• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Raphael SorelRaphael Sorel (2).png
[Current Objective: Get to Hearth Corp.]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | Yona’s District]
[Mood: Embarrassed, Peeved]
[Interactions: Yona, Ashika]
[Mentions: N/A]
CasualTea CasualTea

Hm, understandable. It was a slippery slope if one were to instill fear in their subjects. It made sense then, that she tried a gentler approach. A piercing caw from Tenzin and Raphael looked over to see a car driving down the road. That’s when Yona asked something odd? He looked at her as if she said something weird. That’s when he noticed a very slight distortion. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Piecing two and two together, he realized Ashika had made her voice sound funny, and that she likely was talking about the car that she was staring intently at. Considering the issues they had with AI and being in cars, he sighed. “I called them, so that should be it. No AI, and can you tell your … Spirit, I guess, to not mess with my ears? I need them, it’s too dangerous to be goofing around like that right now. She made it sound like you wanted to date me or something.” He chuckled, he did find the idea rather… Well, rather a fun thought to entertain, but he didn’t want to push it. “‘Sides, a sundress would only get ripped up in this kinda festival. All kinds of people in all kinds of walks of life would just rip up anything nice you got on.” He looked back at where Ashika was previously, before looking at the car that stopped just short of them and turned.

Inside was a woman who looked strikingly like Raphael with that piercing grey gaze and long, white hair. “Nobody else was able to pick you up, so I’m doing it.”

Raphael’s eyes widened and he stepped back a bit. “Sister?”

“Yup, come on in. What’s your name, girlie? I'm Allie.” She asked the woman with him, unable to see Ashika unless she wished for it.

Raphael SorelView attachment 1084595
[Current Objective: Get to Hearth Corp.]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | Yona’s District]
[Mood: Embarrassed, Peeved]
[Interactions: Yona, Ashika]
[Mentions: N/A]
CasualTea CasualTea

Hm, understandable. It was a slippery slope if one were to instill fear in their subjects. It made sense then, that she tried a gentler approach. A piercing caw from Tenzin and Raphael looked over to see a car driving down the road. That’s when Yona asked something odd? He looked at her as if she said something weird. That’s when he noticed a very slight distortion. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Piecing two and two together, he realized Ashika had made her voice sound funny, and that she likely was talking about the car that she was staring intently at. Considering the issues they had with AI and being in cars, he sighed. “I called them, so that should be it. No AI, and can you tell your … Spirit, I guess, to not mess with my ears? I need them, it’s too dangerous to be goofing around like that right now. She made it sound like you wanted to date me or something.” He chuckled, he did find the idea rather… Well, rather a fun thought to entertain, but he didn’t want to push it. “‘Sides, a sundress would only get ripped up in this kinda festival. All kinds of people in all kinds of walks of life would just rip up anything nice you got on.” He looked back at where Ashika was previously, before looking at the car that stopped just short of them and turned.

Inside was a woman who looked strikingly like Raphael with that piercing grey gaze and long, white hair. “Nobody else was able to pick you up, so I’m doing it.”

Raphael’s eyes widened and he stepped back a bit. “Sister?”

“Yup, come on in. What’s your name, girlie? I'm Allie.” She asked the woman with him, unable to see Ashika unless she wished for it.

Yona felt a sense of relief when he said it wasn't AI. She didn't want to go through that again. Even though it didn't impact her much, it was an inconvenience to just roll like a log and suffer through that trivial experience. She also picked up what Raphael was saying about... Ashika. Date? Sundress? She looked at Ashika who played dumb and shrugged. She made it even look convincing, as if she genuinely didn't know what he was talking about. She looked back at Raphael and raised a brow as if saying 'keep your fantasies in check.' She was skeptical of Ashika, but why would she mess around now?

Soon, the car pulled up and the driver, a woman who bore close resemblance of Raphael, started speaking. She was taken aback and thought that Ashika was now screwing with her vision until she heard Raphael address her as his sister. It didn't take long for her to reply to the question. "Oh... I'm Yona. Excuse me.." She said before getting into the back seat of the car as she figured that Raphael would take shotgun alongside Allie. She at least wanted to express a modicum of manners to his sister who is offering her a ride despite what she was going through.

Ashika didn't make herself known to Allie just yet because she didn't feel the need to. Plus, she was driving and she seemed nice. It would be a dick move to try and mess with her now upon just meeting her. Yona and Ashika shared that odd similarity of expressing manners with someone new who has done the same or at least close to it.

