• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Mild

"Im sorry sweetie, I haven't seen her, but I can make a few calls if you'd like." She said pulling out her phone. "Does she do this often? I can have them check some of the medical facilities in case she got hurt."

Mild hadn’t expected her helpfulness, nor her question.

No, this is the first time she’s done this… Mild would have said, but the woman talked at a pace too fast for Mild. As a result, he patiently waited for the kind lady to finish. Her findings both made Mild relieved and concerned at the same time. Knowing where Granny was comforted him, but the fact that she was out at this hour still concerned him. That part about the mental health wing didn’t make things better either.

“Thank you ma’am!” Mild exclaimed, ignoring his nervousness as he took the piece of paper with a grand little smile. After a slight bow, he darted off in a random direction only to remember he didn’t know the clinic’s direction. After taking out his smartphone (and taking off a mitten), he opened the navigation app and furiously tapped in the address. When the path was determined, he pivoted around to see which direction he’d go, failing to realize the plant nodule on the back of his hand was exposed. The clinic was in the opposite direction, prompting him to run past the lady and elf while waving goodbye, and with a turn around the corner, he was gone.

813AA7FE-B5B7-44EA-9298-A9B9F223F3FF.jpeg

CELESTE ❄️❄️❄️

The clunky clockwork bird was flying in circles almost as if bewildered by the fact that it was perceiving it’s environment. This was expected but none the less a chore. It would fly into other birds at first then became more curious about the world down below.
For Luna this was a significant achievement. It was more for the thrill of applied study than academics though and to some degree of coping with her low self esteem through achievement. Although she hides it well.

The bird curiously began looking for a place to roost. It certainly had the mainframe of typical bird behavior. without the fact that it was, well a bird.
Celeste sat on the ledge of the skyscraper, her legs happily dangling above the city as she smiled brightly monitoring her invention. Interestingly, she saw that the bird had seemed to circle around a boy who had an interesting aura about him. The bird followed, and once he was out of sight Celestes tail twitched before jumping towards the skyscraper across the street spreading her arms out and using the existing air currents to glide across.

As she finally came into contact with the solid structure she miscalculated her grip. Her eyes widened as she let out a gasp. As she descended she was able to slow her fall with the air around her but none the less she continued to grasp and claw at the building. She finally landed on top of what appeared to be a vegetable market cart which the owner wasn’t very happy about.
“Hey! What do you think you’re doing young lady!” He said angrily.
Celeste still a bit stunned by her miscalculation looked at him as she caught her breath panting. “Wh..whoa..” she finally managed.

“I uh.. I’m absolutely terribly sorry sir!” She said as she got up and dusted her shoulders and skirt. She looked up at him and bowed her head apologetically. She pulled out a small coin purse and placed it in his hands. “I hope this will suffice!” She said before darting off in the direction of the bird.

The city was bursting with activity. Although she marveled at the great alliance between mythics and humans she wasn’t quite convinced that peace was final. After all she was a living testament to the greed and power hungry mortals. She wouldn’t be fooled again and neither did she believe it was over. But for better or worse she deemed it healthy to prepare herself as best she could.

As she finally reached the one named Mild her clockwork invention was already roosting and making its nest on his head. She giggled at the sight and came up to him then tapped him on the shoulder as he walked. “Hey you!” She started. “It seems my bird really likes you.. hope you don’t mind..” she started walking with him and glanced up at the metal work invention and smiled before looking back at him. “Pleased to meet you! I’m Celeste.. Celeste Voldari inventor extraordinaire among other things!” She managed a small curtesy. Her tail swayed in its usual electric elegance. She noticed the plantlike growth on his hand but she didn’t deem it necessary to bring that up for now. She hadn’t noticed her dirty state until this moment and she smiled nervously. She had a thing about first impressions and this one was certainly lacking the expectations on her part.

Although Mild seemed to be but a child she assumed he may just know his way about the city. Surely it was a rare sight but hardly anything surprised her in Soul Reach anymore.

“Uhm.. where are we going?” She finally managed. Her curiosity peeking.

Last edited:
Poppy Claws

Poppy hummed in response to the man in lieu of speaking, hands still fiddling with the bottle of tea. It was a savory blend, and though she didn't have tea often, she found herself enjoying it. She turned the bottle slightly, picked at the label as she listened to the man continue, stating that he'd been at the settlement since it had been established.

