• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern La Lune Bleue

XxRoseAlchemistxX

Alchemist in training
Role Play Rating:

• M - Mature (17+)

Role Play Status:

Open - Accepting

Welcome Dolls and Gents to La Lune Bleue, the finest speakeasy in New Orleans. Here every night's a party. The band offers the best Jazz to play all night long, the show girls are the bee's knees and the liqour is pure and sweet. Come on in, just find your way to Blue Bayou Cafe go to the front desk and give us the code, "Moonshine under Moonlight". Enjoy the party! After all a little party never killed nobody.

La Lune Bleue is one of many speakeasy establishments in New Orleans and they have plenty of friends, and foes.

It's the roarin' 20's, prohibition is in full effect but that's not stopping anyone. Bootleggers work for speakeasies all along the country making, buy and selling what alcohol they can, and sometimes less than pure variations of it. None of it's easy, there's plenty of cut-throats in the business, hell even the cops are crackin' down if they ain't dirty. If your business or establishment threatens another, you best be worried that someone wants you offed. Despite all this, life's a party and a grand one at that so take your drink in hand and enjoy it.

The Blue Bayou Cafe and Restaurant

blue-bayou-restaurant-sign.jpg

La Lune Bleue - Underneath the Blue Bayou.

(this a little more modern but you get the general idea)

social-events_1.jpg

Standard Rules

1. No god modding.

2. No over powered or god like characters.

3. Swearing is allowed but keep it reasonable.

4. If a sexual scene should occur please use a "fade to black" or similar method.

5. I will not accept Mary Sues/Gary Stus. If you don't know if your character qualifies as one of these here is are a couple of links.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CommonMarySueTraits

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/SoYouWantTo/AvoidWritingAMarySue

(This last one is a sarcastic take on the subject)

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Mary-Sue

If you still are unsure message me about your character and I will let you know.

6. Keep your post more than a sentence long. At least a paragraph please.

7. If your character gets into a confrontation with another character and a death is possible, please discuss such things with the other character's writer. Do not kill a character without that writer's permission or consent.

RP Specific Rules

I'm going to allow a huge variety of characters in this RP from regular citizen's(dolls, flappers, gents and jazz players alike), to speakeasy owner/runners, bootleggers/smugglers to mobsters and cops. So long as it fits in the 20's everything should be good.

If you work for a specific speakeasy please say so by naming.(You could be a jazz player, show girl, bartender etc.) If your an owner of speakeasy make sure the establishment has a cover speakeasies were kept secret and often had a secret knock, code or password for entrance.

Remember that liquor doesn't just magically appear you have to get if from somewhere and getting it can be tough. You've got to find a way to pay for it(getting pure stuff is hard), make sure it doesn't get stolen or be the one stealing it but beware people get shot over deals all the time especially if someone wants you dead or your stealing their stash.

Cops can't magically know the passwords, or locations of speakeasies, so if your going to be a cop do your detective work. To run a speakeasy it typically needs an own, a source(your bootleggers), somebody to get your source and possibly some hired guns. Raids are also a thing, plenty of people have gotten shot up in shoot outs within speakeasies.

I've already established a speakeasy with my own characters but feel free to make a character that runs a rivaling speakeasy. There was a lot competition going on then.

Last edited by a moderator:
XxRoseAlchemistxX updated La Lune Bleue with a new update entry:

Historical References

Since this is a realistic role play set in a specified era I figured I'd help out by giving everyone some historical references.
This page has a lot links to useful references

http://referenceforwriters.tumblr.com/post/41899108791/do-you-have-any-research-resources-for-someone-writing

Please remember to stay as historically accurate as you can. If you aren't sure of something make sure to do research! Over all have fun everyone.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Another summer night set upon New Orleans and while some were tucked away at home, others were in taking part in the cities nightlife. The Blue Bayou cafe was closed for the night, yet people still came in through it's door. Walking up to the counter, and whispering to the gentleman there, "Moonshine Under Moonlight." they were guided to the back of the cafe and what appeared to be a wood wall. It opened up as the gentleman knocked and they were be lead down a short set of stairs, then down a narrow tunnel and to another door, and upon opening it, La Lune Bleue speakeasy was revealed.

