• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mountain of Roses: A Futuristic Fantasy Act 1 (On Hiatus)

Reiner raised an eyebrow with a smirk on his face. His friend was correct in some sense, reading imported materials and such was part of his hobbies. One that stemmed from his grandfather's antique collection. The Wyrmblut shivered slightly, guessing at Ross's strange mental image.

"Nein Ross. Though I admit I have a fondness for the ones labelled as 'shoujo' or ones that deal with, how you say, 'me-cha'? Most of the time though, it is just materials of the printed variety that interest me." Reiner replied. He stood up from the bench once more, stretching out an arm and cracking his neck.

"As for clubs, I'm silently hoping that an aviation club has been established. I feel as if an 'anime club' would be full of students clamoring over one of those Gatomen we saw earlier... in a situation like that I'm thankful that I have scales and a rather hostile appearance." He grinned, showing off the sharp array of teeth that filled his mouth.

@BauxiteMechanism

Wyvern sat down and began eating. His eyes studied the girl as she in turn studied him. He acknowledged her thanks with a hum before pulling out his phone to look up the news.

After several swipes through useless gossip and whatnots, he spoke to his companion between bites, "I don't get it. Why did you have to use me as an excuseinstead of simply sending the guy away?"

Zale - Cafeteria

Following the end of Axel's song, Zale did a little improve drumming to finish off. Zale picked up the speed, added a few extra beats and finally wrapped it up with a little flare. The two spoons when flying out of his hands and into the middle of the table. "Thank you cafeteria! We are Zale and the nubs and we will be here all year!" Zale lifted his arms into the air, extending his thumb, pointer finger and pinky finger. When Zale was sure that no applaud was to come he began to clap his own hands.

He didn't want to say it out loud, but other then Axel. It seemed like the other two people at the table seemed to be relatively uninterested in the events Zale was trying to create. One of them left to get some more food, and the other just did not cooperate. She focused on her food rather then add to the song. But Zale couldn't blame her, if the feeling is just not there, then it is just not there. However he would love to talk and include them all.

"So then, Lydia, Reed. Changing the topic, what are yall here for. We all have our own goals and stories. Lets talk about that? What we expect in the future. Or what we wish to wish to see happen? I dunno, I'm just spit balling. If anyone has any better conversation ideas I am all ears."

@Pyosimros @loyalwolf (Sorry about the short post)

Sandra Cross

7jH4CTS.jpg
Sandra was pleased that Buras had agreed to join her. The opportunity for questioning and research has arrived! Not to mention, she was sitting alone in the corner anymore. That was something she could do all well. Considering she was low to the ground and didn't move all that much, it was most likely people wouldn't even notice she was there, let alone stay around long enough to be considered company.

She took notice of how he tried, and nearly failed, to form a proper sentence. Was it because of the beak? That definitely meant English wasn't his first language then, didn't it? What did he speak normally? Did one need a beak to speak it fluently? So many questions! Where was the time to ask them all? Sandra watched him curiously, looking down at him now that he was "perched" (Hehe) on the ground.

But then, he asked for her name. Her name... should she give her full name? Would it be disrespectful not to? Offending Buras was the last thing Sandra wanted to do. With a frown, she said, "Um... I'm Sandra- ...Cross. Sandra Cross. Nice to meet you Buras." Sandra ended the statement with a friendly smile. Then she opened up her journal to scribble down a couple more things for pondering later. More notes than anything.

Origin?

Language?

Biological make-up?

Friend?

Friend?

Sandra frowned when she first jotted down the word 'friend'. No, this was for research and nothing more. After a few more moments of pondering, she wrote the word again. Well, it could be possible. Admittedly, Sandra hoped it could be so. Satisfied, she closed the book once more and stared absently at the cover.

@Beowulf

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well if there's an aviation club, I hope it's purely an appreciation of aircraft. After that display in the cafeteria, I'm not quite sure I'm, say, comfortable with those kind of people handling planes. Because when you come down to it, a plane is either a supersonic bullet, or a giant flying blender. But as for me, I'm hoping there's a debate club. Because if there's one thing I do best, it's yelling at people and convincing them that they're wrong. Give me enough time, and I can convince someone that dogs can't look up, and that there's a necropolis under the capitol building, and some skellington bloke named Sandro is coming to raise the dead. Sure, I'm going to look like an animal while doing so, but I can still get it done if need be."

Ross had his hands on his hips, and his eyes full of fury as he finished speaking. He felt like a war hero-no. He knew he was a war hero. Because knowing was half the battle! He briefly remembered that war heroes weren't 17, and didn't wear tasteless floral shirts, but nevertheless, he felt proud of his ability.

"That, and I'm a bit worried. That thing that happened but a few minutes ago? That's just the beginning. The 'best' is yet to come. And I feel that I should be at least a little bit prepared for it. And I'm not talking prison-shivs hidden in my boxers, no. That's not my style. I want to be able to solve these things the proper way-The Ross way. I want to have the diplomatic skills of a hostage negotiator! I want to talk people down, y'know, instead of having them stab me in the ribs."

It was clear now that Ross was having visions of grandeur, but hey, you have to let nerds have some way to express themselves.

