• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Annie nodded, bashing her shields together. "And imagine blocking bullets while you're trying to not get your head caved in!" She stomped of towards Kenshi and began to hold her shields in front of her, a mechanical battering ram running at the dude, allowing Blixt and Czecho their window.

Kenshi raised a pistol he'd stolen off a player and was shooting at her, bouncing off her mech legs and hardlight shields. "Come here, you! Gonna take that sword as a trophy!"

Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy

A gank? Of course, if she was on her own she'd remove herself from the scene and strike again when her target was more worn down from the fighting. But with backup, a head-on attack seemed far more viable. "Save your buff. Annie, I'll end it before you take too much damage."

Blixt clambered up the nearest tree, hopping and sliding across the branches to circle around Kenshi, who had very kindly placed himself in the middle of a clearing with little cover. Obviously, he thought his speed and durability would be enough, at least for this situation.

Arriving in the treetops with Annie positioned on the other side of Kenshi, Blixt pulled one of her grenades off the harness on her chest. "Time to even the odds..."

The glowing blue grenade flew towards Kenshi, and-

"遅いな!" His sword flashed, catching the sticky grenade on its blade. Not to be deterred, the grenade detonated, glowing tendrils latching onto the ground and preventing him from withdrawing his sword. It wasn't the optimal result since he could just let go, but...

Leaping out of the tree, Blixt aimed her guns at his upper body, a hail of lead flying forth. Perhaps only one in four bullets penetrated his armor, but the sheer volume of them did quite some damage.

Togy Togy kase9187 kase9187

Annie saw Blixt's gank work, and his sword stuck to the ground. Not to be outdone in flashiness, her arms raised up above his head and slammed down. No amount of samurai armor was going to stop that much of an overhead slam. The samurai was down in the dirt.

"So how are we splitting tags?" Annie said, her suit turning back into her clip-on black box.

He leapt up suddenly with the pistol from before, pointed straight at Annie. "SHIT!"

Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy

Czecho was genuinely amazed by this man's durability. That kind of overhead strike just didn't look like the kind of thing you sprang up from.

"I've got him I've got him I've got him!" Czecho yelled while unloading on Kenshi. In an unnatural show of flexibility, they ducked the first burst and vaulted behind a tree to avoid the second. Czecho, undeterred, rushed the man's position. Kenshi must not have expected such a quick attack, as they were still ducking behind the tree when Czecho rounded on them, guns ready. He had him now-

Kenshi disappeared into thin air.

...What?

Before Czecho could even register it, Kenshi was behind him and had a grip on his arms, forcing his pistols up and under his chin. Realizing at the very last second what they were trying to do, with no small amount of terror, Czecho forced his pistols away just before Kenshi wrapped their fingers around the triggers of his pistols. In a burst of red, four incendiary bullets from each pistol missed Czecho's face by less than an inch.

"I don't have him I don't have him I don't have him!" Czecho yelled to the other two, trying to wrestle his weapons from Kenshi with very little success.

"私は死, 世界の破壊者です!" Kenshi yelled, whatever that meant.

Last edited:
1646022794335.pngSeeing Czecho and Blixt were turning into major targets, Reign decided to thin the number of attackers. He started with the one recovering from his blunder on the ice. Two daggers struck true, eliminating him.

Reign then dove for cover, avoiding the hail of stray gunfire coming from other parts of the arena. He darted from tree to tree, making an effort to catch up with the three rushing allies. He picked out one of the gunners who had failed to get the fire buff and swiftly picked her off.

The arena interior must have been enormous if so many competitors were able to not fully see each other, even with all this artificial forest. He followed the iconic sound of Sibylla's machine pistols and the trail of downed players. A slam followed it, followed by an expletive. When he broke through the foliage, this battered Samurai was holding none other than Czecho hostage. Reign's hand instinctively went for the acid vial, but he stopped...

No, the acid would be too predictable. He wanted to make this flashy, all or nothing. Instead, his fingers shifted to the poison needle stored amidst the four knife sheathes. With one precise toss, the fine tip passed between the samurai's helmet and torso armor, sticking to his neck in a way that would make it seem like it had embedded there. Poison surged, causing Kenshi to weaken, seize up, and eventually keel over.

"It looks like I'll have to keep track of all my saves!" Reign chuckled roguishly between breaths before stacking up with the well-fortified Annie.

Togy Togy kase9187 kase9187 Nellancholy Nellancholy

Last edited:
That was the second time Blixt had gotten interrupted today, which tended to happen when you were in a "team" with people who were all looking to show their skills and contribute. (And deep down everyone was looking for their own interests.) Lowering her hands to her waist, two projections of magazines appeared on her belt just to serve as part of the system interface, "refilling" the magazines of the guns in standard time.

