• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Curse of The Howling Moonlight

"Come now Fredrick! Keep your arm in position! It's a wooden sword, it's not that heavy!" Marius grinned and used his own fake blade to swat his arm correct get him to correct it. He had gotten to know Mary's siblings quite well ever since the incident about two months ago. He was nearly crushed with his fellow warriors, but it did give him a chance to escape and now a reason to remain hidden away at his cabin with all of them. Enjoying a simpler life of not having to worry about being sent out to his death at any moment. Even the transformations were becoming less and stressful and pain filled every time they happened. It was finally beginning to feel like their luck was turning around!

"Hmmm....this pack smells much stronger than the others we have faced." The she-wolf's fiery red hair flipped wildly in the wind as she picked up on the scents. "What do you think Apollo? Will they be more of a challenge?" She spoke so smoothly and sweetly as she picked up the collar of her cloak and stared into the face of what used to be a mighty alpha wolf. The skull was still fresh enough to hold the strong scent of blood. "Or will we have yet even more lovely cloaks than we know what to do with?"

Her heart ached woefully as he arrived, his voice so dull and careless, using her name as if it had belonged to some common serving wench. She twisted her fingers in the fabric of her tea dress and lowered herself onto the bed, her knees suddenly feeling weak as her stomach twisted in nervous knots. She craved his hands to hold her and his fingertips to run across her back or through her hair. She wanted desperately to feel his lips after so many days without them. The only thing their lips had been doing lately was spewing words of hate, hurting the man she loved most in this world.

"I'm sorry." Vivian managed to whisper softly, though she hadn't been able to look at him since he entered the den. "You hate me now, don't you?" Her voice cracked hoarsely, their screaming match earlier had left her throat dry and raw.

He lounged carelessly atop a muddied pile of cooling bodies, his legs crossed cassually as he picked his teeth free of flesh with a bone he had plucked from the body of a child.

A chuckle escaped his lips, throaty and deep and he stood. His boots trod on hands and mangled feet when he did, the crunch and snap of flesh and bone satisfying.

"Oh sweet sister, you know that we have gone unrivalled for a hundred hundred years. No one is stronger than we."

His own firey strands of hair clung to his forehead, his forehead still slick with the sweat and blood of the pack they had destroyed mere hours ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Fredric winced as Marius swatted his arm. At first he sluggishly moved it into the kind of correct position, his body was sore and he was extremely tired. He remembered when Marius first offered to teach him he had been all for it. Now he was wishing he had never even listened to his offer.

"Fredric you can do it! Stay strong and focus!" Amber cheered along with his little sisters and he blushed. Nodding his head to her he quickly correct his stance and position. His wanting to impress Amber was obvious as he faced Marius a look of new found determination on his face. 
Mary could hear Amber cheering her little brother on and smiled, those two were so cute. She remember when Fredric was younger, just a little boy, he would have thought the idea of trying to impress a girl stupid, infact he had thought girls in general were stupid. Mary chuckled to herself remembering this as she walked through the forest. Her basket looped around her arm her hand gently touching her stomach. She knew a month ago that she was pregnant. Her cycle was always early yet for those two months she noticed it hadn't came at all. At first she was excited and happy, wanting to tell Marius of this news immediately, but when she remembered their circumstances she decided for his sake to try and hid it as long as she could. Though she noticed something odd with this pregnancy. She remembered her mother's pregnancy had never seemed to go this fast. She was already two months pregnant and her stomach was certainly showing it. She could still hide it in her clothes but she was beginning to worry. Which is why she was ever so glad to have met the old herb woman. She knew she could trust this woman and respected her knowledge of herbs and was glad of her help with this pregnancy. She picked some chamomile on her way before meeting with the old woman "Hello again." She said with a kind smile as they both headed for the village. With the money she had gotten from selling herbal teas and her healing ointments she would need to buy more clothing more suited to her future needs. 
Ash shook his head, but he still could not look at her. His back was to her and he sighed. "I don't hate you..." He looked down at the ground. "I'm simply disappointed...that's all..." He said calmly walking over to a small table that had a large bottle of whiskey on it and took several gulps. Though werewolves cannot get drunk the strong taste and smell helped relax him.

