• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern La Lune Bleue

Upon closing to her, he grabbed her and hand kissed it, " bonjour Mademoiselle " ( hello miss) he said with a smile on his face, " Je suis Michael Corleone, et qui peut-etre cette belle fille etre? " (I am michael corleone, and who might this lovely girl be? ) he asked. After such a bore day and frankly useless start of night, finally Micheal could find something fun to do. For some reason he thought he had seen this girl before but he was not sure, so did not dare ask after all it was quite a common phrase used in the speakeasy, as the whole city was here and well most people did know each other not cause they had met before but cause they had seen them in the telly or newspaper.

Jolie had taken French lessons once upon a time. Though she was a little rusty, she knew what he was saying. She wondered if she had met him before, but simply just smiled as he kissed her hand and spoke. She responded without hesitation.

"Bonjour, monsieur. Je suis Jocelyn Larimer. Mai vous pouvez m'appeler Jolie. Parlez-vous anglais?" she asked sweetly, in practiced French. (Hello, sir. My name is Jocelyn Larimer. But you can call me Jolie. Do you speak English?).

Gerald:

With Louis departure I looked over to Gracie "Madam?" I said as I offered my hand and arm as we would journey to their personal booth. Gracie was kind of a southern belle and was always clad in jewels and dresses. I wasnt like other people that grew up here in the south, and didnt like my women to be trophies. Up north we liked women that can handle their own and dont need a man, but want one, things were far different back home. Who knows its the greatest point in history thus far and I am in one of the greatest cities to be in, so I might as well make the most of it.

After Louis introduced Stella and she began to sing he walked back into the crowded party. He looked around for a moment, he was looking for the man Gerald had pointed out earlier. Louis knew who this gentleman was, the Don, Sir Corleone. This man was very important to Louis business, though Louis didn't have any direct ties to the man yet. He finally saw him, at the bar with a young woman. Did the woman know who he was? If she didn't she could be in for a surprise later. Louis shrugged the thought out of his mind. That woman's future was none of business nor his responsibility. He walked over, "Mr. Corleone, what a pleasant surprise to see you here. How are you this evening?"

Grace wrapped her arm around Gerald's, "Thank you Gerald." She said as she was shown to her and Louis's private booth. As they walked she could see a gentleman at the bar with a young lady and Louis walking up to both of them. She had heard rumors about that man, who he was and what kind of business he ran."You've been under my husband's employment for quite sometime now haven't you Gerald?" She asked looking up at him with her warm brown eyes decorated with make up. "You've been very loyal to him and this business haven't you?" She just kept looking at him for a moment, and then abruptly looked forward, "I appreciate it Gerald, I really do. I like to think that perhaps you've become more than an employee. I'm sure Louis thinks of you as a dear friend now, I know I certainly do." Before she sat down at the booth she turned to Gerald, placing a gentle had on his chest. "And as friends you would do me favors yes?" She glanced back over at the bar. "Even the possibly unsavory kind? If only for the better." She said to him...looking into his eyes for a moment. Then smiled and took her hand away from his chest. "Look me, rambling on about nothin, so sorry Gerald darlin'. Why don't you go enjoy yourself? I'll be fine here." She told him as she sat down.

Egon/ Valter:

"I will be waiting right here for you, darling." He bowed and waved her off, then sat, and watched her walk away. He bit his lower lip then took a drag of his cigarette, and looked over to see Valter laughing hard slapping his knee and shaking his head. Egon straightened his tie and cuff-links, smirked in Valter's direction and shook his head. as he saw Ms Sawyer Walk on stage he pointed and smiled at the stage as a gesture for Valter to watch, they both fixed their eyes on her; and drank almost simultaneously.

James:

Just playing ambient piano jazz waiting for Stella to be announced, he saw Louis climbing the steps to the stage, and began to shush his band with his hands. Louis introduced Stella, and she walked out he saw her grab the mic and turn her head in his direction and nod. He winked, gave a little smile and began to play, his fingers across the black and white of the piano, he was reminded of Charlotte, and as tears hit the keys and his fingers, he kept playing, shaking his head, he closed his eyes, and lifted his head, then dropped it to blindly face his only form of repose now, his only get away, no matter how many bad thoughts or feelings he had while playing the piano, the only thing that made it better, was to play the piano.