"Th-that's a long time," she commented quietly, thinking of where she had been about a decade ago. About half her life, give or take, and she'd been living on her own already, surviving off of the land and hunting her own dinner. Living on the fringes of society, too scared to get close at first, when she was small. It was easier for her to stay in her cat form most of the time, easier to hide, and she travelled while transformed often, sometimes for days, before she would wander back home to rest, sometimes carrying a bag of spoils in her jaws, little trinkets she'd stolen or found, interesting foods she'd never heard of before. By the time Poppy was an adult, stealing had become second nature, having little to no concept of the importance of personal property. Of course, she only really stole what she needed-- she'd learned not to steal trinkets or other nice things the hard way, maybe five years ago, in the winter.

Poppy shivered at the memory, her finger picking the label and tearing it as she remembered flashes of gunfire and shouting voices. "Little thief!!" a voice had shouted, cursing as she dropped her prize, heart pounding, eyes wild and wide in the dark as she sprinted off on four paws through the snow.

She was pulled from her memories when she spotted motion out of the corner of her eye, and turned in time to see the man pull the metal orb back out from his pocket. She perked up, leaning forward against her knees slightly and watching as he morphed the metal, and then held up the tiny result in his hand. Her brain chimed with "shiny! trinket!" and her nose twitched a few times as a smile broke out across her features and she let out an appreciative sound.

"It's so pretty!" she said into the quiet night air as she stared at the little animal he had created from metal. A striped cat, she thought, detailed even down to some miniscule whiskers poking out of its little snout.

Last edited:
Mild

As Mild was flowing the GPS down a noisy street, he suddenly felt a weight on his head. With his free hand, he felt the top of his hat only to feel nothing. He shrugged it off and continued walking only for the weight to appear again a few moments later. Once more, he tried checking his head. Nothing, again. Upon the third time the weight reappeared, Mild ducked down before looking upwards to see a small bird flying above him. Before he could get a closer look at it, though, it swooped down, prompting him to flail his arms above his head. It was to no avail because as soon as he got tired and stopped, the bird merely fluttered down and perched atop the bright, neon-green pom-pom of his rather festive beanie. At that point, he just gave up and continued walking.

A few minutes later, he felt someone tapping on his shoulder, prompting him to turn his head to see a woman with white hair beside him.

“Hey you!” She started. “It seems my bird really likes you.. hope you don’t mind..”

For a moment, Mild gave a slightly annoyed expression but then shrugged as he walked.

“Eh, it’s nothing,” he replied as he attempted to grab the bird, only for it to flutter away before landing atop his head once again. He sighed before saying, “Folks call me Mild if you needed to know.”

“Pleased to meet you! I’m Celeste.. Celeste Voldari inventor extraordinaire among other things!”
The lady gave a small courtesy, flicking her tail in an elegant way. Though it was interesting to see a, erm… demon(?), he didn’t really care for the lady’s features since she was a complete stranger, but what did make him care was the expectant expression on her face.

“Uhm.. where are we going?” She finally managed.

If he hadn’t been wearing his goggles, you could have seen his eyebrow lift a mile up. We? Were they in some kind of group now? He barely knew this person let alone trust her.

“Sorry, not telling you where I’m going,” he asserted as he stopped while putting away his smartphone. Though, for a young and attractive, err… woman such as herself, it seemed rude to shoo her in such a manner. “Anyways,” he added ignoring his inner thoughts, “can you take this thing off my head?” He pointed to the top of his head where the bird was roosting with its head tucked beneath its wings. After he pointed, he absent-mindedly placed his mitten back on again.

Lukas Hayden Moon

"It's much safer here than most places. There haven't been any random attacks from anything since I've been here at least. The last attack on anything was stopped pretty quickly when they were building everything." Lukas explained. He smiled lightly as he noticed her continued interest in the small, metallic creature. "You can have it if you want it....." He offered. "I have a lot of them."

He thought back to his home were he had to have close to a million little metal figurines in various states of packaging. He was able to practice in private and sell most of his creations during festivals and in the blacksmiths workshop. The man let him work there and was too dumb and drunk to realize that he didn't really need the heat of the fire to mold the metal. Most of the time Lukas was alone in the forge. This was how he was able to play off the figurines as being created there. The blacksmith never even asked for a cut of the figures since he could not explain to patrons how it was done. More often than not, the man would just shrug his shoulders or shake his head and mutter about the boy making them. That's who he was to this man, 'The Boy.'

