• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking for male wanting to write some angsty fun spooky story with me. Starter included .

CrimsonRevenant

Well hey there potential future partner. I’m taking things a different route here. I have a story in mind. Okay, more like, the loose fabric of a story. I say that because I would love to intermingle my ideas with yours and see what we can cook up together. Before I get to that though… how about a little information on me and all the other kinda foundational stuff.

Who am I? Easy. I’m a girl who has been roleplaying since instant messenger days. Have my fair share of experience and love writing for hah the love of writing. Romance, drama, angsty hilarious fights, sarcasm, wrenches thrown into things, action, adventure, and all the like are right up my alley. While I lean more towards things that aren’t alive of life I do try and make even the “strangest” realities feel real. I’m not stickler for grammar or lengths along as I see effort. I’m pretty easy. Heh. Bad use of words maybe but hey it’s funny so I kept it. If you want to know anything else do not hesitate to ask.

Now! What I think you’re here for. My idea of you will. As you will see below I wrote an opening. Modern times set in a city of our choosing. This is a world were all those things that go bump in the night are real. You name it we got it. My main idea is my character (Just a vague description to start you off. picture long black hair, green eyes, tall, curvy in the best way, and overall attractive in that she may steal your soul sort of way. ) works for a society. One of those secret ones. That from the early cracks of time have kept those creepy crawlers in check. Blindly at times.My character has only ever lived life within this society. Raised by them. Trained by them. All that jazz. She isn’t exactly all human hence her being taken by them at a young age. Dont worry she isnt some Mary Sue or depression ridden outcast. In all honesty she is clumsy and goofy at times. I like keeping some details ,such as what she is, a secret for your character to figure out.

Who is your character? Whoever you want them to be as long as they are a male. Obviously leaning towards a supernatural type creature but… Not about to make some role and just stick you in it. You tell me who you want to play.

I see an enemy’s to whatever happens thing happening with some romance here mixing with the main story. The story being these two needing to work together to stop something even bigger and badder than the evil they both know. Something that threatens both of their “worlds”. Again, we can plan that part together.

So there it is…..kinda basic but I am open to all inquires just message me and let me know!

On to the story.

