Kromm - Symphony of Thieves

Cool thanks. My character will probably hang out with Dago's since they both don't like to move fast.

Noah and Fuiji would make a great supporting duo. Noah casts long-lasting spells to help the party as a whole, while Fuiji shapeshifts and travels around the battlefield to help individual allies on the fly.

@Procculus , I dunno. Personal preference, I suppose. Go for harmonica if you really want to.

Some miscellaneous Vesper info:

On Vesper Magic

Vesper song-magic is unique, its true mechanics, forms, and theories of use known only to them as they have been taught by Vex himself. It differs greatly from conventional means of spellcasting, such as reagents and magic circles/inscriptions.

Simply put, song-magic uses musical instruments as a replacement for incantations, summoning magical power through combinations of notes produced by the instruments. In the same way that instruments use different methods of producing sound, so too do the spells they cast vary in effect and method of casting. According to Vex, song-magic originates as pure, untapped power from the soul itself, manifested and channeled through music and song as magic.

Vesper magic is centered around the knowledge, acquisition, usage, and, in the case of Combat, improvising of note combinations referred to as "sequences". Each sequence's effect is determined by the combination of notes that make it up, and, in some cases, how those notes are played as well.

Combat - Vesper song-magic, in a trained hand, is devastating in combat. Combat sequences are very free-form, and can be combined and improvised in nearly endless ways to perform the same effect. In terms of actual effects, the possibilities are nearly endless, and most Bards (Vesper combat mages) develop their own theme and style of spellcasting that is unique to their personality and song-magic technique. Combat sequences, unlike the other two branches, can strung together one after another to "combo" attacks and spells and form completely improvised songs. Professional Bards are able to put together combos and sequence-chains on the fly in the heat of battle, casting the perfect combination of notes to suit the situation and dispatch enemies. It is both beautiful and terrifying to witness in action.

Enchanting - This branch generally refers to magic not directed towards an ally or foe. This branch is divided mostly into transportation and imbuing. Transportation can either be portals which can be traversed by humans, or short sequences to "summon" weapons too large to be carried from one place to another, such as percussion sets or particularly large string instruments like basses or harps (such instruments are obviously classified as Heavy). Imbuing is most commonly used among Vespers to enchant their instruments to give properties such as increased durability for use as a combat weapon, or more efficient sound production for enhanced spellcasting. No matter whether a Vesper is better at imbuing or transportation, they are referred to as Composers. Most Vesper enchantments are fairly simple to cast, usually never more than one or two sequences long, but require flawless form to cast, lest the instrument you're trying to imbue with weightlessness catch fire or dissolve into liquid instead. Perfection and patience are key when Enchanting is involved.

Support - Some Vespers will accompany the Bards to missions and combat, but instead of directly inflicting harm, these Vespers cast spells and form sequences that target their allies to assist them and protect them from harm. These spells can do things like heal wounds, form shields and barriers, cure ailments, or imbue allies with increased speed or fervor. They can also use spells that affect enemies, but these spells very rarely cause damage and, more often than not, inflict status effects such as slowing their movement, causing mental confusion, putting targets to sleep, or even making them flee in abject terror. Support Vespers who target allies are referred to as Muses, and those who target enemies are called Sirens. They can be male or female, despite the feminine connotation of the titles. A Support Vesper does not have to specialize in either, and can be classified as both of these titles.

@The Villain King Will make a profile once I read everything and can sit to write the profile. Are support characters needed or Attackers? Also is any race allowed, possibly might want to be a kitsune. Mostly going to be based off a Kitsune Bard I made in a D&D game.

@The Villain King Will make a profile once I read everything and can sit to write the profile. Are support characters needed or Attackers? Also is any race allowed, possibly might want to be a kitsune. Mostly going to be based off a Kitsune Bard I made in a D&D game.

Any race allowed, but I highly encourage creativity. Combat Vespers are needed more than supports.

We already have a Japanese shapeshifter, so a kitsune might be a no-go.

Ahhh hm... I could go with something more reptilian, was reaserching dragon physiology for another rp

(Damn phone)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I be half-dozen half-man but holds the appearance more of a demon?

@Shura Sure, reptilian would be acceptable.

@LifeNovel What's 'half-dozen' mean? Autocorrect?

Also, just saying guys, but the RP has started. I made the first post yesterday, so you are all free to post once you are ready. Remember, one paragraph minimum. Give other people a chance to post, and tag them in the post if it concerns them.

Gosh dang my phone autocorrected me...I meant half-demon not half-dozen...

No demons, I hate seeing them everywhere in RPs and I'm rather sick and tired of them. They're a cliche, worn-out, overdone race and I won't allow them. If you really want, you can make someone with demon-like features (horns, small bat-wings, etc.), but no actual demons or half-demons.

Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive or rude, but I just really hate demons.

Same goes for angels.

Understandable

I just saw this image and wanted to make it a character.

What species do you think it could be then?

Azezaelbunny.jpg

Make up a new species that looks like that.

People are being strangely hesitant to just invent a new race.

Should I include extra abilities these species have compared to humans?

Yes, don't go overboard with them. Maybe like two or three at most. They should also have weaknesses/flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back