Riverview Academy

Vashet said:
@Highly Unorthodox Is it ok if I play a librarian as well as a student?
I would rather you not, sorry. But the librarian spot is still open!

@Highly Unorthodox

Are pictures required or is a description allowed? Can't seem to find a fitting one for Ilay.

~ iEmpress, on tapatalk

[QUOTE="The Empress of Ice]@Highly Unorthodox
Are pictures required or is a description allowed? Can't seem to find a fitting one for Ilay.

~ iEmpress, on tapatalk

[/QUOTE]
Description will be fine.

Gh0st said:
Hello, when will characters begin to be paired if I may ask?
The day after they arrive in rp time, partners will be announced. Testing will be done on the day they arrive.

Hey! I have a question about the different years, because I'm trying to figure out the year my character is in. There 8 years of available ages (12-19). However, in the application, there are six years of school, and your year depends on your age. So my question is which ages are lumped together in the same year? (e.g 12 and 13 year olds are both year one)

Vashet said:
Hey! I have a question about the different years, because I'm trying to figure out the year my character is in. There 8 years of available ages (12-19). However, in the application, there are six years of school, and your year depends on your age. So my question is which ages are lumped together in the same year? (e.g 12 and 13 year olds are both year one)
You hit it right on the money. 12-13, year one.

"ALSO: Since this is listed as "advanced" role play, you must be an advanced role player. I will require of you to write three-four paragraphs (containing at least 5-8 sentences) in each EVERY SINGLE time you post. No exceptions.

If you don't believe you can meet this criteria, then you may tell me that you are dropping out now."

@Shylynn

Your post was one single paragraph.

Ain't that a little strict and a little bit of a cheat for those with multiple characters? Ain't saying, just saying, ya know?

Well, it's all together I believe. Using my introduction paragraph as an example one of my characters only has two paragraphs for him. But altogether with both of my characters I have more then three.

I believe it's just a total number, you don't have to write at least three paragraphs per character.

Yeah, that's my point. 2 paragraphs for Character A and 2 paragraphs for Character B makes 4 paragraphs. But if say, Johnny only has Character C, he can't make a 2 paragraphs post, because he only has one character and hence cannot distribute the load.

Little unbalanced, no? Why not 4 garapraphs for each character? Or is this some secret special thingy?

simj22 said:
Yeah, that's my point. 2 paragraphs for Character A and 2 paragraphs for Character B makes 4 paragraphs. But if say, Johnny only has Character C, he can't make a 2 paragraphs post, because he only has one character and hence cannot distribute the load.
That... That doesn't make sense. If 'Johnny' felt like he needed to have two characters to be able to achieve the posting requirement, then he should have made those two characters. Otherwise, he can only blame himself for reading the rules, posting a cs {which means you accept them} and not fulfilling the requirements.

Ignoring the maybe-unintentional biting tone, that's the counter-argument, huh? Basically "Ya can't keep up, so make another character"? I can deal with that. Glad to have cleared that up.

Uh, just wanna point out, I'm not being salty or sour or anything. Just needed to clarify it. You know, put it out there. Make it clearer. Clearificate it. So everyone knows how to deal their hands. Not that I'm telling them how to. nevermind I'll just shut up

You can make multiple characters to get that post done. It's not required.

I mean either way, your writing that many paragraphs to meet criteria so what does it matter if multiple characters get you to there or not?

I'm just saying 1 or 3 characters, what different? Same length. You'll have to write it either way.

This is an advanced rp.

I suppose I could keep it to at least 4-5 paragraphs at least.

simj22 said:
Little unbalanced, no? Why not 4 garapraphs for each character? Or is this some secret special thingy?
simj22 said:
Ignoring the maybe-unintentional biting tone, that's the counter-argument, huh? Basically "Ya can't keep up, so make another character"? I can deal with that. Glad to have cleared that up.
Uh, just wanna point out, I'm not being salty or sour or anything. Just needed to clarify it. You know, put it out there. Make it clearer. Clearificate it. So everyone knows how to deal their hands. Not that I'm telling them how to. nevermind I'll just shut up
O.o I didn't mean to be rude. I just didn't find that to be logical. And I didn't mean that you needed to make another character. I just didn't get why Johnny would join a rp with one character if he felt like he needed two to keep up with posting requirements.

Aaaand. Requiring four paragraphs for each character wouldn't really work unless you do indeed have only one character. When you have multiple characters, it isn't weird if one or two is 'in the action' while one of them can be kind of passive in certain scenes. Forcing four paragraphs on a character that's sitting on the sidelines isn't very smart.

Let's say that we have a scene where the dorm is on fire. Maybe my charrie is a heavy sleeper, maybe they were knocked unconscious but for whatever reason Charrie C is not awake. Charrie A and B are, but now I have to make up some sort of dream for Charrie C to fulfil the posting requirements.

Unnecessary work. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back