Lost Seed

Decus Rex

Soldier of Fortune
Please use this thread for all of your OOC needs!

Lets get writing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@EvilLaugh @Hub Cub Bub Rub

Hello! Sorry for the late message, I was honestly kind of hoping the OOC comment section would come back quickly so i could handle it that way but... Well.. Things..

Anyways, I am glad to see you both are showing interest!

As for the question by EvilLaugh,

Unique Skills? Honestly, I am hoping we are able. Currently things are still in debate, but all final decisions will be made by Decus. If it helps you get an idea, one of the things we covered was actually this topic very briefly. Custom skills probably will be allowed to come into play, BUT they can be used by others. (Not players, but other NPC). Since skills are meant to be programmed in for a character that meets certain requirements, it should not be limited to one, and one alone. As well, this will keep players with the mindset, 'This CAN be used against me.'

As a random note, we were also debating on the skill count. Not so much to limit somewhere from learning everything, but limiting how much they master. We wish to avoid overpowered characters at all costs, especially when they eliminate uniqueness from others. We debated on it being a 5 skill mastery limit. In addition, we were also debating on different weapons requiring different stats, which does limit the playing field to make sure a great sword (STR) user can't just pull out a rapier (AGL) and take the show. They need to balance stats, which in effect, makes them worse off statistically than someone who solely concentrates on a single field. But remember, SAO is a skill based game, not a stat based when it comes to combat.

And I repeat, all things are to be finalized by Decus. The above is a representation of my own insights as well a few topics we may have covered. But I have to admit, That Yukito Sumeragi looks like he would be fun to see around, especially with your notes on Disadvantages.

And to Hub Cub, don't worry about it! I am simply thrilled to see more faces appear! I look forward to seeing both of the sheets you two~ As well, I look forward to writing with you!

I have to admit having AbraxisNine as a second is simply amazing... I couldn't express the same thing she did with such organization.

As for me it is awesome to have two new faces especially those that are as excited as you all.

First I know I wrote it down somewhere But I'm thinking now that a limit of five skills is too small but maybe that a limit is unnecessary as long as people realize that OP takes the fun out of the RP...

Undestood, @AbraxasNine @Decus Rex, just a few opinions.

I would have to agree on the 5 master limit being to small. Yes it was exactly how much the Black Swordsman himself mastered, but all the rest of his skills were pretty high on the list as well, mind you this is when they finished. Also according to cannon, one may only have 12 skills activated at any given time, the skills one possesses could be more but the benefits are simply absent.

I fully agree on the balancing of stats, I will try to get around that without looking OP, and here's how. When the quality rises, the equipment itself gives the stats away for free. THE ELUCIDATOR as an example gives Equip(I'm lost here) +50 Agility +28 and Strength +48 with an Equip cost of 61, rendering the system loss at 11 instead of 61. Also, and this is a big assumption, if the skills in the game were repetitive really just a few, mastering a weapon must give something other than skills and Equip points, so I'm thinking bonus stats. Games right now do just that, leaving the stat distribution a nil problem. I was going on that assumption, which is why I didn't add that as a disadvantage.

Final note, AbraxasNine is amazing. *bows* Really found it hard to make my own CS without her's as a guide. I am glad you appreciate my work, though as a newbie, I think I still have a long way to go... like with the codes. Love the counter strike skill, truly a terrific double edge sword, even if she does use a katana.

TLDR? This newbie excited to be here and you are all awesome.

Thank you for the compliments, I am truly grateful.

Either way, the character was accepted, meaning that more or less we will just be watching how you manage it. I look quite forward to seeing your character in work, just try not to make everyone else feel completely useless. But I have to admit, having a powerhouse in bay may very well prove a beneficial thing. We may even get to watch a player solo a boss, which would be pretty neat. (Well, mostly solo... We all know what I am referencing here.)

At any rate, getting too statistical can just prove annoying, so perhaps a wishy washy demeanor will prove best. After all, we wish to concentrate on the story being fun for everyone, correct?

Glad to have you EvilLaugh!

BBcoding is a fun hobby to pick up, I wasted many hours creating various layouts on another site.

we have three characters so i'm going to make it official we will be opening the role playing after what is now just under two days... approximately 6pm july 23 2014 Eastern/EDT/Echo or 11pm Zulu/GMT/UTC

Fair warning, I'll be in Singapore for the foreseeable future so I might jump in a few hours late. Still I'll try my best to be puntcual.

that's cool its not like we have to follow a strict time-table. I might be out every once and a while regardless cause of upcoming deployments and moving.... ugh...

and I realize I didn't make my character train.

oh well at least he'll be a damn good violinist...

i'm AFK headed to dominos 
damnit that posted really late..... 
I'm back 
i hope nine don't mind but i'm goin to continue the RP more because i'm a bit amped and feel like I should be writing constantly right now.

Hub will most likely be a bit later than that like Saturday at the earliest sunday on the most likely. AbraxasNine was feeling a bit under the weather earlier so I think she'll be on in a bit.

