• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Freak War

Nekoda smiled as Yata skateboarded over, but sighed at his question. "We had a small falling out this morning, kinda drew a crowd. I would tell you more, but all those thoughts would give me a serious headache. Especially after I just had a small moment of insight." She replied telepathically to him with a tired smile on her face.

Jacob walked out of the now empty shelter that had just previously been on the verge of exploding into a terrible mutant fight. As he left the building he noticed alot of graffiti, writing such as FUCK HOMOSAPIANS and DEATH TO FREAKS was painted onto a few of the surrounding slum buildings. Jacob knew that The Human and Mutant race couldnt be more devided and around these parts, small gang from both species had formed. '

Jacob reached the marketplace. "Now to get some food" He thought to himself, He made sure his blue contact lenses were firmly in place before heading straight to the nearest Pizza store, on the way he made sure to his mind open in case he sensed any mutants. On the way he passed a group of Human teenage girls, "He's cute" one of them thought to themselves. Jacob blushed but quickly remembered that she didnt say it but thought it, He reached the Pizza store and walked up to the counter. The man behind the counter was a large Indian man "whatdaya want?" He said, quite rudely. "Uh could i have 4 large Pizza's, one peperoni, uh one seafood, um one vegetarian and um another peperoni?" jacob replied "Alright that will be $45. 50" The man said. Jacob looked in his wallet and realised he only had $30. "uh i only have $30" Jacob said, embarrased, He was getting nervous. "Not enough" The Man replied giving Jacob a rather nasty look. Jacob hesitated for a moment before saying "Yes, it is" But secretly using his powers on the man. "Ok 4 Large Pizza's coming up" The Man replied. Jacob felt awful as he hated using his powers for personal gain.

"WORTHLESS CRAP!" The boom of a bass tone now blared through the air, knocking the trio down. As Zodiac stood to his feet, he casted a glare back to the drink that had been spilled. A great wonder of life, now gone from his life and wasted to the earth. His purple eyes smoldered in their gaze now upon the trio once more. There was hell to pay now.

"One of you is buying me another drink, lest I knock you back to your human realm on the other side of the world!" The Songster had spat out the word human almost as a curse. This attracted a few eyes around them as he then pulled the middle guy up and tossed him away to the middle of the road, followed by the other two lackies.

It was not enough to co-exist with these humans anymore. And Zodiac had to take a stand with this now. His feet perched him on a soapbox as he roared to the crowd of repressed people.

"HEAR ME, MUTANTS! WE ARE TO NO LONGER BE REPRESSED! WE CANNOT LIVE WITH THE TRAVESTY THESE HUMANS BRING TO US! WHY MUST WE BE HUNTED? WE ARE THE ONES WHOM WANT PEACE, WHILE THEY WANT WAR! WE MUST SHOW THEM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS! WE MUST STAND UP! EVERYONE, HEAR MY PLEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN, FOR YOUR ELDERLY, FOR YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!"

Nekoda gasped briefly as her eyes clouded turning silver as she had vision. She rocked forward unsteadily as she came back to reality mentally using every curse word from the books. "Oh god, this is bad. This is really, really bad." She thought to herself letting her thoughts be heard by Yata also.

Just as Jacob was leaving the pizza store, A horrible vision flashed into his mind. Zodiac had just knocked down 3 humans. "SHIT" Jacob whispered to himself before quickly running back into the pizza store and saying to the indian man at the counter "Im gonna leave these hear, keep them warm" "Ok" The man replied before Jacob sprinted full speed out of the Pizza store and down the road. Less then a minute later he burst into the bar and yelled "ZODIAC STOP!" Suddenly everyone in the bar except for Zodiac and Jacob freezes like statues, Jacob telepathically says "Dont make me force you, Ok, im gonna erase the last 5 minutes of memory from everyones minds in this bar and then we are gonna walk out, peacefully" to Zodiac. 
"We cant start a war in the middle of the damn city! You know better then that dont you Zodiac?" Jacob telepathically says to Zodiac

Nekoda struggled to link herself to Jacob telepathic link. Finally when she got it she tried to speak to him. "Some of the other mutants may be immune to the mind wipe Jacob, and I can sense some of the pretending to be frozen. You need to get out of there and quick. The idea has already been imprinted into their minds."