CELESTE❄❄❄

Celeste would chuckle lightly, putting her hands over her mouth. He seemed rather mature but his features were very childlike. “That’s interesting” she thought. She was somewhat beginning to drift away in wonder before he mentioned his name.
“Oh.. M-Mild” she stuttered as her thoughts were interrupted. It surely wasn’t a very common name or one she heard before so it took a bit of effort.

It was a bit difficult to gauge Milds expressions as they were hidden behind goggles so she had to go by the tone of his voice which wasn’t one of amusement. He seemed rather. Annoyed actually. Which made him rather interesting.

Before Celeste could speak any further Mild stood fast on the privacy of his destination which made her tilt her head and blink repeatedly as if unable to process what she’d just heard. It was rare that anyone denied her curiosity. Although it wasn’t crippling she couldn’t help but be a bit stung by his statement. Which she tried her hardest to hide. Her tail wasn’t as good, as it wrapped around her leg.

“Uhm.. sure thing..” she managed through a cracking voice as she took Birdie (whom she just decided to name as such) and held it close to her chest as its self-generating magic hummed. Birdie let out a few chirps wanting to return to Milds head but she held it firmly.

The half demon was about to excuse herself and return to her laboratory but a sudden rush of curiosity as to his destination was simply too much for her intrigued brain. She would just go back home and wonder about it for hours. “H-hey.. how come so much mystery anyway?” She started with an accusing finger. “Besides.. you’re a little kid! You shouldn’t be out by yourself!” She gave him as much of a serious look as she could muster and hoped it looked genuine.
Of course it looked genuine. She was filthy and was holding onto a clockwork chirping bird!

Last edited:
Poppy Claws

"What, really??" she asked, surprised even though it hadn't seemed very hard for him to make. In fact, she mused briefly, if he had more metal, he could probably just make it again. She just wasn't very used to people giving her things like this, especially pretty things she could display somewhere. Poppy had something of a collection hidden somewhere in the wilds, in a place she had half-buried in earth and twigs, locked tight in the middle of nowhere. She knew the way back, but it wasn't much of a home, and not a place she returned to often, either. It was more like a storage shed, a secret place she went to sometimes, when she was overly tired or sad.

She studied his expression and then took the small metal sculpture gingerly, expression splitting with pleased glee, and "Thank you," she said after she had it in her own two hands, turning it this way and that and inspecting the details. She ducked her head slightly as if to hide her expression-- and when she had schooled it into something with a little less emotion, she glanced up again, hesitantly.

"Um, m-my name is. Poppy," she said quietly, like a secret. It might be nice, if they ever met again, to have a name to go with a friendly face. Poppy didn't know how long she was going to stay here, but she wouldn't mind having a friend somewhere in this sea of strangers.

Lukas Hayden Moon

"Of course."
He said. "I find a lot of scraps that end up as figurines." He continued.

"It's nice to meet you Poppy, I'm Lukas." He responded, voice tinged with caution. He wasn't used to having friends so introducing himself felt weird in his mouth. He occasionally saw some of the other kids that he would feel a hint of recognition, but it was not the same. He didn't know too many of the other kids when he was at the facility. When one is escaping it is hard to try to make a connection with other people.

"I work with the blacksmith, so I'm usually there during the day. Do you have a plan?"
He mused softly. He felt sympathy for her being new in the city. It could be hard, especially with all the unknown elements. "I might be able to show you around if you'd like when it's not dark." He offered.

Mild

When the lady removed the bird from his head, Mild gave a sigh of relief before saying, “Thank you, ma’am. I’m gonna get going now.” With that, he turned around and started walking, but with the feeling he was missing something. He was about to figure out what he'd forgotten when his thought process got interrupted.

“H-hey.. how come so much mystery anyway?” She started with an accusing finger. “Besides.. you’re a little kid! You shouldn’t be out by yourself!” She gave him as much of a serious look as she could muster and hoped it looked genuine.

Mild lazily turned his head around to the lady who was pointing at him. Though, when he got a good glimpse at her, he couldn’t help but smirk at the unkempt lady’s attempt at being a responsible adult. He really didn’t feel like entertaining her, but from the look on her face, telling her why he's out was probably the easiest way to get rid of her. Though, before he did that, he’d have to correct her on one thing.

