• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Revival of Magic

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Shifting uncomfortably at Zachariah’s strange turn in demeanor, Val managed to hold the cafe owner’s gaze (well, what one could lightly consider a gaze). His small smile and bizarre attitude change along with a weird book that he had placed on the bar made her heart start beating just a tad faster. This wasnt where she thought it was going, was it?

You wouldnt happen to know the origin of this book would you?

The question made Val’s breath catch in her throat. A strange book that seemingly appeared without the knowledge of the owner... seemed quite familiar to her. She shook her head slowly, unable to take her eyes off of Zachariah’s book.

“No..I’m sorry. Honestly I’m not even sure where this one came from either... Um... It’s gonna sound a little strange, but I think it might be connected to a- a dream I had...last night.” Again Val found herself not being able to explain as well as she wanted. Especially now. She didn’t know Zachariah well enough to be telling him this crap. She knew she sounded crazy, and she wasn’t sure her response would be welcomed.

Ashside Ashside

Cynthia turned her attention to Mary and gave a nervous smile. "I'm going to guess it's similar to what happened with the rest of us." From what the rest of the group was talking about her blackout wasn't unique to her, neither was finding a weird book. Before she could even add anything to the conversation Solana had just fallen on the floor and it gave Cynthia total deja vu of last night.

The blondes instincts told her to drop down to the ground for her friend, but she was already pulling herself up and yelling at
Drevis. She let out a sigh of relief and she realized her hand was up to her heart. Cynthia always has been caring towards her friends, but she never felt this protective. She normally would have laughed and offered a hand, not be filled with complete maternal fear. It was like a voice was whispering violently in the back of her head. This started to freak her out.

Lucky for her the professor came in asking for papers which lead to her sitting down next to Theo and motioning Mary to sit next to her. As she took her seat and went to grab her report she saw the book again the voice grew even more persistent. She took it out along with her report and placed it in front of her.
"Mary, Theo, You wouldn't happen to have strange books too right? I thought I stole it last night from Zach, but now I'm not so sure."​
She placed her hand on the book and it felt warm to the touch. How the hell could a book produce its own heat?

Interactions:
Blackrose7 Blackrose7 ps. I loved your Fate's reference in your post!

Theodore Faylinn​

Theo winced a bit and snapped out of his worried thoughts when he heard Cynthia asking him and Mary a question, he instinctively scrunched his nose, he supposed there was no escaping the inevitability of being asked about the book considering everyone else had one, it would be slightly suspicious. His throat was dry but he managed to speak, if not softly as he picked up his bag and slowly pulled out the book.

"I....I found the book on my bed this morning.... I thought I left it in the room but it somehow ended up in my bag."

Theodore looked down at the book as he held it, but felt kind of creeped out as if they were having a starring contest and he looked away due to an uncomfortable feeling like he felt earlier as he felt like the book itself had been watching him and was still watching him. Theodore casually flipped the book upside down to its backside and kept it there with a sigh of relief as he felt like he was no longer being watched but felt that same feeling of annoyance.... and suddenly bad about himself?

"Its giving me the creeps. I felt like it was starring at me this morning waiting for me to notice it."

He admitted as he looked at Maryann and Cynthia but then realized how crazy he sounded and laughed slightly to himself.

"I- I mean... it's probably just my imagination or something...."

Theo caught himself looking between them as if hoping he would get a confirmation that he wasn't crazy.

From what Sebastian could tell, what had happened was quite obvious. Mass hysteria is the only possible logical solution. He theorised that perhaps Zach had gotten a bit fed up of them abusing their free drinks and put a little something in it as a prank, and this combined with the stress of having to finish the project, leading to mass hysteria, where they all did the same thing that they all forgot. The reason Solana just fainted was because she didn't get enough sleep after the whole event.

That would also explain why the books everyone had seemed somewhat strange, they all probably found them and considered them some sort of spell-book for witches in their drugged stupor.

Hmm? That's strange. He felt as if the book he got was somehow pleased that it was called such a book for witches. Maybe the drug hadn't worn off yet?

He handed forward his completed papers. "Look, if this isn't some sort of elaborate prank, there must be some sort of explanation, I think we might need to meet back at Café La B to return the books if we somehow all stole them..." He felt it again, but this time it felt like the book didn't want to go anywhere.

Interacting with pretty much anyone within earshot, so I think:
Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight NightMoves NightMoves TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins Sprite Pepsi Sprite Pepsi Tiny Tiny

Maryann was surprised by that, since she didn't know that her friends had a similar dream. "How did you know about the weird lady and man who was singing in the ocean?" said Maryann. This situation has gotten her to be curious, because she has seen nothing like this before. ‘Multiple people having a similar dream? That is strange but interesting as well.' thought Maryann. It didn't get any better when the group talked about those two strangers in their dream, and about the weird books.
'I need to know what these books they are talking about since I am intrigued by this.' thought Maryann. They don't know that Maryann hasn't seen her book yet, because of how quickly she had to get out of the room to go to school.