Zodiac sighed as he looked to Jacob with a growl. "You keep giving in to the humans, Jacob. They come to us wanting war. You know that we can make this whole thing better for everyone. The damn homo sapiens want to be the dominant monkeys on this planet, and it is just not going their way right now. So they intend to give us hell! Why can't we all just be in peace?! I can't walk down a street without looking over my shoulder to hope I don't see a human picking on an innocent eleven year old!"

The boom in his tone got higher as he looked to the male with teary eyes. He was on the verge of a breakdown. Life before the big split had been amazing, and now he was shunned by most of society for something he could not help. Why him? Why couldn't it have been someone down the street....? But it was a guy down the street. And a little girl on the corner. And that little boy with the orange ball. And that was why he was trying to stop this.

"THERE IS ENOUGH BLOOD SPILLED! AND WE CANNOT ALLOW MORE TO WASH ON THESE STREETS, LEST IT BE ON YOUR HANDS!"

"Ok, we're going, Do you know what could happen to us if Zodiac keeps loosing his temper in rooms full of humans" Jacob Telepathically replies to Nekoda. Jacob raises his hand and moves it from one side of the room to the other. "There, every human in this room will forget that the last 5 minutes happened" Jacob says aloud to Zodiac. "Do you really think making threats in the middle of a city with thousands of police officers and even more humans who hate us is the way to get peace?" Jacob continues aloud. "Lets go, ill unfreeze them when we are out the door" he says, and walks towards the exit.

Zodiac had been shakily making his way from the room, looking around. These people. They were not ALL human. Some of the mutants were staring at him as he was walking out. Some of their gazes showed animosity. But the majority was.... Admiration. They admired his spirit. His drive. His need for change. That made one of them, huh? Zodiac had no idea what came over him. A moment of temporary insanity, maybe? But he knew that what he said, it was secretly right. And no matter what the others said, they too knew it to be right.

"Jacob.... We need to change things fast....." Came Zodiac's voice in a shaky whisper as he exited the room. "I don't like to raise my voice...."

Jacob followed behind Zodiac, storming out of the bar and closing the door with his powers. Only a second after the door closed the Bar erupted back to life , as if the last 5 minutes never happened. " I cant believe you made me do that! There were mutants in there, some who were not resistant to my powers!, you know i hate using them on people!" Jacob says angrily to Zodiac, "Look i bought us some Pizza, we'll go pick those up and then head to Silver Road, I think we all need to have a nice chat and set some rules about how to behave in public!" He says again. Jacob notices that nearly every person they pass almost jumps out of their path due to Zodiac's eye's, "Why is he with a Freak?" he hears a young woman think to herself, He remembers that he is wearing contact lenses.

Zodiac then turned his gaze upon Jacob. The cold, harsh words were the LAST thing he needed from someone right now. He was already unstable as it was. And Jacob was not helping in the least. In fact, he couldn't think of a way things could have gotten worse. Knowing Jacob could hear his thoughts, he began to project thoughts.

"You need to cease this instant on your words to me! I did not start this! And Your 'rules' hold me down none. I am not going to just bow to the whims of a makeshift crew whose leader is undecided right now! And the sooner you embrace your damned mutant side and accept that society will not accept us ever, the sooner we can realize a solution..... We are hunted, Jacob. And they will not stop. Ever. Why must you be so blind to it and await your demise like the rest??!!"

Nekoda winced at the accusation in Zodiac's voice. That was reason why Jacob and her had drifted apart, he did not fully embrace his mutant side like all the others. And although there was a lot of truth in Zodiac's speech. Not the entire human race need to be punished. They just needed nip the problem at the bud. The source of the Anti-Freaks.