"Very clever move there." She nodded at Czecho. "Really proving yourself out here today."

"As for you." She turned to Reign. "Go ahead, first pick of the spoils. Hell, take as many as you need to get to 10 if you want. I can make up the difference for myself if you don't mind. Kenshi got real busy right off the bat."

Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire

Annie laughed as Reign landed near her, her suit reforming again. "I'll just keep this thing out full time! That's three tags for me, how about you guys?"

She moved over to where the samurai sword was stuck in the ground, pulling it out. She took a good long look at it and her nanomachines shifted, and a blade similar to his sprouted from the wrist. However, she lost the shield on that side.

"Nice. I get the fucker's weapon and use it in my mech." She saved a copy of it to her own personal inventory, just to show off. "If anyone else wants it, you can have it. I got my scan."

A lone sniper peaked out of a tree and aimed at Reign, and shot. Annie moved her arm and the bullet bounced off her active shield.

"FUCK OFF WE'RE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN!" She screamed as she threw the mech copy of the katana from her wrist, causing a big digital slash to appear on his midsection as he went down.

"...make that four tags."

Nellancholy Nellancholy Goonfire Goonfire Togy Togy

As Kenshi locked up and keeled over, they almost dragged Czecho down with him. Shoving out of his grip, Czecho turned around as he backed up, not wanting to be anywhere near the samurai in case they had another second wind. Instead, Kenshi, powering through the paralysis, looked Czecho in the eye and laboriously unclenched his fists before reconfiguring them into two middle fingers right before his pendants appeared over his body. Honestly, he kind of respected that.

Holding his hand to his heart, he pointed to Reign with a look of pure gratitude. "You're the man!" Czecho said, fully agreeing with Blixt on Reign getting first pick. He was still overly pleased with how well Blixt was working in a team, though he wasn't entirely sure if she was sarcastic about him proving himself or not. It kind of felt like he ate dirt, but maybe it was just a matter of perspective?

"You guys have first serve, I've already got three" Czecho said, backing away from the pendants. "And good job, all of you. That was tougher than I thought he'd be, and I can't stress enough how much I appreciate that save back there Reign."

Last edited:
1646028977086.png
The number of flags on this downed samurai was stunning. Reign stared down at him, wide-eyed. The only way one could've amassed seven other pendants so quickly was if one had come out of the gate swinging... at one's lounge-mates. The dings and scratches in addition to the massive dents from Annie's shields and bullet holes, presumably from Blixt, made the possibility all too real. However, was there any horror to this? 'No,' Reign dismissed the thought. 'It is a free-for-all.'

While he was pointing finger guns to Czecho, Annie dispatched the sniper with an amazing throw of her own, the whole fleeting sequence of events having giving the poisoner a mini heart attack. "Simple," Reign stated post-flinch. "We all put in work, so we get even cuts." The conclusion was not only fair, but also swift and safe in more than one way. For one, what was stopping him from getting obliterated by three people at once if they felt cheated? For another, there was no time to debate! He took one other tag in addition to that of Kenshi, then let the other three have their shares.

With that ordeal over, he wondered how the rest of the impromptu team was faring.

Nellancholy Nellancholy kase9187 kase9187 Togy Togy

Silent Night
Getting ready for the tournament was simple, everything he required was on his person. As Roland slipped on a pair of shadowly gloves, making small talk with the members of the lounge before making his way to the entrance of the Arena.

The room they had been led to was dark, lined with a glowing purple band that highlighted the doorway. The audience or his fellow teamates wouldn't be able to see anyone until they stepped through.

"Couldn't ask for a better opportunity." Concentraiting his thoughts as he slipped on his onyx mask.

The announcer spoke loud and clear into the earpiece, and the Japanese was echoed over the speaker system for the thousands of people that had come to see the match live.
He couldn't help but get a little excited.

"And now please welcome the best players in the world, the competitors for this special Kuragi tech tournament. Give it up!"
It begins.

The crowd erupted as the players began pouring out. each door a different colour. The path lit up as they walked it. Only a few steps separated the stands from the arena, as he saw Bee crossed the white-line threshold with a jump. Immediately her weapon and her skill pouch materialized on her belt, and her visor appeared over her eyes.

"Fancy." Was all that was on his mind as audience roared deafening cheering, and blinding flashes from cameras. Seeing those on his team materializing their passions, dedication, and emotions, and when it came to his turn, he strutted pass the white-line casually, as no visible changed occured.

The players stopped as their designated points, the members of each lounge spread thirty feet apart. The arena was a distance away, barely making out players over the horizon.

When the players were all in position The announcer sounded again.
"Players! Are you ready?!"
The countdown started at 10.
"Tick Tock, Tick Tock. No need to overclock. Just get the job done, and nothing will go wrong." He idlely mulled in his mind, as he watched the clock tick by.

