• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Country Town of Wickerton

Love this RP THREAD ALREADY!

I’m not sure if I missed the info on the Pemberton’s but how are they like? spectro spectro

Also if I could, I’d like the spot of the Youngest daughter on either side of the family, but I’d like to hear more about the Pembertons.

Last edited:
This is going to be very different from my usual, but I really like the idea of the 1800's England setting.. I'll have to do some reading.

For now, I'd like to ask for the Lipton Daughter slot, please! (I am also willing to play the Pemberton Mother as a secondary character if nobody wants to play her primarily)

I do have a couple questions, since I would like to think about how I'm going to structure my character.

1. What social class are the Liptons and Pembertons? Are they well off, or do they just get by?
2. Could we get a little map of Derbyshire, or a description?
3. I'm assuming there's a web of relations between all the families of Derbyshire. Do the Pembertons have any rivals?

Last edited:
This is going to be very different from my usual, but I really like the idea of the 1800's England setting.. I'll have to do some reading.

For now, I'd like to ask for the Lipton Daughter slot, please! (I am also willing to play the Pemberton Mother as a secondary character if nobody wants to play her primarily)

I do have a couple questions, since I would like to think about how I'm going to structure my character.

1. What social class are the Liptons and Pembertons? Are they well off, or do they just get by?
2. Could we get a little map of Derbyshire, or a description?
3. I'm assuming there's a web of relations between all the families of Derbyshire. Do the Pembertons have any rivals?
Love this RP THREAD ALREADY!

I’m not sure if I missed the info on the Pemberton’s but how are they like? spectro spectro

Also if I could, I’d like the spot of the Youngest daughter on either side of the family, but I’d like to hear more about the Pembertons.
Awesome, I'm so glad this has some interest! I didn't want to limit you guys by having any personality traits listed for the characters but I shall give you some more info on the families! :)

To answer your questions;

The Liptons are high class and very rich, having moved away from the city after the late Mrs. Annabelle Lipton passed away from tuberculosis. They have an estimated yearly income of £25,000, which is a lot of money for the time. The house that they have inhabited; Livingstone; has been empty for years due to it's high price. In the city; things were much busier and knowledge of fashion was greater. There was also a very, very high social class divide, and so you could incorporate this into your characters; perhaps they have a disdain for the poor? Albert Lipton isn't going to be seen much, which is why I have taken the role; he'll almost be an NPC. If you would like to take the Pemberton Mother and play her the same way, that would be fine by me Seabourne Seabourne .

As for Derbyshire; the town of Wickerton is fictional, but based on the small towns of the era. Wickerton is a fairly small town; there are few things within it. There's Livingston Manor (The Lipton's residence), Aldervale House (The Pemberton's residence) and a few other houses that are home to the families below which I will name in that section. In between the houses there are expanses of grass and forest land. There is a small chapel in the centre, but apart from that, Wickerton is quite empty. However, a lot of the action will happen in the main town of Chesterfield. It's home to shops, halls, pubs; it's much busier than Wickerton. As Wickerton is fictional, I haven't got a map, but if you would like me to make one I absolutely will do! :)

As for the Pembertons; they are slightly lower class than the Liptons, but by no means low. They have an income of £10,000, which was left from the conquests of their late father Mr. Andrew Pemberton who owned a lavish fabric shop in Chesterfield. He died in 1801 and so the family have been receiving the money from the shop; but with the Mother having no business sense, things have gone downhill and they are fearing a loss of money and change of lifestyle. The Pembertons are all about appearances, but unlike the Liptons, they don't worry too much about the lower classes, or appearing as to be lower class, as everyone in the area is at least middle class.

There are other families in Wickerton. There are no rivalries as such, although almost every family in the town is competing to be the best and most proper. Almost everyone, besides the Liptons, are of a similar class and income (middle class with an income of around £10-15,000). These NPCs are not going to be around much, but it adds a little context to the rp if I name them.

Lastly, it's also worth noting that the war of 1812 was rising at this time and so there will be soldiers in town on leave; if anyone wanted to add this to the depth of their character.
The Families

Hareholme House
The Davenports ; closest neighbours to the Pembertons.
Georgina Davenport - Mother - 61
Joseph Davenport - Father - 62
Helena Davenport - Daughter - 26

Remington House
The Rutherfords
Colonel Hamish Rutherford - Father - 45
Alexandra Rutherford - Mother - 40
Katherine Rutherford - Daughter - 19

Witherton House
Reginald Wakefield - 67

If you have any more questions please ask! It helps to add to the lore and depth of the rp! Moonie Moonie Winter_Wolf Winter_Wolf

I'll be posting the character skeleton and sign up pages later today! :)

May I please have the position for the youngest daughter (20) of the Liptons?

Also, thank you for answering my question to a T! I appreciate it!!!

Thanks so much for the thorough answers! I'm totally lost on if you meant "Of course!" as a way of saying "you're welcome" or if Sprouhtt could have the Lipton daughter spot but I'm assuming the latter correct me if I'm wrong. Oof I hate to see that spot go. Can I take the youngest Pemberton daughter, if that's the case?

Thanks so much for the thorough answers! I'm totally lost on if you meant "Of course!" as a way of saying "you're welcome" or if Sprouhtt could have the Lipton daughter spot but I'm assuming the latter correct me if I'm wrong. Oof I hate to see that spot go. Can I take the youngest Pemberton daughter, if that's the case?
You can still apply for both roles, depending whether or not you want some competition haha! I won't be officially accepting until all roles have been applied for so its up to you! :)

there’s is already an application for both of these roles but you are more than welcome to apply for them still as long you don’t mind some healthy competition! if not there are some roles that have no applications as of yet! :)

Oh my bad I thought I saw that it was open. I might apply still, or try for a different role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back