She was about to say something about this, but Solana dropped to the ground, and the professor told them to get in their seats. 'Aw. I was going to ask them if they looked at what was in those books.' thought Maryann.
Although, she doesn't know what happened to Solana. It makes her extremely angry for some reason. 'I feel really angry about what happened to Solana, and I don't know why.' thought Maryann, who has no idea that the hidden water book is affecting her.
Maryann eventually sits next to Cynthia once she noticed what she was doing, and as she was taking out her report. A look of confusion was on her face when she saw that the mysterious books that her friends were talking about is in her bag. 'A blue book? I don't have a blue book, but it looks fancy.' thought Maryann. She felt that something was happy about that, but she doesn't know who it was.
"...I think I found the strange book that you guys were talking about, Cynthia. Which is odd since I don't remember bringing my bag to the cafe. I mean I was already done with my report, and I was also in the bathroom." said Maryann.
She wasn't drunk from the alcohol either, for she didn't drink that much.

Maryann then looked at Theo pulling out a book from his bag, and she was extremely curious about what was in that book. 'I need to know what is in these strange books, because they might be a rare book.' thought Maryann.
She is normally not this curious when it comes to new things, because she eventually becomes bored with the thing that she was so curious about. It's either that, or she isn't interested in the new thing for she already knows what it is from the internet. "Can I take a look at your book, Theo? I want to know what is inside of that book, since you seem to be so scared of it." said Maryann.
If Cynthia was paying attention, she would notice that Maryann is being completely out of character. For why would a quiet bookworm like Maryann be talking so much. Not to mention that she is way too curious about wanting to read those strange books.
Interactions: Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

JANE
The Witch with the Book of Love

Classroom: Sebastian ( Sostos Sostos ) and anyone else in the class
Cafe La Bouclier: Zachariah ( Ashside Ashside ), Valentina ( THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster ), anyone else in the Cafe
It was really out there. And it was a fact that Jane was ready to comply with her common sense, to dismiss the event last night as another of the few strange days in her life. It was the coffee, she had reasoned, whether a lack of or too much of it. And the book she took by mistake home belonged to the Café or somebody in the study group. Soon, she would forget it was even a thing, among the other unexplained days we all experience in our life. At the end of the day, Jane was the furthest from a confrontational person, she might not forgive but would always forget.

This one had toed the line. A line that she rarely approached her entire life. Jane was born with nothing, parents, possessions nor a relevant talent. She might be a beggar, but above all, never a choosing one. She accepted what she got without asking for more. The friends in her orphanage she didn’t choose, the public schools she went to weren’t her picks, not even the sport she pursued was something more than a circumstantially appropriate thing. Yet now, even when her study group was having the same bizarre experience, and the strange book, and a nearly fainting Solana, it should be no different. She should, all the same, avoid making hasty decisions, opted for a mellow explanation then patiently waiting…

No. Jane felt restless. She felt so. Her senses were keen, keener than usual at least, in an emotionally easy to burst way without the involvement of logic, or reason, or fact, or wisdom, or sensibility, or… she felt like being swept down the path of impulse imaginations. It felt right, at the moment, that there was no other way it could have happened. And this was how she pieced everything together, regardless of how out there it was:

So unless some magical phenomena had occurred yesterday, her facts should prevail. It stood to reason, her reason, that only one person had access to their drinks, which had taken away their consciousness more or less at the same time, afterward then, only one person could haul them back home without being noticed after ordering all the staffs to leave, or he waited until all the customers and staffs had left.

Conveniently, of course, Jane left out the fact that he couldn’t possibly know where everyone lives, or his lacking of a clear motive. She didn’t think about those facts, or rather she found them as irrelevant as the fact that she hadn’t had coffee this morning.

“Or you know,” She said quietly to Sebastian and gave him her one-page report. “I’ll just go there right away.”

Flung the backpack on her back, Jane quietly excused herself from the class. The spring morning was warm outside as she left the campus. As she pulled her hair into a ponytail and starting to jog towards Café La Bouclier, Jane began to question her judgment, in the same fashion of someone who had already made up their mind and halfway through with their decision. The more laid-back side of her surfaced at last to put up a fight against her current impulse.

Why am I so upset anyway, it reasoned. 'What's there to not to?' something else responded.

Surely this is no grave deal, and I have no reason to go there right now… what am I supposed to even do when I meet the guy?

‘Oh, there was a reason, and you know what it is,’ it continued, ‘he drugged you, didn’t he?’

Jane knew what was implied clearly, spring is track and field season. The existence of an unregulated substance in her blood could kill her chance, her entire career and her teammates’. If it was a prank, though doubly so, not even her could tolerate this. She knew too well how one mistake and it could be OVER in caps for her. She knew too how the coach and her teammates believed in her, yet she risked her chance in this ridiculous manner. She would not be able to withstand the collapsing of their expectations. She would be ostracized, losing the only place to belong. All for the sake of a stupid prank? Oh, you better have a better reason to do it, I swear…

‘See? You are not being unreasonable at all, perfectly so even!’

Only then did Jane realized it was something other than her mind doing the talking. Yet she couldn’t think of anywhere else it could come from. It was almost, close, but not quite entirely not coming from her head.

‘The thing you do for love….’ It whistled in a… non-physical way ‘And you didn’t even know you love your team. What with the it’s-not-my-choice-I-run… you are just being bashful, aren’t you? Hee hee.’ Again in a very non-physical and no sound out loud way, it giggled like a youthful lass.

The coherent part of her mind fought valiantly, but already she was standing in front of the Café. Her hand reached, and pushed the door open, not too hard that it appeared filled with anger, not too slowly that she seemed hesitant. There were other customers in the shop, but Jane spotted them right away, what caught her attention wasn’t the similar face, but the books.

Valentina and the Café’s owner, Zach…Zacharia… were staring at each other… intensively? Jane could not tell, she found the information irrelevant. The only thing on her mind was the reason she came here.

