• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shattered World =-= All slots reserved

OnyxReaper

Mind Over Metal, Metal Over Flesh
OnyxReaper submitted a new resource:

Shattered World (6 slots) - Shattered Reality

Plotline :::
History :::

It has been two centuries after that dreadful phenomena began. It spread across the world and killed all in its path; it destroyed and corrupted everything, pushing humanity to its final bastion of life ‘Citadel’ is an immense plot of land that remains, hovering in the sky free from harm, upon this is the only remaining city of mankind ‘Bastion’ stands tall and strong, yet the place is full of poverty and disease, overcrowded as well. Naturally...
Read more about this resource...

Plotline :::

History :::

It has been two centuries after that dreadful phenomena began. It spread across the world and killed all in its path; it destroyed and corrupted everything, pushing humanity to its final bastion of life ‘Citadel’ is an immense plot of land that remains, hovering in the sky free from harm, upon this is the only remaining city of mankind ‘Bastion’ stands tall and strong, yet the place is full of poverty and disease, overcrowded as well. Naturally the economy collapsed when the world was wiped out. Citadel is the only homestead to mankind left. We still attempt to fight back the corruption on the land, we know how, but it is much like a death sentence for all those who try. A century ago humanity found a weapon to use against the corruption. The ‘Reapers’ were human beings who had acquired a different discovery ‘Sins’ were weapons and tools that broke the laws of physics, allowing those that could wield them unimaginable power; similar to magic.

Current :::

A group of young men and women have joined the Citadel’s expeditionary force to the ground, aiming to destroy the hives below and delve further into the corruption, hoping to perhaps find the source of the corruption. Or a way to win and stop it. The story begins just before you set off in the landing craft, the commander in charge of the expedition shouts across the hall that you stand in “Okay kiddies, the landing crafts will be ready ETA 15 minutes, this is your first time on the ground, get ready to fight kiddies!” You casually sling the standard issue gear onto your back, it’s time to move.

Terms and Lore :::

Flood/Corruption – The flood is a mysterious growth of unknown origins, simply coming into contact with flora can mutate them, non-sentient creatures (Like insects and livestock) are also affected this way, the creatures mutate horribly and take on various forms, as for humans. Well, the flood will only affect the dead; after a few hours, it will enter the humans body and alter them, giving them immense strength and speed that can easily overpower any other living being.

Flood/Corruption archetypes and call outs – The flood are many in number and variation.

Runners: small Quadrupedal creatures like dogs and cats take on these forms; though their frail, they possess immense speed that easily rivals even the fastest human land vehicles.

Chargers: larger Quadrupedal creatures like bulls and horses take on these forms, there fast and heavily armored, difficult to destroy and they smash into anything, heavy contact from one of these beasts’ armored heads will send a human flying, breaking their bones and killing them and make dents in even thick steel.

Raised: the raised are the resurrected humans, they retain their knowledge from death, but lose all sentient thinking; meaning that many of them utilize modern weapons such as guns and swords to fight humanity, this is most dangerous when an artillery team dies, giving the corruption possession of such a long-range weapon is dangerous to the citadel

Avians: These creatures are the dead flying creatures that die, at current; they are the only major threat to Citadel, and they are easily wiped out by the defense teams, however they make aerial transportation impossible, the swarms tear apart flying machines in minutes if they find them.

Originals: These are creatures with no discernible origins except for the corruption itself. They possess ridiculous powers that far surpass even the strongest of reapers, only one has ever been recorded in human history, killing 500 veteran soldiers and 20 Reapers before eventually dying. The only one in recorded history had a humanoid form and black wings, it was called bu the few survivors of the attack ‘Lucifer’, Lucifer appeared shortly after the appearance of the ‘Sins’ and Reapers.

Sins – Weapons made of an unknown material, there are 7 original sins, and many replicas that are much weaker; only a few of the original sins are in Citadel, others are undiscovered; Replica sins (Used by soldiers) are; Flintlock Pistol, Swords, Heavy Rifle. The replica sins give one simple ability (Generation of fire, erection of a weak barrier, strength boosting.

