Gods Rising [Inactive]

Lord Anubis

A coin that landed on its edge.
Lord Anubis submitted a new role play:

Gods Rising - choose god and rule or champion and serve.

The World Of Delvaria
In Delvaria Past there was the primordial's They existed sence the begining of the univers. When Delvaria was created it was dark, hot and inhospitable till the primordial Maris the primordial goddess of light and life created the sun, plants and sky. She bestowed life onto the world with love and harmony. However peacefull life did not last long as the primordial god of darkness and death Remak rows from deep within Delvaria bringing darkness to the world....
Read more about this role play...

On a warm summer day when Qeydna, Vivek, Bowuthis and Thalis were faceing the sun. As mid day came upon them the moon entered into view slowly moveing closer and closer to the center of the sun. Some of the continents people looked up at the sky as the moon began to eclips the sun some of their elders new it was to soon for this event to ocur.

Qeydna:

High Council chamber Telmaria:

Several council memberts including war general Telurius, and Remena Arch mage of Tramiel and king Helvarius:

Worried Council memeber:
Have you all seen the eclipes*he looks around the room franticly* 'tis a bad omen i tell you.

King Helvarius:*Speaks directly to the worried councle men* Be silent Malaki there is no need to incite panic*looks at general Telurius* where is high priestess Selvaria surely she will have the answer to this.

Arch mage Remena: I have senced great magice gathering and i have come to beleive it is a summoning, but of a much grander scale.

*High priestess Selvaria Walks through the large double doors as elven sentinals open the doors*

King Helvarius: Ah her she comes know please high priestess explain these current events so that our minds may be at rest.

High priestess Selvaria: Indeed i do have the awnser for her graice has bestowed upon me the truth of these events.

*she walkes to the center of the room* a prophecy long fortold by Zeres himself spoke of a time to come when the sun is turned dark then shall there arise new gods to bring in a new age for all races. We are warned as well for some will not be of light , but rather darkness these we should be weiry of for they would most certinly be our doom.

King Helvarius: I see well this is all importrant news indeed Serila*He shouts as a attendant comes to his side* send word to our embessy's acoss the world and let them know of this for i am sure they will be interested by current events as well.

*the attendant walks away in a rush as the king returns to addressing the others*As for you general and Remena find out what you can about this this councle is adjurned.

Meanwhile......

As the eclips took full effect on the far end of the continent of Qeydna their is a samll village of 15 people. In the distance a grave for their dead was deep inside the woods surrounding them. In the center of the grave yard shadows and mist began to swirl into a small vortex resembling a black hole as the small tomb stones bent towerds the center a flash of black lightning struck into the woods at the center of the black hole. The black hole then stretched and twisted itself as it began to from bones,cloth and armor. When it was all over a shock wave shook half the continent and a small stream of purple black energy shot towerds the sky creating a small hurrican like appearence above it. The light stoped as Dominus de morte was born into existence rising onto his feet as he spread his ashened wings flaked with blood red. he looked around as he senced a spirit a essence that felt of evil. He smiled as he raised his hand towerds a grave and black smoke shot from his hands into the grave beckening the soul back into the world as his champion.

Annika had been sitting in a high tree's limb, swinging her legs peacefully. Craning her neck to a certain angle she would peer up at the eclipse is amazement. "Wow." She whispered, trying not to blink as she stared at it. Even if it hurt her eyes, she didn't care at the moment.

Pauvel would be out in the backyard of the shed he would live in when he wouldn't be gone hunting a bounty, checking his arsenal of sharp blades. Swords of all sorts would be lying on a simple wooden table, daggers, scimitars, tantos, short swords, throwing knives, you name it. And among them, throning them all, would lay Dorunthal, his most trusted blade, shaped into the form of a katana, imbued with the powers of ice, with a black blade, and the sharp edge an electric blue. Using Dorunthal over the years has earned him the nickname of "Frost". The nickname had grown on him, most of the people he encountered knowing him only by that word, his name being revealed only to his most worthy opponents...right before he would slay them.

He starts preparing himself, making sure his blindfold is tight, and that his vision was completely black. He rarely relied upon his eyes to see, his mind being a more than suitable replacer. He walks towards the three trainning dummies he had set up, and would start practicing a few simple moves, kicks and quick palm stabs. He would suddenly feel amiss, removing his blindfold for a moment, only to see the eclipse start. "Now what could this be now?" his thought echoing through his head.

