• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Unova (Roleplay Thread)

Date: July 9th, 12:30.
Character: Alexis.

She was unaware of the stranger who was on their way to her location, and instead continued to attempt to contact the spirits. Her Umbreon seemed to get distracted by... Something and began running around in circles, akin to a dog chasing it's tail. Alexis, on the other hand, focused. Unfortunately, as the spirits laughed at her pitiful attempt to get help, her lost, confused aura turned to one of sadness, and she sighed, sitting down on the ground with a dejected whimper. "I... Thought you would be of guidance... I'm... A lost wanderer in this world... I have no purpose... I... Only ask for guidance in this world."

She spoke, her voice wavering, as if she were about to crack. Fortunately, her Umbreon noticed and so instead decided to nuzzle up to her, trying to comfort her. As Reggie arrived, she didn't even notice his presence, her aura-related abilities being all out of wack due to her own emotions getting in the way. As the spirits went silent, she grew concerned, pulling up her hood and almost cowering. She didn't even hear him the first time, and only noticed his presence when he squealed and became frightened by her Umbreon, who arched it's back and growled at him, trying to protect it's trainer.

Alexis sighed and put a hand on Allure's back, trying to calm the dark type. She stood up and brushed herself off, trying to maintain composure. "W-who are y-you? I-if you've c-come to ask the spirits for g-guidance, t-they're n-not b-being very helpful. T-they... Refuse to speak to me..." She stuttered, her voice again close to breaking, yet she somehow found the strength to continue. "Y-you... Shouldn't be a-afraid of Allure h-here... S-she w-wouldn't kill a man if h-her life depended on it. Y-you sh-should worry a-about the... O-other spirits..." She continued, trying to hide her face as much as possible. Whether it was from shame, fear, or general lack of social ability, she certainly struggled to convey her thoughts.

Reginald Valerias1715386252424.png
Date: July 9
Interactions: Alexis
Mentions: N/A
Frostecs_Lianuac Frostecs_Lianuac
WCS Rank: 60,082

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna
Legion the Basculegion (red)

When Reggie first saw the woman, she looked absolutely dejected from something. The Umbreon hissing at him did nothing to quell his fear of the Dark-Type, but they did evolve through having a good friendship with their trainer. Which meant they were obviously going to be protective.

Trying to keep his composure as Alexis spoke, his eyes widened as she gave him some key pieces of information. He put a finger on his chin, tapping it idly as he began to think. Her attempts to assuage his fears about the Umbreon didn't really work as planned, as she had a strange emphasis to 'kill a man' that made his skin crawl. Still, he cleared his throat to try again.

"Sorry for spookin' ya. I'm Reginald Valerias, but you can just call me Reggie." He smiled, bowing with an arm over his stomach and leaning forward. Even his Haunter bowed in a similar fashion, his body glittering in the light and his tongue a shiny blue instead of red. "This is my partner, Emeric the Haunter. My parents are the leading experts of the supernatural - both Ghost-Type Pokemon and legitimate spirits - within the Unova region. I'm here because my landlady suspects one of the Ghost-Type Pokemon that were living in the home she's likely gonna sell to me is in this area. She wants me to make sure it's not going to cause too much of a ruckus outside of its home." The Valerias family was very well known around the Unova region depending on what niche or circle you found yourself in. They were seen as the quellers of spirits and exorcisers of malignant entities.

Once the introductions were down, he continued. "Now, if you're too frightened to, you don't need to tell me your name. You mentioned the spirits refuse to speak to you. Did you see anything? How did you try and communicate with them?" His tone was calm, intonation just slow enough where he's not bombarding her with questions or sounding demanding, but not so slow where she's patronizing her, hoping to calm her down enough to speak further.

Date: July 9th.
Character: Alexis.

After introducing himself, Alexis took a few moments of silence, processing his words in her head, and trying to regain composure. She attempted to calm herself, and only managed to do so after great difficulty. It didn't take a psychic to realize she was not just awful with people, but generally felt uncomfortable around other people. However, despite her difficulties, she managed to choke out her own name. "A-Alexis... Alexis V-von Lichester... I-I... Don't worry about it. I'm... Not good around people." Based on her title, she was possibly an important person, and if Reggie knew anything about history, her surname might prove familiar, once being of a long line of psychics that eventually just vanished from the history books. Until now. The appearance of a Von Lichester after her bloodline was thought to have died off was certainly peculiar.