It was just the start of the night and speakeasy was nearly filled to the brim with it's usual patrons. People of all walks of life participated in the grand party beneath the grand city. Old money, new money, jazz players, flappers, even prestigious businessmen, they were all there. The band played upbeat jazz music as show girls in flashy outfits danced on the stage. People were at tables talking, other on dance floor. The place seemed to sparkle as it was filled with an excited energy as people drank and partied. The host of this grand party was none other than Louis LaBeau the owner of Blue Bayou and the now beloved La Lune Bleue. He walked around the party introducing himself and chatting with some of his patrons, his heavenly beauty of a wife, Grace LaBeau at his arm charming people left and right with nothing but a smile at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerald:

It was a night like any other, the sounds of music a little ways off, the people coming into the cafe, the smell of liqueur and perfume in the air. Another night at The Blue Moon and things were lively as always, I stood at the door and introduced people as they came by. No one knew it but I had my 1911 on my waist under my coat, that is unless they were accustomed to being around firearms. Even if someone was to notice they all knew it was a precaution in case something should go wrong. Officers, Politicians, Celebrities, they all came to The Blue Moon for it was thus far the biggest and grandest spot to be. We had beaten out the other competitors a long time ago, some of them even managed to hold out and now they serve some of the lower classed people. I might even have been there and not here if I hadn't meet Louis. The man was honest in most his dealings, and even more so with me, so he was alright be me... even if he had a thing for french names, we are in New Orleans after all. I would be standing here until the last of the guests arrived and then I would go among the guests and have a little fun.

"Moonshine under moonlight.''

She said the words as she had a few times before, moving through the crowds upon entry...oh, how her sister would not approve of her being here alone. She glanced down at her navy sequined sheath dress as it glittered in the light and smoothed it down. Walking in, she reviled in the eager vibe of the bar. The speakeasy atmosphere was a rich one, lighthearted and abuzz with excitement. She went to the bar and ordered a mint Julep. Holding the drink in slender fingers, she leaned slightly against the bar while observing her surroundings. Maybe there would be an interesting person to interview here. But maybe not. Actually, she hoped not. Jocelyn Larimer had begun coming to the La Lune Bleue speakeasy not to work, but to relax and let the lively music loosen her up.

She tapped the toe of her heeled shoes to the music, the vibrant jazz filtering through the air. Drink in hand, she bobbed her head along to the beat...just happy to be out of the house and in a place where excitement crackled through the air. She took a sip of the Julep, smile on her face as she melted into the surroundings of her very favorite speakeasy.

James Rukkus:

As he entered La Lune Bleue he tapped Monsieur LaBeau's shoulder tipped his hat and hung his coat. readied the piano and drum set on stage. finished with that, went over to the barkeep getting things ready, and tapped twice on the counter for the usual, a stout glass of Whiskey and a pint glass full of water. He then went to his seat at the piano and sipped at both lit a ciggarette, and began to play as the joint got in motion for the night.

Topps Flanery:

Stormed into the blue Bayou just as the regular time for La Lune Bleue would typically open "Moonshine under Moonlight...Now let me in!" Shoving aside the front man and storming into the speakeasy like he was on a mission from god cigarette dangling from his mouth, as he sat at the bar tapping his fingers on its top sipping his warm Lagger and whiskey mix (Topps called it "the shoeshine"), he asked the barkeep "Where's LaBeau? If you see him wave him over here, I want to talk, alright?" and continued to gulp at his shoeshine.

Egon Klimt & Valter Fiore:

Walking in Valter in Front of Klimt, coming from a very successful Gallery opening, (Klimts first open in New Orleans) just north of the Blue Bayou, they decided to take a stroll with the gallery's owner and he referred them here La Lune Bleue. they walked in and sat at an empty table, music jivin' and people'a' thrivin' Valter lit two cigarettes at once and gave one to his patron and the other he let dangle off his lip, and left to get drinks. he walked to the bar and stood next to a very drunk maybe mid to late twenties Irish lookin fellow, and yelled at the bar keep "Eh, Uh hello, Two scotch, three fingers, and eh' no ice." as he received the beverages he walked back to the table handed Klimt his drink and said "Signiore Klimt, go have fun, you eh' deserve it after tonight, for another beautiful show." As they both smiled and touched glasses Klimt responded just as the ring of the glass came and went "I vill, and so shoult you, my friend, go fint a gerl to take to zeh hotel, as I vill do zeh same and ve vill bott end zeh night on a goot note." A smile and a wink to each other, Klimt rose from his seat and began to mingle, Valter Watching Klimt like a hawk and scanning the room as he sipped his drink and dragged his cigarette, reclined into a relaxed position at the table and tapped his foot to the music.