As everything went dark briefly.

The white line that marked the AdR arena lit up in a flash, and slowly, pixels trickled down, catching on shaped they were programmed to take.
The world materialized about them, a canopy of greenery and false life surronding his vision. As he immediately began to move. He needed to gain the upper hand quickly.

---
A few minutes of running around the dense forest had allowed him to get away from the impending chaos, he had to let himself think. He needed to find someone to team with, or he'll lose the tournament in the first round.

"Why does everyone have to be so ruthless in the first round, even the people in my lounge didn't want to team, they were all gunning to be number one... I hope I find someone who'll take pi- GAH!" His words were cut short by a ebony blade piercing through his body, as a black, shadowy had stabbed him in the back. He let his guard down since he thought he was away from all the players.

"Hey kid, some friendly advice. Next time when you're in a situation like that, use their irrationality to rationalize them.' The Black Shade spoke to him, before the blade was extracted from the body.

"Crits are so broken man..." The young support said before being eliminated from the tournament, as his physical body dissapeared in a showy, pixelated disintergration effect, while in reality, his body was teleported to a safe spectator area. As another pendant appeared on his body. Two in total.

"Eight more to go... He did say that his lounge was duking it out, maybe I'll be able to find the survivor of that lounge and take their pendants." He let his mind wander, before nodded to himself in agreement. "I should search for my teamates before that, I'll need help if I want to deal with more enemies." As The Black SIlence turned away, searching and regrouping with some of his allies.

Rubrum Saw the Whole thing From his scope but heard Some people's footsteps. "We gotta find, the sniper and take him out!"One of the male voices said. Rubrum had to swear under his breath in Russain because He felt like these three players Weren't a part of his "Game", But yes he had a plan, but he's going to need help for its one because he knew some of the other players are coming too.

He leaped off of the ledge after, Equipping his Sniper rifle Onto his back. From the Side of his Vision, Phi's Vision link Which phi had spotted the Three players, They was All dressed as Anime cosplayers from some Action animes, not to mention one wearing Kirito's SAO outfit, along with wearing different colored armor, and he cut the vision link, He was about to walk away since he hasn't been noticed yet, But nooo He had to step on a stupid Twig. The Three Knights noticed him."There he is!"They said. He chuckled a bit, wanting to Play. He ran Off, With The Swordsman and Two of the gunmen Chasing after him.

They all got near him, And he turned around." you're outnumbered, how are you going to beat us, 1 to three Players."The swordsman asked. But Then Rubrum grinned, and Then started laughing like a maniac, Which Confused the three of them."I can still take you down with one gun."He said. He then noticed phi and Suddenly said in Russian."Fi! Shokveyv!" They were all confused at what the Russian had said, but phi came out and realised a Shockwave of a bast, knocking them, back. He took his handgun and Shot The gunman on the right in the chest, As they took damage. But the man of the right shot of his gun, he Took some damage in the leg, as he saw his HP out of the right side of his vision go down a bit.

He had enough time to take cover and Play them, But first he to take two of them out quickly and stun the last idiot who dare oppose him. He then Noticed that the players are coming near, Time to Ghost snipe. He took his silencer on his sniper rifle and laid his rifle down, he laid on his belly and Shot the gunman on the right, who died soo, Quickly, Startling the other two. "Come on a little closer to Your deathtrap, gamers."He muttered. He Sniped the other Gunman on the left, Knocking them out. The Swordsman noticed where he was, But he changed his bullet Round, to a Stun round and fired it at The swordsman knocking him to the ground paralyzed.

Rubrem Stepped out of his hiding spot and walked to the Swordsman."h-how?" the swordsman asked. Rubrem, knew the stunning round lasted only 3 minutes, he had not much time left."Easy, Hide and Seek, I hid, You guys seemed me out, but it became a bit boring Since I found you and eliminated you, friends."He said. The swordsman was surprised."Now, who are you?"He asked. The Swordsman chuckled a bit." I'm Linchen.... How don't you know me?" the swordsman said. "i heard of you, Too bad, you won't make it to the Final Round."he said. The Swordsman looked Shocked."W-wait, What you're going to kill me!?!?! I thought we could become Allies?"He said. Rubrem frowned at the Swordsman."Sorry, I work alone for now and, by the way, you probably know me."He said. He took off his Picklehabuel and It revealed his signature hairdo, causing the Swordsman to gasp in shock. but the Russian player his shotgun out and shot the Player, and then the player disappeared.

HE checked that he had had Five kills."Tick-Tock, I will win soon...."He said. But he Gotten the feeling, after hearing some bushes rustle, he got ready, and Saw an Arrow coming at him."Sonova bitch.."He said ran away, realising he attracted a group of eight."phi! Scat!"He said. Phi runs away from him.