But now that she was beelining across the Café to the pair by the bar, Jane felt more self-conscious than ever. No one looked her way, but in her feeling, every pair of eyes in this Café and their condemnation were upon her. She was there before the two anyway, in her hand was the pinkish notebook with the image of two serpent-like creatures forming a heart. The book felt light, and jovial.

“Explain this,” Jane spoke flatly. “What happened last night?”

Valentina watched Zachariah intensely, hoping he didn't decide to kick her out forever because of her ridiculous tale.

'It's not a lie. Please understand that I am scared about this!' Val tried to communicate with him through eye contact, but his eyes only seemed to be trained literally in any space AROUND her. He wouldn't just meet her eyes, which made her feel more like a scared child. She felt like she was about to cry. Val had no reason for acting like such a scared little girl, she was in college for heaven's sake, these were just BOOKS! However the feeling that this book that had appeared in her room last night gave her just rubbed her the wrong way. This book made her feel vulnerable. She felt like it could look into her and READ her, so why wasn't it giving her the same courtesy?

Before anymore could be said, Val noticed a girl- Jane- come walking towards them. She looked like she was trying not to just walk out the way she had come, but she seemed to be very determined as well.

"Explain this. What happened last night?" As she said this, she held up a pink book with two serpents on the cover shaping into the form of a heart.

"Noo," Val groaned, turning to put her head in her hands. So there were MORE?! Finally after a few minutes she turned to Jane again, her voice dropping low with intensity. "How many people have a strange book?" She asked. She wasn't sure if Jane would even know, but there was no point in holding the question back. If anyone had any answers Val needed to know.

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Ashside Ashside

Damafaud Damafaud TheAdventureBegins TheAdventureBegins
Tiny Tiny
Sorhal Thé Everseer

After spying on the supposedly owner it seemed to him that she has gone braindead which did not intrested him anymore , instead he smelled the scent of other individuals that are given the book, more active and outgoing individuals it seems to him. Hearing the class bell ring he skittered past into the classroom where the others were located at. Watching them take a seat in the lecture class he hopped ontop of the male's shoulder with ease. balancing himself while sitting on his shoulder he curls his tail around his neck as it was soft, fluffy, and fuzzy to the touch. Just to create further embarrassment for him Sorhal made a loud attention seeking " MMEEEOOOOWWW!!" Across the lecture hall for all to hear :3

Last edited:
Zachariah Blackwood
A strange dream, and then a book that suddenly appeared after having said dream? That sounded awfully familiar. He looked at the book that his hand was still touching, and it was then that he had realized that this book was influencing somehow. It wasn't until he removed his hand from the book that he felt whatever influence the book had over him leave. His posture straightened as he blinked the spacey feeling away.

Okay that happened. Any further thought on it was interrupted by Jane coming in, and slamming a third strange book onto the bar. Normally he would’ve jumped, but he still felt the calm when he had the book in his hand so instead of flinching he merely blinked at her arrival. It was then that he faced another dilemma because half of him just wanted to smile and placate them, but the other half of him was basically shouting in his mind to take this conversation upstairs.

And so he did what he always did when he wasn’t entirely focused. Bite his bottom lip really fucking hard. The pain helped him focus past the calming feeling from grabbing his strange book. Then he walked up the stairs after motioning for the two of them to follow him to the second floor.

He didn’t really care at this point what the books meant, but he was gonna figure out how his book was affecting him. It was then that he had a really fucking stupid idea. He was gonna tell the book to stop.

Whatever you’re doing to me. Stop it.“ Miraculously the book complied, and he felt all the spaceyness leave him as he was finally able to focus he was able to come to a conclusion on the books.

The books were in someway the result of the dream. Which shouldn’t be possible, but neither should a book be able to influence his mind like that. He waited for the two of them to come up the stairs as he stared at the book in his hand before speaking.

Jane if you had a strange dream and woke up with a book as well then I’m sorry to say, but I’m not the guy with the answers.“ He then added almost as an afterthought his eyes never leaving his book as he examined the outside of the book from front to back wondering how exactly it influenced him as it did. “I didn’t drug any of you if that’s what you’re thinking, and I think the only answers we’ll find are in the books themselves.“ He paused for a second before continuing knowing that he’d sound crazy, but not really caring at that particular moment. “Also I think the books can understand us.

Interacting w/ THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
Location- Café La Bouclier

Last edited:
JANE
The Witch with the Book of Love

Cafe La Bouclier: Zachariah ( Ashside Ashside ), Valentina ( THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster )

Jane didn’t expect the girl to speak first. She seemed to know about the book, and unhappy about the fact. Chances are Valentina came here to confront the guy too. One more victim to the list, a distressed one, not to her surprise. Under different circumstances, she might act just as confused and helpless, but in this place and this time, she was taken over by anger and… something else.

“More than enough to raise an eyebrow or two.” She told Valentina. “I bet everyone in our study group last night has them. So,” she turned to Zach with a glare, “Are you going to tell me that you, the owner of this shop, have no fucking idea how we all blacked out then magically woke up in our beds?”

The guy relented, biting his lips hard. To Jane, his action couldn’t be more suspicious. Then he told Jane and Valentina to follow him upstairs.
She spared Val a look, the girl looked beyond vulnerable. Highly doubt the guy would try to pull anything funny, Jane still assured herself that as an athlete she wouldn’t go down easily in a physical fight. Passed the bar, her brain was reminded that it hadn’t had its share of morning coffee yet. But nah, not in this place.

