• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Technological Revenge, and It's Effect... (Saph and Neshimo)

She got the alarm, that makes things easier. Heading too take out the last tower though, I see something moving towards her, though it flickers only for a second. Though the rest of the four guards disperse, I make nothing of the flicker and just continue too take out the last tower. Still, afterwards, that flicker is still bothering me in the back of my head before its okay for me too tell her it's clear "The four guards left...but there's something weird. I got a signature but it was only there for a second. Might be a glitch but keep on your guard. I'll be back up if anything goes wrong."

She breathed in... Naive. There's a stealth-unit here... Eyes closed now she focused... yes, there was a few steps from by the door, and so she took out one of her twin swords, sneaking towards them, the snap of a turned-on sword, and her arm shot up to catch the blade, her own activating. "I've found them, alright." One foot hitting them on the heel, and yes it was a man because the energy blade fell from his hands, she quickly pivoted to hit him with her other leg, digging into his heel as she did, and he jumped back. "Don't trust your eyes with these ones, Jamil." Her other sword activated, eyes now open to watch his swords. "I thought you'd be here, stealth unit..."

"Of course, wouldn't want our experiment turning tail, now would we?" Ah, so it was Jenkins. A smirk, she tossed one of the blades at him and rushed forwards, cutting off one of his hands, not listening to the yelp of pain, He really should have been expecting that. And this, her knee hitting his head as he bowed over to grab the prosthetic limb.

"You, are a fool, Jenkins." He'd taught her that move, after all... and now there was the sound of sparks, the suit not working any longer, and the cybernetic arm falling off. She kicked him, off towards the wall. "I guess you didn't completely succeed, though..." His now unconscious form was left, untended, on the ground as she walked back out into the hall and went off in search of a terminal. She was till soft enough to let him live, after all... if only because he'd tried hard to live up to her expectations.

"I'm done with the guard towers, sound like you just had a nice time with him." I say sitting down off the side of a guard towers. The whole place is dark and I've tied up most of the guards during her fight with that stealth unit. Obviously, it was probably a bad time too ask why he put him in such a bad spot with the others, so keeping it too myself, my eyes continue too wander around the perimeter, checking too see if there was anyone we missed. Also with this time too myself, wandering around flashes of memory come too me. This was an old playground, one I know somewhat well, though not enough too make me lose focus and let this whole operation go down the drain.

"Right. Yeah, an old friend of mine..." He wouldn't get much more out of her until she got to the terminal... she was always more talkative when distracted. Ah, yes, there was one.. Hidden behind a childrens climbing system. A good place to hide it, but not enough to prevent her noticing it... the slight glow was enough to point it out. Why there was an indoor playground was beyond her, but... and now she was putting her personal terminal in, ready to start work on the system. "Tell me when there's a guard coming."

"Understood, but they might see you before I do, so keep your senses up too" Giving the anxious warning he's known for, the continued watch around her still leaves him with a question. "An old friend huh? Care too elaborate, or am I pressing you?" Not wanting too compromise, though his curiosity taking over, he finally ask her a bit about her past.

A pause mid-keystroke, and she continued with "How much did you hear?" Now she was typing again, faster than before. THis was a tough nut to crack, for an outpost system, and would take some time... Not particularly dangerous, just a long time with the encryption code they were using. Had he heard her being called an experiment, or just what she had said to Jenkins?

"Your a fool Jenkins~I guess you never completely succeed~ if I'm remembering right?" Trying my best, he sees a guard isolated and take the time too take him down before they regroup. The place is on alert now, but with no lights, and no alarm, they're all in the dark. "Before your little scrap was over I heard a muffled voice, then after you finished, you spoke those words and I heard a yell. That's the extent of what was heard."

"Ah, that." Yeah, he hadn't heard completely... but enough to raise questions. She'd wait for those questions, but... for now he was owed something. He'd not let her down, after all. "Jenkins... was one of my teachers. I won't tell you everything, but I once was an enemy... at least in name. Jenkins taught me dirty-fighting, and how to sense the Stealth Units, which is why I blindfolded myself."