Vivian clenched her small hands into tight, white knuckled fists. Tears welled up in her eyes, the saltine drops gliding down the shewolf's cheeks as he turned from her. She felt her chest tighten and her heart pound as he said it.

dissapointed

"You might not hate me but you don't love me any longer. Not like you used to." Her voice was strained with longing and the falling of her tears only quickened. "I'm sorry I dissapoint you. I'm sorry I'm not enough, alpha," She said bitterly,"when you have your pups feel free to have me killed, or banished. After all, you don't want a dissapointment for a mate." Her tongue grew heavy and her voice sour with each word. 
"Hello deary." The old seamstress crooned as she hung newly hemmed trousers on the line outside her shop, a small cottage just outside the village. Across from her line of clothing and over the path was her herb garden, stinking sweetly of fresh wolfsbane. Everyone had been buying bundle after bundle ever since the attack.

"Your here for some mo' mint I presume?" She hobbled across the path, painfully slow before bending over, each bone seeming to creek within her,"helps with the indigestion yer feeling." A pony hand plucked leaf after crisp lead from the plant.

Last edited by a moderator:
He saw the newfound determination in the boy's eyes as soon as Amber cheered him on and smirked. "Good. Now come at me again, this time with all of your might! Show us what you can do." He got into position and waited for his attack.

"But this one smells quite different. There is truly the smell of power now." She lifted her fair face up to the sky and laughed. Wrapping her arms around her body with a shiver. "The mere thought of a worth opponent sends shivers down my spine."

He tilted his chin up, sniffing the air still thick with the scent of blood. Though an inkling of another scent traveled with it, nearby. His sister didn't lie when she spoke of this pack having great power and just as she ha said it sent a shiver down his vertebrae but he did not quake.

"A worthy opponent you say?" He stepped foreward and shifted into his great beast of a wolf, a coppery, muscle hardened monster,"let's find out."

She nodded and stood up. Transforming into a sleek and radiant copper colored wolf. She was not as muscular as her brother, but her body was hard as steel. "There is another odd scent as well, it is very slight, and difficult to pick up on between the smell of the putrid humans and those wolves." She sniffed the air and grimaced. "Halfbreeds."

His lips curled up in a snarl, his canines sharp and yellowed, stained with the blood of his enemies.

"Despicable things, half breeds. All the more reasons to kill every single one of them." A dangerous look entered his eyes, a glitter of disgust clear in the green blue colour of his shining iris.

Ash set down the bottle with a loud thud. His muscles tensing with irritation at the tone of her words, yet he could smell her tears. He remembered when she would call him alpha playfully. He remembered the lustful kisses and passionate nights. He remembered holding in his arms, and the fierce protective ways he kept the others from her. Yet now... He turned and faced her a mix of sorrow, longing, and anger in his features. "Damn it Vivian, I'm not going to have you killed, or banished. I love you, I will always love you, but..." His voice broke for a moment seeing her tear filled eyes. "I only want what is best for you and the pups, having the pups here is dangerous. I know, I grew up in this pack." He said trying to convince her of what he thought was best.

"I understand, I understand Ash I do." She pressed her palms to her reddened cheeks before using her sleeve to swipe away the tears that burned her tender skin.

"You forget I'm just a girl, Ash. I am so afraid of what will happen in these next months, I am afraid for my pups and to leave this pack. I am new to this life. I am new to motherhood. I know that you want to be more than what you are and I want you to have what you want but I am so afraid."

The shewolf trembled and clutched her stomach desperately.

"Alrighty." Fredric said charging at Marius, at first he had form with his attack but as soon as his wooden sword hit Marius's he started windmilling it and it appeared to be aiming more for Marius's sword than for Marius himself. This made Amber giggle as she sat there braiding lilies and little pink roses into Lottie's long hair. Hearing Amber giggle it embarrassed Fredric a bit and he managed to regain his stance and hand position.

Marius couldn't help but laugh. "I admire the enthusiasm, but perhaps you should try aiming for me and not my sword." He twirled in his hand before tossing it off to the side. "Here, I will even make it easier on you. Come at me with all you've got."

Mary's noise twitched at the scent of the Wolfsbane. Which was odd because it never has bothered her before but now it irritatingly tickled her nostrils, but she didn't let it show. "Yes, your mint grows so much better than mine." Mary said with a appreciative smile. But Maddie stood behind not getting a pleasant feeling from this woman, but she didn't say anything about it. "What plant is that?" Maddie asked pointing to a plant in the back of her garden that no one seemed interested in going next to.

"Agreed, but for now we should focus on finding this other pack. The half breeds can wait for another day." She looked back in the direction of the strongest wolf scent. "Let us go and scope out the situation before anything else."

At first he didn't say anything he just looked down at her and his anger slowly fading. He took hold of her hands a leaned down wrapping his large arms around her trembling body. "Forgive me...." He said softly. 
Frederic frowned seeing the sword on the ground and felt almost like Marius was belittling him. This irritated him and with a angered groan he charged at Marius, giving it all that he had he began violently swinging it and striking Marius with it. Though he got a little carried away and swinging the sword quickly down on Marius's shoulder it broke in have and Lottie looked up surprised. "I didn't do it!" She said declaring her innocence.

