• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Technological Revenge, and It's Effect... (Saph and Neshimo)

SaphireTsuki

Aspiring Author
Two people, a man and woman, leave on a journey for revenge... and along the way find something they never expected.

As much as he wished he didn't have too, carrying his Re-curve 7000 bow, poison, explosive, grapple, homing, and flash bang arrowheads. His wrist guards on either hand attached too power gloves able too hold 3x his body weight, and balance shoes having him able to withstand falls from heights of ten meters, after setting up with, partner in crime, Jamil waits on the side of a fallen building in the slums, blonde scruffy hair in bangs on his sides of his face and a pony tail. Goggles so that the sweat can stay out of his eyes while, are around his neck for now. His blue eyes now looking only filled with the malice of his entire city. Might as well have been looking down but his his focus was on the direction of the main capital, where that man lies.

The resistance was all but still working. Most of the main leaders were scattered, and only small mafia's and rebels fighting against the massively conducted Federation that took this place. Those cities who surrenders peacefully were spared from the destruction, and but under watch and guard by the military police set up by our dictator. Though, a plan we thought up of, too sneak and smuggle behind the lines of the enemy, while also taking out small outpost for one all out attack is up too us. Revenge for his ex girlfriend, his father and sister, he knows he can kill. "You... will... fall..."​

She walked up to her partner, lazer twin swords in their holsters, long blue-black hair waving in the wind. It was not much, but she could fight well with blade, and was relatively skilled in archery... but not as much as he. At least she was able to act as a healer and hack into most computers, but all of those skills hadn't been enough for her to save them. No, he would rue the day, oh yes he would.... for he let her live.

But first they had to face the man, and her scarf would not allow her sister to be forgotten. It was soon time, she knew, to leave. And so she was ready to act on their plan. She could kill, but not for her own sake... she would end his life that none may suffer as she did... that the end would come to his cruel reign. It was the vow they had made, before she had died, and before the once vibrant hair and eyes had dimmed to this near-black color. Now her eyes were the color of a frozen lake, her hair of night, and her heart of the ocean in storm. She fingered the pack on her back, her long black cloak hiding it from view, the sleeve of her white-and-blue miko-kimono flapping a bit in the wind.

They would succeed, they must. She couldn't stand the world as it was. Mangetsu... I promise you. We will stop him.... but first it must begin. First I must get my partner to move. Yes, their actions would free the world, and it would be more effective... because they would go for the head of the beast.

Arriving with the same drive, as she walks up too him, his left eye opens too meet hers, then close again. Getting up from the rugged concrete wall, a quick stretch of his arms too the sky harbors more thoughts than one might think. 'This is the one I will be traveling with for the rest of this mission, this is the one who shall help me end him, and she's also the one I shall be backing up for the most part.' Mid too long range, target marking, and taking out other eyes in the sky. She seems very well capable, most likely more than me, but I cant let those thoughts cloud my judgement now. Reaching into my back pocket, I pull out her ear piece and a wristband, and set out my hand, offering it towards her more than too her.

"For you, be careful..." As weird as it is, I'm a bit awkward around this girl, seeing this is the first time we've met personally. Short and quick sentences seems too be the best way too get through this long time we'll be here. "When your going into enemy territory, set your wristband on, i I'll be able too see heat sigs' 15 yards around you, most of the time."

((I decided that rather than making a new character I'd go with one of my older ones.))

She nods to him, taking the earpiece and wristband from him, putting both on her. "I'll trust you to keep me safe, then." It was the best she could come up with, the blonde was not what she had expected. Sure, she'd read a small dossie on his skills, but nothing on the man himself. She wouldn't be nervous, if only because it was hard to get her to show any emotion anymore, but she would introduce herself. "Saphire. You are?"

Names weren't on her list of important things to know, so she usually didn't read the personal information. Eventually it came to a point where she was only given the prudent information, which she was fine with. However, his short sentences seemed to indicate he wasn't comfortable with her, and introductions were good icebreakers in such situations. What was important at this stage was establishing trust... if he didn't trust her to do her job she couldn't do it, and vice-versa. She knew his skills, and thus knew he was worth having on her side, but he didn't know anything about her.

"Saphire...understood, nice to be working with you." After his hand free from her taking war gifts, it reaches down too his bag and he goes over the route in his PDA one last time. He was still nervous, and anxious of her, but not as much after the introduction, but he'd still rather leave the bonding phase for the many time's they'd have too make camp, and during their missions of trusting each others skill. "Well then, shall we be on our way?" He didn't want too rush, but not take valuable time either. They both have limits, so hopefully I'll see hers the more we go on, and hopefully I'm not the burden.

His bag had mostly rations and water in them, if either of us wanted something else, we'd have too hunt for it, or steal from the supply barracks of our targets. Supplies were already low so it was already lucky we got a full bag, let alone one for each of us. He trust them back home that they'll do their job, and if they put her with him, then he should trust her too. That'd be his rational for now, and hopefully it wouldn't fail him.