“For one, I always stick to the big, busy streets, and two, I can take care of myself pretty well,” he retorted. “Also,” he added, “if you’re wondering what I’m doing, I’m picking up Granny from the clinic. She’s had a small accident earlier, but since she’s okay, we're gonna walk home together. Anyways, gotta get going before it gets too late. Cya.” With his goodbye, he gave a quick wave, made an acute 180, and blended in with the crowd. As he was walking, he remembered what he’d missed. After a little bit of fumbling with his mittens and smartphone, he got the GPS back on, the navigation indicating only five more minutes of walking. Happy to see that the walk would be short, he marched onward to Granny.

Poppy Claws

"Lukas," she repeated with another small smile. She heard the caution in his tone and thought she could understand it, somewhat, and wondered if they were of the same mind when it came to giving their names to strangers. Even if those strangers were nice and offered pleasant conversation. She looked again at the small metal cat while he spoke, and then reached down to slip it into a pouch on her backpack. He wasn't the type of person she would expect worked at a blacksmith-- but then, wizards who could bend metal to their whim probably found it an easy profession. Enjoyable, even, for other reasons than traditional blacksmiths might. Poppy only wondered if anyone else knew, and how they felt about it. A lot of people were sticklers for preserving tradition, in her experience.

"Oh, yeah, I have a plan!" she said, glancing back up after she'd zipped up the pocket on her bag. Poppy was no stranger to sleeping outside as a cat, after all, and found it nothing less than normal. She considered his offer anyway, humming thoughtfully. "B-but a tour might be. Nice. I don't really know my way around, and I, um. Spent all day, uh, wandering."

And she still couldn't really remember where anything was. If the park weren't so big, she might never have found it again, after leaving. But, if she slept here from now on, at least she'd be able to track her scent back.

"I'd like that," she said with a nod, looking up towards him. She'd been awake since dawn and hadn't taken her usual naps throughout the day, so she was getting a little tired. She tried not to let it show, because she also intended on staying up for a few more hours at least, perhaps talking to him a bit longer, or just wandering around the park.

Isabella Argent

Silvery pearlescent beams of light were spilling in through the gaps in the lace curtains and the girl’s tangle of bed ravaged curls looked champagne in the morning glow. She had been up for hours and could have easily taken care of her hair, but she was still half asleep. She had pulled on a loose, white dress with multiple layers of thin cotton and a barely there green floral layer that ruffled slightly. It hung just off her shoulders and clung to her body where it mattered. She took the stairs two at a time, her bare feet making a soft padding as she made her way into the shop. A fragrant scent filled her nostrils as she hunted for the equipment, the flora came before food in the mornings. She lived in a flat above her floral shop, which had enough plants in it to look like a small chunk of forest and often needed a decent amount of care.

As she wandered the isles misting the plants with her hose, her thoughts wandered to the night before. Last night she spent a lot of time waiting in line for her food, but once she got it she was the happiest wolf that she could be. The Mermaid Taco truck was just as good as advertised. Her thoughts went even further to the little boy who had been searching for his grandmother and the elf she had met last night. She hoped that he had found her. She was in good hands at the medical clinic, but still.

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she finished misting and raked her fingers though her hair, as gentle as possible. Braiding it loosely as she made her way over to the employee kitchenette, she grabbed a bagel and popped it in her toaster to start her day. While it cooked, she made her way to the doors, flipped the closed sign over to open, and unlocked the door.

Soprano Avery

After finishing his meal, he returned to his home to try to get ready for the next day. Living as long as he had meant that he was not hurting for money. He owned the whole building and had the top three floors to himself in the penthouse. Fortunately, it was usually quiet in the building despite the amount of people who wanted to live here. Soprano did not like charging people too much and often allowed people to live there without pay as long as they occasionally provided him something that he could add to his horde. As he entered the first floor of his home, he pulled the sachel of coins he had received from the Grimm Reaper earlier in the evening and his keys and dumped them into a bowl on the table along the wall. He locked the door and made his way to the comfort of the safety of his bed.

The studio was warm compared to the cool morning air and the dragon inhaled the smells of the burning coals. He was usually the only one who came in quite so early as it was his glassblowing studio. He sometimes had one or two artists who rented the rights to use his studio, so he kept the ovens running for whenever they rolled in. He didn’t really need it himself as a dragon who could control the heat of glass beads with his own flame and breathe, but he was considerate if he was anything.