CS’

Name:

Appearance: (use a pic, it can be anime if you prefer)

Replica Sin: (sword, pistol or rifle)

Sin ability: (see ‘Sins’ section for simple examples)

Personality:

Background: (involve reason to join the expeditionary force)

Other Info - Soldier Armor:

fantasy_knight_by_fonteart-d5o3t4d.jpg

The Originals (This list will expand as the story continues)

#1:

ultralisk_wallpaper_by_ponygfxgalleria-d4ghp6l.png

#2:
Tyranids2-517x250.jpg

#3:
Necromancer_Mech_redone_by_kepper.jpg

Citadel:
floating_city_kerris_by_gamefan84-d59n4ps.jpg

Landing Craft:

6938714119_269a6b64d6.jpg

Landing Site:

Corrupted_Core.jpg

(More will be added as the story progresses)

Rules :::

1) Standard RPNations rules apply, violating them will not only give you my wrath, but the admins and mods as well

2) A CS (Character Sheet) is required

3) Only I approve CS' do not start to RP unless you are approved

4) Short posts in RP are fine; no need to write large paragraphs (This is only a T1 RP, no need to act advanced

5) Corruption and Corruption Creatures are controlled by me

6) The RP will only star after 6 CS' are approved

7) Events will be caused by me

8) Obviously: No God-Modding or Powergaming

9) No Meta-gaming either

To prove you have read the Rules post 'Deus Ex Machina' at the end of your CS

Last edited by a moderator:
OnyxReaper updated Shattered World ~-~ Only 3 Slots Remaining with a new update entry:

#4 and #5 Sinners

Two more sinners have been found. Asim Murabak and Wilson Stauffer
Read the rest of this update entry... 
A large brass looking blast door bars your way, you wait outside it for a few minutes, being jostled and pushed around by the few hundred recruits that are bustling to go to the ground; the doors hiss open and a warm misty steam fills the corridor. As the steam clears you look around into a large enclosed, lobbylike area. 20 doors populate one side of the room, entrances to the many landing craft; your pushed along with the crowd as they move into the lobby, still looking practically joyous about the situation, you are yet to acquire your sin or armour. A woman's voice blares from the speakers, no emotion in her voice, monotone "Helpo there recruits. My name is Eve, I am an assistant AI, I will accompany you when you are on the ground via audio links in your armor; please feel free to relax. You gear awaits you in the craft. 20 minutes until launch"

As the herd of recruits shoved and shuffled through the large brass doors, a scrawny figure escaped and found shelter along the inner walls of the enclosed area. He caught his breath, clutching a hand to his chest. I never thought I'd get out of there, he thought. Harley Peters, better known as "Hawk" stood breathless.

It took a moment to adjust and understand the order of things. Some recruits seemed to move in an orderly fashion toward the aircrafts, others, like him, were taken back and lost on which ship was theirs. A monotone voice announced herself through the chamber speakers. Nice to meet you, Eve. Now, which ship is mine? Hawk chewed on his thumb nail trying to find order in the chaos.

Lelouch gets shoved forward by the massive crowd, by the time he escapes he's a little bruised, he soon clears as much distance as possible from the others and stands in a corner of the room, his face looks blank, almost as monotone as Eve's voice

Connor stepped through the doors, being the last recruit into the room. He saw multiple doors leading to the landing crafts, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "So... how are we supposed to know which landing craft is ours?" The young man looked up when he heard the feminine voice coming from the speakers, though his confusion was still present even after the A.I. announced herself. He crossed his arms and looked around, hoping to find some clue as to where he was supposed to be.

After a while, the doors slowly opened, however there was still another ten minutes till launch. Eves voice came from the speakers once again, feel free to enter any of the craft, you still have another ten minutes until launch however, feel free to use this time to mingle.

Lelouch instantly dashes into #17, taking a seat in a corner as he grabs a pair of pistols from a weapons locker, he already begins to put on his armor, fastening the straps and doing his best to avoid contact from others

"Eenie...meenie...miney...that one."

