The Main Story [Pinnacle Arc]

Stapes and Manubrium

Stapes sighed. Maybe she should’ve rethought making Manubrium go in the mansion. It was so difficult to maneuver him through the maze of passageways. She gave a smirk when she realized that the skeleton that she wanted to see up close was doing just that: coming closer. She watched as the skeletons grew closer to her master Manubrium’s skeleton. She attempted to make him walk toward them but she growled when she noticed that there was a wall in the way.

The male skeleton seemed to hear something and walked in front of the girl’s around a corner and turned to face Manubrium. He paused for a moment before the man reached his arms up around Manubrium’s neck. His phalanges moved in such a way that suggest he was tying something around Manubrium’s vertebrae. The man leaned back and seemed to admire his work before his mandible opened suggesting he said something. The girl’s skeleton came around the corner and paused in Manubrium’s direction as well. How was it possible that the girl, who had to have been blind due to the horrid appearance of her occipital bone, could see Manubrium?

The man’s skeleton knocked his hand against Manubrium’s skull before continuing down the hallway. The girl’s head turned to face down the hallways before looking back to Manubrium. Her scapulas slightly raised before she continued to walk suggesting that she shrugged. Stapes chuckled. “Alright then, thanks for leading the way.” Stapes muttered to herself before having Manubrium follow the two down the hallway.

Donald 'Dusty' Houns and Jacob Foles

Monster of the Earth and Jacob Foles

Jacob felt something sliver it's way into his head, almost like a snake slipping through a crack in the ground. He stood there confused for a moment, since Alyssa didn't seem to be trying to contact him at the moment. He heard a somewhat familiar voice squeeze it's way into his mind. 'Can...can you hear me?' He turned to where Dusty was standing with the Raven Tail mages, and he assumed it had come from the pink-haired girl who was the intended recipient of the Orb.

He chuckled and pressed his finger to the Orb on his neck. '
Allow me to assume that you were trying to send a message to Dirt Boy. He can't use it, since he's a Dragon Slayer. He's allergic to magic items and such, so it would not be wise for him to use or touch this item. I have one, as does Miss Alyssa Gardener. You can contact us from any distance with these items and exchange information, or well greetings. Either way, know that it runs on your magical power. The less you have, the worse the signal of send and receive.' He sent the thought to her, then focused on all the mages in the room, watching them getting prepared.

Meanwhile, Dusty frowned at Dakora's mute stare, confused on why she was staring so intently at him. He looked over his shoulder to see if someone was behind him, but there were only the assortment of mages. He turned back to her and pointed at his teeth. "
Is there something in my teeth?" He began to pick in each different space of his teeth, trying to pick whatever she was staring at out. "Doesn't feel like anything..." He looked at his foodless finger for a moment and then turned his eyes back to Dakora, a perplexed look on his face. But she was already talking to the other members of her team. He sighed and began to look around the room without much interest. "Jeez, girls are confusing..."

Malka, Elite 1st

By the time it arrived at the entrance, the other mages had already arrived. The first were Lennix and Kirazale, punctual as usual. Stein surprisingly seemed to be on time, and Daichi had somehow made it before the designated limit too. Malka liked that, although it didn't particularly care for the humans themselves. Hmm, it seemed there was another presence afoot as well.

"Well you sure look creepy, I bet half of our enemies will run away when they see you coming in your armour" a redheaded woman said, snickering. "Hmmm, I wonder where the other elite is? I met Lennix before but I am yet to meet the other one....what was his name again?"

Something about this human put Malka off; perhaps it was the hair. It didn’t like similar people much.

“You are a new recruit, no? These three here,” it gestured towards the “terrific” trio, “are Stein, Kirazale, and Lennix. I am Malka, as you may recall. We have no specific guidelines of operation, only that you follow the commands of your superiors--in this instance, these elites. If you refuse, then you will be kicked out and killed; the order of it doesn’t matter much.”

The metallic behemoth settled its weapon upon its shoulder with a clank and turned its head to gaze at the rest of the gathered bunch. Its voice boomed out again as it addressed them, “In any case, Master Alistair has already left towards the Kandosii Mansion.”

Malka shifted its helmet to gaze towards a point in the distance, more for its audience than anything else.

“We are to follow as soon as possible, with me being leader in his absence. If you don’t like it, I’ll kill you,” it deadpanned, no emotion whatsoever. It was just speaking truth.

“Daichi, I suppose you’ll be allowed to come this time. According to the Master, the guilds have set up some sort of trap awaiting for us. We’ll be springing it and be allowed to have our fun with the rats individually. Except for you, Scarlet--you’ll be accompanying Lennix. Listen to all his commands, but other than that you’ll be free to do what you will. None of you may enter the North Wing of the mansion except for Kirazale or I. Are we clear? Actually, I don’t care. We have no time to waste, so we’ll be leaving. Immediately.”

The armored monstrosity suddenly disappeared into a blur. In a surprising show of speed, it dashed off towards the Kandosii Mansion with unexpected grace, practically flying past rooftops without so much as cracking a tile or making a loud sound. Indeed, in some ways, it resembled a hunter on the prowl. Fast, agile, and unnoticed. Armed to the teeth as well, although unlikely literally. Key word being only unlikely.

Kirazale rolled his eyes for a brief moment before returning to his usual icy stare.

“Well,” he said, looking back towards the gathered Raccoon Elites. “We can’t be left too far behind, right? Let’s go.”

In a flash, he disappeared into the wind. A spiral of water flickered around him as he dissolved into the air, briefly appearing a distance away before disappearing once again. It was rather obvious now that the Raccoons would need to follow along, lest they get left behind.

• "Light Red" = Kotone Scarlet

"Dark Red" = Malka

"Blue" = Kirazale

Velexus was a bit put off by Qrow's reaction but could see where he was coming from and though he had meant the "pleasantries" to be short anyway the sooner they got to their positions the better.

"I'll be going ahead." That was all the explanation given and required, Velexus took a deep breath and let it out slowly...once again he would walk behind this man seeing not much else to keep him here. Lacking the knowledge of the two other mages of their team, Velexus hoped they knew to just go to their position. "Kono and Klefa right? I hope I at least get along with those two mages." Velexus muttered as he walked after Qrow falling behind at his slower pace. It was fine he only needed to be able to see where the man went and follow.