@GasMaskie

Axel reed- cafeteria

He laughed at the fact that Zale called him “Zale and the nubs.” he couldn’t believe that, he actually called themselves that. He addresses the whole cafeteria and said “We are still working on the name, but that name isn’t it. Too lame for such great performers like us.” It was such a shame no one else decided to join in. He understood that preforming wasn’t for everyone, plus he was sure they didn’t know how to join in.

That’s when Zale finished up with a very impressive solo. He then started to ask question about why we were here and that was something he wasn’t sure he could answer. He decided he would just say the truth “Well, I'm here because I want to learn more and train my abilities more. Plus, it’s a way to get back at my parent for not wanting me to go here” he responded with a chuckle. He then continued “as for the future, I'm not sure, I don’t really have a plan here. I just want to be me owe person and create my own destiny.” It was the first time in his life where his parent didn’t dictate what he would do, or what he would be. He figured that he would enjoy that without weighing himself down.

He then decided to pose his own question to the group. “I don’t want to assume your all human. So what exactly are you guys? Anything I should avoid with you guys? Any ditty secrets I should know about? You guys might want to fess up now before I hack into the school system and pull your files.” he was curious to find out more about these guys. He need to make sure he wanted to be friends with these guys. He had the biggest grin on his face. he was going to hack into the school system anyway, but looking up students' files would just be a bonus. @Rantos @Pyosimros

And once again, Buras and and the girl, who's name she had said was Sandra Cross, sat silently staring at each other. Was this a normal thing in their culture? Oh god, if it was he might explode before the first month was through. There had to he a way to break the silence, to end introduce some noise into this meeting. But how? It was easy to bluntly wield random noises for the sake of making noise, but it was much harder to do it discretely.

"What to do. What to do." Buras said in his native language, which sounded a lot like a mix of song bird chirps, some clicking, clacking, and of course crackling all smoothly jammed together. He said it quietly as he could, but whistling cannot be done softly. But he figured that she wouldn't know what any if that meant, and so didn't really care. She probably thought he was absent mindedly whistling to himself.

((@Stamper.))

Reiner smirked slightly as he began walking along the sidewalk and around the perimeter of the quad with his friend in tow. Ross's words also brought up another thought - could he really trust the other students at this school after that senselessly violent display during breakfast? He lifted up his shades slightly and massaged the bridge of his nose. Sooner or later, as a student of DIU, Reiner would be expected to engage in combat against the eldritch creatures that crawled out of the fractures.

While Ross seemed dependable enough and handy with explosives, the Wyrmblut questioned his own combat proficiency. His value in the air was unquestionable, even with antique equipment he'd still prove to be a lethal ace in the making. His own knowledge of magic was limited. His grandfather's training meant that the magic he had learned wasn't anything flashy like those illusory hellspawns from earlier. Rather, he was specialized in reinforcing his own body and generating small pockets of oxygen. Combined with his own skills, this made him perfect for aerial combat but rather middling as infantry. And the likelihood of being trained as infantry here was rather high.

At the very least, however, the Wyrmblut had confidence in his marksmanship. Close combat would be a no-go, although he'd probably be able to hold his ground until he got into a more advantageous situation.

"A shame. Though I expected this when I chose to study abroad. I've never been much for talking, so perhaps I'll just spend this year with the 'going-home' club. I'm sure the dorms will grow on me enough to call it a second home, but I digress."

@BauxiteMechanism

Yesman said:
Wyvern sat down and began eating. His eyes studied the girl as she in turn studied him. He acknowledged her thanks with a hum before pulling out his phone to look up the news.
After several swipes through useless gossip and whatnots, he spoke to his companion between bites, "I don't get it. Why did you have to use me as an excuseinstead of simply sending the guy away?"
Celine simply shurgged, flipping open her textbook and giving it another go. "Imagine working your way into a prestigious academy like this one, to find out foreign royalty lived there. And then, imagine meeting said royalty. Wouldn't you rather have them be nice to you, instead of brushing you away like filth?" She looked at the boy and smiled. "My name is Celine DiScientia Sudlich, and I am the second heir to the Sudlich family. I've always been interested by you Damasceans. Living in such a restrictive society, pressured to conform." Celine stared of to where the boy had vanished, and sighed. "They're practically bursting at the seams. I sometimes wish the whole world could experience the Rose of the Wastes."

Celine then returned to her new acquaintance. He was fit enough, relatively handsome, and ripe for the using. When living away, it was important to have as many pawns as possible, especially since Celine dismissed her guards and instead chose to "slum it out" without creating too much attention. She knew that the guards where always watching. In fact, she was certain she had seen one perched in a tree outside her window a few night prior. But, at the very least, they weren't causing too much trouble.
"Tell me, stranger," Celine turned to her acquaintance, "What's your name?"

Lydia Snyder

Tags: @Rantos and @loyalwolf

Roughly a minute passed, and Lydia finished the last bite of her breakfast. Coincidentally, the song halted to a stop at nearly the same time. She could already tell that the duo in front of her were going to be... Interesting people to interact with, which would be good in some ways. Two spoons hit the table, and Zale said his final words to the 'audience'. There wasn't an applause, there was only silence. The silence was quite uncomfortable, however Lydia experienced these types of moments before. In a much smaller scale at least. After a couple seconds, Zale began to clap his own hands. And, after another couple of seconds, Lydia raised her own hands in front of her neck and began to clap. Forcing a smile out as well, she said, "That was... Great! Not nearly as bad as I expected. In fact, much better!" This was mostly done out of pity, however it would be a lie to say that they were bad. After her short review, Lydia stopped her clapping and placed her hands on the edges of her tray.