Upstairs, Zach's excuses tired Jane. She eyed the way he spoke, caressed the book with his gaze. The guy was absolutely mental! It was her easiest conclusion she had come to until today, and Jane was always quick to jump to conclusions.

“You…” She didn’t know how to begin even though the first word had left her mouth. This was not what she expected at all... unless he was merely pretending. Her gaping mouth opened and closed again. Then with the book waving in her hand, she hissed, “You think this is a fucking joke? You and this book can have a trip through a paper shredder for all I care!” The book was thrown, hard, not aimed but in Zach’s general direction with a warcry of a warrior, if the warrior is an angry girl on the verge of plucking her own hair, and has a soprano voice.

Jane didn’t know what she was attempting with the throw, perhaps half expecting it to hit his face. Whatever she was thinking in that impulsive moment sure as hell wasn’t how the book did a splendid backflip midair and, wide open, hit the thrower in the face full force. For extra flavor, a pinkish mist emitted from between the pages. A pleasant smell filled the air.
Jane dropped to the floor, asleep. Something somewhere sneered.

What just happened? Quiet, non-confrontational Jane just got up and left? What? She looked more determined than I've ever seen before... hang on a second, did she only write one page?

Irked that he had done significantly more work than her, the thoughts went through Sebastian's mind quite quickly, but it wasn't as if missing class would put her life in danger. As soon as he thought of that however, he felt incredibly uneasy, almost as though he did feel her life was in danger. Be rational, there is no indication that that would be the case.

He tried to shelve the thought and realised that the lesson wouldn't go over anything he didn't know already, so he pulled out that rather strange book. Everyone else seemed to also have a book, so maybe this was some sort of puzzle, he thought, perhaps someone signed everyone up to some competition or prank show and they'd have to try and solve the mystery of the books.

The book was very ornately beautiful, and looked incredibly expensive. He opened it up and immediately felt as if he were more in control of himself and his thoughts. The text was not in English, not even remotely so, appearing to be a cursive and flowing script with elaborate details. Sebastian did not realise that this was the case, as, to him, it appeared perfectly coherent and nothing out of the ordinary, as though in English.

Charms, hexes, spells... standard fantasy stuff, seems to be related to witches and the like. It couldn't be a coincidence that this magic book had appeared the day they were discussing witchcraft and it's feasibility. This must be a set up... Solana was pretty adamant that witches did exist... and she could have pretended to collapse to then later convince everyone that it was some sort of magical force. She probably asked Zach to spike everyone's drinks and they're in on it together.

At this point, Sebastian was already considering conspiracy, speculating the whys and hows Solana and Zach could pull this off...

Hmm? Maybe Jane is in on it too and the reason she left so suddenly was to warn Zach we're on to him? Or maybe she realised it the same way I have and gone to Zach since she figured it all out already. Okay, I'll play along with this little game until I work out what they're planning. I'll stick around here, but if Solana has no suspicious movements, I'll head to the Café. Actually, no, Jane probably already figured out something, and if she's working with them, it'd be better to stick to the pair of them than just Solana.

With his deductions, Sebastian also walked out of the class, already having handed in his work already, and headed to the Café, which wouldn't take too long.

Interacting with: his own thoughts,

Willow.
Interacting with: nobody
"Ok now that everyone is settled, please pass both reports up front."

No sooner had the professor finished her sentence before Willow slammed her head into her desk. She had completely forgotten about the reports. Her personal had been finished long ago (thanks to a classmate in need of some quick cash) but the group report wasn't even close to done as far as she remembered. And whilst one could accuse black-out-drunk Willow of a lot of things, being studious and finishing group projects were not one of them.
She scoured through her mind in a desperate attempt to come up with an excuse that'd give her and her group at least a day or two more to finish the report. After all, it was probably her fault that the project hadn't been done in time, so buying some more time were the least she could do.

But just as Willow were about to start rambling about phantom limb pain or one of her other tired excuses, Solana simply handed in the group report much to Willow's surprise. Had they really had time to both finish the report and help her get home?

But at that moment, her thoughts were interrupted by a loud "MMEEEOOOOWWW". She quickly turned around to try and find the source of the sound, only to find that a cat had not only entered the classroom but had climbed up on Drevis' shoulder. Willow couldn't help but feel a sting of jealousy over the fact that the cat had chosen Drevis over her. Realizing that the cat would probably get removed from the classroom shortly anyway, her thoughts turned towards the book she'd found in her apartment. What about it had been captivating enough to motivate her to take it?

Hoping to find an answer to that question, she picked up the book from her bag and began to read.

Val’s stomach dropped at Jane’s answer. She shouldn’t have expected anything less of course, she figured there would be more. But the answer still made her feel queazy. Her sudden viciousness towards Zachariah did not help the situation, although she could understand where she was coming from and kept quiet.

Finally the cafe owner suggested that they go upstairs, something Val was thankful for. This place was fairly busy for talk like this. They needed a quiet place. Getting up, Val fell into step directly behind Zachariah and beside Jane. She quickly glanced at the girl, her face growing more and more skeptical of the man they were following.

‘Where is her anger coming from ?’ Her gaze slid down to the book Jane was holding. She had no idea what was in that book. In any of the books really. Maybe it was empty like hers? Either way, Val knew these books had something to do with their emotion. The way Zachariah was spacing out, the way she herself felt as soon as the book came into her possession...