Velexus followed Qrow until he found himself in the hall observing as his ally doused lamps and made similar adjustments all increasing the amount of shadow around him. Velexus thought to say something but held it back considering his companion's aversion to conversation and a good thing to because the man was soon gone sinking into the shadows and disappearing within them. "
A shadow manipulator." Velexus made a mental note note to use light magic that actually cast...well light, honestly it would probably be more effective to start with his black magic but the wasn't his style and he had many spells at his disposal more than most wizards would allowing him great versatility especially with defense magic.

Coming out of his thoughts Velexus drew his sword, best to make his opponent believe he was strictly a swordsman, that way his plethora of magic would come as a surprise giving him yet another advantage. The blade was strong and the enchantments he knew still there just not evident. Velexus stood waiting, not daring to put his guard down yet not until this ordeal was over.

Truth be told, Maverick wasn't exactly sure what was going on at the time. Maybe it was because he drifted off thinking about the fight for far too long? Maybe. Or maybe it was the lack of his second daily nap. Who knows, maybe he was simply thinking about his new team and learning their names and faces. Whatever was the case Maverick had become quiet lost. But that's not a problem someone like him couldn't handle. What did leave Maverick more than confused was the introduction of a male Blue Pegasus S-Class mage known by the nickname of Dusty. Maverick wasn't sure if he would be part of the team or if he was introducing himself for the sake of being well-educated. And frankly by now Maverick was a bit scared to ask. What he did know however was the fact that Dusty and Dakora seemed to be close and thanks to the wink he fired her way Maverick rolled out the possibility of them being siblings, unless they had a really close relationship. Still, the mage seemed friendly enough at least, at least more than Kyoya. But even if he knew squat about this new mage Maverick did what he always does when this type of situations pop around. Be polite.

"Ah, its indeed a pleasure to meet you Dusty. May our paths cross sometime soon." Maverick said, pulling off the best fake smile ever to be created. (@Refaulted )

Maverick then turned his attention towards the name-confusing mage simply known as Aedon. After he heard his apologize Maverick found himself legitimately smiling softly at the mage. It seemed that at the time being all of his teammates seemed like nice people, he was even rather fond of Kyoya. Maverick was quiet surprised to hear Aedon's request, but he didn't fail to keep the same smile on his face.

"Don't worry Aedon, I promise you I will keep you and Fermata as shadowed as one can be. I think I know what I will do" Maverick said with a faint determination. (@CelticHero37 )

Maverick had no idea what he would do. Shadowing them? How was Maverick, a mage whose magic centered around dreams, even gonna do that? But he couldn't leave him teammates down....Or maybe he could? No! Even if he broke his brain on the process Maverick would try to find a way to shadow his two teammates...Boy were these new grounds for him. After some thinking Maverick thought he had figured out a way to remain both Fermata and Aedon hidden for a surprise attack. He smiled devilishly at his own brilliancy. But for now he would have to wait a bit before revealing it. Maverick would probably reveal it when he was asked to, but it would be better if he was asked before the fight started, for preparations reason.

"Don't worry about me, I've dealt with dark wizards before," Kyoya said to Aedon, before reluctantly grabbing Dekora's and Maverick's hand. Once the sensation of Aedon's magical energy entering into him stopped, he quickly let their hands go. Friendly physical contact between allies wasn't his forte.

Kyoya then turned his attention to the Blue Pegasus wizard that introduced himself as Dusty. Unlike Maverick who made a friendly introduction, Kyoya silently stared with the usual scowl on his face. His attention quickly changed elsewhere as he picked up on a strange sound. Aedon must have heard it too because he saw him walking toward the sound. He noticed the strange skeleton walking down the hall, if you could call it walking. "It's a skeleton all right," he said to Fermata. "But who's controlling it?" he asked with a paranoid growl.

( @The Servant @Nekoni @Refaulted )

Lennix, 3rd Elite

Turning around, the Lavender-haired man admired his handiwork. 'Wow-wow. About sixty ..no.70? Maybe.. is it 80? Man. It's a hell of a lot of em'..looks like I went a bit overboard...Ah whatevs. If it's a battle these mages want, then it's a battle these mages going to get.' The man eyed his followers as they stood with pitchforks, knives, and anything their hands could get a hold of. It was a gathering of his own little army. Talking to nobody, he hummed, "Lennix Odumo, Raccoon Alliance 3rd elite, ready to roll."

"Scarlet, what.." He stopped realizing there was no one there except for him and his crew. 'Maybe she went on ahead then. Alright then that's that I guess. Here we go.' With a throat clearing, he started, whipping around the murmuring mass, "People of Pinnacle! I have gathered you all here today, because of a HUGE injustice. We people have been suffering for way too long under the rule and terror of this Dark Guild named Raccoon Alliance. They have been nothing but trouble for us, killing our people, robbing our stores, scaring our children; this ends now!" A long finger raised and pointed at the Kandosii mansion. "Through much painstaking search, I have found out, that this, this place here, is the Raccoon Alliance Headquarters. Inside there, are the demons that you despise. Inside there, they are gathered planning their final acts of destruction for our fair town. My heart hurts thinking upon the lengths they're willing to go for god knows what..However, take heart my friends! They are strong, but not unbeatable. If we work together, we can wipe them out, right here, right now." @kirito1337

A hearty roar rang out letting him know his words were well-received. The band of armed civilians trailed the man as he began taking steps toward the grounds' front. 'But what's that..?' Off in the distance, he saw two things: A white knight, and a boy sitting at the steps of the entrance. "Stop! This is it people! Our first objective is to take out those two look-outs by the door! Let's make everybody proud!" A wave of angered citizens rushed towards the forefront, some running straight up to the pair with bladed weapons, others picking up rocks and chucking them. A grin spread across Lennix's face. 'Excellent.' Breaking hard to the right onto a path of his own, the elite angled himself towards one of the mansion's far off walls. Immediately seeing what was needed, the man jumped up, hands gripping a ledge right under an open window. Wonderful. Just his luck, it was already smashed wide right open (Kaine's character). Pulling limber body up and over, the assassin stayed with back to the walls, creeping along their form in a barrage of silent foot-steps. @The Servant