Now that the music and Lydia's breakfast were finished, Zale started up another topic of conversation. Goals, stories, or just something else in general. Axel was the first to talk. She was expecting him to share some more of his backstory, however, it was just him asking for everyone to share their species. Before Lydia could talk however, Michael arrived with more... Edible food.

"Sorry about my leave everyone. The line over there is..." Michael turned around, looking at the line once again. Except there wasn't a line anymore, which made his comment feel like an excuse. "Erm. The line over there was, quite full. Now, what're we talking about now?" He smiled, and rested his hands on the table. Then, he began to eat.

Lydia decided to ignore his words, and looked at the other two. It didn't seem as though Zale was going to talk, so she decided to speak up. "To answer Axel's question. My brother and I are half-Atlantean. And-" Michael put his hand in front of him in a motion to wait for him. In Lydia's eyes, Michael was chewing some of his food. Which is what was probably happening. A few seconds later, he put his hand in his previous position and an audible gulp would be heard.

"Or we could be considered half-human. Considering all of the various species are here, might as well call us that, right?" He smirked over at his sibling, in which Lydia decided to not acknowledge.

"As I was saying. Yes, we're both in fact not fully human. And Zale. What are you?" She asked over to her new friend with curious eyes.

Josiah Weyland : The Strife Brought-Passion-Filled Bastard Summoner

96fa4494-92b0-4ac5-ae6c-094f1e0d0933_zpsas3qcrch.jpg

d05a3cf1-4c03-496c-8c69-a3ec08b2093d_zpsayvfxkrn.jpg

[The Voice of The Raging Heart | Location: Roof] : Josiah, still perched on the rail, looked to Creighton out of corner of his eye with a faint glimmer of a smile smile. Josiah had been pleased somewhat at these turn of events, as the speech had seemed to he riled the boy up. To spark a flame of annoyance and passion like nothing before. Josiah welcomed the boy's sudden backbone suddenly growth of a backbone, but he was at a loss for words for a millisecond at who he directed it at. Josiah wonder what this boy truly believed. He silently chuckled, his body moving slightly as he listened to the boy's words. Faith in a system. Is this how native people here thought of themselves? Humans, any sentient life actually...had the power to feel apathy, to feel malicious and act callous to the needs of the larger. The words resonated something different in Josiah.

"Perhaps it isn't wrong, but in my opinion weak.", His words rang a cold, decisive, tone--his back still turned to Creighton. Soon lights emanated forth from Josiah's skin, like small shafts of crystal focused light. "For I know what lack of law gets. What chaos brings. No system on this planet can overcome that. However in a terrible fortune of events, those who often control the way society moves often feel more tempted to have apathy and callous actions towards the people. They will often act upon these actions, for blind faith faith from the people enamoured by the grace and glory of these leaders often make for sweet anodyne for their two-sided and flippant philosophies. The people don't need controlling, nor do the need overseers--they coddle and limit information." Josiah ended his words as he cocked his head towards the boy, as he spoke if he was familiar with those in the student council. He knew the names. One held the name of a descendant of Leon. Which sparked rage within him as he witnessed the sickly and once glorious Oneshian people reduced to something that were eternal shackles. Children who needed naught of these punishments got these shackles. Josiah felt the collective rage of these people, but this was not something he could take it out on the student council--but knowledge he could apply too.

"The fault lies in equal parts. The people and the those who lord over them. For the people its fear and selfishness--that same fear and selfishness that gets them to be an overseer. With those who act as lords they faults are lie within the fact they are sentient creatures, always looking out for the immediate safety. We are selfish. But if we try to remove this we would not need of these overseers, if we acted upon to correct morals ourselves." The light suddenly went off, as his voice turned to a soothing one. "I am sorry, but this is one thing we cannot agree. Order does not come in the structure that is here now. Equality is false here." The boy stayed on his railing, plotting his actions carefully.

"I won't join a system I do not agree with. I will not lie to myself. However I will find out these men, and stop them from hurting anyone. No more." The passion in which he spoke came from the heart, "Besides, anyone could be wrong--I may be, but least it is one man. However as a council it's power to be wrong can destroy a lot more due to the dependency of the people on it. Justice bears no home except in the hearts and mind of those willing to dispense it, it is not found with in the governments or the powers that be--it is the companion to will and truth. Which rest in the heart and mind. Creighton you have shown more passion about this failure of a system as if you feel safer with that, but have you given any thoughts that if it did provide the safety it gave it would not allow you to go on hurting?"

quotes
@LeonardPCollins

nebulachan said:
Celine simply shurgged, flipping open her textbook and giving it another go. "Imagine working your way into a prestigious academy like this one, to find out foreign royalty lived there. And then, imagine meeting said royalty. Wouldn't you rather have them be nice to you, instead of brushing you away like filth?" She looked at the boy and smiled. "My name is Celine DiScientia Sudlich, and I am the second heir to the Sudlich family. I've always been interested by you Damasceans. Living in such a restrictive society, pressured to conform." Celine stared of to where the boy had vanished, and sighed. "They're practically bursting at the seams. I sometimes wish the whole world could experience the Rose of the Wastes."
Celine then returned to her new acquaintance. He was fit enough, relatively handsome, and ripe for the using. When living away, it was important to have as many pawns as possible, especially since Celine dismissed her guards and instead chose to "slum it out" without creating too much attention. She knew that the guards where always watching. In fact, she was certain she had seen one perched in a tree outside her window a few night prior. But, at the very least, they weren't causing too much trouble.
"Tell me, stranger," Celine turned to her acquaintance, "What's your name?"
Wyvern put his phone down and looked at Celine. Something told him he didn't want to let this little princess know too much about him.

