[Occam's Razor] [Occam's Razor] Occam's Razor: The Colorado Incident

Jace was obviously annoyed at being 'riled up' and then told the fun had already ended. But as he looked the woman in front of him over, he allowed a smirk to drag itself up one side of his lips. "You some sort of... mortician or something?" He'd eye over her clothing and then looked back to what she was doing. She wasn't just intrigued by the dead creature. It seemed she was trying to see something in or about it that Jace could not. "Or-... Are you a scientist?" His eyes trailed over her clothing, noting he had seen the same sort of clothes on those dead bodies that had all of those keys and the ones who had busted, bent, or unusable-looking keycards on them. He had asked his question with a few shaky steps over away from the creature. "Either way, mind pointing me in the direction of that central control room?" He'd ask not really bothering to wait for an answer. "If you can't that's okay." He'd give a light chuckle, remembering the same panel beside of the armory's door. His feet already moving to go back up the steps he had just came down from as he re-tightened the towel around his waist. And so he'd merely set his sights on that device. "I'll find it, no worries... Wouldn't want to take you from your... interests?" He'd almost snort at the thought of that, lowering the gate on the lift and prepared to hit the lift's control to go up back into the armory. "Though I've got to admit-" He'd say as he closed the lift's gate. "...The way you're looking at that thing seems like you have some kind of personal feelings for it. Wouldn't want to be a third wheel."

The noise was so loud that it shook her from her slumber, and as she looked around and tried to get a hold of the situation she was shot out of the pod and nearly face-planted on the floor. Down on her hands and knees, she paused for a moment before she began to throw up uncontrollably. She tried to gather herself, but as soon as she thought she was done, she threw up again.

After purging her stomach, she dry-heaved a few times, and then her arms gave out on her and she fell to her side and groaned in pain. She felt weak, like all the life had been sapped from her body, like she didn't know how to operate her own body, and she was generally shaken by the condition she was in. "What the fuck!" she thought as she dry-heaved once more and laid there trying to get ahold of herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malcom sighed, nodding at Alexander.

"Yeah... Go ahead Captain..." He replied, emotion gone from his voice.

Malcom moved away from the scene, nodding to Nidelia quietly, he went down the military wing himself, and looked at each of the dead personel one at a time. He went to lockers, and used the override in his remote to open them.

Malcom then said down the hall, "Captain, When your done there, Collect any gear you can from these, There's an armory... Nidelia will show you the way, She's our on Staff Doctor. Collect everything you can, and take them back to the armory."

He paused, looking over his remote, he pulled up the map, and tapped a point on the map, Sealing Central Control and the doors that made their way to it. He locked down the bulkhead around it, shutting out the vents and any other entryways.

He muttered, "Need to start... locking doors... we cant detect the monsters anymore..."

Malcom made sure all the different doors throughout the complex would close, and open when the door switch beside them was thrown. Then he went back to his work, Collecting dog tags. He went from one locker to the next, finding a few empty, others with all the contents within, all he took were the tags. The living, he left behind, few that there were. He was in no rush to bring anyone else into hell.

Malcom had paused when a cryo tube opened up, He stepped back, when it's Occupant came out, he snorted and said, mainly to see what would happen, "Officer On Deck." He stood there, a couple of the dog tags around his neck already that he had collected, but there were still others he knew he had to go collect. 
((And Resume))

Nadia had heard the voice of someone, a man, and she looked up to see him standing nearby with a neck full of dog tags. "Just what the hell was going on?" she thought as she tried to speak. Her voice cracked a bit and sounded a bit raspy. "Wha-What's...going," she was interrupted by a short dry-heave, "what's going on?" she managed to eek out in a voice that you would expect to hear from someone with the flu and a stuffy nose.

She started to slowly pick herself up, still feeling pretty weak, but definitely a lot better than a while ago.

Malcom saw no reaction so he stepped over to the woman and knelt down by her.

"Relax, your coming out of Cryo-Stasis, things might be a bit fuzzy at first, What's your name and rank Soldier?" He asked her.

