• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings π–€ π“π‘πž πŒΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹ ࿐ྀུ κͺ– κͺ‰κͺ–κͺΆκͺΆκ«€α‘Ά

demonology

π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’Šπ’” 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’π’π’π’š π’Žπ’šπ’•π’‰.

The ΠΌΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹.

scroll

wordbank + inspirations
suspenseful horror (suspiria, carrie), ethereal terror (the swingin' '20s, the great gatsby), dramatic, open-world, wings-a-feather, creatures of the blank deep, mild lore, lazy-lit

spots open
4-5

rating
18+ (dark themes)

how to apply
pm me!

𝙰 π™²πšŠπš•πš• 𝚝𝚘 π™°πš›πš–πšœ 𖀐 ࿐ྀུ

A writer with too much time on their hands, calling for a beautiful mind or two to join her. Looking to make something laid-back, lazy-lit in a semi-open world with a few like-minded writers ! Following a cultish ballet company, we would play the dancers and other employees with the potential to play more than one character. The world it takes place in is not like our own, but similar enough you won't have to read mountains of lore to keep up. The plot will take inspiration from films / media like Suspiria, Black Swan, a few classic ballets, The Love Witch, Berserk, Jennifer's Body, etc. While the look and lore of the world takes inspiration from sci-fi retro in the style of anime, such as NGE and Cowboy Bebop, the 1920s/media from that time, mild inspiration from Regency and Victorian eras, 1990s to early 2000s technology, etc.

I'm hoping to make this group small, yet active. A little idea for us to all eat up a little bit of time fawning over and adapting further ! I'm not expecting more than 5 paragraphs per reply or for anyone involved to bother with super long character sheets.

If you're somehow still interested and reading, I'd recommend skimming through what I have below.

Then, if you're still here, for whatever reason, PM me!

58C3B6B1-015F-44B5-AEA5-3090021120AA.png

πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšŽ 𖀐 ࿐ྀུ
The Компания ΠΌΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Π°Π½ΠΈΠΉ. Otherwise referred to in Common as The Reverie Company. Even after almost a century of producing some of the greatest works and heirs to the grand ballet fortune, people are still shocked to hear that The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹ is actually a very public cult. A deal with the Devil, materialized, dancers who escaped or avoided their clutches will say when pestered. Yet, leaving isn't as easy as one might imagine. You are bound to Mother, with your arms and legs transfixed in Her grasp. She owns your soul, acting through Daryna Popova, the Head Choreographer of The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹ and the company's most recent inheritor. Bearing the familial resonance of all Popova women, she is regarded as High Priestess within The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹, though such a venerating term may not be used by anyone outside of The Family. D. Popova acts as leader of her select prodigies, some coming to her as young as 16 while others arrived much later, much more desperate. It is believed that The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹ offers a place amongst them after a vigorous test known as The Cull and a ceremony of welcoming and induction called The Easturnocht.

Except, of course, seedier tellings of The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹'s proceedings exist. The signing-off of one's souls, of one's limbs. Tales of body parts landing on opposite ends of the continent of Kelova. Promises that family will pass if they fail to do their Mother's duty. Ruin planned for all of the country of Telorev.

Except, of course, rumors are lies who've been twisted so well they become half-truths. Let not those less worthy ruin your dinner and a show, ruin your intake of all this beauty. You paid good money for these tickets, after all, and The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹ comes at high regard. A century of producing stars, Daryna reminds.

336A1D2A-25BE-47D4-8DAA-A9E286CD8994.png

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™΅πšŠπš•πš•πšŽπš— π™Άπš›πšŠπš’πš— 𖀐 ࿐ྀུ
Whispers of a forgotten and eviscerated soul. Daiyu had been a promising Grain, the minor gods that carry on the domains of those of yore. Daiyu traversed downward, plopping through a portal that proved her worthy. The Bottom waited with The Borders, the old gods. The ones who still rule, despite their great age. Daiyu, one spoke with pinkΓ©d feathers and black smoke, curling so cruel around her form. Oh, how I've waited for Fate to pick you.

