• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Home for the Holidays (MxF Romance)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is an MxF romance. It begins with two college students. One has to go home to spend time with her family on a farm in the rural midwest. (Think Smallville.) The male character lives in the dorms and wouldn’t have a social life if it weren’t for ‘friends’ who try to drag him away from his studies. He doesn’t fight it much. But he never talks about himself. So far as the girl knows he has no plans for the holidays. He is just planning to sit in the dorms and study.

The two are friends. He has always helped if asked. He seems to know everything. Top of all his classes. One could call him a geek, but he doesn’t look like one at all. He stands 6’7” tall and is built like a rock. He is definitely easy on the eyes. Black hair, blue eyes (usually covered with sunglasses). He is always wearing earplugs. He spends time at the gym, but plays no sports. He walks with a limp in his left leg. (I will have a CS for him that will describe what the girl knows.)

I will need a CS for the girl. It should include:
Pic
Basic description
General personality
Basically the stuff my character would know.

Then basic family info. Parents, grandparents, siblings present, other relatives that will be there, employees my character will meet in his stay, etc. Also pets, quirky animals on the farm, etc.

Plot
Her family is going to take an instant interest in her bringing the young man home. There will be the typical fears that she is pregnant and about to make one of THOSE announcements. I am looking for a Hallmark sort of drama, with some of the prejudices of country boys vs urban city boy. (My character doesn’t fit the city boy mold very well. He was a military brat, so he may adjust very fast - though he will have to bring his laptops.)

While the RP is designed for Thanksgiving or Christmas, as an alternative it could be Spring Break or even Summer. But the latter two ideas don’t have that Hallmark feel.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
PM Threads (One for OOC; one for IC)
I typically manage about a page per post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back