"....Oh, so that was that crazy move you pulled." Well that explains the blindfolding move she pulled at the gate. "A good technique, I might need too have you teach me soon." She's an ex-soldier? Just a trainee that never made it out? Either way, she was once on the opposite team. Not wanting too inquire any further out of fear of learning something he should better off not know, more so out of respect for someone who saw the evil of their dictator, he stops there and continues too watch her back while also focusing for isolated targets.

"Yeah, that was it." Nothing more to explain for that, save... "It's a technique to focus my mind on my other senses. Several years are needed to master it, but we can start you on the training." It'd help him out later, if he ever needed to fight with her in the main part of the frey. A pause in typing, the screen covered by her arm as footsteps walk past, she listens to it until they stop, and resumes almost immediately after they were unable to hear her anymore. Only a few more levels of encryption to go, and she'd have full control... She hummed in satisfaction, it hadn't taken as long as she thought it would, and once more fell silent.

Continuing my watch "Our big brother will help us for sure"? A voice that wasn't his, and another "Push me harder on the swing sets please" Calls too him, and the park, in his mind at least, soon begins to become filled with children laughter, and becomes vibrant and full as it used too be. Jamil, pushing children on the swing sets, helping with sand castles, make pretend all while watching his love in the back ground... "I'm going too have to cut for a second." His minds still there enough too take off his ear piece, then begin a look at the playground still vibrant in his mind. She's about done, and too his knowledge, they'd never waste resources by putting more than on stealth suit all the way out here. Leaving the ear piece by shoulder just in case she might call him he whispers "'Marie..." Over. Sometimes in his head, and other times outside where he knows it wont reach anywhere.

Marie? Who- not my problem. She stood, having finished the system, and all of the guard's foe/friend settings shifted to be the opposite, slowly as to confuse them, and she was surprised when they began stunning one another. "I think we've got this location, Jamil." No, she would not ask him what was going on in his mind, and she began to slink up the wall again, watching the carnage with tired interest. It was always the same, once you had the system. THere had to be a traitor, and you had to be the one to find it... almost too easy.

Stumbling a bit, he finally gets his ear piece back on too respond. "Well, pop a flare, the resistance will follow in. We can get going too the camp site down the path too rest." Throwing the rest of the tied up guards down into the fray, then jumps down onto a military road past the base too wait for his colleague. "Waiting for you on the other side." His minds still shaken up a bit, so not looking back at the playground, he wants too leave this place already, and get on too somewhere memories will be abandoned from alertness of the enemy.

"Right, I'll meet you soon." She set up a message, warning about Jenkins. He was a slippery foe, and would undo their progress if they didn't watch him. At least he couldn't cause problems for another few hours, and up went the flare. A satisfied smile, she began to rush towards the campsite, still moving as a ghost in case some of them remain in the area... she looked like a friendly, so... A few minutes later she closed in on the now resting Jamil. "Hey, you ok?" He looked shaky, as though something had spooked him.

"...Hmmm" An distant response, he's somewhere completely beyond this world as he sets down his bag at the campsite. Into the forest, and a way from the main road, it's good when trying too report activity. He'd have too face it someday, he knew it, that he'd- no. Thinking about that now isn't what he's supposed to be doing. 'It's not her fault, at all....she didn't mean too' Playing with the fire too keep it aflame, looking in it he seems even more like he's trying too drift away further than he already was.

Saphire, now just the tiniest bit worried for him, takes the stick from his hand and moves it away. "You did good out there, Jamil. Excellent coverfire." Her fingers itched, she wanted to do something... he was acting like he was broken, but he wasn't. She could see in his eyes that whatever ghost was affecting him was almost enough to have, though... and so she tapped a rock with the stick. How could she bring back this... man? How was I brought back? Softly she hummed, trying to remember how she had returned to the living, swearing to end him once and for all... should she talk about nothing?

"Yeah..." Another detached response. Memories flood his mind even more so as the stick was taken from him. The fire even seems too become more interesting in his eyes, as they become more focused not on the conversation, but the way it dances. A slight tilt of the head leaves him too feel stranded, with literally no where else too go too..."But forward". A quick shake of the head, with those words they snap him back into a somewhat real expression as he was. His hand, gently curling though his hair and a quick smile. "Forward...yeah...sorry, what was that?" Jamil seems too have done a reset of that epidemic, and gone back too his more calming though still anxious persona he wore when they first met.

