• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Moonshine Isekai

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thanks to some hijinks you awaken on a different world, a world where the ocean is on fire.
images.jpeg-49.jpg
Or parts of it is anyway. From what you can tell you and a few others have somehow arrived at a place that looks straight out of fiction. The sky is more green then blue, winged cats leap from the treetops and most apparent was the strong smell of burning which helps you notice the ocean is indeed set ablaze. Getting closer you notice the water isn't water, it's alcohol of some kind and it is very strong.

But as you touch the water (a part that isn't burning) you feel a surge radiate throughout your body and burst from your back like brilliant wings!
You have no idea what's happening or where you are, no one here does except for one woman.
The silhouette of a lady walking towards you from the burning sea, her voice calls out through the roar of the fire.
"Long I have awaited for those who would arrive, the ones with resistance to the cursed sea, the ones who would awaken gifts where all else would drown. I as the sage of water shall guide you on your quest to destroy Yodoshi's curse and bring balance to the world!"

So as one can guess its a medieval fantasy/isekai deal. Standard adventure one can expect from a isekai with exploration, discovery, assumptions based from fiction on earth, unique abilities and dangerous shit almost everywhere.

The awakened gifts the isekai characters have would be a unique element only they can wield.
Easy examples,
Firewater. liquid flames, shoot high pressure water that burns.
Iceflames. Flames that freeze, throw explosions that burn cold.
Darkthunder. electricity but less impressive visually and much more sneaky.

Whatever two magic types or elements are mixed, you could come up with your own so long as it follows the same scheme as the three above. (If that makes sense?)
Easiest thing for a example is Fire-water looks and burns like fire but it would be controlled like water. Iceflames could spread just like a normal fire except putting them out would be near impossible for normal folk. Etc etc

Hoping for three or five players who post more than two paragraphs once or twice a week.

Last edited:
Definitely has potential for creativity, im worried I haven't got the point across enough as the first two examples work perfectly but the third is just "lightning that's harder to see" aha

But others off the top of my head...
Shadowclones, Giving physical form to darkness.
Rocksmoke, conjuring smoke that can become earth.
Gravityslime, conjure slime that messes with gravity.

Random idea for ability would this fit? StickySoft, Can make items touched sticky and malleable able to mould targets like clay.

Random idea for ability would this fit? StickySoft, Can make items touched sticky and malleable able to mould targets like clay.
Its more along the lines of a element and effect or two elements mixed to be different or impossible
"cold fire?!" Being the easiest example

Would something like 'steelwind' fit, where it's wind that can take on the material properties of moving metal, allowing it to be used for armor, projectile attacks, and 'flying' by 'walking' on it?

So same power but could call it Clay Hand or Soft Earth?. Alternatively i guess Rubber Gum might be a option.

Would something like 'steelwind' fit, where it's wind that can take on the material properties of moving metal, allowing it to be used for armor, projectile attacks, and 'flying' by 'walking' on it?
Steel/solid wind works

So same power but could call it Clay Hand or Soft Earth?. Alternatively i guess Rubber Gum might be a option.
Idk seems off to me, I guess the easiest example is each one of these gifts is a wacky "element" only they can bend.
Each magic is supposed to work as a projectile weapon with extra effects/spells added on.

So steelwind works as someone shooting solid air as a weapon, but it can be used as a platform.
Firewater is a liquid flame thrower but could still be used to cook a meal or light the way forward.

The magic you mentioned is more the user shaping anything they can grab. Not saying that can't be effective but it doesn't fall in line with the rest.

Can't have four power rangers all with swords while blue ranger alone gets a musket.

Have at it, remember to be original

possible abilities:

MochiWax: a variable substance that possesses a waxxy feeling and can become extremely sticky if produced in the right consistency. It’s elastic nature makes it capable of absorbing blunt shock. When fully hardened it can take on an extremely high density.

GlassSanding: Glass sanding creates and controls a type of hazardous glass particulate consisting of extremely small, razor-sharp grains.

SoapySmoke: Soap and adhesive bubble liquids that are composed of a soft, smoke like substance, these can contain immense amounts of pressure and create gaseous, non pyrotechnic explosions whenever they’re released by the user.

BlackPudding: The user can manipulate a consuming liquid that corrodes non living tissue and can stick to living tissue, using this ability, the user can swim through surrounding material leaving a corrosive trail behind them, or chain together the spreading of the blackpudding substrate to turn the battlefield into what is essentially a super-sticky-mud. The blackpudding can’t eat glass however, and only the user is immune to its properties.

PhotoSonic: The user possesses the ability to manipulate bright flashing lights that create massive vibrational blasts, creating an insubstantial hard light that buffets their opponents with shockwaves, while disrupting sensory phenomena.

BusterCollision:The user can generate electrical energy of an explosive nature which will cause eruptions on contacted objects.

Not saying all them aren't good but simple is better in my opinion

Same way fire-water and Icefire fits i can't believe I didn't think of Napsand aha

Okay. So like, classic elements like fire, earth, air, water, wood, and lightning but combined in some way?

also, flame water already kinda exists IRL in the form of Kerosene, Oil, Greek Fire, Alcohol, or if you really wanna stretch it, Pyroclastic Flow.

I’m just not sure what you’re going for. Since most of what I described are weird nonsense elemental abilities that don’t correlate to any known mythology.

Doesn't need to correlate with anything, its supposed to be dumb fun in making a unique magic for each character

The best ones being simple nonsense made powerful and pushing on the tone of edgy.

"Icefire!" It's just your standard fantasy ice magic except it looks and acts like normal fire.

"Darkthunder!" Literally electricity but black.

"Napsand!" is a tad different as i feel like There's always been folk tales like the "sand man" putting peeps to sleep with sand. Soo it isn't to wacky but conjuring sand that absorbs energy is just like i said above with mixing a element and a effect.

Can totally see a anime character calling out "Napsand!" As they use their magic. That's the vibe to aim for aha

Oh I’m interested! I actually think I have a oc good for this as well!

Her power basically allows her to summon and manipulate Blue fire that’s below freezing in temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back