He looked her over, he'd already guessed she was military. He took a moment to give her room to breath before offering his hand to help her up.

((Painfully short, my hands... whyyy))

Nadia sat there for a moment catching her breath, she was still a little shaken up. Cryo-stasis, that's right. I was apart of that. Get your shirt together, Nadia. She reached out to the hand, "The names Army Ranger Sergeant Nadia Turner." As she was helped to her feet, she looked the man up and down, quickly analyzing that he was also military of some kind. "Same question goes to you..." she strained a bit to talk as she used him for support.

He seemed a bit younger than her, maybe by just a year or two tho, and as she saw that he was sully dressed she looked down and noticed that she was basically wearing a full-body dry fit. She forgot exactly what they had called them but a dry fit is a dry fit to her, and as she got her legs under herself a bit she real eased her grip on the guy. Taking a weary look around the room, she didn't like anything that was there to look at, and then she brought her eyes back to his. "How many are alive?" she may not have actually been given the title of Staff Sergeant, but she had definitely prepared herself to reach that goal before all of this.

Her voice had almost returned to normal as she looked around, locating her locker, and slowly and shakily walking toward it. She wasn't going to allow herself to be seen as weak, even under these circumstances. She was a ranger, and even in this situation she had to be tough and overcome whatever the situation was.

Standing up, Malcom sighed, and replied to the question of who he was first, "Maj-" He paused, remembering his rank, "Luitenant Colonel Malcom Devontess. Welcome back Staff Sergent." He leaned against the adjacent cryo pod, and continued, "Were in the Long Walk Scenario. You, Captain Woods here and myself are the only military members that are up and awake." He rubbed his head, and sighed, "Were in an uncontained situation now... Everything keeps changing, second to second... It's been a damn freak fest since I woke up... We have a number of civilians awake as well..." He left the part out about Jace's social status. Malcom smiled at her bitterly, "Welcome back to the Suck."

Rys eyed what Jace was doing and got in his way of the armory. "I will not tell you where it is or let you back up into the armory without express permission from Lieutenant Colonel Devontess," she says simply and opens her comm. "Lieutenant Colonel Devontess, Jace here wants into the armory or control room. Since he is a mere civilian," she said the word civilian with a hint of disgust. "I told him he needs your permission," she says. She was ready to go into a martial arts stance in case the guy tried anything.

Nidelia followed right after Malcom as she heard the woman be jettisoned. She also let him explain what was going on. Then once he was done she stepped forward and cleared her throat.

"And Malcolm, as acting Doctor I think everyone needs to report to medbay for physical examinations and blood drawings. Two hundred years in cryo could have had effects on our bodies we are not aware of. Our immune systems for starters are very well not functioning properly, which means I will need to give out booster shots," she says looking at him with a stern look.

Alexander nodded, moving to retrieve his bag. To think, he'd woken up less than an hour ago... But that was suspense and combat for you, makes things stretch on forever. He crouched down to collect his Duffel bag, and the shakeable flashlight he'd discarded in all the commotion. He shrugged, giving it a good shake. It was then he heard the Lieutenant Colonel's order.

He heaved himself up, his own collection of tags jingling slightly around his neck, and nodded, having slung the bag over his other shoulder and began sorting through the other lockers contents. He found mostly clothes, fatigues for different environments and boots and the like, though there were a few small arms that could be useful. It seemed not everyone had packed as well as he had. Was he really the only soldier who had planned to be ready for action immediately after the wake-up call?

It was, of course, after he had that thought that he came across a few caches that could be useful. One contained two oldschool Kalashnikov's and a combat shotgun, with clips and boxes of ammunition for both, another contained an M16, a crossbow, and what looked to be an RPG of some sort.

'You're kidding... They let us bring rockets? Why did no one tell me?' Woods thought to himself. Shrugging, he pulled it all out, sticking all but the RPG's ammo into a bag he'd found in a locker. He knew they were supposedly safe until the pin on the nose was pulled, but no way in hell was he risking it. He'd just come back later and retrieve them, or send someone else to... No, best get 'em himself. A civilian would probably end up blowing themselves up.