Topps:

Sitting at the bar on his third shoeshine, he saw Sir Corleone walk over to a cute girl at the other end of the bar, then he thought "OO LOOOK...good old Louis Lebeau walked up to them, I suppose he wanted to make deals with his sort, of course he would how else would he get the liquor, not find moonshiners and illegal distilleries, and rum run it to his place, NOOOO not classy, sophisticated Lebeau. Fuck that guy!" Gulping down the last of his shoeshine..."Barkeep, another, and you see LeBeau, tell him when hes done talking to the fucking greaser, to come'n'sit over here; I gotta talk to 'em." and lit a cigarette as he saw the barkeep fill his glass with lager and whiskey.

" My what a pretty name and yes i can speak in English " he replied. He soon saw Louis join him. Micheal did appreciated the man was honorable enough to greet him nicely, a humble man he seemed to be. " Well not much of a surprise seeing you here " he commented comically after giving a laugh. " Well any evening in this speakeasy is fun now is it not. Oh where are my manners, i never introduced you two did? " he continued speaking with a smile at his face. " Mr. Louis meet Jolie, well Jolie i think you would know this popular man here. " he ended. He had a little bit of a vague idea on why Louis had came to greet him, it might be related to business and maybe Micheal's presence troubled him, even though Micheal had no intention to talk about that or business at the moment, specially when he just started to enjoy the night.

Liza, who was practiced in the art of walking while tipsy, sauntered with arms crossed over her chest and after purring the words "Moonshine under Moonlight", entered the speakeasy.

As she entered, she caught Gracie's eye from across the room and winked at her with a sly smile. Liza liked nothing about the girl, and knew for a fact that their dislike was shared. However.. where Gracie was, Louis was sure to be near. She let her eyes drift over the room until they fell upon him, talking to a Corleone.

Liza rolled her eyes and descended further into the speakeasy, towards the bar where Louis and his counterparts stood.

She sidled up to the bar counter, right next to them, playing as if she hadn't seen them at all and ordered in a clear, Liza-esque voice, "Bellini, please."

Jolie took a quick sip of her Mint Julep, and then set it on the bar gently. She extended a hand to the man who had joined her and Micheal. Of course she knew who he was.

"Good evening, Mr. LaBeau. Jolie Larimer. Pleasure to make your acquaintance," she said with an easy smile on her face. "My sister and I are quite the fans of your Blue Bayou Cafe. And you could say that La Lune Bleue is one of my favorite pastimes,"

She spoke smoothly, a warm and light tone to it. Her voice was even-tempered. She smoothed a loose curl of her coffee-colored hair behind her ear, tapping her foot absentmindedly to the beat of the hazy music. A sense of intrigue had settled within her at these two men. Micheal Corleone struck her as someone powerful. Powerful but dark. And she already knew Louis LaBeau to be an influential man in this town. But she simple blinked languidly, waiting for LaBeau's response.

"A pleasure to meet your acquaintance Miss Larimer." Louis said taking her hand, giving it quick kiss. "I'm happy to hear that enjoy my humble establishments." He then took a quick look at Corleone, he seemed to be enthralled with the girl. Which was fine with Louis. If the Don had no problems with Louis, then Louis certainly wouldn't have problems with him. And that was the only reason he came to greet him. It was then he heard that familiar voice at the end of the bar. He retained a frustrated sigh, and managed to smile at the two. "Well, I will let you both continue to enjoy the party. If there's anything you need please feel free to ask me." He then departed with them and walked over to Liza. He leaned on the counter just a foot or so away from her, "Hello Liza." His voice calm as always but with hint of a distasteful curiosity.

Stella's song ended. And she breathed deeply. Every night she sang with a power in her voice and it did indeed wear her out. That was the reason she only ever did one song at a time between Jazz. That and Louis wanted to keep the parties lively. She then stepped away from the mic, stopping by James for a moment, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. She said nothing, just gave him her silent sympathy. She didn't know what he had been through, but she knew from the way he played there was misery in him too. James was one of the most honest men she knew, and the poor man couldn't say a word. She then made her way backstage again, doing another makeup and hair check before going out into the speakeasy once more.

((I'm waiting for the bar tender to tell Louis about Topps sorry))

David :

He had almost forgot that mister Topps demanded for a meeting with his boss, as Louis was exiting the conversation he rush out of the bar asking his mate to do the duty for him for the time being. He rushed towards Louis and with Liza, he interrupted. " Erm..sir, mister Topps demanded to have a word with you at once. ". He took deep breath hopping to not get scolded for the delay in the message. He stood upright as he waited for a reply.