He allowed a small smile to grace his lips as he glanced at the many glittering containers of glass. He had bins of every color of the sun as well as fragments of broken glass ready to be reused. His fingers extended delicately as he brushed the tips against various pieces of glass, carefully selecting pieces as he went and when he had enough, he went to a chair up front to be comfortable.

Settling in, he held up his pale hand and began to blow a sapphire hued flame over green, blue, purple, and white chips of glass that slowly heated and melted into his hand.

Lukas Hayden Moon

After meeting the girl last night, he had spoken to her for a length before offering to let her rest. He was sure that after just arriving, she would be exhausted. She didn’t seem like someone who would have accepted an offer to stay in his home for the night but told her she was welcome should she need it.

In the morning, he got showered and changed into fresh dark jeans, a loose off-white shirt with a jacket layered on top before slinging his bag across his shoulders so he could go to work. When he entered the forge was cold and his ‘boss’ was still drunk and unconscious in the back room. He heaved a sigh as he turned and went to start the forge as he needed to at least pretend he did his work the traditional way. He usually created with a mix of the two forms when he was here since it was a good skill to know. His power only sped up the process and allowed him to create smoother, stronger metal.

Poppy Claws

Poppy stretched in the beam of sunlight that was reaching down through the trees, curling and rolling onto her back with a purr. Her things were hidden up in a tree, and she didn't know how she would ever meet up with that boy again for the tour he'd offered. She supposed if he came back to the park, then he'd show her around. Maybe she could just find him, though-- he'd already told her he worked as a blacksmith, somewhere in this elaborate city.

She stretched again, content, and rolled over onto her paws before tensing and leaping up into the nearby tree where her things were stashed. She didn't make a habit out of changing in trees, but after returning to her human form, her balance was still impeccable, and she managed to pull on some black leggings and a nice pink shirt before shrugging into the same hoodie she'd been wearing yesterday. When she hopped down, her bag was in her hand, and she shouldered it as she landed, the smile that was left over from being in her feral cat form fading to be replaced with her usual expression-- neutral and emotionless, a wall between her and passersby.

Poppy wasn't sure where a blacksmith might be, but she started out with a sure foot, eyes wide as she left the park and surveyed the area-- and they led her to a little florist shop, maybe a ten or so minute's walk away, which peaked her interest immediately, like a little floral oasis in this sea of concrete.

The bell jingled when she walked in eagerly, and once again she couldn't help but smile when she took in the sight and smell of all of these flowers.

Adrian Volkov
>>> <<<
(CW: allusions to suicide ideation)
It was a beautiful day, but Adrian, standing on the rooftop of his apartment complex, had his eyes closed as he listened to the sounds of the city on the early morning air.

From an outside perspective, he might look like someone who was deep in thought, but in reality he was thinking about the fact that if he didn't hate smoking, Adrian always thought he might be the type of person with a cigarette hanging from his fingers. He imagined it dangling there now, imagined taking a drag and letting the smoke drift off and upward into the beautiful blue sky-- but when he opened his eyes, his hands were empty and cold. Pale in the light of morning, his long, thin fingers looked more like claws to him. Reaching out towards the abyss below, the moving vehicles, the people passing by...

Smoke was acrid, anyway. It burned his nostrils and made him nauseous.

Adrian pushed away from the edge of the roof, off of the stone wall around the ledge and then up and onto it in one fluid motion. He sat crouched for a moment, and then hopped down to the fire escape instead of bothering with the ladder. He hadn't slept much last night, tossing and turning until he had finally given up and just gone to the roof. He liked it for its quiet, and for its solitude. But now the day had started, and he needed to eat and at least take a shower before he started his shift at work.

He had left his window open earlier that night, and he climbed in now only to spook a few pigeons that had wandered in from the chilled night air. They gave a start, all flapping wings and feathers, and tore off to sit atop his fridge, and he chuckled.

"You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here," he joked in a smooth, low voice, moving with languid steps to the kitchen, where he spooked them again. He watched them flutter and fly out the window this time, and for a moment, he felt a pang of longing somewhere deep in his chest, that great yawning emptiness of the sky speaking to him as if it could take him away. And if only he had leapt that night instead of turning back and joining his pack. Standing on a high precipice overlooking the bloody death below; if he had only closed his eyes back then and just took a few steps forward...

Adrian pulled open the fridge and pulled out some eggs and a slab of ham, his previously quiet stomach suddenly rumbling, and he chuckled again, a vague smile pulling at his features.