But there is no Grain known as Dai, known as the one who holds Üme's withering soul. Yet, she carries on in the flesh of The Family. She holds their limbs at her command, daintily hoisting them for heart-wrenching beauty that amazes the land. Her essence lives within her vessels, her Kindred. These Kindred are more commonly understood as the dancers of The MΠ΅Ρ‡Ρ‚Ρ‹.

1136AA6B-9750-4AAD-8126-FB8E0CBCEAC4.png

πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšπšŽπš‹πšŽπš• π™±πš˜πš›πšπšŽπš› 𖀐 ࿐ྀུ
As Director and overseer, the unmarried Ms. Popova is widely known, particularly within Telorev. With a straight and elongated nose, befitting of her familial line, and tempestuous rusty eyes, a mix of brown with golden, almost pinkish spots. Her skin is not dusted with red, but rather a blushy pink. When people behold her beauty, they remark that her reddish waft of curls looks so satiny it is a pity there is no lover to touch them. Worse off, she requires spinsterhood, claiming it will bring her creative reckoning. Most within the dancing world look on the Popova woman with curiosity, as they rightfully should. It’s rare in Telorev, it’s rare anywhere for such curiosities to exist within a cult leader. Without any particular charisma and with a voice as softened as her hair, Daryna Popova is not what anyone would call to mind for a domineering Headmistress or High Priestess.

Of course, people are foolish. Humans do not have the eye for reality. Ms. Popova is the great Border known as Ume. A goddess from The Bottom and ruler of all limbs. Her domain is tricky, oftentimes guarding creatures from treading where they might fall, such as with a young boy’s hand running through a sewing machine or a fawn on a bear trap. Imperfect, not everything can be held within her grasp, not even within her domain. But it isn’t her fading glory that irks her. No, it is the death of her child, her Grain. The tear that she shed to give her sweet daughter her ultimate gift: her essence, her power.

When her brothers and sisters, the uncles and aunts of her child, called their Council to decide what to do with innocent Daiyu, they incorrectly attributed the crimes of another to her. Lee, her mouth salivates with his name. With little proof of the matter, she took to preserving her adopted child, her Inheritor, the only way a god could: by way of religion.

The years drug on, unintentionally long-winded, but Üme preferred to keep herself and her child hidden from the unyielding presence of her fellow Borders and to hide from the immeasurable humanity found within the other Grains. The other adopted children of her godly kin. There was nothing to suspect, as The Family found itself within a wide sea of religious zealots. There was no more credence to be given to it than the Membranity praisers or the Nephilim of elsewhere. The Family and The Reverie Company, like all great cults, simply managed to make a mint out of it.

6DD49ED7-A6B6-448E-842C-D83D14EB17F3.png
πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Ίπš’πš—πšπš›πšŽπš 𖀐 ࿐ྀུ

The dancers. Our playables (though I will let us second as other characters !). They can come in a variety of forms, particularly as they are imbued with the essence of a Grain. This essentially means that they have the capacity to commonly develop wings, grow horns, develop an overall elasticity of the face, fangs, odd eyes, etc. In addition, they are known to cultivate a sense of bloodthirstiness, particularly as that is Daiyu’s vengeful spirit impacting their personalities, in addition to High Priestess Popova’s constantly reaching expectations. Her harsh tone permeates all, turning them into her personal beasts. That is the point, of course, as most of their productions imitate the stories Ume and her child, Daiyu have experienced in The Bottom, where the gods lie. Furthermore, The Kindred are used to do Dai’s bidding with Popova also keeping them as sharpened tools for her own benefit, with an eye always looking towards the kin that betrayed her.

While the Kindred can have varied abilities, their primary one is the boosted agility. Though Dai assists in their dance work (the major appeal of the vessel deal), they can also yield a secondary gift that is oftentimes related or stems from their limbs (example, pyrokinesis via the fingertips, remote explosives manipulation upon touching an object, etc. I’m open to ideas !).

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

Β© weldherwings.

one again your ideas have balded me 😭 leave some talent for the rest of us

Oh my goshhhh this is so cool! Count me in! (I can finally use my very faint ballet knowledge and put it to good use!)

it seems all of your slots are filled already, but i just wanted to share how lovely an idea this was to read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back