News & Updates Patch Notes (2-5-22)

Hey All,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the fact that I did not send out an alert today or even several weeks in advance like we normally do in-regards to big changes. As most, if not all of you have noticed, the site themes (for both Light and Dark) got a major overhaul today. In the past, we mentioned that the current site themes were falling apart. These were preventing us to do major site upgrades in relation to the software and addons. This means that the old styles had to go which were in the way of 7 months of updates that needed to happen. While doing my best to fix and work on stuff that didn't require any major upgrades, I bumped into issues that required a board software upgrade finally and it wasn't something that could wait a few days or weeks to properly alert everyone.

As some of you know, we don't create the base of our styles, but we heavily edit them to make them feel like RpN. I picked a new light and dark from a reputable author so we could move forward. I've spent the afternoon processing feedback, fixing colors, restoring our textures and basically making the dark theme feel as close as it should as possible to a proper RpN Dark Theme.

In the coming weeks, we will be making some updates that include public roadmaps (Kanban boards) and other goodies that will let the community at a glance what needs to happen on any given point on the site. Our own unique styles should be finished around the Summertime, which will allow users to color the site on their own and a couple of other enhancements.

Again thank you all for your patience and keep that feedback coming. Ya'll make this worth it <3

Oh! Yes, that bothered me too, so I pestered asked them to darken the background color of the unread alerts. In dark mode it's much closer to black, while read alerts are a lighter gray (in light mode, the unread alerts are darker and bluer than the read ones). Also, there's a blue bar on the left side of unread alerts, and a gold star on them as well, but for me, I found it much easier to differentiate when the whole alert was a different shade.
I’ve gotten how many messages/PMs all night, but of course none now 😂 but I honestly haven’t noticed anything different in the PMs dropdown thingy for unreads to reads. Are the gold stars in the alerts drop down supposed to go away after they’re read? Because they don’t disappear for me (which is fine… unless they’re meant to go away haha).

Update: I can see the blue bar to the left in the PMs menu! There isn’t any possible way the titles could be molded like they used to be, is there? Totally totally understand if not.

I’ve gotten how many messages/PMs all night, but of course none now 😂 but I honestly haven’t noticed anything different in the PMs dropdown thingy for unreads to reads. Are the gold stars in the alerts drop down supposed to go away after they’re read? Because they don’t disappear for me (which is fine… unless they’re meant to go away haha).
I think those are time-based? They were there in the old style too, I just stopped paying attention to them because they didn't go away after I read the message.

Update: I can see the blue bar to the left in the PMs menu! There isn’t any possible way the titles could be molded like they used to be, is there? Totally totally understand if not.
I'll add this to the list and see if it can be done.

EDIT:
Mobius Mobius
In Dark mode at least, unread PMs in your PM list should be bolded and in blue. Is that the case for you?

I'll add this to the list and see if it can be done.

EDIT:
Mobius Mobius
In Dark mode at least, unread PMs in your PM list should be bolded and in blue. Is that the case for you?
They’re not bolded. There’s just a blue line on the left of new messages. Aside from that they’re no different to read PMs.

This all looks amazing! I'm curious, though: will the option to move the sidebar to the left return? Or is that option no longer available?

not gonna lie I kinda hate it. I understand why and do appreciate the work but it just feels worse to me.

This all looks amazing! I'm curious, though: will the option to move the sidebar to the left return? Or is that option no longer available?
Ah, that option is no longer available.

That was just a convenient feature provided by our last framework, I'll see what can be done :).

not gonna lie I kinda hate it. I understand why and do appreciate the work but it just feels worse to me.

Anything in particular you dislike? So we can see if its addressable :)

I have noticed that the button to see the latest posts has disappeared, at least on mobile.

That was just a convenient feature provided by our last framework, I'll see what can be done :).
No worries if it cant. I appreciate the effort you and the others who helped put into making the site better. I'll just have to retrain myself from not looking to the left 🤣🤣

Anything in particular you dislike? So we can see if its addressable :)
Ngl this was a heat of the moment post so now I feel a little bad. Honestly though it's purely cosmetic issues I mainly use dark theme but the old dark theme had a slight blue in it at least to me that made it still feel like rpn and had a good look this just feels a little generic but the ui is just something I'll have to get used too. I think I really only don't like it cause I haven't gotten used to it and change makes monkey brain mad.

Do you mean the lightning bolt?

Yes, I do

From what it looks like it seems this is still available via the left sidebar when opened on mobile. (Adding a screenshot for clarity) However unavailable through the hotkeys on the upper bar usually. If I may make a suggestion it might be more worth it to hold that hot key than the quick swap from rpn light to rpn dark since most typically just chose one or the other and stick to it.

D29C37D6-4C5F-4472-B11B-482C0359C96F.png

Yes, I do
Try now.

Ngl this was a heat of the moment post so now I feel a little bad. Honestly though it's purely cosmetic issues I mainly use dark theme but the old dark theme had a slight blue in it at least to me that made it still feel like rpn and had a good look this just feels a little generic but the ui is just something I'll have to get used too. I think I really only don't like it cause I haven't gotten used to it and change makes monkey brain mad.

Understandable!

The old theme was mostly edited by me to be just like several shades of blue and nothing else (except gray for text). In the future, we will have a mostly blue theme again but also other pastel shades, the ability for users to color the site themselves, etc. I hope you end up giving it a shot though!

From what it looks like it seems this is still available via the left sidebar when opened on mobile. (Adding a screenshot for clarity) However unavailable through the hotkeys on the upper bar usually. If I may make a suggestion it might be more worth it to hold that hot key than the quick swap from rpn light to rpn dark since most typically just chose one or the other and stick to it.

View attachment 955141

It's back next to the other icons.

Awww! I really miss the blue. It was astheticly pleasing and I feel like a piece of home on the internet is gone now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back