• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into the Stars

Ricia

Retired M
(A 1x1 RP with @InsaneTruth and myself!)

Several normal teens that go about their daily lives unhappy and lost were handed a flyer from a mysterious woman who invites them to get their greatest wish granted. The flyer was an add for a Trinket Shop named 'The Blue Fairy.' the resided in Raffer City. They also were hiring young teens to help out around the store, they really needed the extra hands. Little did they know their new employment would immerse them into a world of magic, ghosts, mystery and creatures only spoken in legend and it was up to them to work together solve the daily problems of the ticket shop that grants wishes.

The days were still cold and the night long, but even then Taji still had to get himself up and drag himself to school next week. After a long winter break of Christmas and the New Year, January had moved around the corner and continued to eat his winter break up. He was dreading going back to school, but on this Sunday evening he was suppose to be finishing shopping for his mother and father, but instead He was standing here, in front of this strange old shop… It called to him in the strangest way.

How did he end up here again?

That’s right, it was some crazy double eye colored middle aged women that stopped him off the street and handed him a flyer. One gold, one blue. He would have done what every passerby did, throw it in the trash after pretending that they cared… but what was strange was the women said something to peak his interest. “I can see your inner pains and fears. I can see you inner wishes and wants. We can grant a wish, the wish closes to your heart. Also we are offering jobs at the Blue Fairy for those who need the money. Please come and visit us this afternoon.” The women said quickly.

Taji had paused for what he was sure was a full minute, just examining the women and taking in what she said before nodding to go continue his shopping. He knew for a fact that fortune tellers say vague things like that just to reel you in to make you give them money … but she said she was offering jobs. His dad was always saying a job might help strengthen his character. He was busy a lot with his track team and training.

That was why he was standing here now, groceries in hand, with other people, four others to be exact. He was standing in front of a shop that had a small pond with koi swimming in it, a fountain in the middle of it of a fairy, the water coming from a flower in It’s outstretched hands. In the yard around it, the grass was long and overgrown as well as the garden in front of it, completely overgrown with weeds.

The shop itself looked a bit run down, something that your parents tell you to avoid because you could probably get pulled into something shady like drugs or a gang. The stores location was a bit of a way downtown, but not too far in that it gets to the scary parts. It was a rather big building; it looked like there was several sections to it. It looked a bit like a rundown house made of wood with a sign attached to it. The sign itself was faded and was barely readable, ‘Blue Fairy’.

~---~

Leo had been at the park hours before, spending his last day before school playing his violin. He enjoyed the peacefulness of the park, even with the cold nipping at his fingers, he still could bring himself to play. He loved to practice and make music, and he loved seeing the people around him enjoy it too. Occasionally someone would walk by and give him money, thinking he was a simple street performer. He wasn't out playing for money, and often he would try and give it back, but most the time people insisted he kept the money.

It wasn't long until a little girl had come up to him and offered him a piece of paper; she had eyes like he had never seen before, only heard of. One of blue and the other was gold, they were beautiful eyes.

“What is this?”He asked her, leaning down so he was the same height as the young girl.

The women smiled, “A place where your wishes will come true. They can find your deepest want and fulfill it for you.”

“Really? I wonder if it is true.” Leo said more to himself, his interest peaked. The little girl just smiled in response and then ran off to where Leo would assume was where her parents were. Perhaps it was a family store? Regardless, he wanted to know. So he packed his things up and headed to the location of the flyer in his hand.

Much to his surprise, there were several other people there as well with flyers similar to his. The building they were all standing in front of looked pretty run down, so perhaps the business was suffering? He was here already, so perhaps he would look around for a bit, perhaps he can use some of the money he just got to help them out a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaishiro walked to the blue farie shop flier in hand. long red hair was cascading own his very feminine form the simple top and flared skirt made him look like your average girl. He swallowed a bit nervously before checking to see if it was open how he wanted his wish granted he wanted it more then anything to be able to be himself.

Kasu walked around with the flyer i hand thinking if it was true if he really could get his wish... he would do most anything to get rid of the taint of his body the rare condition he had. It didn't effect his health much so the doctors wouldn't try to reverse the issue instead left him to know he would always be a freak. He sighed looking at his gloved hans and covered arms. How could a store grant wishes?

Victoria waa riding in a car driven by her butler. She was wondering if she should go to the blue farie it seemed cute even if it told her nonsence about granting wishes. She huffed lightly and saw a girl outside the shop with similar re hair thouh the girl looked tall and a bit too lankey in her oppinion.

“All of you came today, how wonderful.” A women said with a light chuckle. She had the same eyes as the one who handed all of them the flyers. She had opened the door and was now standing in front of Kaishiro with a bronze mirror.

Leo was not sure how to react to that. The way she said it sounded like she was waiting for this small group specifically to show up… and the fact that all of them showed up around the same time was a tad bit creepy. Leo was not sure if he should say something or if he would be rude to do so.

