• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Rebel RP? (Interest Check)

True. So for the people in the slums, the older children and the younger ones who aren't able to be desensitized because of something in their DNA are the ones that get sent to the work camps.

So @LuckLacked this should become a thing :3

And also to add to @Aster Sapphire have them work in like sweat shops, oil rigs, depending in their behavior the worst could be used for medical experimentation instead of animals, stuff like that?

A shout to @Kazanna or @Morridan to see if something like this would be an interest?

Not sure if it's your guys schtick but more the merrier if there is a spark? Lol

Yup. Can't have miserable work camp without a sweatshop. And maybe they should get medical attention. So the elites' workers aren't constantly dying out.

Take notes from Dishonored, and other similar genre games. Add in stringent curfews and unbearable taxation along with constant government seizure of medical supplies, food supplies, and luxuries that would otherwise spur the economy forward, thus creating a need for a black market. You could also set in that the government has like a sub level to the city with large amounts of the population enslaved for little to no reason other then cheap labor. Just suggestions. My interest is mildly piqued by @Masks of Ayn 's suggestion.

Also take reference notes from V for Vendetta. Add massive unneeded quarantine zones, Separating the rich from the poor.

I agree, when skimming the surface of the plot ideas it was noted in my delusional brain as an epic standby to a gateway of epicness.

-> Translation: This looks epic, I love the plot ideas, I would join.

Alright, SO, here's a kind of a run-down of the RP this far.

Corrupted government that brainwashes the people into conforming, having children be send away at the age of 8 to a boarding school to get 'educated and desensitized'. The government's incredibly controlling over the population, making any and all choices for them, whether it be from employment to curfews, et cetera et cetera. If desensitization fails, that person's shipped off to a work camp to labor in a factory, mine, or, in some cases where the person isn't quite on the government's good side, used for experimentation in place of animals. Constant surveillance serves as eyes everywhere.

Those who live in slums are also forced to work alongside the people who are unable to be desensitized. Money's practically a golden ticket to being an elite under this government, but money doesn't quite circulate. The wealthy buy their way into having a say in the government - however, they'd never dare speak out against the leader. (By the way, still not entirely sure what to call this 'head of government'.) Money doesn't truly get circulated though the system either, so those who aren't born into wealth do not achieve it.

There are a few of the elites who don't agree with the system. They were never fully desensitized - because of their wealth, they were able to skip boarding school altogether and be granted an elite job.

A rebellion arose, yada yada, the leader was killed, and many of the rebels were slaughtered.

I'm not entirely sure on what happens to those who are desensitized, but aren't wealthy. Should they get an elite job as well, or a middle-class-ish one?

Please let me know if I forgot anything! I'm pretty sure I have.

Looks like you got it all dude! Sounds great. Those who are desensitized but not wealthy....I say maybe like upper class lackey's to the elites? Like sure, they've been brainwashed but they still come from the slums by birth. And the experimentation bought up an idea. Maybe sometimes, those who are experimented on can end up with this mad scientist who instead of experimenting drugs on them, tries to mutate them instead. Just saying, And as for the name hmmmmm....dunno. I suck at naming stuff.

@Aster Sapphire, I was thinking about that! Maybe having that be the reason behind some not being able to be desensitized and those who were able to evade the government and whatnot.

And, I'm terrible at naming stuff, too.

Right. Only I was thinking that this was like...monster mutations. Like he makes them into little Hulks and stuff. However if that were the reason that some people can't be desensitized, it would have to occur before the process, you know? Because the experimentation is what's done as a punishment after they can't be brainwashed. Does that make sense?

And I see your 9 point font size sentence don't try to hide it. xD . The inability to name stuff is something many of us suffer from, wear with pride. Me personally? I would come up with something like, "Untouchables" but that's just me .

Haha, yes. And yeah, I see what you're saying with the desensitization. I was thinking backwards. OH, MAYBE there could be some scientists who don't agree with the government, since I believe they would be considered 'elite', and would maybe research how some of these people were able to resist getting desensitized? And try to sensitize the desensitized again?

I'm spouting ideas, hah.

They'd be in cahoots with the rebels, then.

Hmmm... names I'm terrible at on the fly.... but maybe the tyrant isn't known be his actual name? Maybe he has an old war name/alias he was given? Something cold, chilling?

Almost like his real name would be taboo to speak? (Like voldemort xD lol)

Uhm, also with the whole desensitizing what would come than for those who are older? I love how 8yr olds for when they go and if they don't conform, it leads to kids growing up angrily and with more hatred toward the goverment.

How could some of those kids become apart of the rebellion? Escape is obvious but not all would make it, especially in post rebellion leader death. The government would have an advantage and have a paranoid sense of urgency.

Maybe some of the teachers disagree with the government secretly and helps secretly bypass the system to make some of the kids-- who originally would have to be sent to the work force and sweat shops, et cetera-- who aren't "desensitized" pass and they go off to begin a "normal life", which to other adults these kids stand out (in some way, maybe the passing rates have differect colors that the rebellion used as a code. Like Green is a completely desensitized and conformed child but Blue is the children they passed through, and they only told the government it was their skill grade for normal life?) And they get them involved, if they want?

The scientist idea is awesome where they study and try to learn why they aren't desensitized. These being the govrrnment scientists. Hmm... (I would insert more to piggy back but all that's came to mind right now is Elfin Lied)

with the elite scientists who are trying to sensitized again than desensitize and repeat, maybe they investigate some people's records and resensitize them purely for the purpose to join the rebellion??

Just some inner concept ideas, I suppose

I think the teacher idea could work with some tinkering. If the kids can't be desensitized they don't go to the school. The teachers don't have much of a hand in that. Any kid that ends up with them, is only there because their brains have been wiped. I'm not saying that the teacher can't be against the governent but if they were, I'm not sure what they'd be able to accomplish. It wouldn't be easy to re-teach a bunch of brainwashed kids about the truth about society without getting caught eventually. But that's just me.

[QUOTE="Llane Wrynn]If there is still space available, I'd be interested in joining.

[/QUOTE]
Hop on in. c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back