• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Cult of Illithiss

marorda

Oddball and author
When the guards received the first reports from Meadowcreek, not much was done with it. After all, the village wasn't officially part of the city's territory. But, knowing the village rather fell under the rule of Alajana's Rest rather than being ruled by Llangar, ruled by an elf, the higher-ups eventually decided to sent some guards down to that tiny, once so peaceful village. It were only simple goblin attacks, were it not? Something the guards could easily deal with. Or so they thought. The guards never returned, and the people in the village are on the verge of panicking. Not in the last place because of the unsettling face paint on the goblins' faces. The blood-red skull, once the sign of the Cult of Illithiss. Could this mean something big is going on?

----- This game has currently started. No new members will be accepted at this moment.-----

And I'm just gonna tag the people who reserved spots here. RP will open once all characters are posted and accepted.

@DryPunishment

@HunterJJ

Another report on the Goblins near Meadowcreek reached the city watch of Alajana's Rest. They had grown rather tired of these reports now. And they did not want to risk losing more men. The three patrols they had sent there before had never returned. Not a single thing was heard from them after they left. It was about time to take more serious measures. It was time they would start looking for brave adventurers willing to risk their lives for the sake of greater good.

And so the notices were put up. Both in the adventurers guild, and on several spots in the city.

"To all those who wish to serve the city: aid the citizens of Meadowcreek in their continuing fight against the goblins scum! Great rewards wait those who can bring proof of the death of the goblin leader."

Last edited by a moderator:
Gor was resting in a tavern that was open to most humanoid creatures and it was outside the racist kingdom. Not too far as it still had your average drunken insult-spitter from Alajana's Rest. 'Mindless-brute", "Ranchid Orc" . Gorrund learned to cope with it.

Suddenly a group of guards from the city barge inside.

"We are looking for capable warriors to become guards of Meadowcreek. No matter your past we will hire anyone who wishes to help. Rewards will be plenty for any brave soul who wishes to give a hand."

The orc burst out laughing.

"What is so funny,pale orc?"

"I wish to become a guard of Meadowcreek,human."

The orc got up standing almost twice as high as the tallest guard. A pale orc such as himself was a rare sight. They kept to the mountain and the mountain only.

The guards were shocked. An orc fighting alongside them? By his own choice? If times weren't so desperate they'd laugh in his face.

"As a knight of Alajana's Rest I hereby pronounce you as an honorable Guard of the village of Meadowcreek. Pick up your equipment and follow us."

He picked up and sheathed his axe.

"Let us move,then"

Stendant was sitting up against a tree outside the tavern that Gor was in, drunk 'talking' with Byorn

"Byorn you are the best companion.... {hic}..... to ever walk... {hic}..... the face of this here earth"

Byorn just sat wide eyed staring, as if expecting something to happen, as this was the first time Stendant ever drank alcohol. Stendant began flailing his arms about screaming "The world is coming to a end, the worlds going to end!" after that he began shouting some very obscene language and throwing gold coins everywhere, not noticing people were thieving them.

Euthalia was deep under the Esdan river, staring up at the beauty of sunlight breaking across the ever-undulating depths of the river. 'I have done this ,in my life, somewhere short of 3,000 times?' She mused. 'It's time something happened...' Euthalia returned her gaze upward, and whether by fate or sheer coincidence, a bit of parchment fell onto the surface of the water. She watched it for a moment as it fell victim to the quick pace of the current, then decisively sprang and grasped the paper in her hands. She opened it, and read "To all those who wish to serve the city: aid the citizens of Meadowcreek in their continuing fight against the goblins scum! Great rewards wait those who can bring proof of the death of the goblin leader." Her first reaction was laughter. Great rewards? She did not treasure mere trinkets. A wish to aid the citizens of Meadowcreek? Without her those pesky humans wouldn't be there in the first place. There was no reason why she should want to help them. But, there was. Nagging in some murky part of her consciousness was a desire to join this fight. Perhaps it was a maternal instinct towards the city, perhaps it was a desire for change; after all, she had not left the river in 15 years. Perhaps we shall never know. In any way, Euthalia sprung out of the water, donning a gown of pure water that glimmered like diamonds. Her dark hair was embroidered with shells and precious stones. Altogether she looked like a goddess with a matching air of superiority. Walking to the small town, she called some guards to her.

"You there... Yes, yes, Shut your gaping mouth, it's me. I wish to join your cause against the goblins."

Of course they consented, and Euthalia was registered as a guard of Meadowcreek; the first Naiad to hold such a title in the city.

Gor couldn't help,but look at the drunken lizard outside of the tavern,throwing coins and shouting that this is the end of times.

He heard the knight ask for his name

"Gorrund Blacksteel."

As he expected they had no idea who he was in relation to his clan, or thar he was almost a chieftain. It didn't matter.

One of the guards accompanying the knight wrote his name down on a paper with a quill that looked new.

He looked back at the lizard in dissapointment.

"You there. Would you mind shouting a tad lower or at least keep your coins for yourself. People are getting frisky with them."

He got closer to the half-lizard and he lowered down a little to match the heights a bit. Gor picked up the remaining coins and returned them to him realizing he might throw them away again.

"Who are you,I am a thief"

Stendant said while trying to keep himself from vomiting up every thing in his chest, and at the same time still waving his arms and making loud noises.

"Well i better...{hic}......get to the bridge if i want to......{hic}......grab a noble"

Stendant pushed himself up against the tree and walked less than 2 meter's before passing out and making loud noises.

Byorn not far behind runs onto Stendant's back and lays down.

Gor looked at him and shook his head. Should he let the lizard there,people would rob him.

"What should we do about him? We can't let him right beside the tavern. People will rob him."