Taji on the other hand was not buying this, “Are you the owner of the shop?” He asked, folding his arms together.

“Sometimes I am. All of you can call me Buba. You are all here for the shop? Of course you are, you are all here for something. I would love for all of you to come in for some tea and I will help you find what you are looking for.” She said with a smirk before stepping aside and opening the door.

Sometimes? Taji shivered, this situation was beyond creepy, but he felt like something was pulling him into the shop… like he had to go inside. And Buba? What kind of name was that? It was like a name from a bad low budget movie!

Leo felt himself being skeptical as well, but Buba seemed nice enough. He also felt the sensation pulling him in the store, like when you walk past a bakery and you smell something nice which draws you closer. Leo took the first steps to go into the shop, smiling at Buba, “Thank you ma’am.” He told her.

Upon his first look of the shop, it looked like one of those odds and ends stores with several shelves of trinkets. They looked like things you saw at shrines or fortune tellers. Things you would use when dealing with the super natural. There were a few shelves with books and some filled with what looked like weapons.

“This is a really interesting shop.”Leo said walking to go look at some of the things around the shelves.

Kaishiro tugged his skirt a bit timidly but followed the woman without alot of hesitation even with all the people around " are you the old lady that gave Kaishiro the flier?" KAishiro asked softly eyeing the girl the impossible was rather probable to Kaishiro.

Victoria made a face did that girl really think this lady was old? she shook her head though she was more causious then the others taking up the rear of the group.

Kasu hld himself tall and followed behind Kaishiro though the kid seemd somewhat odd to him.

"Of course I am." Buba said with a smile before she disappeared into the back room of the shop, leaving everyone to walk around at their leisure. Sitting on the register was black cat that actually didn't look all that appealing. It looking kind of mangy and one of his ear's was torn on the end. It had almost a yellow grin when he smiled, but its eyes were a very beautiful green.

Leo watched her go and wondered what she even meant. That was impossible to do. Well unless she had a really good make-up artist.

Taji was staring at Kaishiro as she talked in third person. He started to notice that some of the kids here were in his class. Victoria, who didn't know her? She was the rich princess... He saw a few of the other kids around in his class too. The dreads were not hard to miss on the one kid.

Kaishiro looked around almost azed till he saw the cat "such a pretty eyed kitty," he said softly and knelt infront of the cat with a smile "Kaishiro is Kaishiro does kitty have a name?"

Victoria huffed and sat down crossing her legs "why did I even come?" she asked herself playing with her braid.

Kasu knew the neams of a few of the kids because of school but he was not sure who the girl who seemed insane was.

The cat's eyes looked up at Kaishiro and looked at him with such focus it was not normal. "That's a.... eccentric looking cat." Leo said leaning down with Kaishiro. The cat seemed like it grinned at them and Leo raised an eye brow.

Taji looked at Victoria, then looked back at everyone, "Well I know why i'm here." He said simply. Victory might know who he was if she kept track of the jocks and sports. He was pretty popular, just didn't talk much to others.

"Do you really think wishes can be granted?" Victoria asked Taji.

"Kaishiro hopes so wishes make it easy to smile," Kaishiro said smiling happily he reached to pet the cat.

Kasu looked at the two rather popular kids waiting for Taji's answer.

"No one can grant it for you." He said simply watching the two pet the cat.

Leo smiled when the cat started to purr.

"Of course you can get your wishes granted.... now the tea is done, why don't you come in the back room and sit down. We can all talk." Buba said coming into the room, she was still holding the weird bronze mirror.

"Kaishiro is happy to hear that!" the boy said hopping up happily "buba? will you help Kaishiro's wish be granted?"

Victoria was a bit startled by Buba coming in she had almost forgotten her.

Kasu nodded "let us go talk, it is why we came inside,"

"Of course my dear child." Buba said with a smile. "Please call me... Madame Buba. It is my proper title." She said turning and leading them into another room. There was a long table set up with each a place to sit down and have tea.

"Thank you Madame." Leo said with a smile before sitting down. He was not really a fan of tea, he much liked coffee instead. However he was not going to refuse the drink.

Taji on the other hand didn't really like anything with caffeine in it. It gave him an unnatural energy hype and then he crashed rather hard. He avoided caffeine from his system.

Victoria sat and sipped the tea testing it's quality she was after all used to only the best.

Kaishiro sat down still very happy his hair was a bit messy from jumping around.

"How did you get the title of Madame," Kasu asked

"By granting wishes." She said with a smile. She leaned back in the chair and put the mirror on the table. When everyone's eyes looking into the mirror, they felt the very world move. Almost like a ripple just ran through them. "Your class mate was completely wrong... you can make other people's wishes come true. Everyone needs a little help..." Buba almost sounded like she talked in such a superior manor.

Leo and Taji were both wide eyed at the strange feeling that had just happened. When Taji looked into the mirror again, he saw a few people's reflection.... now everyone in the room had a pair of transparent sparkly blue wings. When he looked from the mirror to the group, the wings were gone, but if he squinted enough he could see the outline of them.