Last edited:
Annie decided to take two tags to make a total of six. She was about to head off with the others when she heard the gunfire... and a sniper rifle from around where they spawned.

"Hey, I think our sniper needs some help!" Annie told the others before stomping off towards Rubrem, both shields active again. "You guys try to flank whoever they are, I'll protect Rubrem!"

With that, she hoped her teammates would act on her plan and eventually made it to Rubrem, watching him flee. "Oi, Sniper, need a hand?" She said with a grin.

Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy Togy Togy Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

Rubrem turned to Face Anne."Aye! Annie I sorta need, help.... Because I got a Gang of people Chasing me...."He said Acting a bit embarrassed. He noticed someone coming until he noticed it was Several people after them."Yep, Help me."He said. But he then Taken out his Shotgun."Hey can you buy me Some time?"He asked Annie. He checked his poison bullet rounds, he smiled a bit."Because Things might Get A little Crazier than it already is."He said. It sounded like he currently has no idea, What he's doing.

kase9187 kase9187

Annie smiled and nodded. "Sure. Though some of our team might just be helping us." She clanged her shields together with a zapping noise.

Charging back towards the group of enemies, she threw up a Bastion and started throwing her shields from inside, hitting one or two but not taking anyone down... yet.

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy

He Need some time, Because He has a little Knockout Gift for the people, WHO CHASED HIM. He saw phi again and yelled out in Russain."PHI! SHOCKWAVE!" Phi Released a High pitched Dark shockwave at the Group of enemies, knocking some of them back."Phi! Assist Annie!"he commanded. Phi Gave out a chirp and Helped Annie and knocked the enemies back with his claws. Rubrem Shot a Couple of the enemy players with his poison round bullets, but he manages to get to the high place."Okay! I can knock out some of the enemies, with 10 of my bullets, since i used a few of them for a couple of anime cosplayers, I'm going to use my stun rounds first okay.."He said with a small Chuckle through his earpiece. but that sounded a bit odd coming from a Russian Sniper about anime cosplayers.

kase9187 kase9187 Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy

Annie laughed and kept chucking her shields at the enemy to give him cover.

"Make sure to let me have one to bury into the dirt!"

"Will Do!"He laided down, and takes aim and Fires, The Sound of gunfire is barely heard as it is Fired a guy, paralysing This one, And hit anther one on Annie's Right. HE kept on sniping until he the fifth one. "Okay sniped a few idiots."he said.

NeilVisor.png“I’ll have you know that takoyaki is great…”, Linguine mumbled at Czecho’s comment. “I don’t need things that cost a thousand to be content. Thank you for understanding how I feel.”, he added in response to Bee’s own reply. He could always trust his teammate to have his back!

Looks like they wouldn’t have any more time to dawdle; the tournament would soon start. “Welp, good luck, everyone.”, he said before making his way to the locker room to change.

Taking a short moment to breathe, the Canadian looked back at his reflection via a small mirror inside the locker. He looked as disheveled as ever, which was kind of his brand at this point. Well, as long as he was keeping active to stay in top form for AdR, he doubted people would judge him for silly things like the circles under his eyes.

He shook his head as he gently removed his glasses to put in the locker, replacing them with the visor he normally wore in-game. Thinking about himself would come later, he had to mentally prepare for the tournament. The first few seconds were commonly the most important -a single mistake in the early-game could cost the whole game, especially with such a large opposition. Unfortunately, not much of a strategy could be done with the limited information they had about the map… Well, whatever, he’d figure it out along the way.

His gaze was razor-sharp as he stood along with the other players, waiting for the countdown to reach zero. In a few seconds, he’d have to stop thinking about everything unnecessary and focus on the game. Easy.

Linguine bolted forward the second the trees started appearing around him. Fortunately, he wasn’t the only one. “Let’s quickly try out all the buffs we can.”

As he was making his way towards one of the powerups, his eyes shot to the side and the Canadian immediately came to a halt, ducking behind a tree to evade some fire from an opposing group. He didn’t exactly see who it was but he could at least confirm that long-range opposition was already onto them. “That was quick…”, he sighed, quickly glancing around to observe the layout of the forest. He instinctively put his hands in his pockets -even in his AdR suit, he made sure to give himself a hoodie, though this one was a bit more form-fitting to ease his movements. ’Alright, I got it. What if I just-’

"LEEEEERRRROOOYYYYYY JENKINS!"

’-wait for Akramian to do something. Fair enough.’ It seemed that Czecho’s move distracted the players that were going after Linguine, as seen with their brief, surprised comments.

Immediately coming out of his hiding place, Linguine armed his cannon and started spraying toward the pair of players after him, dealing some good damage right off the bat to the both of them and forcing them to flee to cover.

