• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [ R W B Y ] ideas (full)

Elysium

Nuts
I love rwby, and I've been in a few rps that have either died or slowed to a complete standstill. I'd like to create a new one, but I have multiple ideas, each somewhat fleshed out, and is like to create an rp around them that doesn't get sluggish due to same shit/different to.

1. Human/Faunus civil war - basically, we toss canon out the window, for the most part, and instead of some shadowy organization controlling Grimm to stir the shit, we take the white fang extremists and make them more extreme. I have a feeling that this could make for some complex, fun interactions with human and Faunus characters, as the war gets progressively more deadly, while the students are just trying to be kids.

2. Normal Rwby plot - aforementioned shadowy organization controlling Grimm cause the world to go to hell, similar to the canon show plot. There won't be a Salem or the other canonical baddies, due to little/no information on them, so we'd just make our own.

3. Different school - along with the two plotlines above, we don't necessarily have to be beacon students. Obviously we'd have to make some stuff up, but a school is a school. I assume they all have dorms and mess halls and whatnot.

No matter what we'd do, the canon main characters wouldn't exist. I'm not against someone playing a Schnee or a Xiaolong, but Weiss and Yang aren't going to be running around making besties with our characters.

Please feel free ask questions. I want top make an rp that works for every interested party.

Also, should this be a hosted project or a discord rp? I don't have tons on experience with them but I'd have no issue trying them out.

I'd be keen for either of the first two, having the same issue as you with people staying active so as long as you know you can commit to running it I'm interested.

One idea i would suggest is to have the two options together with the civil war being a major arc along with the grimm as clearly they will be a big problem during a war.

For the school beacon is the easiest clearly since a lot is known about it by viewers, but I don't see a reason we couldn't use our imagination. If the civil war stuff happens the location will greatly effect human and faunus characters in and out of school.

To make a hosted project I think you need to meet a lot of requirements, for a normal rwby rp I doubt you could get it.

I'd be keen for either of the first two, having the same issue as you with people staying active so as long as you know you can commit to running it I'm interested.

One idea i would suggest is to have the two options together with the civil war being a major arc along with the grimm as clearly they will be a big problem during a war.

For the school beacon is the easiest clearly since a lot is known about it by viewers, but I don't see a reason we couldn't use our imagination. If the civil war stuff happens the location will greatly effect human and faunus characters in and out of school.

To make a hosted project I think you need to meet a lot of requirements, for a normal rwby rp I doubt you could get it.

Fair enough about the hosted project bit.

I could kind of combine the plotlines. I would just put more emphasis on the civil war for a while. Could be a fun twist.

I'm interested, but further than that I have to agree that combining the two plots would be a good idea. This in that the Grimm throughout the show itself are a big threat but internal conflicts tend to drum up more of the action, for example if the idea of the Fauness and Human civil war went through, then the Grimm could be a third party that is dragged through the conflict. But that's just my opinion on it.

I am slightly curious though for my own mindset, how many members are you looking to have for this? Just one team or are you wanting to have more than just that, since I know it's harder to come across people who are dedicated to a rp for the long run.

GLORY TO THE FAUNUS! URAAAA!
You have my vote Elysium Elysium

Well hello again.

I'm interested, but further than that I have to agree that combining the two plots would be a good idea. This in that the Grimm throughout the show itself are a big threat but internal conflicts tend to drum up more of the action, for example if the idea of the Fauness and Human civil war went through, then the Grimm could be a third party that is dragged through the conflict. But that's just my opinion on it.

I am slightly curious though for my own mindset, how many members are you looking to have for this? Just one team or are you wanting to have more than just that, since I know it's harder to come across people who are dedicated to a rp for the long run.

It'll probably end up being current walking dead esque in the fact that the main enemies (walkers and Grimm) are no longer the main threat. Now it's each other.

Idk. Not a ton. A couple teams worth, and maybe two or three bad guys. Haven't decided on playing baddies yet. How many do you think would be ideal?

I think your ideal amount currently would work excellently, I was just asking to try to get a scale of characters. I believe this can work nicely as long as we get a good bit of people wrapped up in this all. ^_^

I think your ideal amount currently would work excellently, I was just asking to try to get a scale of characters. I believe this can work nicely as long as we get a good bit of people wrapped up in this all. ^_^

Thanks. I was thinking three student teams, of different years, and a few baddies if I decide not to make them npcs. Max.

Man, it has been a while since I've hopped on a RWBY rp, guess I get to stretch muh typing bones.

Here's the cs for you guys. I'll have a thread up tonight or tomorrow. Idc how you guys code or format the cs as long as it has all the points listed below. Just pm the completed characters to me. The only characters I want in the cs thread are accepted ones, when it's up.

(Appearance)

Name

Country of Origin

Physique
(Brief description of height and weight, as well as other things that may not come across in Your pic)

Race

Team
(Leave blank atm)

Year
(1-3)

Motivation

(Why become a huntsman?)

Personality

Semblance

Weaponry and Armor

Other
(Anything that didn't fit anywhere else. Delete if unneeded)
Feel free to ask me questions. I'm all about that shit. I'm playing a third year, so if any future older students want to create some history, hit me up.

As someone that has an interest of what the lore of RWBY has to offer, I'd have to say that I'm interested in this. Time to come up with a character. Hopefully I'll be able to juggle my other stuff with this.

Yo, just an update. Building threads now, But we're still a few short. We've got eight peeps, which is enough for two teams, but my ideal number would be 3-4 teams for diversity of character and player. So if you got someone you'd like to invite, this is the perfect time :) I'll post up links to threads asap.

Remember to pm your characters to me before stabbing them in the character thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back