"A-ahh... M-my family was... Also affiliated with spirits... I-I... Am the last of my line... I-I have a great affinity with... What you'd call the supernatural... It's my specialty, actually..." She spoke in a quiet voice. Once her Umbreon was certain that Reggie wasn't of any harm, she decided to nuzzle up next to the psychic. As a support animal, it's only natural for her to try and help sooth the frazzled nerves of her trainer. "I... Can't say I've heard of anything so far... If there was a dangerous spirit around, it c-certainly hasn't bothered me. G-granted... I've only started on my journey recently." She spoke, very slowly calming down. At least she wasn't so defensive now. "She comes from a very sheltered... Umm... Household, yep! She was only allowed to go on her journey a few months ago!" The Umbreon spoke, using a form of area telepathy to project her thoughts to the beings around her, rather than a specific person.

Once asked why she was trying to commune with the spirits, Alexis froze, as if shocked that such a question would be asked. Once the initial shock passed, she sighed as she shakily stood up, brushing off her robes. "
I was... Seeking guidance, from the... Departed... I've felt... Lost... Directionless... I was... Hoping the spirits would be able to guide me, as they sometimes do..." She spoke quietly. Once she was stood and a better look could be seen from her, her pendant was truly something special, as were the markings on her robes. Perhaps she was part of some sort of secret religious sect, or a hidden group? It was certainly a sensitive topic, as once she realized her pendant was in full view, she gasped quietly and quickly hid it underneath her robes as if scared to show it. "Err... Ahh, right... Communication... I... Attempted to channel the spirits, using a ritual that's been in my family for... Generations... Typically, it... Works... The spirits usually at least have the courtesy to... Listen to us... But not now... They... Refused entirely..."

Reginald Valerias1715476356766.png
Date: July 9
Interactions: Alexis
Mentions: N/A
Frostecs_Lianuac Frostecs_Lianuac
WCS Rank: 60,082

Pokemon Team:
Gordon the Primeape
Emeric the Shiny Haunter
Bob the Shedinja
Large Marge the Drifblim
Elvira the Munna
Legion the Basculegion (red)

Was she okay? This woman seemed very... troubled. She finally said her name her last name sounded quite familiar. Alexis von Lichester...

He swore he heard about his parents talking about that specific family... From what he could remember, the Lichesters were a well known psychic family who also had their interests in the supernatural.

Apparently, she wasn't good around people, that comment having Reggie make an amused sort of concerned smile her way. He was patient with her, listening as to her connection with the supernatural and the spiritual. He slightly bristled unconsciously as he heard another voice speak, only to realize it was the Umbreon. He looked very confused. A Dark-Type? Using telepathy? He has heard of some Dark-Types doing this, but not Umbreon... Then again, it evolved from an Eevee, who are notorious for having strange genetic weirdness. It was likely this Umbreon evolved with the ability to telepathize, especially given the spiritual start these two had.

It was weird that she didn't get answered by her spirits, and that she didn't sense anything or know of an evil spirit. He hummed, seeing the patterns on her robes and the pendant. He swore he's seen something like this before. But, it was hidden away before he could focus more on it, so he let it go.
"If they refuse, it's likely because there is a malignant entity nearby or a Ghost-Type Pokemon preventing you from gaining their insight. Most Ghost-Type Pokemon can control lost spirits or keep more benevolent spirits from helping others, while also empowering themselves and other evil entities. I don't think it has anything against you. If you weren't able to gain insight, then that means..." He paused as he looked at the Celestial Tower. Standing firmly in place, he placed out his hand and took in a deep breath. When he called out, his Haunter shuddered at the power of his words. To anybody else, they wouldn't see anything, but to anybody who was sensitive to the supernatural, they'd see a strange invisible wave distorting the air around Reggie's hand, causing a stir in the spiritual world and Ghost-Types.

"Spirits of this resting place, heed my words." He paused, feeling out for anything. This usually caused a reaction, but there was none, which was incredibly odd given it was a gravesite. "Guide me to thine strength."

A visible purple mist enshrouded the Celestial Tower as something chortled within, sounding as if it were gloating. Reggie opened his eyes and saw the change. Though, he didn't seem all that startled or shocked, just determined.

"Alexis, this is a gravesite. Normally, when I call upon the spirits here as it is a wonderful training spot for my spiritual training, they should've acted. If they didn't act, it means that there's a strong Ghost-Type here preventing them from reacting and using them for power. I need to save these spirits, as they are being enslaved by this Ghost-Type." He looked back at her, then at her Umbreon. "While I do have an irrational fear of Dark-Types, I'm still of sound mind to know that you and your Dark-Type are going to be extremely helpful with the taming of this Ghost-Type. Would you like to help?" He asked, his expression going from his usual happy-go-lucky and calm expression to one of serious determination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back