Finally they reached the 2nd level of the cafe, somewhere quiet.
Zachariah turned to them, completely serious now.

“I didn’t drug any of you if that’s what you’re thinking, and I think the only answers we’ll find are in the books themselves.”

So this is what this was all about... Jane was afraid he had drugged them.. what a strange idea. Of course, there was nothing that could prove her wrong yet... but Zachariah’s next words gave Val goosebumps.

“I think the books can understand us.”

She began to shake her head in protest at the thought, but Jane’s anger suddenly flared again and she attempted to throw the book at him! Instead, the book seemed to have something else in mind as it seemed to turn back to her and slam into her face. She suddenly collapsed as a strange smell filled the air. Val immediately dropped beside her, grabbing her shoulders. She looked up at Zachariah for help.

“What just happened?!”

Ashside Ashside Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Vincent
Class was pretty boring, as it usually was. The professor was lecturing on about some old snippets of primary sources that had been preserved since the dark ages. They looked like they would crumble to dust with one touch, which is probably why he was holding it with two pairs of delicate looking tweezers. Why he didn't just bring a copy in was questionable. There was no way those flimsy pieces of paper could be passed around a college class. Who knew how long some of these people had gone without washing their hands? Vince supposed the professor wanted to look cool or something. Wow, a dusty piece of paper that was barely legible, very interesting...

He looked to the students in front of him, noticing that they were having a hushed conversation about the books that had appeared out of nowhere. Vincent listened in on the conversation and noticed that Maryann was pushing Theo to see his book. Well, that was pretty weird. From an eavesdroppers perspective, he'd barely heard Maryann utter a sentence on her most social days. How strange.

Vincent was waiting to see if Theo would show the book, when two of his friends just walked right out of class, one after the other. 'Mr. knowledge ditching class, guess everyone is acting out of character today.' He thought to himself as he watched Sebastian duck out of the extremely boring class. Should he also walk out? Why not? Seemed to be the cool thing people were doing today.

Vince bent forward in his seat before whispering to the three in front of him. "Hey guys, Jane and Seb just walked out with some pretty scary looks on their face. Want to figure out what crazy shit they're getting themselves into?" He asked slightly louder than he meant to. This resulted in the professor giving him a fairly dirty glare. "Going somewhere, Mr. Litvak?"

"
Oh, not of my own accord Jerry. You know I just looove your class." He said, not even trying to hide the sarcasm in his voice. "It's a family emergency, really."

And with that, Vincent grabbed his bag and walked out. The lie he had left with the professor was extremely unconvincing as anyone who even remotely knew Vincent, knew that he didn't have a family. Not even distant ones. While this left the professor frustrated, there was truly nothing he could do. College students would be college students.

Within about a minute, Vincent had caught up to Sebastian. "Hey, Seb. What's up? You left with a pretty scary look on your face, worse than usual." He joked with a small smile.

Interactions: Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki Goddess Of Twilight Goddess Of Twilight Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Sostos Sostos

Theodore Faylinn​

Theo was looking down at his book as Maryann asked to see it, he thought about it for a moment but something screamed in the back of his mind that if she touched it something bad might happen. He looked up at Maryann with a slight smile and was about to answer when Vincent interrupted asking about the others who had walked out. Perfect opportunity to slip from the situation, he had after all passed in his paper and he already read most of the source material required for the class since it was one of his easier electives.

He quickly packed his bag up as it looked like everyone from the group seemed to be leaving, and it was far too late to ignore everything now or be left out of the group. He looked over to Mary and nudged his head as if to tell her he was going to leave as well.

"Lets follow them and maybe we can look at each others books after?"

He spoke with a somewhat hushed tone. But when he got up the teacher gave him a glare and usually Theo wouldn't have the courage to even move during a lecture let alone walk out but in the back of Theo's mind he heard a hushed deep voice that said 'Lie'

"Oh Uh.... you know.... Family friends... Terrible emergency really..."

Theo's heart was racing as he exited the class and he felt strange that he lied. It was weird, he was a pretty bad liar after all. He followed suit behind Vincent and hopped Maryann followed him. But also that she might not ask to touch his book again, mostly because he was afraid what might happen.

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#4f1818; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #4f1818; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#4f1818; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #4f1818; border-bottom: 1px Solid #4f1818; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #4f1818; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"]
Sebastian Lider
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
1558379680940-png.577714
[/div]
[div class="Status"] Status

Interacting: NightMoves NightMoves Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

Mentioned: Jane Doe

Located: Heading to Café La Bouclier
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] The Book of Life[/div] Vincent wasn't on the suspect list, so he was probably safe... but better safe than sorry, Sebastian thought. "I'll be honest, and it's not often that I'll say this, but I'm confused. So I'm just thinking hard. Thought I'd take a walk for a breather, maybe grab something at the Café. Do some... reading. And what about you? What excuse did you give the prof to get out? The usual family emergency?" Sebastian couldn't help but chuckle, the excuse never got old and always worked despite Vincent obviously not giving a shit when coming up with it.

Sebastian considered the idea of gaining as many allies as possible, and Vincent was probably a safe bet since he most likely wouldn't have the motivation or reason to work with the two or three co-conspirators. "You also think we got drugged, right? And I think all of us got a book," he said, pulling his out, "and it's appears to be some sort of spell book. But that's beside the point. You saw Jane rush out, right? She's an athlete and imagine her getting drugged caused her to fail a drug test. It'd pretty much ruin her, wouldn't it? I think she might do something rash."

