• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Partner Search - Longer Term Preferred

KamiKahzy

Tectonic Nomad
Supporter
Hey everyone! Please don't be intimidated, just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't like to roleplay. :)

So given my time constraints IRL I've found that I can't really keep up with big group RP's, much as I'd like to try. 1x1's seem to work out better in the long run for me, so here I am!

Couple of things to start off with in terms of my expectations/desires for an RP partner.
  1. I'm a mod, which means of course I'll be enforcing the RPN rules within the story. Comes with the territory, you understand. :P
  2. If you lose interest or need to drop the RP for any reason, please let me know. I won't be upset, I promise!
  3. I prefer longer posts, but I get that sometimes you can't really manage it due to fatigue or lack of inspiration. I feel one paragraph minimum is usually enough to keep things moving.
  4. My work schedule can be nutty at times, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post everyday. There might even be times where I won't be able to log in to RPN for an entire week. I'll do my best to warn you if I expect those times will come up, but the bottom line is that I may or may not be able to post regularly. If you're looking for someone to post multiple times a day then I recommend you look elsewhere.
  5. Be creative! I've read many stories and participated in many RP's so I've witnessed nearly every trope that exists in one form or another. I don't expect you to break the mold with every post, but it is a personal pet peeve when I witness a character that is an obvious trope with no other thought put into their personality. As long as there's reasoning and purpose behind your ideas then I guarantee I'll support them. And probably even get inspired by them!
  6. Be experienced. I don't necessarily mean that you need to be a seasoned player or published author, but I've been around long enough to know a rookie RPer from a veteran. I'm forgiving of a certain number of things, but there are a lot of tropes and trends that rookies usually fall into that I just don't find enjoyable. But please don't let that stop you from applying, I will let you know if you're the kind of player I'm looking to RP with.
And that's about it! As for content, I don't have any particular cravings right now and I'm open to many, many genres. The one thing I tend to shy away from are Anime series simply because I don't know enough about them to feel competent in the lore. I know the tropes but not the individual stories, at least beyond the surface details. I don't mind doing a Fandom setting from a game or book series that I'm familiar with, but I don't like to play as established characters within that setting. I'm OC all the way, and I find it's more fun if I and my RP partner are carving out our own story in those Fandom settings. Beyond that I'm completely open to suggestions!

Some of the genre's I've played before include (but are not limited to):
  • Sci-Fi
  • High/Low Fantasy
  • Alternate Reality/History
  • Steampunk
  • Western/Weird West
  • Victorian
  • Pirates
  • Horror
  • Supernatural
  • Superpowers
  • Mystery
  • Post Apocalyptic
  • Dystopia
  • Gods/Pantheons
To give you an idea of some of the fandoms I personally found fun to RP in:
  • Pokémon
  • Mass Effect
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Witcher (Still playing through the series, don't know much yet but it's fun as heck)
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Borderlands
  • Shadowrun
As for me and my skills, I tend to be a more detailed writer that puts emphasis on the setting and the character's reason for existing within that setting. I like drama, I like conflict, but most of all I like it when things make sense. I've often been told my characters are highly lifelike, memorable and believable, and I like to think that's because I put effort into finding a niche for them and giving them the proper personality and personal history for that niche. I can't promise my posts will always be flavored with flowery descriptions of what's happening, but I can promise that the situations the characters find themselves in will be dramatic, funny, intriguing, inspiring or heart wrenching, but never boring or repetitive. I pride myself on making a story and its characters work, and that is the level of involvement I can personally promise to you.

So all that being said, hit me with your suggestions! Throw me an original setting idea you've been dying to try out. Or maybe you just really want to try this one fandom, I'm open to anything. Romance, Adventure, Combat, Mystery, Base/Nation Building, whatever. I'm able to find inspiration in almost anything, so as long as you seem detailed and motivated I'll likely be interested in whatever story you have to pitch. Examples of your work aren't necessary but are appreciated, though I do reserve the right to ask for a sample if I'm unsure of your skill.

Feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM. I await your proposals with bated breath!

Last edited:
Hey! I would be interested in RP:ing :) The only fandom I know out of these is Pokémon, though :P But maybe we can figure something out together ^^

Since it's been quite a while, I went back and read through the RPN rules just now. ...Wait we're not supposed to write about gore? I know I've broken that one, and for sure my settings have made others do the same. Hell, one of my classic stories had a player's child character shoving arrows down the throat of a wild boar that had just gored him against a tree and his *censored* were *censored*, and despite the best efforts of the other characters the poor kid ended up bleeding out in his third post. The writing was beautiful and traumatizing! That's against RPN rules?

Ahem... I will attempt to censor my violent writing tendencies in the future.