Earlier Before The Assault

"Hey! Hey! I know you! You're with that Raccoon Alliance group aren't you!? Hey, answer me!" Lennix only stared at the scared and irate man, complete with axe in hand. "If you are, I'm going to kill you! I've lost so many people to you guys!! And for what!? I don't even know why!" A deep breath was all that was needed. Exhaling a burst of air tinged with purple from the elite's signature sleep magic, that upset citizen's eyes drooped ever so slightly. "Do I look like Raccoon Alliance to you?" It was a success. "Wh-what..? I..uh..no. Sorry..you just looked really familiar for a second..I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me.." Walking over, the Raccoon placed an arm around his buddy's shoulders. "It's alright man. People make mistakes. It happens. I see you're ready to do some major damage though. What if I told you I know where those dark guild mages are hiding?" At this, the man's eyes lit up. "Yup. Took a long time, but I think I finally got it. Tell me, he questioned," Looking down at the axe, "Would the people of Pinnacle be ready to end things once and for all?"

They are armed civilians, what will you do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shin

Shin got up and quickly flicked his sword around before Sheathing it. He looked around at his Comrades. He had been put on a team with Drake, Blitz, Alvina, Karla, and Alyssa. He walked over to Alyssa. "When ever your read Viper Tongue, we should start to set up some traps, I have a feeling this enemy will be tough but I've thought out a couple new abilities that I can use against him" He said as he made his way past a couple of the members on his team. "Be ready, I have a feeling this will not be a easy battle" he said to them as he began to walk towards the area where he would be fighting. Upon his arrival there he looked around a quickly tried to come up with a plan for battle

Kotone Scarlet

Scarlet looked down on the mansion in front of her. She was sat down on a roof top kicking her legs back and forth. "Man when is Lennix going to get here" she said to her self. She then looked down to see the knight and boy stood out on watch and then looked to the mob of people coming here way. "I guess I found out where Lennix is to" she said jumping down and quickly moving to Lennix's Location.

(Short post sorry, all I can do for the moment)

Alyssa Gardner

Watching in a bored manner as the people around her flittered off into their own conversations, Alyssa quietly leaned against the nearest wall, Loke her guard beside her. Sighing, the dark green-haired mage narrowed her eyes, scanning the room looking over her temporary 'teammates'.

She almost snorted at the thought. Teammates. The only two people in this room she considered a teammate was Loke, with Ryos right behind him. She refused to count that idiot Aedon. The fool was useless in her opinion.

Spotting the quiet Drake she stared at him for only a moment, seeing nothing of importance before she moved on. He was the silent stand-off-ish type, and she preferred not to get into it with people she didn't care about. He was definitely one of those people. Continuing her perusal of the room, she spotted Karla. Frowning slightly, she watched the older woman, trying to remember everything she could about the Blue Pegasus mage. Seeing as she never really read any magazines, not giving a damn about the gossip of Fiore, she didn't know much, besides the fact that she was very sure that the woman was a Re-quip mage.

Moving on, she spotted Alvina, though she quickly continued on. She was pretty sure the girl was from Fairy Tail, though she wasn't certain, and nor did she care. Though speaking of Fairy Tail, Alyssa's gaze sharpened as she spotted Shin walking towards her.

Loke tensed, ready for anything if the man tried anything, or even if Alyssa tried anything towards him. They were on the eve of a battle, they didn't need fighting between their members. Especially since they knew nothing of the foe they were to face.

"Alyssa, play nice," the Lion warned softly before the Blood Dragon Slayer came into hearing range.

In response she rolled her eyes, waiting for the male to approach her.

"Whenever your ready Vipertongue, we should start to set up some traps. I have a feeling this enemy will be tough but I've thought out a couple new abilities that I can use against him." he said upon reaching her.

Honestly Alyssa didn't care what new abilities the idiot had, and she told him such before he turned. "In regards to the man we are fighting, I'm the one who will face him first." she then continued, her voice loud and clear as she addressed the rest of her 'team'.

• Dark Green - Alyssa

Orange - Loke

Red - Shin

@kirito1337 @Black Masquerade @FruitNinja @Archdemon

Drake decided to walk over to his group after he petted Amaterasu. Shivers went down his spine as he felt like some was watching him for a slit second. He then went towards his group just in time to hear the plan and what Alyssa said. Most of the people here he hasn't met before on proper terms. Amaterasu was the first out of the two to greet the team by barking once, she then proceeded to walk over to Alyssa and Loke and began to sniff them. Drake was thinking for a moment before commenting on what Alyssa said "We should formulate a plan first before we decide who's charging in first." He started following behind Shin.

Aiden stretched for a moment and went to his little sniping perch where he'll be picking people off left to right.

Karla

Karla knelt lethargically against a nearby wall, a drowsy look written on her face. One thing occurred after another, first it was the initial experience with the Racoon alliance, then it was that little brat Rei and then the cherry on the cake, she still had more to do. No one had the slightest respect for her, it was always; 'do this Karla' and 'do that Karla'. Couldn't they see she was bloody tired!?

For a while longer Karla drowned in her self pity but soon realized she probably should get her job done, tired or not. It was the only to avoid a bitch-fit from Novus or some other pain in the ass. She abruptly jumped to her feet and wandered off to her assigned group who she thought were just a bunch of losers. There was that Alyssa bitch, who always had that exasperating aura of confidence to her, then there was Drake who she didn't care the slightest for, then there were just a bunch of people she was too lazy to distinguish. She quietly made her way inside the group barging her way in, not caring in the slightest who she bumped into.

"Well this group has gotten a little bit better now, what do you need me to do? I can do just about everything better than you lot." She interfered with her usual tone of superiority.

@kirito1337 @Infinities Lover

Ryos Delomora [Lamia Scale]

After sufficient time passed by, in which various individuals introduced themselves to their tactical teams, Ryos decided it was about time that the plan was set in motion.