"Robert Stevenson," he lied, neither his voice nor his artificial face betraying him. He picked up his utensil and spoke between bites of his food. "And you haven't answered my question. You told me why others wouldn't want you to tell them to go away but you didn't tell me why you didn't just do it anyway." He put down his utensil and returned his attention to Celine. "Let me guess, it has something to do with being an heir of the Sudlich family. Something about being proper and public image and whatnots."

Creighton understood this man, and guessed correctly that he was a foreigner right form the facial features that screamed Oneshian. Truly the saying that 'No one but Damasceans understand Damasceane' goes without saying by how Josiah treated Damasceans like they were the same as the rest of the people around the world, like as if he thought himself one, when he wasn't. Josiah spoke like he experienced strife, seen it even, perhaps even played a part in it. He has seen the evil in people far more than the good. Creighton couldn't help but chuckle aloud, amused by his conversation partner's response. "That's funny." He started. "You so easily speak of limiting control, when you commit yourself to it."

A small fit of laughter caught hold of Creighton's senses that he had lost all sense of tactfulness in him. "Sorry." He manged to utter when the laughter subsided. "It sounded like you lobbed the one mature civilization with the rest of the world." He composed himself, and cleared his throat. "I know what you think of everyone: weak, susceptible to temptation. The flesh is weak, no? That's fine and dandy if you apply that to the rest of the infantile nations. Just don't say the same about us. What makes us different, you should ask? Family. The ones who torment me are still my brothers and sisters, no matter how much you question it. Sure they may tease, bully, and have made my grade school life a living hell, but I don't want to see injustice befall on them. Otherwise you have people forming factions, debating on who is fit to lead, which is pretty much the case of the democracies. Would a sane father harm his children? The same question could be said for our leaders. Would you not die for a brother? You see, we don't care so much about ourselves as compared to the whole. You can say that I'm wrong, that everyone is still human, but the truth stares at you when the people of Damasceane had not seen poverty in centuries, when the people don't mind paying more taxes to help a neighbor, when children of all social strata study in one school and form friendships that may last until death, when every man and woman is willing to defend Damasceane more than their individual lives. Have you walked the streets of Damasceane, stranger? I think not, for the way you speak is very telling of you, he that has seen so much strife between rulers and the ruled, and not enough cooperation. For not for our 'overseers', as you call them, we would not have prospered thus far. Perhaps staying here you will learn something about people, and that is that they can love as well."

He paused, reflected, and made sure he had to say what needed before continuing, "If you don't mind being suspended along with these men who you hunt, I say go for it, but I will pity you for it. So childish. Saying justice is in the hands of those willing to dispense it is just another excuse for criminals to kill. If everyone is willing to dispense justice, and if everyone has justice, then who defines justice? No one. That's the chaos you sew. Your plans are self-destructive to this school even if you are so blindly guided by impulses of a hero-complex." He paused, and cackled. "You judge the system so quickly when it's your first day here. How astute. Anything else to add, mister philosopher?"

@CupAndCough

"It'll be a little weird waking up in a different bed under a strange sky, but you get used to it after awhile. Personally, I'm just waiting until I can finally apply for offsite housing. I know they rarely accept those requests, but I'm gonna keep pushing for it anyways. I just don't like the idea that someone could be watching me when I'm taking a shower. Maybe if I was a supermodel, they wouldn't care so much..."

Ross started to trail off that this point, suddenly realizing that he had more important things to tend to. He didn't exactly have a schedule for today. They gave him a basic outline of what he was going to do, but other than that, he was a fish out of water.

"Hey, what are you supposed to be doing today? Because I'm not one to criticize the organization of this place, buuuut, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing until next week. Did they tell you anything?"

Ross pulled out his phone, and starting flipping though about seven million open tabs before landing on one containing his schedule, with a graceful flick, he spun his wrist and showed it to Reiner.

"See? They gave me classes and times, but not much else in the way of scheduling. Think they're just gonna tell us this stuff later, or what? I just get the feeling that I'm going to miss some really important introduction or meeting."

Ross' face lit up in inspiration, then twisted with devious intent.

"Maybe this was... intentional. We could just mill about until further notice. If you're not busy, there's an balcony over by the bio-labs near the roof. It was some sort of outdoor lab, but it seems like there's isn't a class using it at the moment. I'm sure we could find something interesting to do there."

@GasMaskie

Zale - Cafeteria

Hearing everyone tell there own stories, made Zale feel slightly bad about being human born. But the feeling of being too normal soon passed. Matter of fact was, he got accepted into the school, so he wasn't too normal either. But all three of Zale's table mates looked human enough, that fact made him wonder who else in the cafeteria could be more then human despite looks.