The Fire elemental pool was close by and still swarming with various players willing to risk their lives to get the powerup, even after Czecho’s quick trip to the area. Shrugging, Linguine took cover behind trees and started peppering the area around the pool, making sure this time to apply his signature random debuffs on the poor targets. Additional damage, slows, even more damage. Yep, just how he liked it. “Pew, pew pew…!”, he mouthed as he focused on a few weakened players, scoring some kills in the process.

“There he is, get him!”, a few voices made themselves known. Looks like people would finally start focusing on him. Took them long enough to notice him. Judging from the number of players left, he definitely couldn’t beat all of them in one go. Despite this, Linguine let a smile come to his face as he walked out of cover, waving the other players hello. “Sup.” Of course, that caused the players near the pool to fire at him with everything they had. To the joy of many, their attacks seemed to work, making direct contact with Linguine and sending him back after suffering massive damage!

Some smiles soon faltered once the digital clone dissipated after taking all that damage, the real Linguine having teleported away before getting attacked. He was currently running deeper in the forest, making sure to be on high-alert for any trap that might fall on him. He admittedly liked using his Clone Trick to troll people but he couldn’t exactly abuse it due to its cooldown. Nevertheless, he was safe for now. With attention diverging away from him, finding a powerup for himself would be pretty neat right about now… Oh hey, speaking of which!

A diamond-like shape with a recognizable question mark floated not far from him, catching his attention. Glancing around to make sure no one was there, Linguine bolted toward the powerup and touched it, clenching his fist as his suit downloaded the buff.

Before getting a chance to see what it was, a rustle behind him caused the Canadian to quickly step back, dodging a rather large area attack from an enemy player. While the opponent wore light-looking armor, the enormous shotgun-like weapon he held was nothing short of menacing. If Linguine got hit close range, it’d probably be the end right there. … Oh, he was right in front of him. That could complicate things.

“Well well well.”, the opponent said, flashing Linguine a grin. “I thought I’d be smart going a bit deeper than others but I found other insects standing in my way.”

’... Oh, he’s one of THOSE kind of guys…’ Clearing his throat, Linguine patiently stood, observing the other player’s fingers. The second he’d try and shoot, he’d make his move.

“Heh, I saw your moves back there.”, the other player continued. “You and that clone thing. You won’t get me with it. In fact, I’m sure you’re right THERE!”, he added, followed by the large BANG of his large weapon as he fired the wide area blast to the side toward the trees.

“...” Without a word, Linguine raised his arm cannon at the other player’s head and fired. “I ain’t a clone, though.” It appeared that this player was already damaged as this was enough to eliminate him, though Linguine did notice his shot seemed to have went through his opponent! Maybe the buff he just got was Piercing Shots? Niiiice.

“Man, I totally big-brained this, huh… Yep, all me.”

Togy Togy SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Goonfire Goonfire Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

While Annie and Rubrum were mopping up some adjacent opposition, Blixt took it as a welcome opportunity to catch her breath and reload both her weapons. Two pennants from the first squad she wiped out with a little help from Czecho, another two from her share of Kenshi's score. Add her own and that made five. Halfway there. Maybe she should have picked off a few of her loungemates early on too. She'd have gotten away with it much easier, considering how Kenshi had made himself a big target. Still, she gave her word that she'd spare them, or something like that. And it simply wouldn't do to go back on that.

But she wasn't hanging around either. Taking to the trees again, with Helios by her shoulder, she spotted...a few marks of battle. Nothing like the all-out brawls that had occurred so far, but the deep, thin wedges on the trees suggested...

Fwip.

An arrow grazed Helios, taking off a chunk of its health before lodging itself into the tree they were standing on.

"Great..." Wooden shafts, feathered fletching...another damn LARPer. Leaping from branch to branch to stay in motion, Blixt cursed the lack of visibility in the forest. Whoever her assailant was, Helios hadn't picked them out, which meant they had some sort of concealment ability...

Just then, her earpiece beeped. "Hey there, Blixt. Fancy seeing you here!" Of course. It was Sherwood. They'd played different games, Blixt with Dominariant and Sherwood with Company of Champions, the MOBA that made Rampage's fortune. But being at the top of their respective divisions meant they were both often promoted together by their sponsor, and they at least knew of each other.

"Oh, Sherley." Blixt snarled with the exertion of her movements as she scanned her surroundings. "Fancy NOT seeing you here. I will soon, though..."

"Better hurry then..." A whistle split the air as a few bright green streaks surged forth.

Seeking arrows? Blixt tucked and allowed herself to fall as the arrows grazed her, before reaching out to grab onto a lower, thicker branch. If she didn't catch up soon...she'd be slowly bled out.

If she couldn't track Sherwood down directly, then...of course!