"Alright, now that we've all gotten to familiarize ourselves with one another, lets get down to business. All of you need to assume the positions Lady Kandosii assigned you. My team, which is taking on Stein, follow me to the East Wing. Once we are set up, I will head near the front door to prepare for Raccoon Alliance, and attempt to isolate Stein and bring him into our trap," Ryos announced. Without waiting to see if everyone understood him, Ryos began walking towards the East Wing, fully expecting his teammates to follow.

The upcoming battle was really starting to excite Ryos, and he was anxious to get started.

Rei Gladiolus

Rei was super excited but also alittle shy. With all the new people she didn't know what to do. All she wanted to do was protect the kitty. Pulse few around her flickering at Rei. Oh and save Novus, she must not forget that. Her mind as taking in so many different things her most important goal could help but fade away into the back of her mind. As she battle with her though process, Ryos said something and started walking away. Rei didn't notice as she was still star struck from the new people. When it became too much, she backed away to hide behind Ryos only to discover he was walking down the halls, "Noo, wait for me Ryos.." She ran after him bumping into a few people that were in her way but managing to get through into east wing.

When she caught up to him, she moved beside him. He was super strong and stuff, and he was a dragon slayer. She thought about how cool it would be to slay a dragon. Then she started acting out her future fight with a dragon. First she held out her arms as if the where wings and started taking big steps at Pulse, "Rawr Rei, you will never defeat me, your magic is too weak." Then she ran up the hall and turned around while pounding her fist together at Pulse , "noo dragon, you will be beaten for I am Rei Gladiolus the Unyielding, and after today the dragon slayer." she then boxed the air and made some over dramatic kicks. Then she ran at Pulse. "Super Kick Of The Dragon" she jumped and kicked the air as she passed Ryos. With her heavy shield on her back and lack of training in marital arts of the dragon, she lost her balance and fell on her back. She squirmed as if she was about to die, "Argh I have been defeated by the great and powerful Rei... I am no more... Blech" Rei finished the enactment by tilled her head to the side and sticking out her tounge as if she was dead. Pulse flickered angrily and poked her head. She looked forward to she Ryos was still walking... "Noo don't leave me..." She rolled to her stomach before picking her self up and running after Ryos.

She was was not completely done though she really wanted to be strong so she could protect and stop Novus just like Novus would protect her. So she looked at Ryos thinking about what he did that she could also do. The first and only thing she could think of was his walk. So she imatated his walk as best as she could. Sadly her legs where not long enough to and she had to take bigger strides whiched caused her to slow down. So every time he would get a couple of feet ahead of her, she would run up alittle infront of him and return to mimicking his walk.

@BLUR

@Thesmashbro

The White Knight:

After successfully exiting through the chimney after his master was done talking to him The White Knight returned to his guard post, standing in front of the manor's front door. His mission was clear, protect the residence and Maverick, killing anyone who got on the way. The White Knight drew out his two-handed sword and pressed the point against the floor below him, remaining completely motionless after doing so. Due to his lack of movement many passers-by assumed the knight was but a mere statue and didn't pay much attention to it. He even heard a pair of them whispering, asking to each other if that statue used to be there, but they soon simply moved along.

At some point in time The White Knight was joined by one of the mages that were having a meeting inside the manor. Seeing how the knight was too concentrated with his job he didn't even glance at the male mage and instead remained as immobile and lifeless-looking as before. As time passed The White Knight noticed how congregation of people began to gather in front of the manor, many of which wielded weapons or were picking up rocks that lay on the floor. The knight immediately knew something was wrong. They were getting ready for something. The air felt filled with an unnerving feeling of blinding rage. The White Knight turned towards the mage that was sitting by the stairs.

"Warn...m-my...master..." The White Knight's voice sounded like the one of a dying man. (@Red )

As The White Knight turned to face the crowd back he realized something. He was probably gonna die there. The knight was being hugely outnumbered by armed citizen, but that didn't matter to him. Even if it would cost him his life The White Knight would slice through the crowd in order to protect his master, after all he had given him life. The knight pointed his sword at the crowd, as if warning them, but they didn't seem to listen to his threat. Now his fate was sealed, but his master would at least live a bit longer. Even if they were mere citizens The White Knight would cut through as many of them as he could. As soon as the first intruder set a foot in the manor's territory the knight charge forward, sword in hand and even breaking a portion of the ground as he did so. (@White Masquerade )

title545675076.png

"How insulting." Ein said. His peace was disturbed by two things: an angry mob, and this 'white knight'. "You've no authority over me, doll." he said directed at his implied ally. Ein didn't even bother asking who his master was.

Ein looked at the rabble charging at them. They were nothing more than civilians, riled up and manipulated. They had no part in this. This was merely a basic diversion by the enemy. Whatever this thing by his side is, it wasn't very smart. It would harm civilians. What would people think about legal mages after this. Ein had to do something. He had to show an example.

"Equip: Melforce" A spear appeared in Ein's hands as he uttered these words. He held the spear high with both hands and as he swung it towards the crowds direction, a strong wave of force blew them away. It would probably be enough to knock out a few of them. "You should know better than to kill the innocent, puppet. I'll leave this to you."

This was obviously just a ruse to get their attention. The elites have probably already infiltrated the mansion. Ein had no time for this. Ein left this area to go look where he is more needed.

@The Servant @White Masquerade

Maldachika & Novus Clive

"Man.."

"Tch.."

Malda shielded her face, as a gust of wind radiated outwards from the center of battle. Hiding power like this..? It took you long enough. Dropping down exhausted to one knee, the woman watched on as the two traded a series of air-crashing blows. She wanted to enter the fray despite not understanding much, but in light of Zac's transformation, she knew this was not her battle. This struggle was one between a boy and his inner demon. Only he, and he alone, could deliver the finishing blow. "Novus. How's your body? Can you move?" To this, the younger responded with a firm "Aye. After he patched me up with that rune magic, I'm feeling as spry as I've ever been. If it's an open spot he wants, I have no problem giving it to him. Get me up close."

At this, the elder eyed the younger with a searching look. "You know," she started, "You don't have to do this. The boy has enough power. He's going toe-to-toe with the thing. Look, I can work on a way of getting us out of here. Once we're outside, we can end this by using the chance seal away Zac's body. If he loses the battle, at least the world will be safe from this monster's clutches."