For a reason unknown to Sebastian, but quite obviously due to the book of life in his hand, he felt a deep concern for the safety of those around him. Well, this wouldn't be considered a possibility to Sebastian as books rarely can influence the emotions and behaviours of someone who hasn't read it wholly.

"Vince, you said your book had a leprechaun fighting a cat or something, right? Can I see it?" Whatever puzzle or setup this was, the books played a key role in the mystery, and would probably be the biggest source of clues. Knowledge is a weapon and a shield, was how Sebastian saw things, and to be clear, he was kind of enjoying the solution not being totally obvious this time. As he reflected on it, he couldn't help but smile at how interesting this could become, though this was quickly overcome with worry as the book of life tugged at his emotions.

Mine has a tree on it, and Vince has a leprechaun... nature and luck, perhaps? Or perhaps a nod to Irish folklore and druidic magic associated with the Celts? Druids, huh, as he recalled from his browsing on Wikipedia for the group project, the word came from a mix of "to know", "tree", and "sorcerer"... there are already links, but I need more information.

His face became reflective and considering as he walked alongside Vincent, "Isn't it all a bit strange? Why would someone try to sabotage Jane and give us all a book?" he asked inquisitively. "Wait, is that Theo? You came out too?" he said, noticing him following behind a bit later.

[/div]
[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith [/div]

Vincent Litvak

"Think too hard and you'll get wrinkles." Vince stated, smiling wide when his regular excuse was mentioned. "You know me too well, Seb. No one has ever had the guts to call me out on it."
They'd have to be pretty heartless to tell a guy that he's lying because they know he's an orphan, who doesn't have a family to have a family emergency for.

Vincent put hand to his chin, thinking about what Sebastian said as they walked. He hadn't really thought about the whole Jane being an athlete thing. That could really get her in trouble. She could always have someone pee in the cup for her, but she didn't seem like that kind of person. Then again, who knew. Everyone had their secrets. Maybe Jane had some secret dark side that was exposed when she was back in a corner. "I didn't think of that. I thought getting drugged was just some sort of fun prank played by Jack or Darius, but it could be really scary for Jane. I'm not sure if she'd do something crazy though...hopefully..." He trailed off, unsure.

The brunette shuffled his backpack so it held onto only one of his arms as he took his book out with the other. The cover reflected it's surroundings, but Vince knew the truth. "Well, at first it's more like a mirror but after looking at it for a while some weird image appeared. It could have just been the drugs though, as it was pretty early this morning."

Vince was handing over his book when Theo approached. "Oh yeah, I thought you might be in some trouble so I unrespondibly pressured some of our friends to ditch class too. Maryann and Cynthia might join us too." He said, clearly proud of what his antics had brought.

"Didn't you say something about your book giving you the creeps?" Vince turned to Theo as he handed his own book off to Sebastian.

Interacting with: Sostos Sostos Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

Theodore Faylinn​

Theo approached the two boys with a steady pace after he left the class and tried not to interrupt their conversation as they spoke about Vincent's book but then Sebastian finally noticed him. He shuffled for a moment before keeping up and responding to Sebastian.

"Yeah... I don't think its smart to stay in class with everything going on."

Theodore held his bag in front of him when Vincent mentioned his book and felt slightly nervous as he didn't want anyone to touch it, nor did he think the book wanted to be touched either to be honest, which sounded quite crazy to him. He thought for a moment and to be fair he supposed seeing a leprechaun fighting a cat was actually probably crazier than his book talking to him. He wondered if it was true, but maybe it was the after effects of the drugs like Vincent had said. Theo snapped out of his train of thought when Vincent had asked about the book giving him the creeps, which was entirely true but he was also quite curious about it.

"Yeah, I get a little uncomfortable looking at it, it feels like its watching me or waiting for me to do something... But I also keep getting this feeling like... it might be dangerous to others and possibly myself. I don't know why... It should just be a book right?"

Theodore slipped the book from his bag once more and faced the White book, skull first towards the boys. He felt a sort of annoyance and almost like if his book could, it would be glaring at the three of them right about now. Now that he thought about it, he hand't opened the book yet, and the clasps that were shaped like skeletal hands seemed to be firmly grasped. Just the thought of opening the book was slightly exciting but he also felt like he should do it in secret. And the feeling of being secretive about its contents was seeming to flow into him through the book. Usually Theo was a sharer but now he felt he should be greedy with it.

Interactions:
NightMoves NightMoves
Sostos Sostos

[class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/359734207024463882/524331123145179137/Tileableerodedscratchmetaltexturebackground00.jpg); background-size: 25% 25%; Padding:30px; Padding-bottom:10px; background-attachment: fixed; [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#f0ebe0; Color:Black; font-family:Fira Sans ; [/class] [class=Name] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; padding-left:20px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:27px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#4f1818; float:left; width:97%; [/class] [class=Img] background-color:#f0ebe0; text-align: center; border:1px SOLID #4f1818; line-height:0px; margin-top:10px; [/class] [class=Icon] color:#f0ebe0; background-color:#4f1818; padding:5px; padding-left:10px; font-size: 25px; margin:-10px -10px 10px -10px ; font-family: Fjalla One; [/class] [class=statbar] border-radius:5px; border-top: 1px Solid #4f1818; border-bottom: 1px Solid #4f1818; padding:2px; width:50%; margin-top:3px; margin-bottom:3px; [/class] [class=Line] border: 3px SOLID #4f1818; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; padding:10px; [/class] [class=Status] margin-bottom:10px; Border-top: 3px SOLID #4f1818; Border-bottom: 3px SOLID #4f1818; border-radius:5px; padding:5px; font-family: Fjalla One; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:3px; color:#000000; width:97%; [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Name"]
Sebastian Lider
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
1558379680940-png.577714
[/div]

Interacting: NightMoves NightMoves Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

Mentioned: no one

Located: Café La Bouclier
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] The Book of Life[/div] During the conversation, they had arrived at the front door of the café, but they had briefly stopped to do some sort of show and tell with their books. He showed his one as well, pulling it out and looking at it. For a second it looked as though it had an ethereal golden glow to it, but this went as soon as Theodore's book 'glared' at him, disappearing so suddenly that Sebastian assumed it was a trick of the light.