Seth pressed his palm against his chest, took a deep breath, and forced his legs to move forwards towards #19. He can feel his heart in his throat. He jogs up the boarding ramp into the aircraft, taking care to stay in front of the testosterone-fueled mob that was gathering behind him. He lead the soldiers towards the equipment station, grabbed his armor, and took it towards a nearby seat. He licked his hands, slicked his hair back, and began to don the armor he would soon become very familiar with.

Lelouch finally finishes putting his armour on, fastening his helmet. Already familiar with the software, he calls out "Eve, can you get me an accurate prediction of the drop site coordinates, as well as showing me the vital signs of everyone else who gets their armour on." After a quick afterthought "and prep the sin initiation code, don't use the default, use Manticore style please, it suits me best."

Seth fastened his boots to his legs, and then put on his helmet. An interface immediately came up, showing him his vitals, his remaining ammo, a brief profile of anyone he looked at, etc.

"Eve...could you get me a coffee? I'm still not used to getting up so early..."

He walked back to the equipment stand and picked up his rifle.

With Wilson having quite the Claustrophobic problem due to his childhood, he wanted to get away from this large amount of people as quickly as possible. Wilson tried to run through the large doors as they open but this only tripped him, forcing him to the ground with a great thud. Many of the other recruits were so excited they all didn't notice him on the ground, resulting in him getting trampled. His face was forced into the ground cracking his mask, exposing his fragile, cracked, and bloodied skin.

Wilson struggled to get up and after a short time he succeeded. He looked for the nearest craft to get in. #17 was the one that was closest so he limped in. Not even noticing the other recruit in there he, clumsily strapped on his gear and grabbed a Sin from the locker. Wilson then sat down, and examined his weapon which seemed to be a cane, but with a blade in the hilt.

A small icon blared to life as on Leo's HUD as Seth finished with his armor, Leo quickly looked around the craft, no one else had finished putting their armor on "Eve, who's vitals are on my monitor, I instructed you to just this craft" Eves voice replied "I think that this is better, I will not alter my decision" Leo sighs

Then another icon blared to life, this on dead most likely the recruit who had just entered and finished putting on his armour

Seth began to tamper with his weapon a bit, trying to get a feel for it. He had trained with plenty of similar weapons before, but he firmly believed every weapon had it's own quirks and flaws that you had to learn. Example, this particular rifle had a slight scar on the shoulder brace. It probably wouldn't be a problem, but it grow larger and become a problem if he did not act with that knowledge in mind. He was determined to know every detail of his Sin by the time this adventure was over.

Lelouch took a seat, the two pistols on his hand flashed a brilliant red for a moment as they were programmed,

"Well... might we well pick one." Connor looked around and chose #17, the only reason being he was 17 years old at the moment. He walked up into the ship. His first stop was at the weapons locker. He stopped for a moment and looked through the weapons. He was a decent shot, but not really good enough to use a rifle as a primary weapon. He could shoot well with pistols, but again, he wasn't an amazing marksman. That left swords, and since he was already an expert swordsman, his process of elimination worked out well. He grabbed two swords, felt the weight and played with them for a bit before grabbing a seat near the end of the ship. He put his armor on with little struggle.

Another Icon blared to life, it was odd, dozens of others had there armour on, yet only 3 vital signs were displayed on his HUD... It also showed their sins, all using the default code, 'if they survive the drop, I'll custom code them to fit' he thought to himself. "Eve, open up a comm group to the people who's vital signs your showing me" Eve complied and a message appeared on the others HUD's

Seth propped the rifle up against the bench leaned back against the headrest.

"Hey...anyone know if this thing has an mp3 player? I don't do well on long rides."

A message popped up on his HUD.

Lelouch makes a snide comment through the comm channel "Did you seriously just ask if a piece of extremely effective combat equipment had an MP3 player?... "

Wilson jolted when he heard voices in his headset. "What's all of this talk of MP3 players?" He tried asking casually but his voice was still crackly from the fall.

"He started I'm just answering, and what the hell is wrong with your voice, your vitals look a little messed up as well"

Connor looked around the ship, trying to see who was talking in the comms channel. "I'm all for checking up on people and making sure they're okay, but it might be a good idea to introduce ourselves, first."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back