• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom "Tears" (a multi-fandom RP)

@GalacticVoyager I could see the nanobots added as a faction of basic NPCs, where they can be controlled by anyone. As an actual character they do not work though and if they try to take control of Ultron or another player's character, I'll simply edit the post.

Ultron is a cameo character NPC that I introduced to serve in this arc, so he can't actually die until I give the all-clear on killing him off.

[QUOTE="Some_Bloke]I wasn't notified when you posted. He's accepted. @TehFanzyMetroid

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some_Bloke] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22843-galacticvoyager/ said:
@GalacticVoyager[/URL] I could see the nanobots added as a faction of basic NPCs, where they can be controlled by anyone. As an actual character they do not work though and if they try to take control of Ultron or another player's character, I'll simply edit the post.
Ultron is a cameo character NPC that I introduced to serve in this arc, so he can't actually die until I give the all-clear on killing him off.
Also tell him to simplify the Universe of Origin. None of that fancy fluff jargan.

@GalacticVoyager

GalacticVoyager said:
Universe from:
Parallel Universe

Local Super cluster

Galactic Group

Milky way

sol system

Terra System

Moon 2747 AD

Alignment: Unknown...

Name: CRB-001

Alias/nickname: Consumers...

Gender and sexuality: N/A

Species/race: Nanobot

Appearance:

nanobots.jpg

Clothes: N/A

Personality: N/A

Backstory: Far, Far, Far into the future. Humanity had reached its hands far into the cosmos. they spread across the galaxy finding new intelligent species, young or old, to ally. As humanity progressed they reached new and improved technology's, from interstellar travel to robots that walk among humans as if they too were humans alike. However 1 technology that was hard humans to create was nanotechnology, humanity could create clouds of robots that soaked up pollution and move water from coastlines to deserts. But not technology to create a robot that could make more of itself. at first humanity waited, and soon enough they grew to the point of intelligence that they could create a robot that could make more of themselves. however humanity made the robots different, instead of those movies were a self replicating robot goes out of hand, consuming everything including humanity into a thick sludge of bots. humanity made the bots to detect that they were on a living consciences and so they would quickly fall off. Humanity also gave it ability's that they thought suited them greatly, like the ability to upgrade themselves to suit a environment or place. however after created 1000 CRB`s, the lab they were in (Which was on the moon) was quickly consumed, but anything living inside was consumed with the lab. suddenly a tiny tear appeared and sucked a small group of them to another world, every single nanite of that group except 1 were destroyed...

Known enemies/rivals: N/A

Known allies/friends/family: N/A

Companion: N/A

Weapons: They ARE the weapons

Gear/gadgets: N/A

Powers/abilities:

Adaption

The nanites have the ability to "evolve" at a high rate, making themselves vulnerable to a attack or suited to a environment. if a bear lets say slashed at the nanites, the robots will quickly create better versions of themselves to withstand the attack...

Replication

the nanites can create more copies of themselves, by taking in resources from the surrounding area like a tree or a small pocket of iron they can quickly create more of themselves and thus increase the rate of production of each other.

Conscience Download

the nanites, being robotic, can upload their consciences into the internet, this allows them to upload data that has been uploaded from humanity as well as take over other, larger robots.

Hive Mind

The minds of each robot is linked into a vast intellect network, with such high computing power that even a supercomputer would look like a rock! This allows them to quickly solve problems and also share knowledge from across the world, so if a swarm from china was destroyed by a storm, a swarm in america can earn this knowledge and adapt to a storm that can appear in the future...

Formation

The nanites can stick together to form vast machines, weapons, computers ect. this allows them to combat much larger foes, generally a human. This allows them to tackle things much, MUCH bigger than themselves if threatened or form weapons to aid the ally's...