"What a night"... Nyx murmured to herself, swirling her finger around the rim of the condensation-covered glass in front of her. The dark liquid would surely add to the ghosts of glasses past on the bar if she let it continue marinating in the melting ice. A slow hum of activity surrounded her in the low-lit, smoke-filled place. Mostly men mumbling about their troubles and victories, occasionally punctuated by slightly drunk girls giggling. The clank of pool balls commencing war mingled with voices from tables near the back of the establishment. It was, in every single way, a stereotypical inner-city bar. Unassuming. Boring, aside from the small pissing contests that would occasionally break out between the heavier drinkers. There was something calming about its predictability for Nyx, and it had become her go-to place after the rougher workdays.
Taking a sip from her glass, her face scrunched the way one might from a strong liquor, even though hers was merely cranberry juice. Its tartness caught her off guard, and she couldn't stop the tell-tale click of her tongue before setting the glass back down. Her earlier remark still hung in the air around her.
It had been a day. Ordered out to the junky part of town to clear out a den. God, she hated dens... Horrible places chock-full of all normal people's Halloween nightmares. Werewolves, and vampires, and bears oh my. Alright, so there weren't any bears, but you get the gist... Demon-born things set to wreak havoc on humanity.
Dens had evolved with the times, though. Back in 'the day,' species kept to themselves, not really intermingling unless they had to. Now? You could find one of every kind in a single place, gathering for... well, admittedly, she wasn't the asking questions type. She was more of a 'let God sort them out' type. Blame it all on her roots and showing up in boots. Texas justice had a way of permeating into her core in its cowboy way. That's what she had done today, though. Some sorting for God.
Snarls and claws flashed before her mind's eye as her hand gripped the glass tightly. Eyes in an unfocused stare at the array of bottles behind the bar, the obscenities screamed in her direction as she cleared rooms of a dilapidated building echoed through her mind the way they had inside. Them calling her a monster. What a laugh...
A slap with a damp rag on her forearm roused her from her musings. Blinking to clear the haze, she looked at her assailant. Leonard, the bartender, furrowed his salt-and-pepper brows at her. "Kid, you hold on to that glass any tighter, and I'm afraid you're gonna end up taking pieces of it home with you," he grumbled, directing her attention with his eyes to her hand, which was now holding a glass laced with a spiderweb of cracks. A huff of laughter from his nostrils as he watched her release her innocent prey.
"Eff, didn't even realize I was doing that. Sorry, Leo." She looked over the glass, wondering how it hadn't actually shattered.
He threw the stained rag over one black tee shirt-covered shoulder and gave a shrug as he braced his hip against the bar. "Tough days happen. I get it." His voice had a gravelly quality that spoke to the amount of cigarettes he smoked daily. Too many but not enough was always his answer when pressed about it. Nyx had lectured him more often than not, but it was an in-one-out-the-other type of thing, so she had given up.
"Yeah... I know you get to hear your fair share about them in here, so I'll spare you mine." Not that he would believe her if she told him anyway.
"You know I'm here to listen, hell, it's half of what I get paid for, I suspect. Listening to all you crybabies vent about how hard their lives are with their old ladies and bull jobs. I'm sure in your line of work, you've got the real fun stories." Nyx smiled without showing any teeth as her head hung down a bit. Always amused her that everyone assumed she was a cop of some kind. In a roundabout way, she kind of was. Sort of.
Waving off his offer with a small laugh of her own, "Really, I'm good. Maybe one day I can tell you some fun stories, but today... Today, I think I'll just pay for this and get outta here. Gotta get my beauty rest." A lie well-laced into the sentiment. She wouldn't ever be able to tell him what she did, and even if, by some miracle, she let the beans spill, he probably would just think she was off her rocker. To humans, monsters weren't real beyond the glow of a screen and the occasional serial killer.
The stories she could tell, though... The one about the witch who tried to cast some effed-up spell on her, but due to cheap ingredients ordered from some online conglomerate, all the damn spell did was make "Thriller" play over and over again on any device capable of it Nyx came near. It was funny the first few days, but after a week of Vincent Price's laugh, she couldn't hardly deal anymore. Oh! Or when some shitty little demon trying to make a name for himself snuck into what he thought was her apartment one night. It was not her apartment. It was the cookie-baking, sock-knitting Mrs. Penelope's. Who, oddly enough, was pleased to find a knife-wielding punk jumping on her in bed in the middle of the night. She had read a few too many of those 'lonely housewife' books fetishizing demons, and ooooh boy did he have his hands full of a faded flannel gown. Let's just say it was not Mrs. Penelope's screams that alerted Nyx to the issue happening next door.
Those were the fun stories, though. She had a lot more stories that were... not so comical.
Giving the glass one last swirl followed by a long drink, the ice cubes clattered down at its bottom as she set it down. Withdrawing a few bills, she slid them on the bar towards Leo. Offering him a more genuine smile as she stood and tapped the money before removing her hand. "Thanks for the..."
The slide of the jukebox picking out its assigned record had just mixed with the background noise of the bar. She had noticed it at first but didn't give it any thought until right then. A rhythmic, familiar song drifted up slowly through the chatter and groans. "It's close to midnight... and something evil's lurking through the dark..."
No. No way. She had that spell cast off weeks ago. Someone had chosen that song. It felt very purposeful. "Under the moonlight... you see a sight that almost stops your heart."
Nyx tried to turn as nonchalantly as possible to scan through the crowd. "This damn song. You think I'd get enough of it at Halloween that no one would want to hear it. I need to take that record out and smash it in the alley," Leo mumbled as he picked up her spent glass and wiped down the counter.
Not ignoring his commentary but not feeling inclined to answer him, Nyx's hand made an easing, familiar path towards her lower back. Something was here. She could feel it. Why hadn't she felt it up until this point? Fuck. Socializing and not paying attention was why. It was here... and it was here for her. Cranberry juice felt like an even better choice now. Being drunk and on the precipice of a fight would have been no good at all...
"Hey buddy, do we have a Freaken problem here? Watch where you're going," Nyx's eyes darted towards the question. There he was... whoever he was. One of the drunks must have stumbled into him and, per usual, blamed him for their mistake. Gods... what to do now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back