"What can we do? He's passed out."

"Let's make him a guard too. I'll vouch for him,since you don't care about their pasts."

"A drunkard for a guard? Are you serious?"

The orc tried to wake up the half-lizard by shaking him and at the end slapping him.

"T'is your lucky day,thief. You're gonna redeem yourself."

Several of the guards mumbled things under their breath. First an orc, and now a lizard-man would go and safe the village? The lords and ladies of the city would not be pleased, the Albronda family especially. Especially not the orc, after lady Albronda's husband got killed by one in the slums not too long ago. An axe to the throat... And now another orc with an axe would show up? This orc, however, was not like the red-skinned barbarians, nor the green-skinned shamans. So then what kind of an orc was he? Clever enough to understand them, yet fierce enough to be a warrior?

And the lizard... that drunkard wouldn't be of any use to anyone, now would he? Tch. A lizard with another lizard as a pet. How quaint.

"O-of course, milady," the guard uttered, surprised to see the guardian spirit of the river coming out to help. In physical form.

Meanwhile, strolling through the hills between Alajana's Rest, wandered a lone figure. Whether the figure was lost, or just walking about at random couldn't quite be told. Although this person did seem to enjoy walking around, hopping from one place to another. So it really look more like the latter one.

"Ech...He's still passed out..."

Gor tried to take the small lizard off of him,but couldn't

"WAKE UP! Before I grab you and drag your arse to the village!"

@Vyork Ashfin

Stendant Snapped awake as the orc shouted.

"Why are you shouting at me, if you don't stop ill gut you...or something like that"

Stendant pulls out a small pen knife, only to pass back out.

Byorn watches as Stendant threatens the orc, and flicks his tongue at Gor, and it seems to be an insult.

The orc strikes his face with his palm.

"I won't leave him here to get robbed..."

He looked at the lizard as it flicked its tongue.

"Don't you dare..."

He looked at the passed out halfling and then back at the small lizard with a frowned look.

The guards looked at him funny as he was having his little mind battle with the lizard.

Stendant snaps back awake and looks at he orc confused.

"Who... are you exactly.. no wait let me guess, a dead beat maniac"

Byorn hisses at the orc then bites at him.

"Please, do not feed the wildlife"

Stendant is still a little groggy but being 'face palmed' seemed to help with waking him up.

"That's what you call a bite? Ha ha ha!"

He grabbed the little lizard and kept it away from his face.

Gor stared at it for some moments.

"I am Gorrund Blackhand of The Obsidian Hellforge,halfling...And who are you?"

He let his pet down carefully not to hurt it. He was a brute,but he was not heartless.

Gor was slightly amused by his comment.

"My name is Stendant, and thanks for not hurting Byorn, most would have tried to kill him"

Stendant grabs at the pouch on his side and pulls out a small amount of gold.

"
Here, lets keep this all between us, we would not want the humans finding out right?"

Stendant then looks around and sees the guards.

"Are you taking me to jail for being publicly drunk?"

He turned down his gold

"What? No...They are looking for capable people to aid in the fight against the goblins.Sound interesting to you? Rewards are plenty!'

Given the more friendly attitude Stendant showed he extended his hand to help him get up.

Stendant grabbed Gor's hand and was pulled up.

"Well it sounds interesting....but i would be better off on my own.... can steal more that way"

Stendant looks at the ground and picks up Byorn.

"Cmon bud lets go home.... wherever that is"

Stendant walked with his head down murmuring something to Byorn.

Gor sighed.

"Farewell then,Stendard."

He turned back to the guards and approached them.

"Allright,gentlemen...Let us proceed without anymore interruption."

He followed as the guards lead him to the village.

"Byorn come back don't go over there"

Stendant shouted as Byorn ran towards Gor, and Stendant was not far behind.

"Byorn come back please"

Byorn could be seeing carrying something large towards Gor, Stendant was sprinting as fast as he could.

Gor heard some shouting.

"Hmm?"

He looked down and saw Byorn rushing towards him.

"What's this?"

He lowered and looked at the thing the lizard was carrying.

Byorn was carrying a map of some sort detailing a burial tomb for a king.

Stendant Shouts something in draconian at Gor "Do not touch orc!"

The map shows all treasure areas inside of the tomb.

Byorn looks back at Stendant and hisses.

He picked up the map and opened it. Stendant was shouting angrily at him in some sort of language,but he did it anyways.

He inspected the map a bit and deduced it was some kind of burial tomb.

"What's this,Stendant? Future plans?"

Stendant looked at the orc with a fire in his eyes,and ignored the question.

"You never touch a thieves plans"

Byorn turns back and looks at Gor, as if wanting something

He found his fiery eyes and reaction quite amusing. Gor looked down at the lizard while holding in a giggle.

"What is it that you want,hmm? Are you hungry? Stendant not giving you enough attention?Hah!"

He may have been kind-hearted to the creature,but he was weary as thieves train their pets to steal.

He gave the map back to Stendant and picked up the lizard, again holding it out at a reasonable distance from his face.

"I do feed him, Byorn you are in allot of trouble"

Stendant walked up to Gor and whispered while picking his pocket.

"the treasure can be yours as well if you help me get it"

Gor grabbed his hand as it went out of his pouches and turned to Stendant with a fierce look.

"You must be mistaken...I am not your usual picking..."

He easily put Byorn down and strengthened his hold almost breaking the bones in Stendant's hand.

"It seems we have gotten off the wrong foot. I am Gorrund...I don't like thieves"

He said that slowly not breaking eye contact.

"And who are you might I ask?"

The guards looked ready to be on the orc's side,but they were mostly enjoying the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back