Weaknesses:

Everything they have not adapted to. EMP`s is their major weakness, as that can shut them down. Self replicating EMP anyone???
Also yes it's a parallel universe of... what? exactly

Some_Bloke] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/22843-galacticvoyager/ said:
@GalacticVoyager[/URL] I could see the nanobots added as a faction of basic NPCs, where they can be controlled by anyone. As an actual character they do not work though and if they try to take control of Ultron or another player's character, I'll simply edit the post.
@Some_Bloke the problem with the nanobots in the RP is that they only have one true weakness that most of the characters we are RPing as don't have access to.

They're OP, but that can be corrected. It was with other characters. The only characters who'd be able to actually fight against the nanobots would be Gregory, (EMP grenades) Nikola Tesla (could generate electricity to create an EMP) and The Doctor who'd be able to scan them and figure out a way to generate an EMP pulse.

I've got all the planned arcs written down, with room in case other people want to add in their own plots or sub-plots to those arcs (example the WWE arc) even as the arcs get bigger in scale, there's still going to be some legroom. There isn't the room for a big nanobot threat though.

[QUOTE="Some_Bloke]They're OP, but that can be corrected. It was with other characters. The only characters who'd be able to actually fight against the nanobots would be Gregory, (EMP grenades) Nikola Tesla (could generate electricity to create an EMP) and The Doctor who'd be able to scan them and figure out a way to generate an EMP pulse.
I've got all the planned arcs written down, with room in case other people want to add in their own plots or sub-plots to those arcs (example the WWE arc) even as the arcs get bigger in scale, there's still going to be some legroom. There isn't the room for a big nanobot threat though.

[/QUOTE]
That's the biggest issue, I personally don't know how to break it to the kid... he's a new member only joining a few days ago and apparently only 13

theManCalledSting said:
That's the biggest issue, I personally don't know how to break it to the kid... he's a new member only joining a few days ago and apparently only 13
[media]

[/media]
I don't want to be cruel, but there just isn't room for your nanobots in the RP. Perhaps you could try making a different character? @GalacticVoyager

OH CRAP THEY KNOW MY AGE. I TOTALLY FORGOT!!!

(damn i knew one day i will forget to block my age thing so people don't know my age, but yea... and im fine with the rejection, i went a bit to tad overboard with self replicating, self upgrading nanobots (like ultron except smaller and harder to destroy, and have a tyranid like hive mind) :P ...)

(also im like 21 mature wise (you know my real age, but my maturity is around that age)...)

also...

[media]

[/media]
you forget my age and name, go back to your lives as a normal whatevercityyoulivein citizen and continue roleplaying..

thank you for your co-operation...

GalacticVoyager said:
(damn i knew one day i will forget to block my age thing so people don't know my age, but yea... and im fine with the rejection, i went a bit to tad overboard with self replicating, self upgrading nanobots (like ultron except smaller and harder to destroy, and have a tyranid like hive mind) :P ...)

(also im like 21 mature wise (you know my real age, but my maturity is around that age)...)
yeah I get that, but we're only rejecting the character and not you

GalacticVoyager said:

It's not because of your age, it's the character not you. You can always make another one if you want to be part of the RP :)

@TehFanzyMetroid What did the Space Pirate that XCOM captured have on him technology wise? Weapons, armor, gadgets etc.

TehFanzyMetroid said:
Im waiting a bit in the future for that post so its not only 15 minute later
I'm confused. Remember that XCOM captured a Space Pirate? They are going to interrogate him. I was wondering what kind of technology he was on him.

ryanpk200 said:
I'm confused. Remember that XCOM captured a Space Pirate? They are going to interrogate him. I was wondering what kind of technology he was on him.
I know. I was going to reply to that post in a couple of IC hours so its not like:

15 Minutes later, XCOM has already oerfectly confined the alien, stripped him of any weapons and gear and woke up.

TehFanzyMetroid said:
I know. I was going to reply to that post in a couple of IC hours so its not like:
15 Minutes later, XCOM has already oerfectly confined the alien, stripped him of any weapons and gear and woke up.
I just wanted to know the gear.

I just realized Im posting in the sign up. I just clicked on a notification from @TehFanzyMetroid and started typing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back