Her dire wolf mount, as swift and attentive as it was, did not have the transformation capabilities of Helios, and could therefore not fly or climb. At Blixt's next command, the dove became a cat, sprinting amongst the gnarled trees and their roots. There, guarding the ground beneath Sherwood but never staying still...a hulking purple hound that darted between the trees with the speed of a far smaller creature.

"Hey Sherley, think fast!"

"I don't have to, Blixt. When I shoot fast-"

The fact that the wolf logically also needed to be under direct control meant it was poorly-equipped to react to Helios hissing and hurling itself at the far larger creature.

"What the hell are you pulling, Blixt? You know Silverfang can just crush Helios, and-"

"I'm pulling...this."

It was a risky move, but Helios had already taken some damage, and this would be a worthy trade. At another press on Blixt's wrist, Helios almost seemed to swell up as it glowed red and then-

BOOM.

It exploded in a sphere of flame, taking Silverfang with it. In a less flammable environment, the explosion would be painful but not particularly long-ranged. In this forest made to burn, however...

The fire surged, reaching up to the canopies of the trees. "I see you haven't learned subtlety, Blixt. Not to worry, you'll have plenty of time to as I make my exit!" With that, Sherwood threw out her arm, a rope and hook shooting forth as she swung out of the flames in quintessential swashbuckling style, right into-

"Time for your exit." Blixt sneered, punctuating their statement with a single blast of buckshot.

"Ow..." Her health depleted and her suit deactivated, Sherwood collapsed onto the branch like a cat. "Next time..." She chuckled. "And I'll look forward to seeing you get taken out with no familiar and so little health left..."

The fire continued to spread, and there was indeed seemingly no way out...

"Please. Don't wait up." Blixt gave her a little nudge with her foot before pulling out her second tether grenade. She was going through these a bit faster than she would like to. Winding up, she hurled them as far as it would go, before jumping after it. The tethers shot out, attaching to her and allowing her to swing in midair before releasing her, allowing her to land safely outside the flames.

Taking cover by a rock formation, Blixt sized up her options. Sherley had three pennants from people she'd already picked off. That made eight. As much as she hated to slow down, her best option was probably to wait for Helios to respawn and use its healing beam...or more boldly, she could go for a powerup that hopefully had healing or defensive benefits...

Annie smiled and stomped out of the Bastion, the walls dropping as the remaining players didn't react fast enough before being bodied by a huge mech and getting knocked out of the game.

That left the paralyzed ones, whom numbered just enough to probably ensure Annie and Rubrem a place in the second round. After smashing another, that left her nine tags down. She decided to let Rubrem keep the rest, as she had no idea how many he had.

"They're all yours, R--" She was immediately cut off by a quick mech bursting out of the trees and blindsiding her, both winding up in a large clearing near a sparking pool.

"God, hey there Apophis. Just as much of a dick as ever. How many tags do you have?" She decided to poke his buttons a bit. She knew this guy, rather good at mech fight games like Armored Core.

"I wanted Annie to be my first. To just prove my mech is better."

"Ah, so you only have one."

"Soon I'll be winning. You have nine, and I'll take all of them."

Annie zipped over to the pool and put a Barrier around her. She smirked and beckoned him closer.

Luckily what he had in bravado he lacked in game sense. He charged her as she took a step backwards, dipping the mech into the electricity and allowing her to simply punch his midsection and cause his suit to short-circuit, expelling him as he looked dazed.

"Wow you're dumb." She remarked before stomping on him to bury his body into the dirt. That was ten!

Her voice radiated out over comms with her loungemates. "This is Annie. Just got my tenth tag. If I don't get immediately snatched by that block cat I'll help you guys get your remaining tags."

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan SilverFlight SilverFlight Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead animegirl20 animegirl20 Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental Goonfire Goonfire Togy Togy

Rubrem Snickered a bit and He fired His remaining bullets before he needs a Reload."Four + five equals Nine... Hehe, i'm getting better at doing this."He said. He Didn't realize that The fifth one is missing, and Heard a gun Cocked sound from nearby."Son of a-" BEfore he could even finish it he got hit in the other leg, by someone. "GAH! Why do i keep getting shot in the legS?!?!?!"he shouted out. He heard rustling and a Girl stepped out."Cherio, Rubrem.."She said. Rubrem paled, he knew this girl and her name was starrmelody, yeah the name sounds pretty but the player and her playstyle isn't pretty, they have known each as rivals because they're both snipers from the game Gun Wars Online.