And throwing that completely out the window, I think I have a couple of settings and stories you might enjoy. But first, could you tell what kinds of preferences you have for the characters you write? For example: Do you write only male or female characters? Age range? Child characters? Elderly? Do you actively push for romance or avoid it? Do you play on character or multiple? Do you self-insert or grow overly attached to characters you write?

Basically just trying to get an idea of who you write, since you've told me what you can write.

Hey! I would be interested in RP:ing :) The only fandom I know out of these is Pokémon, though :P But maybe we can figure something out together ^^
I'm thankful for your enthusiasm, however based off your post history and the level of grammar I'm seeing I don't think I can start an RP with you. I'm sorry, but I hope you find an RP or a partner that works for you!

Hey everyone! Please don't be intimidated, just because I'm a mod doesn't mean I don't like to roleplay. :)

So given my time constraints IRL I've found that I can't really keep up with big group RP's, much as I'd like to try. 1x1's seem to work out better in the long run for me, so here I am!

Couple of things to start off with in terms of my expectations/desires for an RP partner.
  1. I'm a mod, which means of course I'll be enforcing the RPN rules within the story. Comes with the territory, you understand. :P
  2. If you lose interest or need to drop the RP for any reason, please let me know. I won't be upset, I promise!
  3. I prefer longer posts, but I get that sometimes you can't really manage it due to fatigue or lack of inspiration. I feel one paragraph minimum is usually enough to keep things moving.
  4. My work schedule can be nutty at times, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to post everyday. There might even be times where I won't be able to log in to RPN for an entire week. I'll do my best to warn you if I expect those times will come up, but the bottom line is that I may or may not be able to post regularly. If you're looking for someone to post multiple times a day then I recommend you look elsewhere.
  5. Be creative! I've read many stories and participated in many RP's so I've witnessed nearly every trope that exists in one form or another. I don't expect you to break the mold with every post, but it is a personal pet peeve when I witness a character that is an obvious trope with no other thought put into their personality. As long as there's reasoning and purpose behind your ideas then I guarantee I'll support them. And probably even get inspired by them!
  6. Be experienced. I don't necessarily mean that you need to be a seasoned player or published author, but I've been around long enough to know a rookie RPer from a veteran. I'm forgiving of a certain number of things, but there are a lot of tropes and trends that rookies usually fall into that I just don't find enjoyable. But please don't let that stop you from applying, I will let you know if you're the kind of player I'm looking to RP with.
And that's about it! As for content, I don't have any particular cravings right now and I'm open to many, many genres. The one thing I tend to shy away from are Anime series simply because I don't know enough about them to feel competent in the lore. I know the tropes but not the individual stories, at least beyond the surface details. I don't mind doing a Fandom setting from a game or book series that I'm familiar with, but I don't like to play as established characters within that setting. I'm OC all the way, and I find it's more fun if I and my RP partner are carving out our own story in those Fandom settings. Beyond that I'm completely open to suggestions!

Some of the genre's I've played before include (but are not limited to):
  • Sci-Fi
  • High/Low Fantasy
  • Alternate Reality/History
  • Steampunk
  • Western/Weird West
  • Victorian
  • Pirates
  • Horror
  • Supernatural
  • Superpowers
  • Mystery
  • Post Apocalyptic
  • Dystopia
  • Gods/Pantheons
To give you an idea of some of the fandoms I personally found fun to RP in:
  • Pokémon
  • Mass Effect
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Fallout
  • Witcher (Still playing through the series, don't know much yet but it's fun as heck)
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Borderlands
  • Shadowrun
As for me and my skills, I tend to be a more detailed writer that puts emphasis on the setting and the character's reason for existing within that setting. I like drama, I like conflict, but most of all I like it when things make sense. I've often been told my characters are highly lifelike, memorable and believable, and I like to think that's because I put effort into finding a niche for them and giving them the proper personality and personal history for that niche. I can't promise my posts will always be flavored with flowery descriptions of what's happening, but I can promise that the situations the characters find themselves in will be dramatic, funny, intriguing, inspiring or heart wrenching, but never boring or repetitive. I pride myself on making a story and its characters work, and that is the level of involvement I can personally promise to you.

So all that being said, hit me with your suggestions! Throw me an original setting idea you've been dying to try out. Or maybe you just really want to try this one fandom, I'm open to anything. Romance, Adventure, Combat, Mystery, Base/Nation Building, whatever. I'm able to find inspiration in almost anything, so as long as you seem detailed and motivated I'll likely be interested in whatever story you have to pitch. Examples of your work aren't necessary but are appreciated, though I do reserve the right to ask for a sample if I'm unsure of your skill.

Feel free to reply here or shoot me a PM. I await your proposals with bated breath!
I’ll be down for Witcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Back