Annika would slowly crawl down the tree's trunk to step into a small clearing in the forest and peer up to get a better view of the eclipse. Too bad after it passed she'd likely never experience another again. Her young cat Ester Lee meowed and crawled down the trunk after her master, sitting down at Annika's feet and licking a paw, oblivious to the once-in-a-lifetime sight above her own head.

Would pull his blindfold across his forehead, leaving it there for the while, putting on his jacket and abandoning his trainning, grabbing Dorunthal from the table, sheathing it, placing it on his back, adding some throwing knives to his belt and two daggers at his sides, throwing one more glance at the beauty of the eclipse before setting out to find some clues regarding what might've caused this strange phenomenon.

"Isn't it amazing, Ester?" Annika would muse, still transfixed on the sight. The cat at her feet merely meowed, returning to her grooming a moment later. "You probably wouldn't care if the whole sky fell around you, you selfish cat." Annika teased playfully, though received no answer from the cat.

Frost would wander through the streets calmly, at a slow pace, opening his ears wide to hear the ranter of the peasants around him. Nothing they said would satisfy his thirst for answers. All he could hear was talk about apocalypses, hells overflowing and end times. "Isn't there one sane person among these blasted idiots?!" he would mutter to himself, his patience reaching its peak at a high-velocity rate. "Maybe it's nothing. Might as well go for a hunt now that I'm here" he says quietly, stopping and glancing at the edge of the forest, only to realise he'd forgotten his hunting crossbow back at the shed. Gently stroking the hilt of his right hip sheathed dagger, he whispers to himself "Guess I'll have to do it the hard way then!" before dashing into the forest, not before placing his blindfold back upon his eyes, heightening his other senses now that he had robbed himself of one.

Annika was in the forest, far enough to be easily avoided by the town folk, though still quite easy to find by anyone just walking around. Especially when she began to talk to Ester Lee though it would have sounded like she was rambling to herself. "I'm hungry, are you?" The Turkish Van kitten gave no reply, still grooming her thick fur. "Hmmph, Ester Lee, you're just going to get all dirty again anyway." Suddenly Annika would scoop the 3/4 white colored cat up and walk in a random direction, unfortunately for her the direction Frost was dashing along in and it was possible they would crash into each other.

As Frost dashed through the forest, careful of any sounds around him, he picks up a voice, most probably belonging to a girl, and so he slows down the pace, untill he stops in his tracks, pulling out a dagger with a swift flick of his wrist, prepared for anything hostile heading his way, the sounds he heard coming from somewhere very close in front of him. He would take a fighting stance, his left foot forward and the right backward, his knees bent a little, while taking his dagger to chest-level, aiming the blade forward, while gripping the hilt of three throwing knives with his idle hand, catching them between his fingers, ready to rain them on the possible threat.

Annika was looking at Ester Lee who was clinging gracefully on the elf's shoulder. However when Annika turned her head forward again she was mere feet away from Frost and her eyes immediately widened at the sight of him with so many knives all pointed at her. She pulled no weapon or made any move to attack or even flee. However, she did take a slow, nervous step backward. She awaited further movement from the boy before she did anything more however, terrified of being attacked. One of her hands moved toward the small cat at her shoulder and she would slowly bring the feline to her chest to hold there protectively. After all, Ester Lee was really the only friend she had.

As he stood there, waiting for the stranger to make the first move, he realised the girl before him made no move, and it wasn't the scent of a fight he felt, but rather that of fright. He slowly relaxed his stance, releasing his grip on the knives, sheathing his dagger, then pulling off his blindfold up on his forehead, revealing two average sized eyes, with black pupils and a ostentatious look, as he studied the girl who was holding onto something that appeared to be furry, most likely a cat or a squirell. Taking a quick look at the girl he decided she is harmless to him and so he spoke "I apologize if I frightened you, girl. I'm used to the worse of every situation." He says pulling back his blindfold.

As the shadows worked their magice Dominus de morte hovered above the ground slightly his wings slowly flowing in the wind he began to move into the forest. His champion would come to him soon enough, but his quest for domain began now as he drifted towerds a gathering of souls he senced not to far away indicating a village of sorts. As he moved through the woods mist followed him that was earilly cold smelling of death. He tilted his head as he senced two souls in his imediate area and headed towerds them the mist know infront of him and moveing faster towerds the two mortals. As he noticed the two mortals had met and were standing still not to far from eachother he came near the clearing they were in and began his entrence. The mist quickly spreading out of the forest and into the field the light already low from the eclipes began to fade even more as he made his way in slowly their appeared a shadow shaped like a angle. As he came a mere few feet away from them know in the field his appearence showed his black armore inscribed with pulsing red runes a hooded head that gave a slight glimer of a skull underneath. His wings know outstretched and he was looking at the two mortals befor him the eye sockets glowing an eary blood red.