Rubrem Chuckled a bit."Long time not see Starr.."He said. Starrmelody frowned."are you Not mad or sad to see me?"She asked. Rubrem just chuckled."nope, because without my legs i can beat you."he said. Starr just laughed."How? Where're your allies, Where's the rest of your ammo?"She asked. One thing fact in a game is to not underestimate this guy, he always almost has a plan, but when he spotted phi he chuckled."Right here... PHI SHOCKWAVE NOW!"he said, but yelled the rest in Russian. Starr looked confused but then winced as she heard a Loud high Pitched Roar of darkness was heard, and Rubrem had to cover his ears, but the Girl player was dazed as he Took out his Handgun and Shot at star several Times, Knocking her back and she disappeared in pixels. "AW HECK YES THAT WAS TEN and IN YOUR FACE STARR!"he yelled accidentally yelling that in his radio earpiece to his loungemates. He forgot he got shot in his legs as he got up, he felt "pain" shot up from his legs."Ow..."he said.

kase9187 kase9187 animegirl20 animegirl20 Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Goonfire Goonfire SilverFlight SilverFlight

C45CCCD2-13CF-41F4-82BC-55228D3DBE27.jpeg The PvP round was going a lot more smoothly than Reign had anticipated. With two teammates reporting they were at ten, he needed to hurry if he wanted to qualify. Perhaps he could find someone else with several kills under their belt, and—

“RANDULF!!!” A male voice called dramatically, the accompanying jingle of heavy armor sending shivers down the debuff specialist’s spine. “Oh no... God, please, no,” Reign murmured under his breath with a grimace. He turned to view the already damaged medieval knight pointing a longsword at him. “Ffffuck... I don’t know him. I do not know him,” Reign repeated, an embarrassed blush spreading across his pale cheeks.

“YES, YOU DO!” the eccentric Brit pressed in a booming voice that would let the dead know what was happening. “Long have I, SirAaron, awaited my chance to settle our score! But I am not without honor! Come and face me, coward!” Reign reluctantly complied with his challenge, shuffling out from behind Annie. “I have purposely had my hit points reduced by half as I fought my way to you, knowing you’d have coaxed another tank to leave you intact! But that will not save you, my treacherous love! You feel compelled to face your fate, do you not?”

Reign facepalmed. Had that long-winded, chivalrous hemorrhoid seriously worked this hard just to fight him again? It’d be almost romantic, had Aaron not made this awkward for Reign and those teammates who stuck close. “I challenge you to a high-stakes due—“

A sudden roar of gunfire erupted from the adjacent trees, large-caliber bullets shredding the knight. A maniacal laugh bellowed from the surprise attacker as he panned the weapon towards Reign. One shot struck the poisoner before he could make it to cover, reducing his hit points by five. He peeked back out to see another young man dressed as an American Prohibition-era gangster with a Thompson submachine gun. Smoke rolled from both the barrel of the gun and the AdR cigar. “I’ll rack up twenty from you dumbasses at this rate,” the mafioso cackled.

“At least you shot my crazy ex first! Tack, I suppose!” Reign hollered back. A single shot grazed the tree, forcing him to stay squeezed behind cover.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Togy Togy Mirai-chan Mirai-chan kase9187 kase9187 Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental

Annie heard a hail of gunfire around where she'd left the others to go help someone else, so she zipped back and saw Reign behind a tree. Stepping in front of it, she threw up her Bastion and started throwing her shields to give a bit of covering fire.

"Oi, ninja! Heal up and get back to the shadows while I draw this dudes fire!"

Goonfire Goonfire

Czecho had disappeared from sight as soon as the other enemies began appearing, leaving nothing but crushed grass and two missing pendants in his wake.

Crashing through the foliage, he nearly tripped and fell over the body of the player he'd helped Blixt off earlier, LMG laying just next to them. And, wait a second-

"Why are you still here?" Czecho asked, confused, "You know you can leave the arena now, right?"

The LMG player, visibly pissed off and unmoving on the ground, stayed stock still. "I can't move my suit because you asshats stunned me so much. I can't even lift a god damn finger!"

"Whoah, keep it PG man, there are kids watching," Czecho bent down to pick up the LMG before crouching over the fallen player to loot them for ammo. "You don't mind if I take these, do you?"

"Yes," they said immediately, only to be ignored as Czecho unhooked two box magazines from the man's chest and turned away, "Yes, I do mind! Bring those back!" Czecho was already gone, leaving the player to pout in silence where they laid on the floor. "Assholes..."

Lugging the Vietnam era M60 styled LMG through the woods, Czecho stopped dead in his tracks, wide-eyed once he reached the clearing with Kenshi's body. He was back up, currently trying to pry their katana from where it was still entrapped from whatever it was that had come out from Blixt's grenade.

Czecho let out an audible sigh of relief once he looked up though. A bright red X hovered over their head, indicating they were eliminated. They were just trying to grab their sword before leaving the arena, they hadn't magically resurrected. Thank god.