>>><<<

It wasn't a long walk to the restaurant, The Right Delight, where he worked as a bartender-- and a pianist, for a few hours in the evening. He'd actually started out on the piano, playing for free before they hired him on, and his personality had made them hire him behind the bar. Servers didn't need half as much charm to sell drinks, after all. But if Adrian was anything, he was a man who needed an audience. Despite his flighty nature, he actually liked people quite a lot, and he liked entertaining them for smiles even more.

Nobody had time to greet him when he pushed open the doors a few minutes before nine am. It was a bustling place on the fancier side, and he climbed up onto the piano's platform with a lazy sort of smile and a sigh.

"Hello there," he murmured to the ivories. The bar didn't open until eleven, and there weren't enough customers in the dining area this early for him to have a shift that needed to be worked. But he liked to play anyway, and nobody was complaining. He let the music surround him as he slowly began the melody, and closed his eyes while his hands did all the work.

Last edited:
CELESTE ❄️❄️❄️

A gust of wind entered the large gap on the wall of the half demons apartment. The quickly assembled curtain was obviously very poorly made as it came crashing down. Celeste still in dee slumber jumped up immediately after hearing the metal clang onto the wooden board as parts fell into the busy city down below.

She sighed as she laid her head back on her pillow and held her knees while covering herself. The cool morning breeze kissing her face just before the first rays of a new day greeted her sleepy eyes. Just before drifting off back to sleep she heard a loud knock on the door.

It was her landlord. She had been out and about the entire previous day finicking with her newly made clockwork bird. Which was now perfectly tuned and oiled.

“Celeste! You better have a good explanation for the gapping door on the wall!” He said angrily, almost losing his breath from the rage he must have been feeling. “If you’re in there know that you’re being evicted and have three days to leave!” His voice started cracking and coughed some before storming back to his chambers. “If you’re not out by then the authorities will know about it!” He said finally as he slammed his door.

Celeste just laid there with wide eyes looking up at the ceiling. “Great.. now I’m getting kicked out of here?” She sighed “As if rent here was so cheap, I’m sure he has money build this entire complex!”

she got up and turned the dials in the shower before stripping herself of clothes and cleaning her body which was still quite the mess.
She liked it though. Part of her was such a tomboy although she hid it behind her girly demeanor.

she got dressed quickly while also frantically searching for one of so many books. After having created Birdie she wanted to try her abilities on something with more spice. She wanted to make something that could defend itself somehow. She finally found it laying under a large stack of magazines on human behavior.
Celeste quickly turned the pages. “Hmm let’s see here, Perhaps a pulse cannon?” She suggested to no one in particular. “Or..” she scratched her head with a finger. “Some kind of sword?” Her tail would gently sway from side to side almost as if following her about the room.

she quickly blinked and remembered she was being evicted and bowed her head in defeat. “Ugh.. “ she looked around the room at the giant mess she had made over the last few days. “So how am I going to pack all of this up?” She said with a sigh and stood there for a bit before finally smiling. She packed her personal notes and a small book in her backpack and defiantly made her way out. She dropped the keys in front of the door.

Before any other word she quickly started out the apartment complex and down to the street.
It was a lovely morning, one that Celeste wasn’t able to fully appreciate thanks to the added stress of now being evicted. But she didn’t mind it was a new start and one that she wanted to celebrate in her own way.

On her way to the inner part of the city she tilted her head at a small flower shop and decided to make a stop. After all, she didn’t really have much going on. She didn’t have to work to keep her place anymore and she hated her delivery job.

As she approached the colorful shop she smelled some of the flora that were already outside for admiration. She sniffled some before noticing her reflection on the recently cleaned windows. She blinked and quickly fixed her hair and tilted her head to make sure her due flowed just right.
Just then she noticed a peculiar lady walk into the shop. *did she have paws?* she wondered as the door jangled. Although curious, she didn’t want to have another interaction. The previous one had been rather odd. She remembered that boyish man whom left the conversation just the previous day without any further details. She hoped he was alright, but for now she played it a little safe.

Before long Celeste took a beautiful white arrangement and brought it inside. “Scuse me?” She called, not knowing who the owner was. “How much for these?” She met eyes with the florist and childishly pointed at the arrangement.