"Excuse you. Sister. Weren't you the one going on about trust and being a family? Did you forget this already??"

"He's no longer a part of this guild little sister. While you were bleeding away smashed into the mirror, he was crying, too afraid to do a thing."

"So what? You act like you haven't cried." Novus was seconds away from bringing up the state of Malda, when she found her in the hallway, but realized sometimes things were better left unsaid. Who knew what bringing up old wounds would do, to a person already broken and teetering on the edge between desolation and despair. Show Malda kindness Novus. She's already been through enough. The younger Clive broke into a soft smile, giving sister an enthusiastic thumbs up. "Hey. Sis. Cheer up and don't be so pessimistic. With us on the case, things will turn out alright. Don't give up before you've even started trying. To me, that guy is still a part of our guild. He needs help, and I'm going to give it to him. As master of my guild, you're obliged to help me in my endeavors. Isn't that right?"

"Shut up.." Lifting up an upward palm, a swirling portal opened in front of Novus. "Do what you want."

"Where will that take me?"

"Do you trust me as your guild-master?"

"Definitely." Without a second thought, Novus ran full speed ahead into the purple gate.

Yes. Out she popped from thin air directly above the monster, dropping straight onto its back, with arms wrapping around the neck. [Chain Magic: Human Coffin]. Metal links sprouted from the woman's arms, legs, chest, head, and back, binding the creature momentarily in place. And here come the inevitable struggle.. "Alright Zac! Face your fears! True strength is just that! You control this monster! It does not control you! As your friends, we've got your back! Now finish this!"

@Kaine

"Eeeeeeeuuuuuuuhhhhhh" yawned the Solver of Formulas waking up on a boat. He looked around and could see the boat was approaching land, the swaying of the boat did annoy him a bit thought. He sat up straight to see no one else was in the boat. "Oh right I rented this thing and stopped rowing because the current was bringing me in anyway. Man that was one mean nap, but man am I late. I gonna need a good excuse as to why I'm so late. I'll say I was on a job and came here as soon as possible." The boat his the land with a not loud bump. Sor quickly got out and dragged the boat onto shore.

He walked a little bit into town noticing no one was on the streets. The place looked like a warzone, Pinnacle was definitely damaged. He could hear what sounded like people yelling and screaming off towards a large builiding probably a large mansion. He stopped when he heard a typical stick crack. He looked around and spotted out. He knew instantly they were the enemy. "Come out raccoons it's open season." He shouted, They emerged from the shadows of the alleys and walked towards him. One of them muttered something a magic circle for fire blazed to life in his hand. Then a fireball came rocketing out at him. Sora hit the ground ducking the fireball and responded with a basic lightning spell catching the mage guard and in the face. He crumpled to the ground screaming. The others readied their attacks and soon the area became a barrage of magic flashes and smoke. But in the end Sora stood victorious over the raccoons who were not dead but unconscious.

"Crap taking too long!" he exclaimed leaping to the roof of the nearest house. He began jumping from house to house finding it faster than the streets. Before he knew it the mansion was in view and he could clearly see it was war torn.He saw the people in front get blown back by some sort of wind magic. He didn't bother going through to the front but rather went for the East side. He climbed over the gates easily, then landed with a roll to make less noise. He walked over to a window and pressed his hands against it, he shoved up on the window making it go up. "People should really lock their windows." Sora commented hopping through. He stopped when an enchantment revealed itself, acknowledging and memorizing it's specifications he moved onward. He stumbled upon a pool. The water looked inviting but he quickly spotted atleast two people on the side. He jogged on over with his hans up showing he was not a hostile. He approached slowly once he was in 5 yards. He stopped at 3 yards and said "Hey I'm Sora Natsume of Lamia Scale, the Solver of Formulas. I know I'm late but i'm here now."

@Refaulted @Nekoni

Drake stopped as he heard the words that came out of Karla's mouth. He then turned to face her "You're all bark and no bite." That was all that he said to her before turning towards the area they were suppose to fight in. He didn't like people who were too confident in themselves, people like that can do some really stupid things. As he walked away something fell out of his pocket, it shined in the light so it was made of metal. It was the necklace of his mother and on the back of the the necklace was the words "Keep me in your heart forever." Amaterasu followed close to Drake in a protective manner.

@Infinities Lover @kirito1337

Alyssa Gardner

Rolling her eyes at the older woman's remarks, the green-haired woman agreed with her to a certain degree. Though that dumb smart-ass who was currently walking away with the overgrown dog was starting to get on her nerves. Strike that, he already was, now he's just making things worse.

"Oh shut the hell up, you piece of shit!" she snarled at the stupid male, before storming off, dragging Karla with her, Loke following behind.

As she stormed past the idiot and his dog, Alyssa let go of Karla's wrist muttering something sounding like an apology as she continued on to where Shin had headed.

"Out of all these idiots, I like you the best." she admitted, a fierce glare on her face as she considered all of the idiots she was dealing with. "At least you aren't stupid like the rest." she sighed, trying to calm herself down.

Running a hand through her hair, she started thinking of the best way to get through the next little while. Obviously the guy they were fighting had some sort of control over gravity, therefore she needed to face him first. She could counteract that with Libra, but what else would they need to do.

As overconfident as she was, Alyssa wasn't stupid enough to think that she could defeat the man by herself. The only way she'd attempt that is if she was asking for death, and she was pretty sure Loke wouldn't let that happen.

Letting out another sigh, she glanced at Karla. "You're a Re-quip mage right?" she asked, wanting to confirm her information. They were going to need all the information on each other they could get.

• Dark Green - Alyssa

@Black Masquerade

Karla

Karla turned her head over to the bland boy. Apparently he had some sort of right addressing her and calling over, what a joke. Karla's eyes lit up with what can only be described as deathly. After a quick scoff her brow widened and her glare penetrated Drake like a super charged laser beam.