Alright, my boring post is up. They will probably be like this until I can firmly grasp the character and how she works, so don't mind me~

heres a question anyone have clue how we want our characters to meet?

I was thinking originally a boss fight but when I made the maps for floor 1 I fear I made it too large there are tons of things to do and now that I realize how weak the boss would have to be as the floor one boss. I fear we'd tear it apart super OP style... not necessarily a bad thing though it would be a good way to show our characters off to one another...

I wasn't honestly planning on it seeing we are running in separate directions. I was just going to save it for a later event.

A number of players probably will appear OP for the duration of the first few floors. Then we need to begin developing NPC that directly counter our play styles as we get further up. At any rate, I have already accepted Eri as the weakest of the bunch seeing as the other characters seem to handle everything with extreme ease to begin with. Tis why she will just be that random character that pays more attention to the life aspect rather than grinding.

To be honest I was worried about that I don't want you to play a style you don't want to play though. I'm sure we can always just make extremely hard bosses. but florr 1 I kinda figured your supposed to start fighting your level enemies and become OP as far as the floor is concerned. Bosses will need more than that though. in most RPG's not saying SAO is most but the highest level on the floor is still slightly weaker than the 'big bad wolf' so to speak. so I figure we'll be OP till then. it is hard to make and play a character with weaknesses that are exploited immediately. tell you what though the way Eri is fighting she'll have a great battle healing skill... and most likely a superb defense / equipment skill

Hehe, don't worry about me, I can easily adapt to anything. Besides, it benefits Eri's character if she is more based around the life aspect seeing as that was her sole purpose of entering the virtual world anyways. Actually, there have been rare spawn bosses that just appear that are far stronger than the an actual boss of the area. They are generally intended for raid groups, and could be just about anywhere.

Eri doesn't build defensive stats, but her passive armor stat (light armor) may very well increase. Who knows, she might gain a moderate amount of battle healing, but what is mostly leveling is perhaps meditation.

This is what we get when we make characters with battle experience. I have to agree with Abraxas on the meeting through, we are going everywhere, really did not see that coming, and since our time frames are ultimately different, Decus and mine after the message, Abraxas before the message and hub hasn't even started yet. We can't pull everyone back into town anymore. It would be like we're doing our own thing for a while. maybe some back story other than simple easy fights, lets face it level 1 not hard especially if they're giving healing crystals away. As far as being OP is concerned, its usually only in the dungeon that a skilled player can't one-hit-kill a monster due to life, armor and other variables.

Mine is after the message silly Evil, I simply didn't bother reporting it. It was such a minor detail that is ultimately pointless to bother covering excessively in every post. And it would be far too coincidental if we all just kind of met up on the first floor, as such I wasn't even really planning any excessive character interaction until at least floor five. (After all we only have three members currently until Hub jumps in) Just don't worry about it, things will be ironed out by next floor.

oh, I was just wondering where the panic was. I mean I was isolated when it happened, and some small percentage, especially town area should be panicking, even just a little

well we are still accepting signups I guess we should make a plan then... such as pushing past the floor making it quicker like a training montage from Rocky Balboa's first movie or the Fourth (The Russian one was awesome!!!) anywhos any one have an idea maybe we should simply speed our time table's up get to the Boss the day after tomorrow or rather tomorrow night? 
I left the town too by the time the message popped up. I didn't give the psychology much thought to be honest... I'd assume youd have new players in a dismissed panic and many in denial but would be the largest problem is PKers people who think that since the hacker well rebuilder in the real sense is a regular player if he die's then everyone goes home... 
any one else have any ideas? truthfully the PK thing wouldn't be too much of a problem until much later when there are devious players who can attack the weaker ones without fear or the stronger one's in large groups.

That's why I didn't say all or anything, actually, I think I mainly stuck with words like 'few' 'some' and others. I made a bit of a play to set a mood, yet keep it completely open to change.

As for Decus, I don't really have any ideas, seeing as I am hoping we can wait for Hub to include them as much as possible before the boss fight. The psychology could be going in any matter of directions. After all, media would be all over the re-release of a second sword art title, whilst reviewing past events. Those who were extremely sensitive or afraid probably didn't even start the game. Those who were dragged, or jumped in anyways I simply ignored in my post hence why I used various key words to still allow their existence. Don't worry, I thought about that XP.

PKing could be a problem, but then again, it could also be a very fatal mistake. The more they kill, the less likely they themselves will successfully get out. After all, no mad man gets away with murder.

That logic is sound, and yes waiting for Hub is only polite. People would just focus on clearing the game like before, and the extreme pressure of life and death will only hit after some die. Say what you want about it, war is all fine and dandy until you're caught in the cross fire. That's probably when PK will be an option, after the situation really sets in, so a few floors up.

ok I say we take a vote on our course of action... 1. we wait for Hub (figure out how long if it wins.) 2. we continue on side quest avoiding the boss still effectively not leaving Hub behind. 3. we go on and take the boss on after a day?

I vote number one we wait entirely. I don't want ya'll to think that means much as three people this vote can go every which way I'm not going to be a tyrant of a thread master

Users who are viewing this thread

Back