Micheal :

Micheal was happy that it was not related to business but just a friendly reunion of some sort. He turned his ebony eyes back towards Jolie. " may i have the honor to buy you a drink mademoiselle " he started as he called for the barkeeper. " What might you like? " he continued as he gazed at her glass nearly empty. A smile came to his face as he finally remembered who she was, she was the reporter for the news. He was not sure if Jolie had any idea of who he was and did not want to state it either.

( sorry too attached to that word xD fits everywhere)

Louis was about to start talking to Liza, when David appeared. He told him about Topps, and this time Louis couldn't retain the sigh of frustration that escaped his lips. Topps had been trying to become a partner in Louis' business for ages now. And despite the fact that Topps had previously owned and ran a fairly good speakeasy establishment, ever since it's demise Topps was somewhat of a mess. 'A difficult man to handle', was how Louis usually put it. He looked to Liza, "I'll come around again later. I have some business to take care of." He turned to David, "Thank you David, give miss Liza a drink on the house for the inconvenience will you?" He walked over to find Topps the way he usually found Topps, upset and drinking. "Topps, my good friend. How are you this evening? The liqour treating you alright?" He said, trying to maintain a gentlemanly tone, "Sorry for the wait I've been a rather busy man tonight."

Liza lifted a well-formed eyebrow at Louis as he apologized.

"Don't keep me waiting." she said playfully.

Accepting the drink from David with an exaggerated "Thank you, Davey.", Eliza turned and leant with her back against the bar, scanning the crowd for familiar or interesting faces.

Jolie smiled easily, but she inside she was trying to pinpoint why his face looked so familiar.

Ah! She knew. Micheal Corleone. The mob don. She set a hand on the bar, thoroughly unfazed. She simply wanted to enjoy herself. If this man was involved in unsavory things, it was his choice. Right now, he seemed like the perfect gentleman. How furious her sister Delphine would be if she knew that Jolie were, flirting with the Don Corleone. It didn't matter. She came here to unwind, and that's what she intended to do. Turning her attention back to him, she gave a slow grin. Surely he was wondering if she knew what his profession was. She decided to keep him on his toes, keep him guessing, and reveal nothing.

"You may. I'm a sucker for a Mint Julep," she said, naming her favorite drink as she peered at him.

He asked the bartender, " I hope you keep this lassie's glass filled with Mint Julep for the night", a grin came to his face. He was still curious if the girl knew who might Micheal be but did not dare to ask, it might have made him sound like a narcissistic person. " So tell me What is a fair lass like you doing here? " he asked, it was his attempted to spark a conversation. he took a sip from his glass which he had been holding like a chalice, well it did contain a fifty year old wine, surely to some these chalices were holding the water from fountain of youth. he waited for a replay as he scratches his chin a little, one of his hold habits it was.

( lol the kenedy pack from how i met your mother )

Jolie smiled with her eyebrows raised as the bartender refilled her Mint Julep. She turned her attention back to Micheal as she leaned back against the counter of the bar. Taking a quick sip, she thought about his question.

"You could say I just love the atmosphere," she said with a wink. "And the drinks aren't bad either," she continued, taking another sip from her Julep. Quirking one eyebrow up, she grinned mischievously.

"And what's a don like yourself doing here?" she said, revealing that she knew as she continued to tap her foot to the bluesy music.

He felt little surprise that she knew about him but well he was one of the leading names in organized crime not that it is something to be proud of, but well Micheal surely was. " It seems I some what popular " he commented. " Well i had some business to deal with " he continued with a smile that resembled the one on Jolie's face. " Verily the drinks here are exquisite " he commented as he finished his glass completely. " well aren't you a little reported " he said with a grin, revealing it. " Though I must say, the pencil you had prior to our meeting is now absent, i wonder why." he finished, now all the cards were on the table according to Micheal, he did not have any more secrets expect that he had just been doing business with a politician and that had the caliber to turn into a spicy article for Jolie.

Ah, so Mr. Corleone had recognized had indeed recognized her from their local paper. Not many people gave much attention to female reporters in the business. Society worked that way sometimes, and she was used to it.

"Oh, the pencil. I like to separate business and pleasure," she said impishly. "Unless you want to give me a story,"

She tucked a loose curl back into its pin. She brought her glass to her lips, taking a slow sip, as she looked at him, waiting for his reply.