He kept searching, even after a pod opened up, figuring the Lieutenant Colonel would handle it.

Nadia reached her locker and began to get dressed. "Feels like I'm back in basic, being woken up at a ridiculous hour, groggy from being in a deep sleep, and being forced to remember all the rules and protocols that I'm suppose to run through before I set foot outside to see what the disturbance was all about." she chuckled a bit at the thought as she continued to get dressed. She looked to where the Captain was and saw that he seemed to be preoccupied at the moment, so she decided to make acquaintances with him once he was done...salvaging, from what it looked like from her perspective.

Once dressed she turned back to the Lieutenant, "So we got us 3 and some civs, in a constantly changing and possibly deteriorating situation. Why not? It wouldn't be fun if we didn't wake up to mayhem. Has anyone had a chance to see if any of the staff are alive," she didn't mean to sound so bossy at the moment, but she wanted to grasp the situation as best she could in case she was missing something or he forgot something, "If we're the only 3 military personnel up and awake, then what about the civs, whose with them and where are they? and why a freak fest...clearly, I'm missing something Lieutenant." she stared at him trying to read his face for what it was.

Now that she was dressed and moving she could feel herself coming back to normal. She definitely didn't expect to wake up into a shit storm, but she was trained for this, so it wasn't that big of a deal...or maybe she was underestimating the circumstances. Regardless, she was a Ranger, and she was going to rise to the challenge and surpass it, regardless of the odds.

Malcom glanced to the Staff Sergent, and shrugged, "Scattered here and there. everything is kind of loose at the moment..." The call from Rys came through a moment later. He grunted and sighed, "Rys, I cannot be everywhere at once, Don't poke the bear, Please, Don't poke the goddamn bear! Just move and let him through." He had barely heard when she spoke. He was relaxed and shook his head then said, "In the next 30 minutes, we'll be able to debrief everyone." He waved Nidelia off, "Not right now Nidelia, Stop being a doctor for five minutes and realize the situation that's going on. There is Death, All around us." He turned on her, looking at her incredulously, "This is a military operation. And according to the situation parameters, Medical checkups are nowhere near our current necessity. The moment were able to, We will report to med bay. But right now, at this moment, we need to lock down this facility, and find out exactly what the hell happened here! Now Please, Get to central command and Lock it down before the convict finds his way there and takes over the entire station while were busy getting our checkups!" He couldn't believe she had gone against what he had asked her to do, just based off of emotion. He sighed and looked to Nadia, "Staff Sergent, Would you do me a favor, and make your way down to the good doctor Ry's Position as soon as your recovered enough and see to making sure she doesn't get in the way of the two hundred and fifty pound psychopath that she's just decided to make her biggest enemy." He turned back to Captain Woods, saying, "Captain, when you've gotten all of those weapons gathered up, drop them into..." He tapped his remote, and a cryo chamber opened up. "Into here. Then tap..." He looked at his remote, it showed the locking sequence. "This button here." He tapped the button lightly so he would know where he meant. "When were more organized we'll come back for them." He sighed, he was so tired of rattling off orders.

Nidelia actually looked like she was getting angrier the more he spoke. She didn't respond as she turned on her heel and headed back for central command. No everyone had military training. And she sure as hell hadn't signed up for it! She also hadn't signed up to be the ONLY doctor available.

She let out an audible snarl as she walked, hiding the tears boiling in her eyes. She had helped save their lives with those guns. Leave it to a Military man to not even thank her for it! This made her really not understand her feelings towards him. She always hated military men! She made it back to the hallway leading to the command room. Well great. She really didn't feel like talking to him now. "Hey Mr. Devontess, the door in the hallway is locked and I don't have the permissions to open the door," she says simply. She needed to talk to him about some things. Such as a group.like this wasn't going to follow one mans orders. Something was going to have to be done.