"Well then, now I feel like the odd man out. I, am just a normal human. Flesh and bones and nothing really exciting at all. However..." Zale paused in the middle of his thought to take a look around. He looked over his shoulder and behind himself, seeing if anyone was close enough to hear. When Zale was sure no one else was within an ear shot, he leaned into the center of the table, and bid the others to do the same. When they were all gathered to the middle Zale whispered to all of them. "I have never been to a school before, in my life. This is my first time and I have no idea what I am doing."

Zale leaned back into his seat, stretched his arms and let out an overly large sigh. "So, I will be counting on you to keep me in check. Especially you Lydia. You seem to be responsible. So, what do we do next in, school." Zale spoke the word school as if it was taboo, or at least a foreign concept. Zale truly did not know what his next move was to be, he ate food, but what more was there to this school.

@Pyosimros @loyalwolf

Yesman said:
Wyvern put his phone down and looked at Celine. Something told him he didn't want to let this little princess know too much about him.
"Robert Stevenson," he lied, neither his voice nor his artificial face betraying him. He picked up his utensil and spoke between bites of his food. "And you haven't answered my question. You told me why others wouldn't want you to tell them to go away but you didn't tell me why you didn't just do it anyway." He put down his utensil and returned his attention to Celine. "Let me guess, it has something to do with being an heir of the Sudlich family. Something about being proper and public image and whatnots."
Celine shrugged. His name was a bit generic, especially for a Damascean. It made her a bit suspicious as to his true identity, and in fact, she was almost assured he was lying. It was hard to lie to a liar, after all, and being as skilled a politician as she was, lying to her was a bit more difficult than lying to most. However, she wasn't going to pursue it, because for all she knew, it was his real name. If that was the case, then perhaps she would have to go back to drawing board as for her criteria for spotting a liar. She shook the thoughts out of her head and scractched her chin gently, taking a sip of the mug of coffee she had before it. It was bitter, but she liked it that way. It was how they made coffee back at home. And the more she was swamped by strangers in this metallic landscape, the more she longed for the gentle brown sad of her home.

"I'm simply being courteous," she replied, staring into her book. "What other reason would I have for simply being nice?" She short the man a sideways glance. "And for what purpose would I tell you?"

Axel reed - Cafeteria

Axel smiled at Zale and said “No worries dude. If everyone at the table isn’t human, then that make you unique.” He then listened to Zale says how he never been to school before. This caught Axel’s attention how can someone never been to school before. it reminded him about how his parents wanted him to leave school because of music. He looked at Zale and said with a smirk “If it makes you feel better. My parent would love to hear that I never went to school or came to this school. So in their eyes you would have been the prefect son.”

Axel thought to himself so it’s this guy’s first experience at school. He Wondered what made him want to come to this school, considering he never been to one before. he looked at zale and said in a whisper “hey quick question. What made you want to come to school? Considering you never attended one before why come to one now?” Axel was hoping he wasn’t over-stepping, but he was just very curious.

He finished his food and looked around the cafeteria and thought about zale question. What is there next step in this school. He wasn’t sure how long they had before class began and more important he wonder if these guys would actually be in any of his classes. He also wondered what abilities these people had. @Rantos @Pyosimros

jisoo.jpg

"Thank you cafeteria! We are Zale and the nubs and we will be here all year!"

The sound greeted Kuro's ears as he entered. Part of him was slightly amused by the amateurish display, the other part saw it as very much a challenge. You see, Gatomen are notorious gypsies, but even gypsies need a marketable skill to survive. So, as you might expect, Gatomen are performers. Some family specialize in acrobatics, others are little better than thieves, using a little sleight of hand to gather what money they needed. The Kouun family, as it would happen, were musical performers. Song, dance, and the whole shebang. Of course, given Kuro hadn't done a single performance since arriving, it was no shock that no one knew that was the type of Gatoman he was.

He had hoped to skate by under the radar, getting in fights only off the grid to stay out of the public eye. After all, many people looked down on Gatomen for their gypsy lifestyle, and many thought of all Gatomen as thieves, even though the thieving Gatomen were a major minority. Others looked down on them because their performances were, well, less than high class most of the time. Then again, the prudish and rather posh upper class wasn't their targets. Even if it had been a more high brow performances, the upper class in most areas wouldn't put out any income. No, the target was the more charitable middle class, who were more inclined to open their wallets to a dazzling display.

Well, if he was going to be on the Disciplinary Committee, many would know his name before too long, so he might as well give them a bit of a show for an introduction. That was the Gatomen way after all. He already had a set list in mind. It was one that often drew many women to the shows when he would perform with his family, and generally brought a massive crowd to see the shows.

[media]
[/media]
He clapped his hands together, placing his palms on the floor as several spots in the floor started to swirl before rising up into shirtless copies of him, albeit with more stoney appearances. As he rose up, the ground under his palm formed into what was quite obviously a microphone. To any observers, it looked as though he just did a rather impressive bit of Alchemy. He didn't need an introduction. Kuro fully planned on letting them just watch.
"You spin my head right round, right round when you go down, when you go down down" his voice was louder than anyone had heard before. Now, he didn't have a voice nearly as flawless as a siren, but it was still quite excellent. As the song began, the heads on his stone copies spun around slowly, almost unnervingly. It was meant to be eye catching, and it sure as hell turned heads, both literally and figuratively.