She paused, him looking normal and not needing her help, and then humphed. "You, sir, should not act so...so..." Her hands went up in defeat, the stick falling to the ground. "Nevermind. I was just saying you did well, Jamil. Very well." And it was true, he'd helped her with the trouble spots, kept an eye on her, and kept his thoughts mostly to himself. Yes, he was curious, but she couldn't really fault him for it.

"So...." Seeing her seem so frustrated, he can't help but too give an restrained chuckle under his breath at whatever has gotten her filled with some emotion. Seeing her like that is a bit lighter too the cold girl she usually is. "Ah, well thank you. You made my job pretty easy by how stealthy you were." Honestly he'd only had too warn her, a few times, and take out one guard. If given enough time, she'd have probably taken that whole post down by herself. "Well, as a reward for both of us." He passes her some rations and water as a constellation prize awaiting the real prize when they finally get too him.

"Thank you." She said, once more acting like normal, though her cheeks were a bit red now that she realized she'd actually done something emotional. Men. Always worrying, never... well, not worth worrying about. He's my partner. Gotta keep him focused. Now she was eating out of the food, blush rapidly fading so that it seemed like a trick of the light within five minutes.

With another smile, he takes a swig and looks at his PDA for the next mission. Interrupting a convoy headed too drop off at the base we just captured, probably why we we're told to set up here. Though he decides too them rest for a while before telling her about their next mission. She, Saphire, especially deserves it after her work so far. With that, he begins setting up just one sleeping bag for her, while he takes one last bite of his rations and a swig of water before heading off into the forest. "I'll be back in a bit, you can rest if need be. You really did a good job today."

Saphire watched him go, not moving towards the sleeping bag. "Of course." Not much arrogance, she had done raids like this one before, so she would at least know what to do. Once he was out of sight she sighed, looking into the flames. They reminded her of that night, when her world had finally shattered, but she would be darned if she let the memories have her. And so, instead of remembering, she hummed... a sad, tired tune reminiscent of the world around her, but with a tiny bit of hope, if one listened close enough. The words had been forgotten, but she could never forget this song completely... Mangetsu... Shinge- A pause, what was that second name? Where had it come from? And she shook her head, continuing with the song, nearly forgetting that there had even been a first one. If she didn't remember, it wasn't important.

A incense here, a clouded picture there near a tree, set up as a temporary memorial for loved ones. He could stay there, knees bent, hands together for probably the longest time, at least until the light dims from his closed eyelids. What could he be praying about, what would he be praying about. Such a silence during this, with only crickets, and other identified noises register in his mind. "Goodbye.....Goodbye...." Saying good by after every name in his mind, sometimes twice over just so he doesn't forget anyone until the incense runs out.

The first song ended, and the second one began, her humming never seemed to stop, eye no longer looking at the fire but up at the sky. Stars, the moon, so many lights above her. It was almost soothing... if she had had her sister beside her it would have been the best, but she didn't. It was his fault, the monster, but also her own. Saphire hadn't been strong enough, powerful enough, strong enough... just not enough to protect them. And that was all there was to it. So, she sang... the tiny warble of a voice not used to being used for beauty, words half-remembered coming back, the meaning almost lost to her, "Anna ni issho datta no ni... yuugure wa mou chigau iro..."

((I hope you don't mind, but... it seemed to fit.))

The last flicker, his eyes open slowly, blinking just too make sure that he isn't dreaming. 'They're gone...' With those as his final words, he packs up the materials and begins heading back, hearing the faintest humming as he's coming back. So he stops right there, a problematic situation if he gets too close and with her senses, she'd hear him right away. "I'll stay." Not wanting too give anymore trouble too her tonight , just the sound is enough too begin too make him a bit drowsy.

(It's fine, we should probably skip for a bit soon though, you know so we don't just make random post about how we sleep. hehe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back