They looked to be struggling, and out of respect for the man's skills, he figured he should lend a hand. "Here, let me" Czecho offered, startling Kenshi. Walking up, he leveled the barrel of the LMG to the tendril wrapped around the sword and let loose 8 rounds. Tearing through the tendrils, Kenshi was finally able to yank the katana free. Turning to Czecho, they gave a visibly reluctant bow of thanks and silently walked away, presumably to the arena's exit, or to their next training arc. Man, that guy was weird.

Gunfire lit up the woods ahead of him, catching Czecho's attention. Staopping momentarily to dip the LMG into the fire pool and imbue it with incendiary damage, Czecho rushed forth towards the action. The LMG was heavy as all hell, despite it being digital. Czecho had no idea how that worked. How could Rambo lug around a real one with one arm?

He made it just in time to see...Reign's ex challenge him to a duel? Wow, nice catch Reign, but you never do it with the LARPers, that one's a hard lesson to learn. Czecho wasn't getting in between that, he had his own love life to concern himself with, thank you very much.

Mercilessly, a mafioso offed the LARPer and began unloading on Reign, who took cover behind a tree. One, sick Tommy gun, two, the bro code dictated he had to help the guy out. Really helped that he wasn't going to be stepping in as a shotgun relationship counselor too. Getting into the mood, Czecho began humming the Rambo theme song as he unloaded with his newfound LMG directly at the mobster, unconcerned with inane, petty things like bullet conservation or collateral damage. The bullets cracked through the air, high caliber incendiary rounds letting out puffs of flames every time they hit a surface.

Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy kase9187 kase9187

Last edited:
Jason Ortega
cc022e7f67f054e64cf1af43a3d45b9a.jpg

SilverFlight SilverFlight Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire Tiguidi Tiguidi kase9187 kase9187 animegirl20 animegirl20 Nellancholy Nellancholy animegirl20 animegirl20 FiveElemental FiveElemental

Jason was a bit disappointed when Annie left his arm. However, this was something that he lived for. The others scattered and went to work doing their things. He was not like them.He had a very different method of doing things. Rather than scattering to accumulate as many tags as possible, he decided to go a different route. Almost nonchalantly, he looked around the arena, taking in the sight and looking for the perfect spot. When he noticed one of the clearings, he decided that was the place.

Taking the time to walk towards it, he seemed indifferent to all the fighting that was going on around him. Rather, he opened his menu and began to fiddle with skills. Now seeing exactly how the people he needed to worry about fought, he started to adjust. He stopped in the clearing, still fiddling with his skills and equipment. As he did so, the other players simply looked in confusion, until they decided to try and swarm him to take his tag. That was a mistake.

First was a single rail gun shot from a sniper. Almost instantly Jason turned to take the shot. Smoke pillowed about, the opposing players assuming they had at least knocked him down. They were wrong. With one swing, a path opened in the smoke, revealing Jason in full armor and his living sword pulsing as is spoke in a deep, unsettling voice of broken glass and gravel "Charge!" That voice signaling the first of 3 charge counters on it.

The shock of the moment took hold as they rushed, laying fire into him. Skill and weapon unloaded into this beast of a man. Yet, they were doing almost nothing. Each attack barely did any damage and some didn't even get through "Charge!" The second charge counter.

Despite his massive size, Jason moved swiftly. Rather than using skills, he used his fighting technique and the armors massive singular hand to quickly dispose of a few, confirming four tags in a short span of time. It was masterful. Watching all manner of players attempting to take down such a monster. Heavy gun fire raining down on him, but little damage actually being done. Slowly, Jason's movements were confining them. Pushing them together into a tight firing squad. This was exactly his plan. Area and battle flow control. A tanks main purpose behind soaking damage. Then, the noise that signaled the end "Charge!" The sword spoke in it's broken, demonic voice. The final charge counter.

Has he made his way closer to the now clustered firing squad against him, the sword pulsed. The eye on either side moving erratically as it stored the energy of the attacks that had charged it. It was all over by the time his sword rang out three times. Yes, there was a disadvantage to not being able to attack without these charge counters. However, the advantage was too great to ignore.

Suddenly, without warning, he dashed forward to the group. Taking a wide swing once he stopped. The pure force of how hard he was swinging the massive sword was enough to take down most people. This, of course, was without the sword being charged. Now that it was fully charged, this was a devastating blow. The massive edge of the sword cut through the air, eventually finding its first of many targets. The sword cleaved through the entire firing line. Not particularly cutting through anything except ADR constructs. However, it was much like being hit by a car as his charged blade ripped through their entire formation. Sending most of them flying and knocking them out. When all was said and done, he was the one left standing. This group did take a good portion of his HP. Granted, it still wasn't much, but they took more than most people would. After that was done he took the time to collect the tags. Final count, 22 tags. Now to find his next target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back