Isabella Argent

She was bent over a ivy plant that was reaching out and touching his neighbors a little too much when she heard the first tinkle of the door opening. "Good morning," She called out and glanced up at the crimson haired woman who seemed to have been drawn in. A familiar scent hit her nose and the internal hackles of her wolf raised a little. Cat. The inner voice was startled by this occurrence. Isabella hadn't known too many werecats and a smile spread on her lips. "Feel free to look around, there's pretty much everything here." She continued as the door bells jingled a second time and a fair complexioned girl entered as well.

"Good Morning," She repeated and watched as the girl almost immediately selected something that she wanted. "Um.... that one..." She mused softly as she moved closer to it. "Its 15 coppers. It's a littler more difficult to care for so try to give it spritz often with water." She advised. Emerald eyes focused more on the plants than anything else. The shop was an extension of what she used to have back in the northern forest.

Mild

As the grandfather clock struck to ring it’s toll throughout the house, the crackling of bacon and eggs sounded from the small kitchen where Mild was manning the spatula with a plant tendril. Last night, he was relieved to find that Granny had only sustained a small ankle sprain from a runaway pushcart. However, that meant that Granny would be in bed all day. It was good today was the shop’s rest day, permitting Mild some time to get used to the situation.

Mild grabbed a plate from one of the upper cupboards while simultaneously getting a glass of orange from the fridge, the piece of toast just hot out of the toaster, and a platter plus utensils. After a little food arrangement, he made his way up the upstairs and to Granny’s room, knocking on her door when he got there.

“It’s open,” Granny spoke, prompting Mild to open the door. “Ah, thank you, Mild,” Granny smiled, gently receiving the platter from Mild’s hands. The old woman looked at Mild’s face, causing her smile to lower. “I’m sorry for worrying you, my child. I don’t know why I was up and about yesterday, but you needn’t worry too much. In a week’s time, I’ll be just as spry and healthy as I used to be!” Somehow, Mild didn’t believe that. In that time, the doctor said to come for another checkup, a checkup unrelated to Granny’s physical health. A gentle hand fell on his shoulder.

“Why don’t you get the groceries? Granny’s got a good book to keep her company, so don’t worry too much about me, okay?” The old woman’s eyes locked onto Mild’s flowers. There was a momentary silence before Mild slowly nodded. “Good. The list of things are on the fridge, and don’t forget your goggles.” Mild lowered his head and walked out of the room.

“Oh,” Granny added before he closed the door, “and don’t forget to take out the trash.” Mild slowly closed the door behind him. He smiled a little at that last phrase, typical naggy Granny behaviour. For the next half-hour, he got ready, taking out the trash, cleaning the table, getting the dishes from Granny’s room and washing them, and then finally changing out of his brightly colored baseball themed pajamas.

“I’ll be off!” Mild yelled towards the upstairs as he was putting on his goggles and neon cyan beanie.

“Bye!” Granny yelled, “and don’t forget the shopping list!” Ah. Mild promptly retrieved the list before walking out the door and locking it.

Last edited:
Poppy Claws

Poppy hesitated as she entered the flower shop, wide-eyed expression freezing in place when the scent hit her up close. There were all kinds of creatures living in this city, werewolves and everything under the sun-- but a werewolf was working here, her sunny smile bright enough to match her head of long, blonde hair. Werewolves and Werecats weren't necessarily feuding-- but she still tended to stay away from them if she could help it. Old instincts from ancestors who had, perhaps, not had the most friendly interactions together. Or maybe it was just the cat in her that was wary of the "big bad wolf"-- despite the fact that this one seemed gentle and friendly, surrounding herself with pretty blooms and handing out kind smiles.

This city being the way it was, she should have known she would run into a werewolf eventually. She'd already passed one yesterday, after all, though he hadn't even spared her a glance as he'd gone by, his gaze almost distracted as he moved through the sea of people.

She nodded at the werewolf's words and tentatively relaxed as she padded into the store. Not a moment later, another girl wandered in with some pretty white flowers in her arms, a long tail following her in as if it had a mind of its own. Since she had engaged the shopkeeper in conversation, Poppy decided to take up the offer to look around. It wasn't often she got to see so many flowers in one place while she was in a city like this, after all-- flower shops never looked quite like this, unless they were run by fae.

Poppy reached out with pale fingers to stroke at a stray yellow flower-- a daisy, she thought, although she wasn't particularly familiar with flower breeds. This one was easy to recognize, and, her expression hidden from the others in the shop, she let herself smile, and then moved on to examine some chrysanthemums.

((no, poppy does not have paws in her human form, i made it more clear in my post that she changed. she's a werecat.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back