"I-It's fine." Annika would nod faintly, slowly asking as if uncertain, "Why were you wearing a blindfold?" She would have been beginning to relax as well, though tensed and nearly shrieked in renewed fright as the stranger suddenly appeared from no-where. The cat hissed, her ears flattened.

Pauvel would feel the new presence, his danger senses alarming him of the darkness and horror the entity brought with it, as he reached for Dorunthal, unsheathing it, showing it in its splendor, the katana starting to manifest a faint light blue glow as the ice enchantement started to exert itself. Frost would aim the blade forward at the horrid entity, his blindfold covering his eyes, relying purely on his instinct, signalling the girl to get behind him as he took his fighting stance again. Calmly, he asks the new presence "What are you, and what do you want?".

Annika would give an uncertain look to Frost before choosing to obey and stand behind him. Once there she would put the cat down and point quickly at a tree, a message for the cat to scurry up the tree and hide, which thankfully, was obeyed by the small feline. Annika would then pull out her own dagger and hold it at her side.

Dominus de morte looked at the mortal man and female befor him shadows twisted and formed around him as shadows of five dead worriers rose from the ground. He spoke" I am death I am darkness I am Dominus de morte and you shall bow befor me." Then the shadow worriers began to circle the mortals. Dominus de morte looked towerds the villige senceing the nearby mortals.

Annika's eyes widened even more and she bit down on her tongue to avoid screaming. At least her pet was safely up a tree. Slowly the elf raised her dagger a bit more, scanning the dead warriors as she waited for a chance to strike.

Pauvel watched as the warriors surrounded them and he whispered to the girl behind him "Stay right there." . Then, with lightning reflexes, he makes a cartwheel towards the first dead warrior in front of him, muttering something intelligible, while his blade lights up even more, right before slashing the warrior in two like butter. He then proceeds to fight the other dead warriors, slashing and hacking and rolling and jumping like he was weightless, but hitting as hard as a giant. Using his momentum, his speed and strength, he makes quick work of the warriors, dropping back into position pointing the blade back at the entity, speaking up "I am Pauvel Dornum,and I bow to noone!"

From the distance a spine-curling laughter began to build as head in the shape of a theater mask began to build up with a black mist following it. A quick dash through the group had caused a good amount of chaos for the newly summoned menace before he started to settle with a black human fog structure supporting his mask in mid-air. A quick movement of the fog switched his position to the front of his new lord as he asked in his spectral voice "You called for me?" still standing with his static foggy model. The unchanging face had brought a new sinister approach to the battle as the people at hand were not only being held captive by the warriors, but by the slowly creeping mist around them. Another laugh crept up onto the victims as his mist had completed it's circle leaving them no choice, but surrender or die.

In the back ground of the warriors bones clattering voices in the spirit's wall could be heard "Surrender now.... There is no hope for this!" the words had become in audible as seemingly thousands of cries were interfering.

Annika was hesitant to lower her weapon and merely watched, quite amazed by this, until the mist surrounded them and she felt helpless against this. She may have seemed like the type to instantly surrender, though she didn't. She stood there, frantically surveying her surroundings without a word.

Although he just finished off the warriors, he sensed the dark mist surrounding them, making fleeing now impossible. Without a moment's thought, he swirled Dorunthal untill the blade no longer was aimed at the demons, but upwards, to the sky, as Frost gripped it tight with both hands whispering something to it, an incantation, and suddenly the air became cold as ice, as the grass and earth around him started frozing, razor winds starting to form as a blizzard was born, chilling and freezing everything around him, except for the small area in which him and the girl stood, providing protection from the mist. "We must go!" he shouted towards his companion. "Get on my back!" he said again as he lowered a bit for her to get on.

"What? Why?" Annika asked, tone wavering with fear. This was something she had never experienced before and it greatly scared the timid elf. Ester Lee meowed feebly from the now frozen area and Annika instantly spun around, trying to see her beloved pet.

Dominus de morte looked at his newly arisen champion and smiled that sckeletal smile " Indeed i did summon you i am going to the mortal villige to bring them under my control do with these to as you wish but do not kill them" he smiled. he looked at the mortal Pauvel Dornum " let them spread the word that thier new dark lord has come" he then took off into the air and flew towerds the village while leaveing his champion 20 soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back