She sighed as she waited rather impatiently.

Rys meanwhile simply nodded, then smiled and wink cheerfully at Jace. "Go on ahead sweetpeach," she says and goes back to the beast and squatting in front of it and looking it over. It was SO fascinating! She couldn't wait to see what was inside. Of course she would want to know how they breed, what made them tick, how to kill them easier than the good Lieutenant Colonel had to.

She beamed as she was obviously in her element and zone.

Jace blinked a few times as the woman boldly stood up in front of him and declared that she alone was going to stop him from walking where he wanted to. "Let me make this clear, gal. You -WILL- be getting out of my way." his eyes peering into her own with absolute blood-lust. His hand was already gripping his reinforced glass 'knife' before he had even got to her, and was now locked tight onto the handle when she made such bold steps. "Move." would be his only words to her as his thoughts raced over which direction he would cut into her and how she may try and stop it. He had met a lot of people who thought they could overcome size differences with technique or with some sort of cheap low-blows and underhanded methods of blinding him before. All of it meant nothing when he simply forced through the pain and outright resisted any attempts at twisting his arms or kicking his legs out from under himself. Each forearm was just short of coffee-can size in diameter. His legs were as round as basketballs. And his hands were able to wrap clean around a person's face, palming them completely. To say that any 'fancy' attempts at keeping him from doing what he wanted were nonsensical was an understatement. Anything short of being drugged would be out of question for anyone even three fourth's of his size. He'd move to take a step forwards and into her (forcefully pushing her out of the way if necessary) just as she would get word from Malcom. And when she moved out of the way, the look in his eyes changed. Almost as if his mind was turned upside down. With a gentle smile down at her now that she had complied, he ushered out a calm "Thank you." Before he stood between the chain-gun that was still on the lift as well as the backpack of ammunition that he had laid down since he had not been followed previously.

Upon arriving at the top of the lift, Jace made his way directly to the end of the hallway to where the armory was, pressing his hand on the panel for it to open. But as he did so, an annoying buzzer-like noise *Blurped* outwards, causing his body to abruptly pause. His eyes slowly peering down at the panel, lifting his fingers as the word 'denied' flashed upon it. ".......I see." His anger now seemed gentle compared to earlier. He was pissed. 'Go back on his word, will he? Like hell.' He'd think to himself with rage festering up in him, eyes locked onto his weapon. "So it's going to be like that, huh?" He'd ask adjusting the 'back-pack' of ammunition and pressed a button on a door with a green panel in place of a red coloration. And with the hiss of the hydraulic powered hinges, he'd go through the room in front of himself with fire in his eyes, moving from one door to the next, un-knowingly circling around the armory. His aim was to go to where Malcom was but surprisingly he had ended up in the hallway that intersected the route he had used to get from his 'room' and the main corridor. And so he would tighten his towel again, making his way down said hallway with an aggravated and very audible growl being breathed out from his nose.

Nadia watches as the Lieutenant deals with another issue, and finds him to be very capable. She likes that as she is temporarily reminded of her old team that she had to whoop into shape. The fact that things were kind of all over the place was a little irritating to hear, but I guess when trying to lockdown an entire compound with only 3 military personnel and some civilians, you really shouldn't expect much. One word did catch her attention though, CONVICT.

She had a serious look on her face now as she step closer to the Lt. Colonel, "Are you saying that amongst the civilians, we have a convict. I hope he's not roaming around here free," she knew she wasn't going to like the answer to that question so she tried to move passed it, "So is that who our worried doctor is pissing off, and if so, how nice are we suppose to be to a potential danger in our midst?" She was trying to hold back anger. She understood that in dire situations, in which this clearly fell under, that all able bodies were most likely to be used, be she hated the idea of having a potential wolf in sheep's clothing who can't even playing a convincing sheep.