" well well aren't you like a smart vixen " he comment with a smile, slowly pulling his tie as to loosen it, " maybe if you ask nice enough i might even give you one. " he winked his right eye gently, before compliment " I do like your hairstyle ". He as for a refill. He was sure what might this reporter desire to get out of him, but Micheal did like to play a little before giving in. He had a grin just on thinking that he had found a good enough source of entertainment that might last for a few days.

Gerald:

I eventually guided her to her table and sat her down, I noticed her choice in words and her hand on my chest. I thought nothing of it for the time being and simply nodded to her "Madam, enjoy your show" and with that I was off to the bar to sit down and find some company. preferably someone who has more then a few stone between their ears. I hated dull conversations, I loved the enterchange of ideals and ideas, Science and politics, the things most people never cared for... The life of the party was nothing like the french quarter, artists, writers, thinkers all coming together. This was the same like minded people, yet there were a select few who stood out from the crowd, those that had more to say then their appearance let onto.I came eventually to the bar and tapped twice to let the keep know I was here, old boy knew me well enough to know what I preferred, fruitiest thing he had.

Gerald had sidled up to the bar just a few spaces away. A genuine smile slipped over Liza's face. With Gerald she could talk politics, art, her screenplays, France, the lot! And though he never approved of the manner in which she treated men, unfaithful as she was, he approved of her friendship.

Having not seen Gerald since her last trip to the speakeasy, which was months ago - as Liza was occupied with her latest release - she was glad to see him, and let out a delighted laugh in his direction.

"Gerald, my friend. It has been too long."

She picked up her drink from the bar counter and crossed over to him, leaning in to kiss him on both cheeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald:

Eliza was already here, a good friend and nothing more, she had some what of a reputation with men. "Liza" I said with a nod "It has been a while" I picked up my drink and took another swallow, she was looking quite ravishing if I dare say so. "I like what you've done with your hair" I said as I turned towards her to see that her figure hadn't changed much at all. It was a strange thing to see from the outside perspective, a stunningly beautiful woman, and she had the company of a gentleman, yet they were never romantically involved, strange indeed to most but she was a good friend who could hold a conversation with the queen and make her feel jealous if she wanted to. I liked having a conversation partner, and she for some odd reason liked my company. "it suits you very well, brings out your cheeks, and your eyes" I said as I downed another gulp. Liza was one of the few people I felt like it didnt matter that I was a Montana farm boy, it didnt matter weather I was talking like Louis and being a gentlemen, or if I reverted to being plain Gerald from Montana.

Liza grinned at her friend's compliments, running a hand through her hair.

"Thank you, It needed to come off. Thought I'd regret it - not in the slightest."

She looked him over and took him lightly by the arm, "You look well. I've been thinking about you."

Leading him away from the bar counter, his arm in her one hand and her drink in the other, Liza began to explain;

"We're starting production on my latest picture this week - in the French Quarter. Of course, when the location was decided, I couldn't help but think of you."

Gerald:

"seeing as I have a Cafe as well as live in the French Quarter it might be hard to miss" I wondered for a moment what the picture would be about? it would have to be either historic, but this is Liza we are talking about so its most likely a love story. "Trying to get the Romanticism of France and not leave America?" I asked as we walked along. There was almost never a dull moment with Liza around, and things had been quite quiet in her absence.

"You know me too well, Gerald." she smiled. Letting her eyes drift over the people again, she added: "But I've caught you out on this one. It is not so much the Romanticism that I am vying for in the French Quarter, but the political atmosphere. Of course, there will be a few minor romances, but I won't spoil anything. You'll be sure to see it?"

Of all the things Liza had missed about La Lune Bleue, she had missed Gerald's conversation the most. More so than the excellent refreshments and the beautiful men - missed it more than even Louis, himself. At this thought, she flashed a glance in Grace's way again, wondering for a moment if such a woman was really better than her. Then again, it was Liza herself who had caused the split between herself and Louis.. Returning old thoughts to the back of her mind, she placed her attention once again on Gerald.

Harry took one last look around to check there was nobody watching him before knocking on the door and giving them the "Moonshine under Moonlight" password. He'd got the buzz on this joint from the glory that was Glory, the cook onboard the Delphine. In between singing snatches if deep down blues Glory had told Harry about the music, the atmosphere and the characters a guy could meet in just one night at La Lune. As he walked inside he slipped the bowler he'd won off that business man in London and looked around. The joint was swinging. There were a dames a plenty, some of them real choice bits of calico. He made his way to the bar and started to roll a cigarette while he waited for one of the bartenders to come over to him.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back