When the lyrics took off, so did Kuro, moonwalking backwards flawlessly around the cafeteria in a way that made it seem like he was walking on air as the copies provided backup dancing and sounds. Now, some would wonder why he just up and started a performance like this. He was a Gatomen. This was the kind of thing he did from the time he was old enough to walk. This was far more natural to him than being quiet all the time. As the song progressed, his jacket unzipped, showing off his abs before he just tossed it aside completely. This was, of course, part of the reason Gatomen were looked down on. Then again, it was also the part that earned them the most money from patrons. Often, there were those in the audience who took a liking to a Gatomen's exotic looks, and those ones paid out heavily if a bit more skin was shown.

As the lyrics went on, Kuro didn't so much move as he glided wherever he chose to go, his movements seeming to walk on air. When he wasn't moving around the floor, his hips were moving almost hypnotically. It was readily apparent that Kuro was a performer through and through. He didn't fail to notice that several feminine eyes were drawn to the swaying of his hips, his tail even swaying behind him. He had realized some time ago that, given the tempo of the lyrics, most people didn't actually know what he was saying, just that it sounded good and the performance looked even better.

Each time money was referenced in the song, He threw a hand in the air, currency flying into the air before bursting into fireworks with what was quite clearly advanced fire conjuration magic. Many students who were not previously curious at the show itself were curious when they saw the advanced magic. He was a known second year, so the spells he was using should have been well beyond his years, yet he was using them clear as day!

As the first song ended, his 'backup' moved immediately into position for the next song, taking up positions to mimic a band as they started without missing a beat.

[media]
[/media]
As the lyrics started up, so did Kuro's hips once more. He had found that viewers tended to like the more provocative style of dancing, and frankly, modesty was a very foreign concept to Gatomen. By now, people outside the cafeteria were starting to hear it and pour in to see what was going on, very much amazed by the impromptu show. The first half of this new set was fairly tame, not really any magic involved until things got quiet and the second part began.

The first verse was calm, but Kuro started to use more magic as he walked along the line of his 'backup', tapping the top of each one in turn. "And every time I touch that track it turns into gold...." Each of his shirtless copies suddenly changed into solid gold, moving copies of himself! Even more advanced alchemy! "Everybody knows I've got the magic in me, When I hit the flow the girls come snapping, at me..." On the word, he started snapping in perfect time to the steadily increasing tempo, many in the audience even joining in. And then the chorus broke into the fast paced lyrics.

"These tricks that I'll attempt will blow your mind! Pick a verse, any verse, I'll hypnotize you with every line. I'll need a Volunteer, how about you, with the eyes, come on down to the front and sit right here and don't be shy." He pointed to a girl in the audience, motioning for her to go up and sit on his lap, but before she could react he had moved on once again.

"So come one, come all and see the show tonight! Prepare to be astounded no Ghost or Poltergeist. you know I'm no Pinocchio, I've never told a lie, so call me Mr. Magic man, I float on Cloud 9!" At 'Pinocchio', he touched his nose and it seemed to grow several feet in length as a demonstration of rather skillful Alteration magic before shrinking back to normal size before the word 'lie'. When he mentioned Cloud 9, a thick mist formed out of nowhere, obscuring the performers from the waist down as a demonstration of Water Conjuration.

This time, as the chorus kicked in, he held out his hands towards various clones as they froze solid in an impressive display of Ice Conjuration before sinking down into the mist and vanishing, the last one vanishing just in time for him to finish the song, waving a hand to dissipate the mist, the holes created to make his backup dancers filled in, presumably when he pushed them down in the mist.

As expected, this garnered a rather big reaction. There was a good reason why when Gatomen came to town it often turned into a big carnival. Although many looked down on them for many reasons, it could not be denied that they always livened things up considerably wherever they went.

Of course, Kuro did not expect the reaction that came next... He felt a tug on his left arm, looking over to see several members of the Anime club staring up at him with absolute adoration in their eyes. "You're a real Neko! Please come with us! Oh you are going to be so perfect to play her!" It was hard to tell which one was talking, they were all speaking at once, but he could easily piece together that they intended to have him cosplay as a female neko from one of their favorite Mangas.... Yes, a female...

Before they got far though, he felt his right arm tugged in the opposite direction. "Please come with us Mr. Kitty! Nyaa~! You just have to come do an interview with the Feline Appreciation Club! We'll make you President right meow if you'd like!!"

And thus, Kuro found himself shirtless in a tug of war between the two clubs, who were glaring quite ominously at each other... Kuro's tail flicked around behind him. "Oh would you look at the time... I need to.... Be anywhere but here!!!" Kuro slipped out of their grasp and a great plume of smoke obscured him from sight. From out of the plume, Kuro could be seen bolting out the door.

"There he goes, Nyaa~!!!" One member called, sending both clubs on a mad stampede out the door which nearly trampled several students.

Of course, that wasn't the real Kuro, that was an illusion he had created to send them on a wild Gatomen chase. After a few moments of silence, Kuro poked his head out from under one of the tables. "Damn crazy fans.. I forgot how grabby they can get..." He muttered, his tail swishing behind him as he retrieved his jacket and shirt from the floor and slipped them back on.

Now, there was a purpose to this whole thing besides just showing off. He had demonstrated several very high level kinds of magic during the show. Anyone that saw it or heard about it would be under the impression he was a prodigy. Potentially someone far stronger than the current Student Council President. That was exactly his intent. When word got around that he was capable of such magic, people would be far less inclined to make him get his hands dirty to settle disputes. The less he needed to get his hands dirty, the better.