She started making her way to where after Doctor Rys, "Is she in there with the convict and do I need to restrain him?" she was walking briskly after the doctor who had made a hasty exit. No need to get too rowdy, you just woke up...A convict though, not on my watch will I allow a convict to do as he pleases. Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. At least I apparently got that promotion I should've got before this all happened! she said in her head as she followed the docs trail, which took down to a lower level, where she saw the doctor leaning over something, and a big hulk of a man chilling in the room as well.

"Yeah, um...Doctor Rys," she slowly approached while pointing at it, "Do you mind telling me just what the hell I'm looking at right now?" She was a stunned and taken aback. The military tries to get you ready for any and all situation but this is something completely and totally different, but that was okay. She just needed to adapt, if she was able to adapt to the situation then everything will all work out.

Malcom sighed, and shook his head, "Dammit, Why can I never..." He growled as voices came through his comm. He tapped the controls to open the door to the control room, once she was through, it would close and lock again. He then followed after Nadia. Within a few moments he caught up to her, "Staff Sergent, come with me. You can follow the former orders when I'm done with you." He made his way down the hall, back towards the armory to intercept Jace. He tapped his comm, "Nidelia. We need to talk later." He closed his comm down and took it out of his ear, sighing, he looked to the Nadia, "I spent my first two hours awake rescuing civilians from doom, of them, the convict is the only one that survived on his own, without me holding his hand every step of the way. He's actually done me quite a bit of good." As soon as he got to the room where Doctor Rys was, he gave her a hard look of, "Stop Fucking Around." Before he made his way to the lift. He hit the recall, and pulled the gate open when it showed up. He placed his comm back in, and tapped the comm over to station wide broadcast so he could communicate to Jace, "Jace, Meet me at the armory, I think there has been a misunderstanding." He stepped within, and held the door open for Nadia.

Jace was already halfway down the hall by the time the intercom came on and that voice rang out. They would all hear a very pissed off "Yeah!! You bet there was!! Lieing to me you slimy..." and then a muffled incoherent babble followed suit cutting in and out of curses. All of this would be the choice words they could make out in between the growls and angry shouts. If they were already in the hallway, they would be able to hear him shouting from behind the three or four cement walls. Good lung power indeed. Of course his ranting would cause him to be a bit winded, and if they both got the jump on him he would no doubt be able to do much to stop them from restraining him since he was now weighed down four hundred pounds of gun and ammunition plus duffle-bag and didn't have the chain-gun prepped. As a matter of fact, right now (without a visable target for his rage), he was not quite as on guard as he should be.

The reason of course for it all having dropped one hundred pounds worth of weight was from the 300 rounds of half-pound shells that were ejected in its previous use on that creature from earlier.

Rys gave him an angry look. "I can't do anything until we get this back to the labs!" She snaps. "I already took blood samples, but now I need to dissect it?" She adds crossing her arms as she looks at him.

Nidelia sighed hearing his words as she walked into the control room and heard the door lock and shut behind her. She had seen him on camera taking his comm out if his ear so she knew it was useless to say anything right now. So she set the system to do a full scan for anything nonhuman and just sat back.

To her the health of the people alive WAS necessary. There wouldn't be anyone left if their immune systems failed and they started getting sick. Who knows what knew illnesses exist in this era? She shook her head. She wanted to stop thinking as she closed her eyes and began to doze once more.

Trixie's eyes flashed open in a panic, her breathing somewhat out of control. At first she couldn't see anything. After 5 minutes of her tryin to calm down her breathing. Her sight adjusts to the darkness as she remembers where she is at.

Another 5 minutes passes by as she hears a whirring noise. At the same time she feels herself being propelled forward. Her first instinct was to scream but she held it in as she landed face first into the ground.

Coughing after a split second of trying to breathe again. She feels a little bit of nausea. Thinking to herself oh I'm gonna hurl. She fights the urge to regurgitate what was left in her stomach. She slowly gets to her knees while looking around, she spots her locker. After opening said locker she grabs her outfit of real leather.

After putting her clothes back on top of the suit like thing. She reaches for her specially made just for her to use hand gun. She puts it in her waistband in the center of her back. She grabs the rest of her items including her throwing knives.