Stella had come in earlier before all the guests had arrived as she usually did every night. She had been back stage getting ready for the night, this meant doing her hair in long curls off to the side, doing her dramatic yet not over done makeup and putting on that now famous dress of hers. The long navy blue dress glittered and shimmered like a night sky she both loved a despised it. She was typically told to wait till after her performance before she could go out from behind the stage, however she was in need a smoke and Louis didn't appreciate smoking behind stage, too many flammables. So she left and found a table close to the bar and started up a cigarette. If Louis didn't like it, he have to deal with it. She could already sense the eyes of lustful men upon her.

Egon Klimt immediately noticed the woman in the long blue dress as soon as he stood from his original position by Valter, as he dodged other people dancing and standing around mingling in the room, he walked over to her table and as he sat next to her he asked her "No one is sitting here, correct? Forgive my forwardness, but you are Stella? I have heard many a good thing about your voice." sipping at his scotch looking her in the eye.

Stella took a long drag not really bothering to look in the gentleman's direction at first. This would be the first of many men to come to her tonight. She then exhaled slowly the smoke filling the space between them for a brief moment, "That'd be me, something I can help you with?" She finally took a look at the man. He was a blonde haired, with vibrant blue eyes and rather classy attire. Not usually the sort Stella put up with on her daily basis at the speakeasy, though she wouldn't pass judgment yet. Could never tell a book by it's cover after all.

"Darling, why such fierce eyes in my direction?" as he pulled back slightly and cocked his head to the side he gave a seductive glare and smile. putting his left hand with the cigarette pressed between his index and middle fingers, palm chest-ward touching his suit with the tips of his fingers. "I truly mean you no harm, simply inquiring. Allow me to introduce myself -- Klimt, Egon Klimt--" as he placed his scotch on the table and reached his right hand out to shake hers and took a short drag of his cigarette.

Stella raised an eyebrow and skepticism at first, but put a hand out anyway. He wasn't being overly flirty, and wasn't desperately trying to get her to sleep with him. "Nice to meet you Egon, I'm Stella Sawyer as you already know." She said. "Sorry about the sour attitude, not to used to seeing real gentleman of class around here." She spoke honestly, with her usual cynical tone. She took another drag of her cigarette and exhaled, "So, what brings you to this juice joint, other than the liquor huh?" She wasn't usually one for flapping gums, but she figured the chit chat couldn't hurt. Besides having a tolerable man conversing with her would make not so tolerable men less likely to bother her.

"Very good to meet you as well, Ms Sawyer." He lifted her hand and kissed it, giving a small bow. "Its no problem, darling, I'm certain the men that try to be flirtatious with you are not exactly at the same level of sophistication as I am." winking and chuckling a little, he took a sip of his scotch, in response to her query "Vell, I am a painter, and I just finished the opening of my first show in New Orleans, and I vas a little thirsty so asking the right people, they recommended here, and highly regarded your voice. Im certain as vell that it must be just as beautiful as you are." Gently touching her exposed shoulder, and taking another sip of his scotch. he put out his finished cigarette, and pulled out a silver tin from his inside jacket pocket and opened it, to show 15 more cigarettes, he took one out tapped it on the closed tin, "Vould you like one, darling, yours is running short?" and offered it to her.

The kiss on the hand she didn't mind, however brushing her shoulder was pushing it. Not to mention he seemed to be quite fond of all this. It all felt very skin deep, however he hadn't hit three strikes yet, and Stella wasn't the kind to turn down a free ciggy either. "A painter huh? You're in the right place New Orleans is all about the arts as of late." She said, shrugging the ice off her heart and finally trying to take the conversation a bit more seriously. "My voice can't be all too splendid the only place I can manage to get a gig is at a juice joint." She spoke her thoughts aloud, realizing what she had said she quickly answered his question, "That'd be an offer I can refuse, thanks hun."