Illusion magic was Kuro's specialty, and frankly, it was the only kind of magic he knew how to do. Now, at the level he was at, Illusion magic couldn't actually hurt anyone. It wasn't even able to be felt. He could make you see it, smell it, and even hear it, but thus far, he couldn't imitate feeling. He was working hard to get to that point, but he wasn't at that level yet. Of course, given how rare illusion magic was, nobody ever questioned it, and they let their eyes deceive them. Even on the rare chance that someone guessed that it was illusion magic, they could never be sure what was illusion and what was real without getting hit by it.

Kuro had, for some time, made it a point to learn what it looked like when different types of magic were performed. Whenever he used any illusion, he made it a point to make it look like he was using some other form of magic, and it was impossible to tell the difference between his illusions and the real thing. With this system in place, no one ever found out that he was using illusions unless he told them. Even those that knew wouldn't be able to tell where the illusion ended and the other magics began.

Michael Snyder

Tags: @Rantos and @loyalwolf

Now that Lydia was busy explaining and discussing with her peers, Michael found the perfect opportunity to eat. It felt like the last time he stuffed food into his mouth was an eternity, and his stomach agrees with this thought. Without a second thought, Michael started to eat. With relative haste, he focused all of his energy on the food in front of him. With each bite, he gained speed and more momentum. While eating, Michael listened to how Zale was only human. He was expecting something different, but in a world of magic, he couldn't care less. What surprised Michael the most was the fact that Zale has never attended a school. Would've been Michael's dream, no school, and focusing all energy in his escapades outside. By the time Axel was finished with his comforting words, Michael was a bite away from finishing his breakfast. "You do realize you're going to regret eating that quickly in the near future, right?" Lydia asked, giving him a weird look.

It took a few seconds to consume his next bite, and Michael nodded at his sibling. "I know. But oh isn't short-term relief worth it!" He smiled, which was followed by Lydia mumbling something. He couldn't really pick up what she said, though it was probably something about his stupidity. Stupidity, in her eyes at least. Now that Michael was done with his meal, it was time to talk. He looked over at Zale, and spoke in a slightly enthusiastic manner. "Rather than my sister assist you in school. I could! I'm equally, if not better, at teaching."

An obvious lie for comedic effect, his sister still acted as though Michael was quite serious. "You'll do nothing of the sort. Zale would be in a state of disarray if left under your supervision," Michael interrupted her mini-rant with a simple scoff, and Lydia continued. "Anyways, today should be devoted to either classes or meeting new people. Preferably the latter would occur," She explained to Zale, giving a short nod to her explanation.

"You spin my head right round, right round when you go down, when you go down down."

Another song? I think we had enough songs-

Michael looked over to the direction of the voice, and saw someone. Probably a student, and shirtless clones around him. As time passed, the student did more and more actions, singing as well. By the way he was showing off assumably every skill related to dancing that he had, Michael felt like that person wasn't a person he wanted to meet. If they did, it would likely spell disaster. Show-offs were usually his enemies. When the student was finished, Michael simply turned to Zale and Axel, and smirked. "Seems as though you two just got one-upped by a guy with cat ears and a tail."

nebulachan said:
Celine shrugged. His name was a bit generic, especially for a Damascean. It made her a bit suspicious as to his true identity, and in fact, she was almost assured he was lying. It was hard to lie to a liar, after all, and being as skilled a politician as she was, lying to her was a bit more difficult than lying to most. However, she wasn't going to pursue it, because for all she knew, it was his real name. If that was the case, then perhaps she would have to go back to drawing board as for her criteria for spotting a liar. She shook the thoughts out of her head and scractched her chin gently, taking a sip of the mug of coffee she had before it. It was bitter, but she liked it that way. It was how they made coffee back at home. And the more she was swamped by strangers in this metallic landscape, the more she longed for the gentle brown sad of her home.
"I'm simply being courteous," she replied, staring into her book. "What other reason would I have for simply being nice?" She short the man a sideways glance. "And for what purpose would I tell you?"
It was difficult for Wyvern to tell whether or not Celine had saw through his lie. Regardless, he was relieved that she didn't pursue it and that the subject had returned to focus on her. He picked up his utensil and began eating again.

"Courteous, yes," he said as he lifted another bite to his mouth. "Nice, not so much. You were courteous enough to send that guy away with an excuse rather than shooing him away." He picked up his phone and began looking through random news websites. "Not very nice of you to lie to him or to use me in your lie."

Axel reed-cafeteria

Axel listens to the sibling talk as he and tried to keep his attention on them. He knew it was the polite thing to do. But that’s when his ears caught the sound of a song being played. He grinned to himself and began to watch the performance. He was a bit disappointed with the fact that the guy was focusing on showcasing his performance instead of his voice. Axel this had to admit the guy had a very good voice. luckily he was able to tune out the performance and focused just on the singer and the colors that corresponded thanks to his synesthesia. He smiled big and said “this guy doesn’t have such a bad singing voice. I’m very impressed!”

As the performance finished, he turned back to the group and noted the comment by Michael. “I'm all for completion, because that means you’re in the game. That’s always better than being just a boring spectator.” Referring the siblings lack of participation in his and zale’s performance. He then added “Plus the guy has a pretty good voice. If he focused on showcasing that, then maybe I would be more worried.” He grinned to the group. “but either way I'm going to go tell him how good he did. I'll be right back.”

