• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ghost Hunting Children (possibly no longer looking)

amdreams

Black Market Witch

Remnant: The Flute of Hamelin

"We are the Huntsmen. We promise to be good and brave and protect the people of Innsmouth from ghosts, ghouls and everything that goes bump in the night."

Innsmouth is a small town located on the New England coast, a coast with a close knit community and a lot of history (that I will most likely make up as we go). And with any place with history, Innsmouth is rumored to come with its fair share of ghosts. It's due to rumors like these that little Ellie has forced convinced her friends to investigate a possible ghost sighting. However, when it turns out the legends were more than mere stories, the kids, or rather Ellie, decide they need to band together and deal with it and any other things that go bump in the night. But what they find may be too much for them to handle.

~~~~~

So basically, this is a roleplay about 4 kids who hunt ghosts, a sort of prologue to a series of stories surrounding this group. I'm looking for 3 main characters, excluding my own.

Things to Know About This RP:

• I am not a fast poster. You'll probably get 1 post a day from me, 2 if I'm lucky. And I'd very much like it if I didn't get lost in pages of replies. There won't be a posting order but if you're the type that likes fast posts, you may want to find another rp.
  • This is NOT the type of rp where you're punching ghosts to death. Not really at least. My intention is that this will be mostly like, ideally, something like Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, Supernatural (though no players will be anything but human) and Ghost Hunt (the anime/manga) mishmashed together with a bit of . . . I forgot the name but it had kids who had these items possessed by spirits that gave them powers, but that doesn't come in until later.
  • We're all kids (for now) and will act as such, as in no master martial artists, no one's picking up cars, and we have to worry about adults catching us out after curfew, etc.
  • In regards to any "powers" the characters gain, know that they will be decided by me, usually picking ones that either best suit the character or work to make up for any weaknesses the character or group has. And these abilities WILL NOT allow the characters to physically fight ghosts or anything. At least not in this rp. 
  • The rp will have a main arc with several b-plots to move things along.
  • If successful, I would like to make this a generational sort of thing. Where there will be more rps following the kids as they grow up, while allowing the addition of other characters who will probably take over the torch when the previous members grow too old or have to stop for any reason.
  • No romance or any mention of sexual activity. This is a bunch of kids, so I don't want anything serious to develop with them. Crushes are fine but no kids making out.
  • There is a stat system that will affect the limit of your character's abilities. But there are no dice. Instead, it's more of an honor system.

Now if you're still interested, there are roles for these characters, but I don't think they will limit the characters too much. I may be wrong. Like I said before, I'm only looking for 3 other players, and I really can't stretch the story for more without making it seem so long. I don't know how many people will want to play a 10-12 year old for a long time and I'd really like to see this story to the end. 

But if you're interested, then tell me what role you'd like and maybe a general description of the type of character you'd like to use? 

Roles:

• Research (taken by me): Whether it's by surfing the web or simply having access to this information, this kid is generally the one with the facts needed to deal with these spirits. I'm taking this one since as the gm, it'd probably be easier if I fed the information rather than have other people just guess.I can be rather controlling with lore, or rather frustrated when someone adds something that contradicts the canon.
  • Muscle: Though they're no Hercules, among other kids their age, this one is more physically fit. They may play a sport (no martial arts or combat training) or be some form of troublemaker. Regardless, this kid is the one the others count on for the more taxing jobs such as moving objects out of the way, breaking windows or running.
  • Smooth Talker: This kid knows how to get what they want, when they want it. Maybe they're a future delegate or simply throw tantrums. Either way, when the group needs help dealing with the adults, it's up to this one to talk their way out of trouble.
  • Tinkerer - This kid has always been good with their hands. Maybe they're skilled in arts and crafts, or has an interest in mechanics or magic or something a little more troublesome. It's their job to deal with the jobs that require a bit more finesse, such as lock picking or petty theft.

Optional: just some ideas of possible households (completely optional)(perks of said family are in parentheses)

• child of a churchman (taken) (access to knowledge of exorcisms and death records, access to holy water)
  • child of the police chief (access to knowledge of crimes and criminals, may have basic marksmanship with toy guns)
  • child of an influential family (access to money, more influence over adults, access to family history)
  • child of some sort of craftsman (access to knowledge of that craft, access to tools)
  • child of a shop keeper or pawn shop owner (access to shop items, access to customer gossip)
  • child of a different religion or a recent immigrant (access to knowledge of different forms of exorcisms and lore, can be combined with another background)
  • etc

There are some things I'd not like to see in characters though, to make things easier for the story.

Character No-Nos:

• Martial arts or combat training
  • Sexual abuse (as signs of this can be very apparent, such as inappropriate behavior, diseases and bathroom troubles, and we're playing children, I don't want to deal with any of this)
  • Shy or anti social personalities (at the beginning of the rp, the characters are already friendly enough with each other to sneak out at night and break rules so a shy character would be counterproductive)
  • Psychopaths, abnormal mental disorders, sadistic kids (just no)
  • no killers or murderers (bullies are okay though)

Just a brief look at my own character:

Ellie Blake is a rather small girl who moved to Innsmouth six months to live under the care of her uncle, the priest at the local church. An energetic and strong-willed girl, she's described by her teachers as intelligent, but doesn't think things through and wastes her memory on ghost stories rather than her studies. And though she doesn't try to do anything bad, she does seem to have issues with following authority, at least in the way expected of her, and has a habit of taking her games too seriously, labeling herself as a troublemaker. Ellie's a fan of the occult, anything in the horror genre, cooking and choir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am incredibly interested in the Tinkerer role. This seems well put together and I'm rather amazed, actually. c':

I'm interested in the smooth talker/child of the police chief, if this is still open!

Edit: Agh, nevermind, since three people already signed up before me x3

Haha OK sorry about that. I'll  take the muscle if that's still open. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back