"Oh, clearly original." She begun factiously. "Unfortunately, despite my superb fighting ability, I am no dog. But by the looks of it, you might as well be one with that ugly mug of yours. A lonely wet pup, abandoned by its family, out in the rain waiting to starve to death. That about describes what I think of you." She countered, relieving the glare off of him for a moment, but quickly residing it back on him. "Never address me again doggy, lest you want me to make things really ugly." She added, but felt a light tugging at her wrist. At first she thought it to be some sort of pathetic restriction from publicly humiliating this man any further, but when she looked back it was Alyssa carrying her off.

"Out of all these idiots, I like you the best."

In a few, quick moments, Karla felt a growing respect for this random girl, who she at first, labelled as a bitch. She gave her an agreeing nod and looked to the other man for a quick moment until fixing her eyes back on Alyssa.

"Hmf, I have to say I agree. I can't work with bumbling idiots like those. I'd rather take these fuckers on my own, though you look reasonable. You know what? I like you the best too, let us team up for the time being." Karla replied in agreeance. She didn't know any of those people back there, but she didn't need to. She knew they were all incompetent and would only get in her way.

Soon after her reply the girl, Alyssa asked her another question:

"You're a Re-quip mage right?"

She gave her a quick nod. "Yeah, that's my things. Swords, blades, Axes, lances, bows and whatever melee weapon you can think of. I am a master of all them, and I can summon any of them on command. What about you?" She informed her with the utmost confidence.

@Infinities Lover -Chan~

Legend Green=Alyssa

Red=Karla

Drake saw the gleam of the amulet that fell out of his pocket so he blended down and picked it up. He started to put it on when he heard what Karla said. He wanted to really punch her in the face with a steel fist but he controlled himself and just kept on walking. He had arrived to the battlefield and saw Shin looking around and decided to start a little conversation with him. "Shin right? I hope you aren't like those two girls, cause for now I like you better than them." He thought for a moment before kneeling down and saying "Amaterasu, I want you to get out of this house." A whine of disapproval came from her. "Amaterasu I can't let anything happen to you! You're the only thing that's important to me and it's safer for you." She let out a sad whine as she ran out of the house away from the fighting.

@kirito1337

Episode 6: Unity!

A wave of civilians marched into the mansion’s front courtyard. Perched on a rooftop behind them stood a tall figure, who watched down over the ensuing proceedings.

Old_man.jpg

It was an aged man, brimmed with a stock of white hair around his chin and down past his shoulders. He wore an elegant white uniform, simple, but accented by the gold and jewelry decorating it. It was much like a military leader’s uniform in that sense; authority and a demand for respect seemed to resonate from his very appearance.

He was known as Alistair van Duke. The head bodyguard of the Pergrande Royal Family, and more recently the Leader of the Raccoon Alliance. Sharp eyes roamed across the mansion entrance, examining the minor details and imperfections present throughout the residence.

A bulky figure landed next to him, its heavy armor giving a soft clank upon impact. A sharp, spiked helmet rose to look out towards the gathered mob, just as he was, before it’s glowing red eyes turned to look towards him.

“Malka,” Alistair greeted, “Excellent that you’ve arrived. The time has come; the keys lie within that mansion.”

Aforementioned behemoth’s eyes slid to look towards the grand building, but it did not respond.

“However, it seems that the guildlings have set up runes traps for us in wait. Most likely they’ll attempt to bar us from entry to the vault, or perhaps separate us from one another. In either case, although they are mere annoyances, their interference could disturb the opening process. I trust that you will elmina-”

“No,” the metallic monster spoke. It returned its piercing gaze back towards Alistair, challenge present in its eyes.

“I have no interest in killing humans, Alistair. The retrieval of the keys is my primary concern, not whatever grudge you may have against these guilds. I will do what I can to stop them from interfering with your vault opening, but I do not care for a fight today,” Malka said.

“I too share your goal, Malka. As you wish, it is not necessary for you to personally kill any of these guildlings today; I cannot say the same for the rest of the Elites,” Alistair’s eyes shifted ever so slightly to the left, where a blonde was taking shape from a whirlwind of water.

“Kirazale, take the others inside. There will be a trap waiting for us. Go ahead and spring it, follow the directions they give. Malka will be free to do what she will in the meantime. Once you have disposed of whatever guild mages come your way, join us in the North Wing,” the Leader instructed. He then returned his eyes to watching the mansion, where a man seemed to be dealing with the first wave of civilians.

“Do you have the prisoners?” Alistair then questioned the 1st Elite beside him.

“...Yes,” Malka replied, although after a few moments pause. It’s cape began to unfold outwards from it’s sharp blades, and from within came two figures grasped by tentacle-like appendages. Both were unceremoniously dumped onto the rooftop beside them.

Of the two, one started gasping for breath as soon as she hit the ground. Beads of sweat dripped from the folds of her wet hair, and her skin looked clammy to the touch. Glaring up at her captors, the girl named Vaiya Kandosii climbed onto all fours.

“You,” she said, panting. The blonde began crawling towards Alistair, the source of all her misery. It was he who had ruined her peaceful life all those years ago, and he who continued to make her feel so weak now. She reached out to grasp at him, searching for whatever revenge she could attain.

Her attempt was in vain, as with a loud smack a boot stomped her back down onto the ground.

“I wouldn’t get so hasty, princess,” the newly-arrived Stein said with a smug grin.

Vaiya grit her teeth and raised her head towards Alistair once again. He didn’t even bother to look at her. She tried to move, but quickly found that Stein’s foot kept her in place quite well. Instead the blonde settled for glaring at him again, reaching inwards for whatever stores of Magic she had left. There was none.

Crying out in frustration, Vaiya reached out towards Alistair once again. To get a grip on him, hit him, do something to him. And then he looked straight towards her, eye-to-eye.

There was no hate in his gaze. No rage or disgust or anger. What was there was far worse. His eyes bore into her soul, looked throughout her to examine every portion of her life...and dismissed it. Her life had no value to him. He would kill her if he needed to and wouldn’t spare so much as a thought about it for the rest of his life. That pure apathy to her existence terrified her.

Vaiya did not want to be afraid, or weak, or beaten, but in this instance every pore of her body radiated that same fear of the predator. She couldn’t control it. Weakly, the blonde lowered her head downwards in shame. She was defeated.