After all her items are back on her person, she slowly stands up testing her equilibrium. After a few calming stretches she hears some noises coming not far from where she is at. "Hello? Anybody else out here?" She looks around with her head not walking towards anywhere but trying to figure out where the hell everyone is at.

Nid jumped awake once more as the alarms went off on the system. She sighed and smiled. A blue dot. Another civilian had woken up. Unfortunately Nidelia was trapped in the room at the moment, but she could lead her to someone so she wasn't alone right now.

She punched a few buttons and Keyes into that corridors comms. "Hello? This is Dr. Nidelia Sponze, listen, it's okay. I'm going to direct you to where there's someone so you're not alone, we are all going to be briefed on what's going on soon," she says.

"There's an ear comm attached to your pod, if you could give me the key number on it I can guide you using that," she explains, watching the girl.on camera. Hmmm... she didn't puke? She thought with a frown.

She looks around startled as a feminine voice comes out of nowhere. After she hears what the feminine voice says she searches her pod and finds the device she mentioned and puts it on like pro even though she's never touched one these devices before.

She turns on the device and says "the key number 36. What's going on? I didn't sign up for this kind of devastation." She looks around some more, one of her hands reaching for a knife so she can palm it and feel safer about her surroundings.

"If you're wondering why I didn't puke is because I have an extremely strong will and stomach. Whatever it is they pumped into me while I was sleeping, it's obviously something I need to stay alive." She turns and smiles at the camera that's not easily spotted and waves. "Where do I go?" She balances onto the balls of her feet, getting a little edgy.

Nidelia frowns. "None of us planned to wake up to this miss. And yes, it's designed to keep you alive. But it isn't going to digest. If you keep it in it's poison," she says simply.

She shook her head. She would need to pump her stomach later. Which even she found as an unpleasant experience. She shuddered at the thought of keeping that substance in.

"Go down the hall to your right," she says checking her map. She found the most direct route to the room Rys was in with the dead beast. Wasn't going to be the most pleasant sight for the new girl, but at least she wouldn't be alone.

She looks to the right and sees a great big hallway. She then proceeds to go down the hallway as directed, still feeling a little naseous. But ignores it for now. She reaches the end of the hallway with a door that appears to sealed shut tight.

"Umm... Is there supposed to be a door at the end of the hall?" She asks a little confused. As she awaits an answer, she gets the sensation that she is going to puke again.

Instead of fighting the urge to puke, she quickly races behind a barrel and just retched everything up until there was nothing left in her stomach. She wipes her mouth as she goes back to the big door and just waits patiently.

Nidelia watches her on camera. "Thank you," she says relieved, knowing she didn't have to go into details as to why. She punched some buttons and the door opened. "Take your next left and follow the stairs down and you'll be there," she says simply and sits back in her seat.

Rys grumbles as she is ignored by the others and simply goes and picks up.her samples and started heading up the stairs to go to the labs. The same stairs that Trixie was being instructed to walk down.

Fascinated she watches the door open, after the door is open fully she walks through the entryway feeling like it's going to close any second now. She goes to the left and down the stairs as instructed almost bumping into someone.

She catches her balance in time to see she is about to lose her vials she is carrying. Quickly catches the vials and hands them back to the scientist. "I'm so sorry! Are you ok?!" She quickly exclaims.

Still in a panic, Trixie continues to babble to herself "oh I'm such an idiot! Why can't I ever pay attention to where I'm going?!" Forgetting that Rys is still there most likely watching, she begins to pound herself in the head as punishment for being so ditzy.

Rys hadn't looked at the girl yet as she quickly caught some of the vials. She then looked at the girl, unable to see her face under her arms.

She chuckled in a way that would be very familiar to Trixie. A chuckle Trixie had always received when she beat herself up like that. "It's okay sweetpeach, there's plenty where that came from, trust me," she rang in her very chipper southern accent.

"Besides, if you keep hittin' your head like that you're bound to make it worse," she says giggling. That's what she had always told Trixie as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back