Saphire nodded, taking the cue to turn to their rout. He hadn't answered her question, but... well, she'd learn his name later. They had plenty of time, even if he wasn't exactly comfortable with her. "Well then, do you know our first mission?" Each a step forward, their missions were designed to weaken the enemy's strength at the capital, over time letting them reach him. She didn't want to waste time, each second was another life in the never-ending conquest he was so hellbent on running.

"...Jamil." Sighing as seeing he was so hurried to get going, he hadn't answered her question. "Sorry, I'm a bit out of it as of late, don't worry though. My abilities wont be affected." A grin appears on his face as he shows her the PDA. "Here, we have too take out a small outpost near here. It'll be a new headquarters for the resistance, plus the supplies will ease everyones soul a good while." Again, taking it if she wants too, he holds it out for an extended time.

"They've already listed some key spots too take down first too cause confusion, then a couple of targets we can take out if we want too. The main goal is too take that outpost though, as that's where the line too the capital starts" Explaining more too the situation about her, he can tell it's going too be strictly business between them for a while, which is good for the mind at least.

"Jamil. I'll remember that." And keep in mind that he was... relatively scatterbrained for the moment. She took the PDA, looked at it, and handed it back to him. She'd the same list on her own, but didn't want to take it out just yet. Hers was a bit more detailed on the rout, but not on the missions, like his was. So she'd be consulting his more often. Probably a ploy to get them to work together better.

Nodding at his explanation she added "Then we'll want to take out as many as possible, without going out of our way." The more confusion they caused the better, he wasn't so easily confused, after all. But if they could draw off his men.... that might give them some much needed breaches in his defence. A necessity, and one she'd been trained to look for well. "Shall we go, then, or is there anything else you'd like to bring up?"

"Not for the moment, I guess we're all set then. I'll pick a sky route too watch over you from and take out any preying eyes from the towers, once you see an opening, you can do your thing." That being the mutual plan, they continue on though it still going to be a journey aways, he decides to make a bit more conversation. After all, they really didn't know why they were chosen too go together, so maybe that'd be a topic too bring up. Honestly there were better, and he'd be sure they thought revenge wouldn't be the best policy for an assassin to drive on. Still, he hesitates.

She seems dedicated, like anyone else would be, but more focused than anyone would be in this situation. Either way you see it, they'd still been sent too kill people, real people, not dummies in a training facility. "...Your eyes are empty..." An accidental slip out he didn't catch yet, he's staring at her as they walk on, trying to find some sort of emotion in her eyes, that he'll most likely never find.

She paused mid-step, but continued anyway. "There are some things that one never recovers from, Jamil." And it was true, she would know...having been through many of them. "Each time you lose something important to you, you die a bit inside. My family was just a bit more... easily read than others. These eyes have been dead a long time, and they likely won't return to life while I live." She'd do her best, however, to ensure it doesn't happen to someone else. And so, she only glanced back at him, those same dead eyes looking his form up and down.

"I'd guess you've been lucky, in life. Sure, you've lost... but you've never been broken." She didn't know, or really care about his past... not quite yet. Eventually the curiosity would rear it's head, only to be wrestled down, she couldn't afford being emotionally invested until after he was gone. "Beleive me when I say there's a difference. A world of difference, really. You want revenge... I want to destroy the source of my pain. There's nothing left for me to care about, but preventing more people like me being created."

"I see, broken." He'd thought about it, deciding not to press the matter further, and focus on his own. Broken, actually broken down too the point where you-actually, what is the meaning of broken. 'Losing all hope in something, wanting too destroy the source of her pain?'. He never felt that way before, it was still a person, as sick and demented as he is, still had a soul. Maybe her drive was better than his, no. Maybe it IS better than his, but not being broken, having compassion, it eats at him. Truly something too think about during this time, and probably something good too keep him on track on the mission. 'Whats my reason too kill?'

"Yes." She didn't want to elaborate, not yet. Maybe after he had proven more trustworthy, and had earned the right to know... but not until after then. For now she'd worry about taking the outpost right in front of them. "How far is the outpost, one, two days?" She knew they couldn't use the vehicles, not at the risk of being tracked, but... it shouldn't take too long to reach their first target. And the sooner they started wrecking havoc the better.

"If we hurry, we'll be there by early morning, about 5 or 6. Though if you get hungry, we can eat really quick and take a rest." Most of these decisions will be her's since she's going too be straight into the action. Most of the missions involve me being awake at a post for over 3 days while she infiltrates, while some require us too just storm in guns blazing, so I've been trained to only need about 15 minutes of sleep for a week. "Try not too over exert yourself on the first mission, we'll be fine as long as we complete each one with as simply as possible. As for now, mostly we'll be going in together, my eyes on the sky and hers focused on the path infront of her.

"Right. Then let's get a move on." So, she had to take it out... that wouldn't be too hard, as long as she wasn't struck on top. She'd clear the ground floor, hack into the system, and turn their own security against them. A relatively routine mission, but not one that's particularly safe to do on your own. Saphire had done this before, but usually at night, when people were tired and more easily beaten. "Do you want to tackle this thing during the day, though?"

((I don't think it's physically possible to live off of 15 minutes of sleep... do you have an explanation for it?))