Alistair looked back towards the mansion and began his orders, “Form up, move in.”

He jumped down from the rooftop, landing with enough force to create a small crack in the cement ground. In a blur of motion, he reappeared once again in front of the civilian crowd at the doorstep to the mansion. A knight stood in the way, guarding the mansion entrance before him.

The Leader took a cursory glance towards the white guardian, and dismissed it in that same instance. In a flash, literally, the defender was sliced into two and thrown by the wayside. The speed of the whole assault gave the impression that Alistair didn’t even move at all. In a way it was true--he barely even flinched.

He approached the magnificent steel and gold-laden entrance to the Kandosii Mansion, even taking a moment to marvel at the smoothness of its oak and the elegant structure it had.

“Stein, I believe this your specialty,” Alistair said, looking towards the sandy-haired Elite. The other grinned wildly, brandishing a bright white ball glowing from his right hand.

“Way ahead of ya, boss man. Let me handle this!” he shouted. A loud hum soon emanated from the steadily expanding ball of light, up to the point that it began fluctuating on the point of instability.

“Remember,” the Leader reminded Stein, “maximum disruption. Make sure the rats know we’re here, eh?”

The crazed Elite didn’t need him to say any more. With a heavy yell, the man struck the door with the full force of his explosive attack. The first to come was the light. Next came the heat. Then came the sound. Finally, the debris.

explosion1.jpg

The once magnificent gate became a gaping hole in an enormous explosion. Shockwaves reverberated throughout the mansion, shaking it’s foundations. All within felt the force of the blow, like an earthquake that rippled through the floors and halls. It’s following concussive blast shattered windows, glass, and wood left and right, the remains of the doorway smashing through the lobby’s elegant furniture and flooring. Like the entrance to hell, the opening lit into smothering fire, burnt and most of it reduced to ash.

Stepping forth, the Raccoons proceeded into the residence unharmed. They were here, in the lobby directly adjacent to the primary dining hall where the guilds had concluded their meeting.

A magic barrier arose, blocking further entrance with its warning text. Yet, they could still be seen. The force of the explosion had collapsed much of the wall between the primary dining hall and the lobby, leaving only a few crumbling pieces of burnt wood and ashes between the oncoming Elites and war.

A series of rules arose, inscribed into the magical barrier that barred entry into the mansion.

1. The enchantment will be a cube, encompassing the whole mansion from basement to ceiling. Within this cube there will be further cubes, which will be designated arenas, only enter able by legal mages, guild less if accompanied by a legal mage, and the Raccoon mages indicated in each arena's enchantments.

2. Outside of these arena's yet inside the enchantments, no magic intended to harm others may be cast. Entry is not permitted to the North Wing, or the the basement except for legal mages, and anybody accompanied by a Legal mage.

3. Raccoon mages must enter their respective arenas within five minutes of entering the mansion. Failing to do so will cause them to be struck with a 'pain' rune until they enter. Any Raccoon mages not listed in the enchantments may not enter at all. Attempting to do so will cause them to be struck by a 'fear' rune.

4. Once inside the arenas, Raccoon mages may not leave until they have defeated all legal mages within the enchantment.

5. Upon entering the mansion, Raccoon mages will be funnelled by their own, unique enchantments into their arenas. These enchantments will be corridors, and follow the structural layout of the building. No magic may be used within these corridors, and they cannot be escaped from.

6. The above rules will be displayed to everybody within the mansion. Upon entry, Raccoon mages will see the rules.

7. Raccoon mages included in this enchantment are as follows: Lennix, Stein, Daichi, two Raccoon Elites unknown to Alicia Spearheart. Each Raccoon has been designated their own arenas. They may not enter an arena that they are not invited to.

The group made for an imposing view, at the very least, cloaks billowing in the wind amidst an inferno of ash and fire. Among their shadowed and orange-lit figures laid two motionless ones: the first a tall man brimmed in silver hair over the shoulder of a purple-haired Elite, and the other a standing blonde girl with her head down.

They had arrived, and they were ready to fight.

• "Dark Green" = Alistair van Duke

"Dark Red" = Malka

"Sky Blue" = Vaiya Kandosii

"Sandy Yellow" = Stein

"Brown" = Barrier Rune Text

Aiden saw through his sniperscope the elite four and an extra four. Two were tied, one female and the other male. Probably the people who the guild people were talking about. The other two were more like the elite four, one had armor on and the other had more of a military outfit. Aiden had taken one of the prototype communication device and he used it to contact the others explaining everything that he sees especially the crowd of angry villagers. As the elites walked towards the house Aiden decided to take a shot at one of the elites to at least weaken or kill him.

((If the shot is okay can I roll whether or not it hits someone and who it is.))

@White Masquerade

[dice]2851[/dice]

[dice]2859[/dice]

Zaccaria & Adria

The Reasonable Truth

While the little girl had not moved, she had regained consciousness, just not aloud like the others. She listened carefully to their words, and while she was saddened, she did not fret, those two, the sisters had already done more for Zac than she had the entire time they were together.

Turning her head slightly she finally opened her eyes, and upon sudden examination, her eyes were much like a felines. But that was neither important, not relevant. What was were her words.

You both are too kind.” Her voice was kind of weak against the sound of clashing. “The boy who cried was always so afraid. He had no friends, and he was scared of hurting everyone again. Yet somehow the two of you showed him love; for a person who only just met. Even now he fights not for himself, but for us. Only to protect.

The swords clashed ferociously. While the blades neither hit their mark, nor flesh, a wound would appear on Zac’s cheek, and rightly appear on the creature. A glancing blow to the waist and blood streaked from identical wounds on both creature and human. Finally, Zac created an opening and thrust his Holy sword through the creatures shoulder, to clone, blood spurted from his own shoulder in the same exact spot.

The creature moved in close. His voice low and strong “I will kill you!!!

His hand came up and he backhanded the bow, clawing into his flesh and the identical wound on himself. “You feel the pain boy! I do not! I shall conquer this flesh and the world will fear me! Hah hah haha!!!!