With that, he stood up and made his way toward the guy. He walks up to the guy and grinned. “Hey there. I have to say you have a really good voice. I was very impressed with your singing, my friend. At one point you were of Key just a little, but other than that it was an amazing vocal. Trust me coming from a siren that a compliment.” That's when he started to take in the cat ears on the guy. He never meets anyone with cat ears before. This is very interesting, he thought to himself. “anyway the name Axel reed, it's a pleasure to meet you.” @Pyosimros @Rantos @One Mean Ghost

jisoo.jpg

Kuro's golden eyes shifted to address the voice that spoke to him. A small grin graced his lips as the person complimented his singing, albeit with a few notes for improvement. "yeah... I have a bad problem with going off key sometimes. I've gotten better about it, but that's why I was more special effects, dancing and background vocals when my family performed" he admitted rubbing the back of his head.

In his family, his father was lead vocals and guitar, his mother was vocals and dancing. She had been quite a proficient belly dancer, and it was readily apparent she had passed those skills onto Kuro. Of course, he had added elements to it, but the foundation was still very obvious. His two brothers were both instrumentals, as neither of them could sing worth a damn, and his little sister had been an aspiring dancer like their mother. At least, that was how it was before they were slaughtered...

"I'm Kuroneko Kouun. Nice to meet another performer around here." he remarked, noting that the boy claimed to be a siren. Well, at the very least he'd likely have more excuses to perform. At least his first performance had sufficiently showcased his abilities enough so that people wouldn't be too inclined to question his decisions as a member of the Disciplinary Committee.

Axel smiled at Kuroneko Kouun and said “very nice to meet you Kuro! I think with some training and practice you can sing perfectly on key. No need for all that flash, when you voice produces such beautiful colors! There were so many Vivid reds and oranges!” that when axel blush at his over excitement but also because Kuroneko didn’t know about his synesthesia. He most likely though axel was crazy when he referred his voice in the form of colors. He coughed to regain his composure.

“So Kuroneko, got to say I never meet someone with cat’s ear before!” he said in a very teasing voice. “What’s the deal with those bad boys anyway?” he asks curiously and hoping not to come across rude. He wonders if this guy could pick up frequency, that a normal person couldn’t. “But yeh I am another performer of sorts. I have been train in a multitude of instrument and vocal performances. It would be really cool to perform with you at some point!” @One Mean Ghost

jisoo.jpg

Kuro blinked a little at the reference to the colors in his performance. It was true, it didn't make a lick of sense to him. When he was finished talking he thought about how best to address his ears, as well as the extra flash he put into performing.... "Well, for starters, I'm a Gatomen. Basically, I'm a cat person. Or as the anime club likes to refer to me, a Neko. I swear, I wouldn't mind them quite so much if they'd at least try to get me to cosplay as my actual gender...." He muttered crossing his arms as his tail swished irritably behind him.

"You see, a lot of people think of Gatomen as modern day Gypsies. I guess I can understand it. None of us are all too inclined to stay in one place for very long. Different families are good at different things. Some Gatomen families are acrobats, others are fortune tellers, others are just outright thieves that give the rest of us a bad name" he began. "As for my family, the Kouun family was musical performers. That's just how we made our living while traveling all over the place. Mom was a belly dancer and singer, Dad was guitar and vocals, my brothers were instrumentalists, my lil sister was working to follow in mom's footsteps. As for me, I did more special effects, dancing, rapping, and beatboxing when the time required." he shrugged his shoulders as his tail swished around behind him. "For us, more flash meant more cash. Sure, vocals are all well and good if you're performing in a concert hall, but when you're working for tips on the streets, you need that kind of flash to bring people in and get them to pay up. I got bored once and did a test, and yes, taking my shirt off is actually a requirement." He smirked, realizing that would probably have been a future question. In truth, the pay was much greater when he was shirtless for some odd reason. Something about it being more exotic or something like that. He never really paid too much attention to the logic, only that it worked.

"I wouldn't mind performing with you. Just keep in mind I can't play any actually instruments. I'm pretty much all flash" He chuckled softly as he crossed his arms over his chest. It was really his curse. He couldn't play a single instrument, so really beatboxing was his niche in his family. It was the one thing he had, besides his unique dance style, that he could do that no one else in his family could.

Sandra Cross

7jH4CTS.jpg
Looking down at Buras, she felt a little bad that he had to sit on the ground. Of course, Sandra would have loved to sit with him; before she lost the use of her legs, she loved to just lounge in the soft grass and stare up at the sky when she had time. The only time Sandra really touched the ground anymore was when she either fell out of her chair or when she was practicing with her magic to move her legs and messed up yet again. Either situation usually called for someone else's help in getting back up.

Sandra was drawn from her thoughts when Buras uttered a sound that wasn't quite English anymore. It was loud and reminded her of the mornings where the birds would speak to each other. While those sounds were seemingly just that, the noises Buras made seemed to have some sort of meaning... One that Sandra could never come close to understanding if she tried. Aside from the screechy part of it, it was a sort of pleasant sound.

"Is that your native tongue?"

Did that also mean he sang as pretty as a bird did too? Did it even come close to sounding like the common birds that sing? Because she felt it rude to ask, Sandra remained quiet on that and instead looked up at the sky while she waited for a response.

@Beowulf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back