Theodore's book was chilling to say the least. "Well, that's not pleasant in the slightest..." He didn't know quite why, but it felt as though his own book was trying to protect him against it. This book had none of the calming characteristics of his own, and instead looked dangerous, no, simply malicious. "And the others will joining us too? We should probably all go through each other's books at some point, have you guys read anything in yours?" So Vincent's book apparently had a mirror that shifted to a weird image, and Theodore's book was just unpleasant to an extent that inanimate objects usually aren't.

"That's strange, my book hasn't done any thing out of the ordinary..." Sebastian said, unaware of the boost in confidence, or the fact that he was reading a completely unknown script when reading it. So the puzzle pieces he had now where a big tree, leprechauns and cats, and a skull. There didn't appear to be any clear correlation between the objects. So the tree and leprechaun suggest druidic magic, and, by extension, the idea of life or nature? The skull and black cat perhaps symbolised something a whole lot more sinister... shamanism and voodoo? That suggest something to do with death or darkness. The leprechaun was fighting the cat, so maybe a battle between the two? Is that meant to be a threat? Or are they being put into two different teams? There must be some sort of meaning behind this. "I don't have enough damn information to put this all together, it's all speculation until we get everyone together. Shall we head inside so we can prepare for the worst?" [/div]

DARIUS
Darius overheard bits and pieces of his friends' conversations as he waded in and out of consciousness. Staying awake in class had never been his strong suit, but today he felt exceptionally, almost supernaturally tired. Which, all things considered, made pretty damn good sense. Last night he'd been transported to another realm through a portal in the back door of a coffee shop, and this morning he'd woken up in his bed. From what he'd heard, strange occurrences had also befallen his friends. And there was the book. He'd leafed through it a little. Every page was blank. So, of course he'd startled to doodle in it. The thing was, though. His doodles had all miraculously disappeared when he flipped back to them. Then he did what any intrepid young artist does in such situations, and drew a lewd interpretation of the male anatomy, to which the book replied by promptly erasing his work, replacing it with the words, written in an eloquent, flowing hand: That's not very mature. And that proved it. The book was sentient, something that was impossible under normal circumstances. Which meant he had, in his possession, a bona fide magical artifact. Duh.

When he came fully awake and saw that most of his cohort had flown the coop, he gave their professor the one-finger salute.

"Later, Jerr-Bear!

As he strut out of the room, he swiped all the papers off the desk of some nerd, kicked open the door to class (they opened inward, so this failed), pulled on the handle to fling them open, and sauntered after his group.

He caught up with them just as they were getting to the cafe. He slammed a hand onto the door to keep them from entering. "It's obvious what's goin' on, he began, while shaking his black book in his friends' faces. "It's fuckin' magic!"

Interacting: Sostos Sostos NightMoves NightMoves Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki

Last edited:
Val took deep breaths, trying to figure out how to wake Jane up. Glancing back at the brunette who was still completely unconscious, Val decided to take matters into her own hands. She reached over with her thumb and forefinger to pick the book off of Jane, but instead it seemed to slide off itself just as she reached for it.

Jumping back a little, she watched as strange pink mist lazily swam around Jane’s head.

‘That must be where that sweet smell is coming from...’ There was nothing Val wanted more than to just go home and sleep. She didnt want to be involved in whatever this was anymore, but she couldnt leave her passed out...

Finally, after a few minutes of trying to get Jane up without her flopping back over, Val managed to prop her up on a nearby wall. The mist still clung to her, and Val wasnt sure how to get it to go away. She assumed if she got too close the same effect would happen to her, and then she would be useless..

Turning back to Zachariah, she began to find a courage that she had been lacking since she came to the shop.

“Stay with her, I’m gonna go get some help!” Getting up she went back downstairs, skipping a step with each bound. She pushed her way through a few people in line and swung the door open, accidentally hitting someone in the back.

“Ohh my gosh I’m so sorry,” Val apologized quickly before she realized that she recognized some of the faces in this group. “Hey, you’re Jane’s friends..right?”

Ashside Ashside Elenion Aura Elenion Aura and everyone else who is outside

As Theo faced his book towards him, Vince suddenly felt heavy. It was as if the book was staring at him, and really didn't like him. "Creepy..." For some reason, despite all the warning signs that told him otherwise, Vince felt like he needed to touch it. The poor choosing boy reached a finger out to the book and booped it right on its skeletal forhead. As soon as the boop connected, he felt a sharp pain shoot through his booping finger. "Ow" He recoiled his hand back, looking at his poor finger. A small amount of blood pooled at his finger tip. It looked like it had pricked him, like a thorn. "Sharp too." He said nonchalantly as goosbumps ran along his back. He felt the phantom stare grow stronger and angrier, which kind of really creeped him out.