He’s going to die, to save us.” The girl continued, “Please show him he doesn’t need to die. That creature is not a demon, its power and he must conquer it! Please! Meow...” She closed her eyes as a tear streamed down her cheek. What energy was left of her, was used with that.

The girls drew out a plan quickly and acted.

WHAT?! Zac went to slay the creature, putting his weapon through its heart and his own, but now Novus would be killed also. What was she thinking. Damn! How was he suppose to end this if his friends where going to through themselves at it. He asked them for help, not to attack as well!!

Alright Zac! Face your fears! True strength is just that! You control this monster! It does not control you! As your friends. We’ve got your back! Now finish this!

That’s right. Adria and himself. They were friends. They had been through thick and thin and he had been ready to throw it all away for no reason. All because he was scared. This creature was his because he used his own power to bring him in; he used his own power to stop him from hurting anyone else and now...

Grinning, he pulled his hands back into a thrusting position. The creature took his moment of weakness to try and escape. The chains creaked but before he could act Zac thrust his sword into the creature, piercing both arms, into his chest but as just an angle it hit nothing vital. As the sword came out the back, Novus was suddenly encased in the armor that was around Zac and the sword thrust pushed her off the creatures back and instead of her skill failing, it was almost like the weapon locked them together at a pivotal point and completely encased the creatures movements.

The creatures power drained almost instantly, making it fall to it’s knees. The wounds appeared in the same spot as the creature and it roared?!!! “WHY!!!!!? WHY KILL YOURSELF!!!?

Taking his hand and placing it on the creatures face, he answered. “I didn’t, I simply had a realization that my life means more than you made me think it did.

You!!!!

And now!!!” His hand turned eye burning white, “This!!! NOOOOO! I WILL NOT!!!

YOUR POWER WAS ALWAYS MINE!!! I WAS JUST TO MUCH A COWARD TO TEACH YOU WHO OWNS IT! WITH MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FINALLY MINE! AND I WILL USE THIS GIFT TO HELP NOT DESTROY YOU SON OF A FU...!!!

The light quickly flooded into the creature and then it turned into a dark purple and flooded back into Zac and as it left the demon’s body, left a cement like statue in its wake and there was a burst of light that blinded everyone as the statue exploded!

Resuming Reality

As Novus and her sister returned to reality, they would instantly realize their they were once again in their room. Everything in the room seemed untouched, all that was except for Zac. His fresh bandages where soaked in blood, and it dripped softly into a pool on the floor, from his chin. His body still hunched over on his knees, but completely unconscious. His hair draped his face and his arms danged to their sides; his fingers swimming in the pool of blood.

His heart rate was extremely shallow and you could almost consider him dead. But somehow with a slight smile and a weight lifted, he truly was finally free.

On the other end of people, Adria, the fluffy cat was now wedged on top of Malda and rested in between her cleavage. The kitty was very proud of her spot seemed to be sleeping as if nothing had happened. She purred very loudly, rumbling Malda’s chest.

Zac is alive, but barely, and out for the rest of this arc. Adria has a Malda/bewb fetish. Lemme know what you think in Ooc

:P
@White Masquerade

Maldachka Clive

Maldachika looked down, heart immediately breaking out into an unsteady beat. What was this?! The cat, er, Adria, was on her chest purring loud, seemingly without a care in the world. It was quite an awkward feeling. It was as if the girl..liked Malda..At this, the woman's breath came in sharp intakes at the realization. She likes me.. This was a new feeling for the young guild-master, and she wasn't sure how to handle it. Though her face remained stolid, a shaky hand thoroughly betrayed her inner feelings. A few moments later, the cat's head was being pet.

"Hard to imagine she's an actual person right?" Novus. The elder Clive stood stock-still, removing her hand quickly from Adria's head. "I'm going back with Zac and the cat to the guild hall. What are you going to do?"

"Ha. So he's back in then?"

"Just answer the question."

"Alright, alright. If you must know, I'd like to stay here and finish what I started in Pinnacle. There's someone I have to protect."

"Rei, right?"

To this Novus nodded. There was no way any of those Raccoon were going to touch a hair on her head. "I have no idea what's going on right now..but all this time, the contract hasn't activated. So I know she's safe. For how long however, is the question." Malda turned to face her sister, speaking matter-of-fact, "I've sorely mis-estimated exactly how un-skillful you really are girl. Novus. If you were to stay, you would not make any difference." There was a sharp breath. "Huh? What in Zeref are you trying to say?? That I'm weak?? Is that what you're saying? I'll have you know I can hit pretty hard." The girl's fist began to glow a bright white while she got up, walking towards Maldachika.

Elder Clive only sighed while enveloping her own hand in Crash. Novus' right arm came in a sweeping hook, but even with Adria snugged square into her chest, Malda easily dodged underneath the swing, delivering her own straight into the center of Novus' stomach. As soon as the blow connected, the arrogant Clive was gone.
"Alright Adria. Let's get this guy some help. We'll be going back to the guild hall, so hold on tight. Just not..too tight." [Warp Magic: To Twilight Ogre]. A shimmering purple portal appeared in the room; an audible hum thumping through the air. The thump turned into crackles as it readied itself to transport those gathered such a long distance. With a final ding, the swirl stabilized, signaling the certitude of a safe journey. Picking up Zac, Malda walked through the dimensional door, fading into nothingness.

Novus Clive

She gasped for air, swimming forward with all her might until she was able to reach the shore. It was unbelievable. Utterly incomprehensible. Her stomach was killing her. It ached with pain..like a steel hammer was smashed into it..And on top of that, she found herself out in open water beyond Pinnacle town's port...If I was out any farther..I could have died... That was all it took. One show of power. One show of power to make the girl realize that right now, she was way out of her league. If anything...I would have gotten Rei into even more trouble..I'm so sorry..I've been so, so foolish..Tears began to stream down her cheeks, as a violet portal shimmered into view on her left. Stepping out with Adria on chest and Zac in hand, Malda offered her free arm to Novus. The girl stood up slowly from the sand dusting herself off with down-cast eyes. "I understand Malda....Sorry Rei," was all she could say before leaving through the portal, with her new Guild-master.

@Unyielding @Kaine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back