• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom LoZ: Eye of the Ancients (Interest Check)

Which two environments would you most like to start in?

• Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marsh

• Plains

• Mountains

• Highlands

• Coastal

• Tundra

• Island

• Jungle

• Desert

• Total voters

RonetheSlayer

Flawless Victory . . . .

HYRULE

The land of Hyrule has known peace so long, few know what war is anymore. The last true war, the Gerudan Jihad, happened over five hundred years ago. Since then, though there have been many disputes amongst Hyrule's races, no blood has been spilt in the name of war. People of all species go about their daily lives, at peace with themselves and their world. Alas, true evil knows no slumber, and who knows who could be watching . . . .

Checking for interest for an original Zelda project I've been working on. I have my own combat, ability, attribute, and skill systems in place. Overall its been designed to be unrestrictive, allowing for much more choice, while still providing a structure for challenge resolution.

I am rearranging and formatting my race, class, and skill list so it displays correctly on the site, I should have it up within a few days.

Some disclaimers beforehand:

• There is a incredible variety of races to choose from, so no custom races will be accepted. There will be only one player per race/subrace, so as to provoke variety. At some point in the future, I'll open a tab for character submissions (complete with sample post) and I'll choose four to six applicants.
  • I have a very busy life, and though I love rping, sometimes I will be too busy or outright tired. I may not post much for a day, or two or three even if things get anymore crazy. I'm not a stickler on regularly posting. After 24 hours, your turn will be skipped. Around 48, I'll pm you to see what's up. So, if the above mentioned will bother you, sorry.
  • Grammar, cohesiveness, and creativity are absolutes.
  • Minimum two paragraph for MOST of your posts. (Exceptions exist of course; dialogue, singular actions, etc)
  • Everyone's characters start low level.
  • Certain races, such as The Shiekah and The Skull Kid, are particularly unique, and require additional auditioning to get to play as one.
  • Moblin is NOT a race (:
  • Very little will be told of the plot. Actually, nothing will be told of the plot. Link don't ever know diddly squat. Feel free to ask about lore or info on races, classes, skills, attributes, etc, once I get it up.
  • I have researched Zelda conversions of all sort, and though a few are really awesome, none really provided what I want. I understand anyone who wants to wait to see my system beforehand. Just don't suggest this system or that system, blah blah. I don't care.
  • The actual RP won't be starting for AT LEAST a couple weeks, so no rush to do anything.

For now, all I need to know is who is interested.

Thank you, I enjoyed making it. Even cooler when I picture the different areas in my mind.

(BTW, iceman was one of the reserved spots, so still need one more person before I lock yal in)

This could be interesting:) do we just pick a role and play a part in the quest or are we all the traveling heroes of the plot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More the traveling heroes at first. The plot will emerge slowly. At first, we will focus on pure adventure. Zelda worlds are always fascinating, fantastical, and teeming with curious places. I strive to emulate that.

MisfortunateDreams said:
This could be interesting:) do we just pick a role and play a part in the quest or are we all the traveling heroes of the plot?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shall I lock you in?

RonetheSlayer said:
More the traveling heroes at first. The plot will emerge slowly. At first, we will focus on pure adventure. Zelda worlds are always fascinating, fantastical, and teeming with curious places. I strive to emulate that.
Oh yeah, I've played just about every Zelda game that they've produced. It's by nerd-obsession. The Worlds are every writer's wet dream.

RonetheSlayer said:
Shall I lock you in?
Yes:) It sounds like a good RP

Sweet, the fellowship is assembled. The final person hasn't jumped in yet, but he's been reserved, and will be on the site promptly. I'm glad y'all have joined, and should have the rest of the info up 2night or 2moro.

Has everyone voted?

Yes, sir!

Wait, so are we reserving races? Because.. ya'know... I'd be an awesome Sheikah...

EDIT: even if it takes additional auditioning.

Highest chooses first.

Ya, I was gonna do auditions, but decided not to. Yal seem cool.

Or maybe I just don't have it in me to turn anyone away.

If there's an extra slot left, I'd love to join in. Had an older LoZ RP I had joined that never got off the ground, so I'd love to jump in, possibly transfer my character idea over to this one, if at all possible :3

Anyway, just for your consideration :D

Stickdom said:
If there's an extra slot left, I'd love to join in. Had an older LoZ RP I had joined that never got off the ground, so I'd love to jump in, possibly transfer my character idea over to this one, if at all possible :3
Anyway, just for your consideration :D
/: As much as I don't want to, Imma have to turn you down. Six players is all I really want to run. So sorry.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-eye-of-the-ancients.108307/

Thread is up, working on getting the info up tonight.

Ah bummer, looked interesting. Welp, good luck with it then, and feel free to let me know if a slot opens up at some point :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back