Vince mentally shook his head. There was no point in getting afraid over a book. It was just a book. He turned to answer Sebastian's question. "Now that you mention it, I haven't even opened mine yet. I've never been much of a book person."

The brunette was about to open his book before Darius made his way into the conversation.

'Not him again...' Echoed a voice. It was like a whisper, barely audible yet completely clear at the same time. In response, Vince physically jolted. There was no way that had been his own inner voice. There was no way he could say such a rude thing about his own friend. Even if his friend made questionable choices. He had no right to judge...

"Did you guys...?" Vince started to ask if any of his friends had heard the voice, but then trailed off. The group already concluded that there may be drugs still in their systems. There was no point in asking such a dumb question. Of course they hadn't heard that. "Uhhh. Nevermind." He said awkwardly, now appearing slightly disoriented. "Also...Magic, Darius? That's im-"

Vince was cut off by being hit square in the back with the cafe door. Well, he supposed that's what he got for standing directly in front of a door to a business that was currently open. He fell slightly forward before he put his hand on Theo's shoulder, stabilizing himself before he actually fell. He took his hand from Theo's shoulder and looked behind him to see who had opened the door. "Uh, yeah. We were actually looking for her. Is she here?"
Interactions: Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki Sostos Sostos THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Making a mental note to make sure the guy she had just hit was alright later, she quickly nodded to his question. She began to hesitate, not sure if she should say anything about the book until she remembered that Jane had said something about them having one too. Looking around she noted that one of them already had his book out. Just glancing at it sent shivers down her spine. Val managed to tear her gaze away though and look at them all in turn.

"I guess you all know about the books too... I should probably warn you that Zachariah did not..uh..drug you guys. He has one too as well as me. A book I mean. Actually, I came out here to get some help. Jane's book went a little haywire and uh.. well you guys should probably just come in...they're on the second floor."

Val graciously moved out of the group's way, holding the door for them and gesturing inside.

NightMoves NightMoves Sostos Sostos Shugo Yuki Shugo Yuki Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
Mentions: Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Cynthia looked at Maryann a little weird. "My dream wasn't quite that, but still just as freaky." Everything about this whole situation was a little freaky and it just made her feel... excited. She couldn't explain why this made her feel so thrilled, it kinda felt like she had a buzz going. "Not at all I feel the same way. There is something defiantly going on."

She started to toy with her finger tracing the book as Theo and Maryann talked just taking everything in between them. It was odd that Maryann was talking this much, hell when they first met all this girl did was read books in her dorm room. They might have gone their first two weeks exchanging a total of fifteen words. Before she could comment on this oddity with her friend, everyone else just started to leave. They were all consumed with this mystery and didn't just want to sit around. "Come on Mary let's leave this place, you can touch mine if I can touch yours," she whispered to Maryann hoping this would pique her newfound curiosity to actually ditch class. She then watched Darius as he failed to kick the doors open, she had to stifle a laugh at that one. Either way after a few minutes she got up groaning in pain. "Sorry I need to to go, lady issues, I'm sure you know how it is. Maryann lets go" She then quickly left the room as the professor just had a look of pure confusion and disgust on his face considering half his class just left.

Cynthia managed to catch up with the rest of the group and see Vince smacked by a door. Once again rage bubbled in her veins as she looked at this girl who blatantly attacked Vince with the door. The strange part was that the voice of rage wasn't her own it was still coming from the back of her head. Cynthia took a deep breath to calm herself down. "As much as I hate to agree with the resident dropout, Darius might have a point. Use Science to explain how we all got back home safely with strange new books after we passed out." She forced herself to smile as she passed the girl holding open the door to head upstairs.

Interacting with:
NightMoves NightMoves
Blackrose7 Blackrose7
THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Sebastian Lider
[/div]
[div class="Img"]
1558379680940-png.577714
[/div]

Interacting: Ashside Ashside THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Mentioned: Solana

Located: Café La Bouclier
[/div]
[div class="Line"] [div class="Icon"] The Book of Life[/div] "Are you suggesting that after hundreds of years of research, that we, a group of 20 somethings stumbled upon the existence of magic? Isn't that kind of a stretch? We might just all have been drugged and this all be an elaborate prank, right?" Sebastian replied to Darius's proclamation, thinking that everyone had gotten a book that had something to do with magic... perhaps Darius was in on the ploy as well, if he was also trying convince everyone that magic was indeed real, just as he suspected Solana to be doing.

Quite a few people had now gathered at the café, and Sebastian felt like the professor may deduct some marks for the blatant truancy that most of his group were partaking in, but that didn't seem to be a major concern of his at the moment. Hearing that Jane's book had gone "haywire" filled him with a sense of dread he was unfamiliar with. His book prioritised the safety of life above all else, and though he was unaware of the influence it had on him, it had a definite impact on his actions.

"Is she alright? What do you mean by haywire?" he said as he headed past Val, approaching the stairs and heading up them to spot an unconscious Jane. Did she get knocked out by physical force or drugged again?

"Zach, I'll be honest..." Sebastian said, looking at Zachariah next to the knocked out Jane, coupled with the fact that all of them had fallen unconcious last night in the same place, "...this doesn't look great for you." Sebastian really hoped this was a prank gone out of hand rather than something malicious. It appeared on seeing Jane unharmed, his book no longer exerted a pressure on him to act, and he could think calmly again.

[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back