"Look, im just saying that scaring an entire bar of humans, is not going to help our cause! The more fear we cause the worse itsg going to get, we are outnumbered, 1 to 20,000 ok? And we are not hunted! we're just... we're something different, its gonna take the humans time to adjust to that. This will not end well for either species unless we show them a better path, just because people make bad decisions, doesnt mean they bad people!" Jacob says telepathically to Zodiac. "We're broken Kody, i need you on my side" Jacob telepathically says to Nekoda.

Jacob and Zodiac reach the pizza shop, the man hands Jacob the Pizza's and immidiatley starts to say "GET THAT FREA-" "Oh,Shut up" Jacob says to the man, The clerk goes completely silent, mid sentence. By now Jacob is disgruntled and has a huge headache from blocking Jason's attempt to knock him out. Jacob and Zodiac leave the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I tire of this treatment, though..... Why must we be the ones that get the bitter end of this big pill to swallow....? And they may outnumber us, but we are better. Why, one may ask? We are now more human than we ever were before....." And with these words spoken, Zodiac went silent for the rest of the way to the meet. His eyes were steady upon the ground, closed to slits.

ARRIVING AT SILVER ROAD

15 minutes later, after a silent walk, they reach the mostly Vacant Apartment building that Nekoda lives in on Silver road. they were the first ones to arrive "We're the first ones here, Kody must still be at the Market" Jacob says to Zodiac. As they approach the Apartment block Jacob and see that it has it has very few people inside and part of the very top of the building were broken. He saw the dissaproving look of Zodiac as he examined the broken windows. "It's ok i can fix it" he says, he waves his hand and the shards of glass fly back into their frame. Jacob stepped into the building and was surprised that it was actually quite clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zodiac, to be honest, cared not for the condition of the place. He knew these people would not congregate in a place where it would collapse on him. And even if so, he could use his soundwaves to knock away debris. One thing about that idea though, he would have to raise his voice. The Songster had been known really for using his powers responsibly, and at one time, to help the humans. But one small accident, and he was pushed from their affection to the lowest of gutters in their point of view. It went to show ya the hypocrisy of man.

"This place seems quite clean inside. Just as I would suspect of Kody and the others, really to pick...."

Nekoda stood up brushing her jeans off and made her way to the apartment building. She opened the door walking inside and closing it behind her. "Jacob? Zodiac?" She called telepathically out as she walked up the rickety old stairs.

"I'm on the 3rd floor, not sure where Zodiac went" Jacob replied Telepathically to Nekoda, Remembering that Nekoda never replied to his plea for her earlier. Jacob walked from room to room using his powers to put bricks and windows back in place.

Zodiac had been taking a few moments to look back at the rooms themselves before Jacob put them together once more. A lot could be said for the state of a place. The history, the taste of people that were once within, the possessions upon the floors showed a picture of a small family.... Which made The Songster's heart sink. Why was humanity cursed to split in half?

Kody walked upstairs and leaned against the wall with her arms crossed watching Jacob. "Fixing up my building huh?" She asked in a teasing voice as he fixed things. "You know, the whole broken down quality of the place is what makes it so great." She could hear movement from the 2nd floor and guessed that one of her neighbours was back from daily runs.

Jacob turned to Nekoda, "You know me, I hate mess" he says aloud, smiling. "Ah, I dont sense any humans in this building? All Mutants?" Jacob telepathically asks Nekoda

Yata arrived at the apartment building he was slowly walking up the old stairs "which floor is everyone on i guess i am just going to have to search all of them" he mumbled to himself letting out a sigh holding his skateboard in hand.

Zodiac was a little on the edge of tears, blurring his vision as he looked around the hallways with a shaded eyesight. By the sounds of all the movement, he was judging that everyone was starting to show up. This was a good thing. Something to take his mind off of the thoughts in his head as he hummed a soft melody. But seeing as he was a bit unable to control his powers for the moment in this emotional state, his humming tone echoed a bit through the halls. A soft, melodious tune really.

She nodded in conformation. "Hey, it's not a mess. It's just classily trashy." She replied defending her home. 
To prove her point Kody turned to the window Jacob just fixed and blew a high pitched tone at it shattering it into millions of pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back