"That's...lets hurry too try before dawn breaks." Seeing her point, a night heist will most likely work better than a day raid. And honestly I the more light not on us, the easier it is too stealth them down. He takes out his bow and begins moving at a faster pace, going off his own way too pick a perch. "We'll meet up and raid then. By the time you get there, if all the top lights are out, besides the tower guards' , then turn on your trackers and you can go." He gives her an anxious, yet understanding look at her, with his voice a bit hoarse and lower. Their first mission will set the whole story for them, and he doesn't want too let her down.

She nodded, rushing forward towards the outpost. Yes, she knew where it was, and would be able to get there before nightfall, hopefully... after all, she was the best they had. She had to be, having been trained by that particular group... and it wouldn't be easy even for her. But there was hope, just a slimmer, with her backup... Jamil, such a strange man, and there was that curiosity, which she squashed with a vengeance. Now was not the time, anyway. Now she had to take out her lazor-bow, set to low energy, and stunn some of the guards as she got closer... but not yet.

"Regulars should do it..." Using his normal steel tipped arrows, he stands up and closes his eyes. His breathing, soon becomes the tiniest whispers, and continues too until his eyes seems too be piercing the very darkness before him. He prepares, taking one last inhale, and drawing back aiming towards the furthest light post. With his final exhale, he lets go, seemingly all his worry with that last arrow, and marks it right between the light socket, only slightly cracking the glass, so it doesn't cause a noise. After which, a series of quick fires, planned already from the very first breath he took, doing the same with the next 6. A slight crack in the glass, though not enough too break it completely and fall too cause suspicion. "Probably just a fuse with the post generator. We'll replace them with new lights later tonight." He over hears. "Perfect..." Sliding down the muddy hill he perched on, he slides down and leaps with the force onto a stack of spread out shipping crates. Now replacing his steel tips with stuns as well, they'll need prisoners of war in order too hold this place down. The guard towers are my next target, but not until she sets her trackers, and he puts on his goggles looking at around her place of entry for the signal.

Saphire, now standing in front of the outpost, feels for and flicks the switch for turning on the trackers. She then blindfolds herself with a cloth, planning on relying more on her other senses than sight. It was best, because there would undoubtedly be some people in stealth-suits... And the only way to recognize them is to hear them moving around. The slightest sound, drawing of a dagger from the coak, she was creeping up on one of the nearer guards, pommel met forehead, body dropped silently to the floor, hidden behind a wall. "I'm here, cover me." Climbing the darkened wall, exploring the nooks and crannies with her hand, ready to jump up and over at the slightest hint of barbed wire, her hair now causing a slight problem... should have tied it back beforehand. I'll do it when I get on the ground.

"Gotcha." I wait on top of the crates, for her too make it too the wire, I see sigs on the otherside. "Watch it, 2 and 11 o clock once you get over." Giving her the locations I ready too take out the first tower guard after her quick take down, and most likely too be two more....Wait, is that a blind fold. What's she thinking? I want too trust her judgement, but still, a blind fold? She's either that good and me being worried isn't helping, or shes very cocky right now...

Saphire nods, almost certain that he can see her, and jumps over, taking out another slip of cloth to tie back her hair as she falls. A soft landing, her hair goes up in a low ponytail, her head cocks to one side as she listens to footsteps, quickly she moves back to the wall. Two sets, the man in front of her and the one behind will meet soon. She climbs back up the wall quietly as they move, the sound of a rock falling causing them to pause, the only clue further sounding echos. A sucked in breath, a tense minute of waiting...

"She's in." I watch her as she approaches the guards. Seeing as she's in, and most likely stuck in a bad place, nows not the time for me too falter. Taking the same steps as before, I tilt my bow on an axis so it will hit both guards in the tower. Again, the same steps as before. "Take a breath...and guide them." He shoots both stun arrows, and they hit their intended targets, pulsing a electric pulse into them too knock anyone out. "Eyes above you are down, you can take em."

"Thanks." She dropped down to the ground again, soft thud the only hint. Swiftly she rushed inwards, heading towards the opposite wall, rushing forwards quickly. Steps, echo, the flapping of her cloak sounding like wind almost. Another guard, this one from a door that opened, swiftly she hit them with the pommel of her dagger, they dropped down again, but there was another one just behind him, and she dropped to the floor just as a shot rang out. She kicked up, foot hitting the guards knee.

"Got him." A quick reply, probably not needed, though a arrow whizzes past, through the door, just past her neck, and latching onto his head and sending it's pulse too knock him out. "You got four guards coming over too check out the shot, and a guard tower. We might have too go loud, so be ready, I'll try too take out the power for the alarm, just try not too compromise us and hide the bodies." Trying too plan this out so we don't have too alert on our first mission, I start my relocation too take out the rest of the tower guards in the area, while glancing over periodically too check if she's doing well.

"Thanks." She dragged the bodies inside the door, quietly listening, tapped it, her hand lightly scanned the wall, finding a door she opened it, pulling them inside, behind some boxes, and she took off the blindfold. Now she was inside the stronghold proper it was time to hack the system, after she found a terminal and had shaken the alarm. "Let me know when the coast is clear." Stealth suits were useless inside, at least, because of the constant shifts in ambient lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back