After lighting her cigarette he placed another between his lips, and sparked it. "Yes, Ive been here for two days and the galleries i have seen are magnificent!" getting a little too excited, he turned it down a notch, and said "But, Darling, never sell yourself short, it may be a 'Juice Joint' but it is still work, and from one artist to another, because that is what you are; you are an artist of sound, you are in a position where people can appreciate your works, your songs. That is what truly matters, when people appreciate your hard work; all the emotions you present to these people these crowds, night after night, i could only imagine it as a very vulnerable state, on stage you know, Im certain I would feel bear as a new born child." jerking his head in the direction of the stage. He continued "Also as long as you continue doing this, you will become happy, things happen when they are supposed to happen. You will see, Darling, be patient and good things will come." winking once more and sipping at his scotch again.

A quick smile spread across Stella's face, if there was something this man was being honest about it was his love of art. It dissipated slightly when he began talking to her about singing up on stage, and how it must nerve wracking. "It's not too bad, it's not like I'm laying soul bare for the world to see." Was all she cold manage to say, because it was true. Her songs of sorrow and love weren't her at all, at least now how she thought of herself. The idea of love to her seemed like a cheap joke. A little happiness only to suffer massive heart break later.

"Darling, I speak from my perspective, I could never do what you do (returning a smile to her); I am far too reclusive. What I mean is you have the courage of a warrior, (Poking aggressively at his chest) and it is extremely admirable." as he sipped again at his scotch almost half empty. "Darling, forgive my forwardness once more, but your last statement, seemed cut short. There is much more to you than what you would like others to perceive, is there not?" dragging long at his cigarette.

She laughed mildly at his actions. He was bit eccentric but she found unique and entertaining. "Courage of a warrior huh?" She thought about that for a moment, it was something she had never really thought about herself. She took a quick drag as he asked another question, exhaling her smiled struggled to retain its shape. Quickly she recovered as not to give much away, "Well, you'll come to learn a lot of people are like that in here." She successfully avoided a direct answer, or least she hoped she did. As Stella took another drag of her cigarette she could she Louis in the distance out of the corner of her eye. It would be nearly show time soon and she'd have to be back stage before then.

"Yes, a warrior." he noticed her eyes shifted ever so slightly out of contact with his, and he turned his head to see none other than Louis LeBeau. "Ahhh is it show time already?" a small chuckle escaped his smile. "Listen, Darling, I would like to ask your permission to continue this after you finish singing? Do you find that acceptable?" he sat up out of the seat, and offered his hand to help her out of hers.

Michael Corleone walked into the closed cafe, not alone but with 5 more members each with a serious look on their face. He walked towards a wooden door, one of the henchmen that were marching next to him came forward and whispered to the bouncer who stood next to the wooden door, " Moonshine under the Moonlight ". The doors opened revealing the place where the New Orleans's night lifestyle resided.

He looked around before taking a spot at a corner, he sat down and let himself go with the melodious jazz. It was not long till his henchman brought him a wine. It took a sip of the plush wine, he could recognize the very moment it touched his lips that it was old, and it surely tasted exquisite. Soon a gentleman that resembled a local politician took a sit next to him. Michael grunted as he felt offended on not being greeted before settling. The man was talking and purposing a business idea that Micheal would have surely declined in a short while. the only reason he did not shut the man up right on the spot cause he needed to pull a few strings for his brother. it seemed he was having a little trouble by the bull of a police, trouble in the supply of liquor and well drinks were something hard to get in these times, but Michael was surely not going to another speakeasy for that.

While the man was blabbing on and on, Micheal attention was towards the bar, he had winked to his brother who stood at the bar, almost behind a girl. The girl resembled a reporter, maybe of the newspaper. Micheal was not sure if his wink would be doubt as a disrespectful gesture by the female reporter or was she not looking in his direction. Micheal would have not liked a ugly misunderstanding now would he?

The Julep in her hand was dwindling down. Down the bar, she saw Stella Sawyer, the woman whose voice drew many to La Lune Bleue. She dropped the pencil that was tucked behind her ear into her purse clutch, slowly finishing up her drink. Taking the sprig of mint that was used as garnish, she bit into it, savoring its fresh flavor as she scanned the crowd. Her ears glanced upon a well-dressed man sitting in a corner, a few other gentleman surrounding him...an older politician-looking man sat beside him, talking. The gentleman had a bored expression on his face, as though he cared very little about what the other man was saying.

He winked, which surprised her a bit. Was that directed to me? she thought to herself, raking a hand through her hair. Pausing a moment, she looked over. Jolie didn't care if the wink was directed towards her or not. Her impulsive nature took over at that point. She allowed a slow grin to quirk up part of her lips, and winked back in the direction of the man. Ah, the age of equality, she thought pleasantly, chuckling a bit as she turned to the bartender and ordered another drink. Whether the wink was directed to her or not, this could shape up to be a very interesting evening.