"Ah, a belladonna flower dear girl, beautiful yes, but deadly if you were to consume such a bloom." The old hag cackled eerily as she finished bundling the mint together for young Mary and her curious companion,"what brings ye to the village today?"

"Exactly my thoughts sweet sister." Apollo's snarls slowing faded into a malicious and wolf like grin as their paws thudded softly on the hard packed earth, the ground cool and littered with leaves as winter was fast approaching.

"You are forgiven." She managed to choked out hoarsely, her slender fingers gripping the back of his loose cotton shirt fiercely. His arms felt as strong and safe as they had weeks ago, though his hands were coarser if it were possible. Vivian buried her face into the sloping crook of his neck and inhaled his scent deeply, it had also remained same but now carried the heady scent of whiskey and autumn.

Marius dodged or blocked most of Frederic's attacks. The ones that did hit hardly even stung. Except for the last one which broke the wooden sword. He rubbed his shoulder and gave him a cold stare, before cracking into a wide grin. "Nicely done Frederic!" He ruffled his hair, glancing back at Lottie curiously as she declared her innocents. "You technique is a little rough and sloppy, but you have a lot of talent and potential."

"We came to get some things for baking and clothes." She chuckled lightly. "This dress will soon be far too small and I'll need something else." She took the bundle and handed the old woman the money to pay for it. "Have a lovely day." She said with a smile leading Maddie, who was still staring at the plant.

"And you as well." She croaked, a toothy smile adorning her wrinkled cheeks, the girl reminded her of a daughter she had never had. Vivian had never been so lovely, so delicate, so normal. She enjoyed Mary's visits and kind words and found herself wanting to know of the girl's family.

Ash sighed softly almost relieved, as he felt her back in his arms as she had been so often before. "Thank you..." He muttered kissing her hair. His hand comfortingly stroked her back feeling like a major arse for making her cry.

"I love you. Oh I do I love you." She gripped him as she whispered against his skin, each word a kiss on his slightly freckled shoulder. Her sobs quieted as he held her for minutes that felt like hours until finally she spoke again.

"Forgive me for the things I've said.... You are not entirely to blame." And it was true. She had said some terrible things, some things she thought would never had muttered, especially to her mate of all people. But anger made people blind and stupid.

Mary waved goodbye and then walked further into the village scanning curiously the apples and oranges wondering if Marius and the others would like her to make some scones for tomorrow's breakfast. Mary turned to ask Maddie but found she wasn't there. In the distance she heard.

"I married a wife on Sunday,

She began to scold on Monday,

Bad was she on Tuesday,

Middling was she on Wednesday,

Worse she was on Thursday,

Dead was she on Friday,

Glad was I on Saturday night,

To bury my wife on Sunday." Maddie sang holding a crushed blood red rose in her hand.

"Maddie don't sing of such things in public." She scolded but Maddie looked up at her wondering what she did wrong.

"Why Gaston taught us it in church remember?" Maddie asked and Mary paused. Yes she did remember but only for the first time since it had happened. She had completely forgotten about him and a plague of guilt suddenly washed over her. 
Frederick sighed relived. Even though they had been here for two months everytime he made a mistake he couldn't help but flinch like he would be immediately beaten. "Thank you." He said quietly relaxing again. "Sorry about the sword." He said apologetically

"Oh, it's alright." He smiled and slung an arm over his shoulders, ruffling his hair again like a loving big brother. "This just means that now I get to reach you how to make them yourself. And it's probably time for a break anyway. We have been practicing all morning."

Sweat had accumulated on his brow as Gaston heaved a second beam into place. Men had been recruited in the village to help rebuild the jailor's ans a part of city hall after the mad man who killed the priest had escaped and tore apart nearly half the village. Gaston's inky hair plastered to his forehead as he helped to hoist the final beam into place and called it a day. He still had work to do with his father at the Smithy, leaving now was imparitive if he were to get his own work finished before the morrow. The man of 18 slung his coat and bag over his shoulder before trudging out into the cold, brisk morning air, dwelling on mild mannered thoughts.

"Our scouts said that there were the remains of a den deep in the forest, meaning that they have moved locations." She had her nose to the ground as she tracked the scent. "So we will have to search long and hard for this pack. There is also a village nearby as well." She glanced over at Apollo. "I know how eager you can get, but like the half breeds, we shall deal with them later."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back