The Hunt for the Codex

@HunterJJ before I continue roleplaying I do need your help on this. I would like to know how the story is to progress? Are we largely in charge of what happens or are you going to tell us what happens in certain areas? Also what happens when we fight something? Are we to do the combat or you? And also what are the mechanics for combat? The last thing, what type of animals are we to expect in this world? I imagine horses are very rare as there is hardly any grass or vegetation for them to eat so what am I to expect in the wild?

@LibertyPrime and everyone else

I should have clarified this earlier, the main way that characters can find out about the location of the codex is the following

Find information in abandoned vaults, the vaults are underground caverns that have cities inside of them, they are miles long and miles wide and they have full sized buildings within them, there are cave dwelling mutants within them along with the danger of old and corroded buildings and structures/cave ins, so they are quite dangerous. Within the old computers of these cities, information exists that will point towards the codex's location. My character, Ethan is going to find someone who knows about the codex, he lives in a monastery within the order of Isis, an island dwelling group of monks, the man is a Petersburg security council deserter who has knowledge of the codex. If you, or anyone else has any other ideas about how your character is going to find out about the location, feel free to share it with me and I will give permission if it makes sense. Also, no one will find out where the codex is after one clue, this is a bread crumb trail and it will take several discoveries for us to find it. Once the codex is found, there is going to be an awesome plot twist so prepare for the unexpected.

The combat system is pretty basic, be detailed in describing your actions and no auto hitting! Basically, if is PC combat becomes a problem and neither side will yield hits, I will bring out dice. That is a last resort, but if no one will take hits and if everyone is godding through combat, never being hit, wounded or at least glanced, I will have to bring out dice. Right now though the combat system is basic, use common sense when dealing with combat, there are unavoidable attacks and the physics are real world, if a real person couldn't do what you're character is going to do, it's not going to fly with me (excluding machine enhanced characters)

In terms of animals, horses can be found in certain areas, the Romi use horses a lot, and the northerners have horses as well. Camels are widely used and within the badlands there are a lot of mutated beasts and predators, use your imagination with the mutants as each one varries from the last, basically, imagine an animal that exists in reality and imagine what would happen to it if it got a classic case of cartoon radiation (think fallout, rad scorpions, deathclaws etc.). There are a lot of feral dogs, coyotes, snakes, scorpions, other lizards and buzzards, rabbits still exist and desert groundhogs are still around.

That is so helpful you have no idea!! I have a better understanding of where it is all going now. As you would have read in my previous post as my character. He is meeting up with the other two characters. I was thinking that this girl he is traveling to meet knows an idea of where someone else who knows the location of the codex would be but this vault thing is helpful now. I think I will have her as a guardian as such of a vault in her area. I feel that by going inside that vault and finding a computer I will continue along the trail as such. What do you think? Also, what do you think of my character @HunterJJ ? Is he alright?

Now that you guys are discussing this stuff,I feel that my character needs to meet with someone soon.He might become a dead end or I might just have to follow you guys and you won't notice me at all.My character is lonely anyways and if he meets a few people,it's gonna make him a lot happier but it seems like it's nighttime so maybe we should all go to sleep.But one more thing,it's also a good idea for some of us to to team up because I don't think it's a good idea to go find the codex by ourselves.Maybe we'll all just find out that we're not as good as we think we are.Like my character Peritus.He's a Romi,he has mutations,and he's an extremely skilled fighter with and without weapons.But when he goes in one of those underground cities to find clues,he'll have to fight those mutated monsters and he'll find out that he's not the best fighter anymore.We're all gonna need some help.I've never asked anything like this before but I think someone will have to meet up with my character.

BUT ONE MORE THING (sorry if I talk too much),maybe finding those clues that lead to the codex will be like some sort of journey where characters will find what they're truly seeking.Like maybe a lot of our characters are missing something in their lives.My character struggles with the fact that no matter how many people he saves,the world will never change.So at some point,maybe something will happen that'll change his life.Just a thought.It'll probably just be me but I just wanted to put my idea out there.

Did this role play crash and burn?Because that's what happens to pretty much all role plays.We haven't even gotten to a climax yet.Every role play I get into eventually just stops.Why is that?Like,where did everyone go?We had more than ten members.I don't wanna give up on this...

I hope not, I doubt it though, it's only one day of inactivity, I'm going to create some vault locations that can be explored so that will give everyone a more clear goal, maybe that will increase activity.

@LibertyPrime in response to your question, your character is pretty sick

So I do not know if I can say this or not, since it could be taken as meta gaming. But for those still in the city, and wanting to potentially tag along or move elsewhere. Then the cargo train in my latest post is probably your best bet out of the city, and potential encounters with a moving party. Just saying, and I apologise to GM if this is out of the question.

Im sorry if I have not replied in a while. I still intead to play this I have just been busy. I will be looking to post either later tonight or tomorrow

It flamed out, I wish it hadn't but that's the reality, I should'v made it a group thing, maybe a merc company that is working for someone and the characters are working for the company, that would have at least provided some structure. Thanks to everyone who participated and if you want, we can reboot as a merc company, that way there is more of a common goal to work towards and it will be more of a guided RP which usually is beneficial to the viability of a RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back