Micheal had a smile on his face, and he laughed a bit, he did not care if it intruded the politician or not but unluckily for him the guy just coughed and then continued. Micheal had all his fears dissolved now, intact he was surprised to be winked at. Now he was just curious and intrigued to meet this girl. He took another sip from his wine as asked the guy's permission to get up for a moment. Before getting up he whispered to the ears of a fat henchman, it was one of his most loyal one. " make a offer he cannot refuse" he said, soon a grin took over his face as he got up. The offer Micheal so talked about was either offer them the fair amount of money they deserve and as Micheal never appreciated a no the other option being, no payment to be submitted and the task being completed or the soul of the person shall be claimed. Micheal had connections to even the highest judges, surely no one would be daring enough to run to the police.

Micheal slowly walked towards the bar where the lady stood, he step he took gently creating a melody from the thud of his shoe, the tone matching the jazz. He grabbed both the collars of his coat and pulled it mildly giving it a pull as if straightening it. He knew that his face was being lighted by a elvish grin as he walked towards the girl, but well he did not care

Stella smiled and took Egon's hand to help her from her seat. Standing up, she took quick noticed that Louis hadn't spotted her yet. That was good. She quickly took another drag of her cigarette before snuffing what was left of it out on the ash tray the table had. Exhaling before responding to her new acquaintance, 'That's be fine hun." She then started walking away to the backstage stopping for a moment and turning back to him, "See ya after the show." She waved and continued to walk away her hips swaying back and forth being emphasized by her shimmering dress. Once Stella was back stage she did a quick check to assure her makeup and hair was still good. Show time would be any minute now.

Gerald:

After a time of standing around a Gentlemen with five other serious looking guys following him entered. I didnt like the look of these guys, Orleans didnt have a huge crime problem but it was still there lurking even where we wouldnt like to tread. I decided to enter after them and find Louis to tell him of some of our guests. I walked through the crowds of people drinking talking and dancing all the while look for my employer. I eventually found him, not too far away from Gracie as usual, and taped him on the shoulder. "We have a few guests you might want to keep an eye on sir" I said to him pointing them out in the crowd. "one there looks to be their leader" I said pointing out the one tha entered first and gave the pass code.

Louis turned away from one of his guests for a moment as he felt a tap on his shoulder. It had been Gerald, he told Louis of suspicious group but he instantly recognized them as they were pointed out. This was serious indeed. "Thank you Gerald, I'll go introduce myself to them as soon as I can." He then said goodbye to his current guest, owner of a jewelry shop and turned back to Gerald. "I'm going to announce Ms. Sawyer's performance would you mind escorting Gracie to our booth Gerald?" Gerald was a good friend of Louis and a good employee. His time in the war had made him an excellent bouncer, body guard and extra muscle for those....more difficult deals. He gave Grace a kiss and left for the stage. Once the band stopped playing and the show girls made their way to the back he quickly grabbed the mic. "Good evening everyone I happy to see some familiar faces in the crowd tonight! I hope you are enjoying yourselves, and now without further ado I present for your listening and view pleasure our beautiful and stunning La Lune Bleue songbird Ms. Stella Sawyer!"

Stella waited for Louis to leave the stage before making her entrance, all the lights had been dimmed except for the one spotlight now shining on her. She looked out to the crowd, and gingerly took hold of the mic. She reminded herself of the horrors of the world she lived in. Her mother had always told her, 'grow up to be a fool Stella, being smart in today's world will only bring you misery.' Though her mother's words were true, Stella was no fool, and it indeed bring her misery. It was this misery she used to power her songs. She turned to James, who sat at the piano and gave a nodd. Though jazz was popular now Stella's songs were sang slow, and sad accompanied by James's beautiful piano work.

((Stella's Song:

))

The bartender handed Jolie her second Julep. She took it, taking a slow sip. In the corner of her vision, she could see the man stand and approach her. She didn't look over just yet, but a smile was on her face. Smoothed down the deep blue sequins on her dress, and took another drink of her Julep. She twirled the straw in her drink. She glanced over slightly, seeing that the man had a sly grin on his face. She returned the grin with her own, eyebrows raised, boldly looking on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back