The upcoming festival was upon the masses and everything was starting to pick up. Especially in the business categories. Fast food chains were no such exception to this expectation to receive a sudden surge to their orders. Of course, they would need all the hands they can get to make sure business runs smoothly. One such establishment recently had a new hire on board and today was their crash course of their training and first day on the job. A lady with purple hair and some sun glasses wearing quite the conglomerate attire was instructing the said new hire who looked like they were in their second year of college. All that work and education as well as personal life seems to have worn him down quite so but he's still trucking.

Inside, they were in the kitchen going through all the current stations they have while business was low and the day going by painfully slowly. The lady speaking in a confident yet alluring tone, which seems to come naturally had just run him through most of the functions and was just finishing up on the last three stations the new hire needed to know about. "Well that's all for the fryers, did you get all that?" "Uh-huh." The new hire responded, his enthusiasm being quite obvious that... He was in a sort of self-drone mode where he just wanted to get through the training without a hitch. "And this here's the ice cream machine, you can just say it don't work if the customer you don't like has an ugly face or something." She said as she banged on the machine lightly which caused some of its chocolate ice cream to vomit out from its chute while also being in the mix of some... suspicious residue which thankfully that was all that came out of it. "Oh."

The lady then lead him to a room that was sort of in the back but in clear view from the cash register. As she opened the room, it was dark inside but seemingly spacious. "This room is where you'll be spending most of your day, this is where we keep the clown." She said before flicking on a light switch causing the light to come on. With the darkness being replaced by the illumination the lights provided revealed lots of dormant machinery with meters, gauges, electric rods and a single open capsule in the room dead set in the middle of all of it. Inside this capsule was an average looking somewhat slimmed circus clown suspended from the ground by wires from a harness at his waist, neck and wrists. He looked to be unconscious.

The man who seemed to be confused looked at the lady as she was walking towards the machinery, mainly a control panel and cocked an eye brow. "Uh..." Before he could even voice his concerns, the lady continued. "So how it works is you press this..." And she hit a red button that was labeled "Start". Suddenly, all the machines woke up and began operating as electric coils connected and was covered with blast tubes, the meters were going off with an alarm sound, the pylons gathering energy and the lights began dimming. In this moment, the wiring connected to the capsule also seemed to visually fill with electricity before unleashing a blast of energy into the capsule at once. This caused the clown to be electrocuted and suddenly animate while letting out a worn and painful voice as he was being electrocuted.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

After the capsule ran out of its supply, the lights came back to full power and the clown then hung limply as he sizzled from all that voltage. The lady then returned near the man who watched this entire thing for the first time still confused what he just witnessed. "...And this does, what? Exactly?" "Oh, that hurts the clown." She said.

"You want to see it again?"

Before he could object, she hit the button again and everything started to repeat right up until the clown was pumped with voltage once more.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!"

The man, starting to get a grasp of what it does finally found a chance to speak up. "How often do I do this?" "Whenever you like. On a slow day? About every fifteen minutes. Unless someone orders it off the menu." The lady replied immediately while you can hear the customer walk up to the cash register to order with an employee already manning it. "Hi, can I get a small Sprite and uh, hurt the clown please?" "Sure." The cashier replied. "Small Sprite and a number three!" He called out so the others can hear him. The lady soon stepped back and gestured her hand to the new hire towards the red button which he snapped out of his autopilot and started to move towards the button. He raised his hand up to it at first with some hesitation but was able to press it with his finger, which then immediately sprung all the machinery into action generating volts and...

The lady then started speaking as she was already at the exit of the room. "Yeah that covers about everything now. Any questions before I leave?" "Does he... Like that?" The lady let out a laugh as she was replying. "Ahahaha, no he don't like it much. Alright, make sure you hurt the clown before you lock up." And with that, she closed the door as she left leaving only the assumption she was headed home after all of that.
The new hire turned slowly towards the clown with a slight bit of guilt. "You!!" The clown said in a slightly goofy tone as he suddenly sprung out from the capsule just a little, startling the new hire who yelped to step back in fear. The clown inched ever so closer as possible as he was stretching out the wires that was holding him back from leaving the capsule before he said desperately. "Tape the button down."

The new hire felt his stomach drop as he heard those words before inching towards the button, slamming it before running away outside.

As he was catching his break and made it outside of the room, he noticed that there were more customers who all had genuine happy faces as well as the cashier who seemed to enjoy doing his job giving a business friendly smile. The customer from before was drinking his soda cup and squealing ever so happily with glee just to have his order. Upon seeing this, he looked back at the limp and sizzling clown and a smile grew on his face finally understanding his purpose in the establishment. Fully equipped with the training he received, he was now more than ready with pride for his first day of work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back