Leo on the other hand was still staring at Buba.

"Now... I am going to give you five a job you can't refuse." She told them, "In exchange... you all will eventually have your own wishes granted."

Kaishiro leaned to look further in the mirror his long hair touching it as he stared inside it looking alot like a kid who was interested in something.

Kasu rubbed the bridge of his nose "that we cannot refuse?" he asked it sounded much to shadey for his comfort.

"And madame how will this job help grant anyones wish?" Victoria asked squinting her eyes looking into the mirror.

It was then the black cat jumped onto the table and sat down, grinning at them. He had on a rather distinct bright red collar. "You're her little wish faeries now. Now, you get to run around granting other people's wishes!" He said with a smirk.

"Of course... if you don't comply and stay away from the store too long... the curse will come into effect." Buba said with a small smile.

"Curse...?" Leo mimicked a bit in disbelief.

"You will have constant bad lucky... it will slowly get worse... until eventually, IT KILLS YOU!" The black cat said the last part loudly to scare people.

"The cat... is talking.." Taji said in disbelief.

Kaishiro smiled and hugged the cat "Kaishiro likes this kitty! KAishiro will be a fairy! KKaishiro will be a good fairy!"

Victoria fell back with a yelp "TALKNG CAT!"

Kasu looked mildly shocked though his reaction did not reflect the pure terror in his mind. "curse us... why?"

"ACK!! LET ME GO!!" the cat flung a bit and hissed.

"Please don't treat my familiar roughly. I am a witch. A very old one. I run this shop... unfortunately... its dying. Not enough wishes are being granted. So now I need some new fairies to do it for me. So I looked for some spry young teens who were connected and had wishes deep inside of you that wanted granted. The curse is a persuasion to make sure you do your job." Buba said before standing up and turning around and put the mirror on the wall.

"The abilities I just given you are True Sight. You can now see all that is mythical and unable in this world. Some animals can talk... others can not. Most don't have anything really all that nifty to say..." Buba said slowly.

Leo bent down and tried to help Victoria up, "I got you.."

"Wait wait wait..." Taji said standing up out of his chair, "You seriously must be playing a joke.. you don't really think I'm going to take you seriously?"

Kaishiro's eyes quickly began to water and he began to cry sitting back in his chair pulling his knees up to his face "Kaishiro is sorry Kaishiro is sorry please please don't be ma at Kaishiro!"

Kasu was completly taken by the cute redheads sudden bout of tears. "ok now what the hell is going on?"

Victoria thanked Leo for helping her up she was a bit out of it her mind on hyperdrive,

Leo blinked when he saw the kid cry and much like Victoria, went to the other person's aid, "There there... nothing to cry about... you just don't pick cats up like that... they don't like that very much... you proububly just scared him.." Leo said trying to calm the boy.

The cat huffed and sat down on the table, "My name is Shougen. Also.. i'm not a normal cat... so don't treat me like one!" He hissed. That was before Buba reached over and scratched his chin and Shougen went almost limp on the table purring. "Ignore him. Shougen has quite the temper..."

Taji rolled his eyes and got up, "I'm leaving... this is complete crap." He said before walking to go out the door.

"nobody is mad at Kaishiro?" he asked through teary green eyes looking up at Leo pathetically. The boy was so innocent looking it was rediculous.

Victroia looked at Taji "wait for me," she said rushing to follow him following the strong looking jock.

"I do not think leaving will answer any questions," Kasu pointed out to the two who were leaving.

Taji ignored Kasu and left, Vicoria following him or not.

"They will come back. Just be sure to visit at least once every few days. Of course that won't be enough... if you don't grant wishes, it can get nasty as well." Buba said.

Leo nodded and pulled Kaishiro up off the ground.

"and how are we to go about granting wishes when we can not even grant our own," Kasu asked pushing his glasses up his nose looking at Madame buba.

KAishiro hugged Leo the boy had a tiny body fragile and weak. He was still crying though he was obviously very upset from the cats rejection.

Victoria did indeed follow Taji out.

Leo pat his head trying to make him feel better, though he was in no way sure how... though he listened to Buba's answer when the boy answered his question.

"Its simple, I will provide you the tools. With some of your own brain power and everyone's own unique strengths, I am sure all you big boys and girls can figure it out." Buba said with a smirk. "Shougen will be your guide if you have any questions. I won't expect you to work right away. You will need for your other team member's to come around.... or die." Buba shrugged. She sat down and crossed her long legs while looking at the group.

"What will happen to us as they... decide their own fate?" Kasu asked still sitting.

Kaishiro looked at Shougan and began to cry hard again.

"Well as long as you visit it will be fine. Give it a couple weeks. Shougen will give you your first job later." Buba said.

Shougen just about jumped out of his skin and darted off the table when Kaishiro started to cry again.

"Shhh.. see you scared him... Cats like quite places... shhh... if I sung you a song will you stop crying?" Leo asked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back