• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forever Living [WIP Closed.]

I'm glad you asked! The transformation depends on the size and health of the person. You're correct, it would take anywhere between 2-4 days. So if an adult is extremely healthy, the longest they can last is four days. If a small, more unhealthy person were to contract it, it would at most take two days.

Those who are going under the transformation will have headaches, of course, as the bots are destroying parts of their brain. With headaches, they have minor symptoms like sensitivity to light and sound, confusion, dizziness, and fatigue. The more major symptoms are vomiting, loss of memory (short term), convulsions or seizures, hallucinations, and full blown rage. When they 'turn' they convulse until the nanobots have fully taken control, and then it's as if nothing was wrong with them physically.

It would take quite awhile for them to die of hunger, but they will eat anything that moves in order to stay alive. But it isn't like a normal zombie, they don't eat regularly, as they don't feel hunger. They only eat every once a week or so, to remain alive. This of course causes the body to get very thin and bony looking. Despite this, they are still much faster than any average human.

If you, or anyone else has any questions,
or ideas, please don't hesitate. Thank you!

@papachan

Very interesting and well thought out. Thank you for the clarification! As for ideas, and I'm just throwing stuff out there and it may be waaay to early for an idea like this, but I read a book once called 'The Forest of Hands and Teeth'. It is a book about zombies, fences, etc. Now, they said something about different "sorts" of zombies. Now, these were of unknown causes, but probably a bacterial or viral sort, and they didn't need to really eat to survive, so these are very different types of zombies when you look at them side by side. However, there were some zombies that were super fast, strong, destructive, and abnormally aggressive. These would be able to tear through even other zombies to get what they wanted, but the problem with them was that they burned out really quickly and quite literally tore themselves apart.

I was just wondering if over a period of time if these nanobots would "get smart" and create a hierarchy or a plan to eliminate the rest of these humans. Even if these humans are hiding, and posing no immediate threat, this would be something that I personally would not be able to ignore. What I mean by this is that the nanobots in specific zombies, when pressured to by the environment, would force the bodies to go through rapid "evolution" in order to change something about themselves (Like hearing, sight, strength, etc.) so that they may be more adept at finding what they need in a group.

Let me know what you think, and I should have my response by tonight or early tomorrow. I'm going to have Vladdy be a psychiatrist in the area, owning his own office unless anyone has any objections or wants me to interact with them before all of this breaks loose.

@Skiriki

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I've read the book! I loved it!! Anyway, I definitely understand what you're saying. I love the idea, and often thought about a hierarchy myself. It's a great possibility that throughout time, the nanobots would continue to evolve into some sort of super zombie, if you will. As the RP starts to really form, we can make some sort of 'seeker' zombie, who hunts down their pray (us) no matter what we are doing, unlike the others. I definitely want to branch off the idea and get it in motion as we progress! Thank you for the input. @papachan

Despite going over my original intended writer count, I'm adding one more to the group! Everyone please welcome @Princess Ktyria to the RP. You're welcome to post your intro whenever dear!

On a side note: If anyone feels like withdrawing from the group, please let me know! We can either kill off your character, or you can kill them off yourself, but I don't want you to post any half-written posts of obligation. You're welcome to rejoin with another character at a later date, as long as you PM me before hand.

Skiriki said:
Despite going over my original intended writer count, I'm adding one more to the group! Everyone please welcome @Princess Ktyria to the RP. You're welcome to post your intro whenever dear!
On a side note: If anyone feels like withdrawing from the group, please let me know! We can either kill off your character, or you can kill them off yourself, but I don't want you to post any half-written posts of obligation. You're welcome to rejoin with another character at a later date, as long as you PM me before hand.
Thank you so muccchhh!!! Okay so- I'll post tomorrow because I'm hanging out with some friends right now but IM SO EXCITED!!

@papachan Absolutely.

**Edit** I also may open CS applications again as we progress, to bring others in. But not at the moment.

Are you planning to add new info and ideas(like the info about "turning") to the overview as we work it out?

Also, how exactly do you "contract the disease", for lack of a better term? I noticed you said the nanobots have to enter the bloodstream, does this mean we should treat it as we would treat a bloodborne disease? Or is there more to it?

Sorry, but I'm finally back after experiencing a week (Note: Guilt trip) of procrastination and self-criticism, and oozing with a feeling of emptiness as I've forgotten to wholly finish my character yet I got accepted. This created further guilt as I now rush to create my character. This post wasn't intended to make any sense and was written absolutely no reasons in mind.

[QUOTE="Joan the Rebel]Are you planning to add new info and ideas(like the info about "turning") to the overview as we work it out?
Also, how exactly do you "contract the disease", for lack of a better term? I noticed you said the nanobots have to enter the bloodstream, does this mean we should treat it as we would treat a bloodborne disease? Or is there more to it?

[/QUOTE]
I surely can, yes. It's contracted as usual, through a bite, or a scratch. You can treat it as a blood disease if you'd like, as it has similar properties. However, it's little nanobots within the bloodstream looking to infect you and eat your brain so they can thrive.

Elephantom said:
Sorry, but I'm finally back after experiencing a week (Note: Guilt trip) of procrastination and self-criticism, and oozing with a feeling of emptiness as I've forgotten to wholly finish my character yet I got accepted. This created further guilt as I now rush to create my character. This post wasn't intended to make any sense and was written absolutely no reasons in mind.
Welcome back. Take your time on your character, if you'd like. I thought he was pretty well written, which is why I accepted him. No rush at all. Unless you yourself wanted to rush, then you do what suits you.

Skiriki said:
I surely can, yes. It's contracted as usual, through a bite, or a scratch. You can treat it as a blood disease if you'd like, as it has similar properties. However, it's little nanobots within the bloodstream looking to infect you and eat your brain so they can thrive.
That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!

Since it's nanobots...There's this really well-written sci-fi webcomic called Schlock Mercenary that uses deadly nanobots for a few storylines. It's got several of the same concepts you seem to have here for how nanobots would work, but the nanobots have also been known to leave a 'Trojan Horse' body through the mouth in sort of an 'insect cloud' as a method of quick and deadly infection of several people at once. I was thinking that, if the nanobots advance enough, they might develop a similar stratagem. That may not work, partly due to how the nanobots function in this RP, with the killing part of the brain instead of rewriting it, but I thought it was worth suggesting at least.

I'm writing my intro post right now, @Ember Spark, I've just gotten back from a funeral so I've been writing it bit by bit. I will have it finished today and anyone is welcome to interact with Dr. Hayes or Mrs. Whittington. Neither of them are going to bite, yet, and they're actually really sweet despite some of the tension that may be in my first post.

papachan said:
I'm writing my intro post right now, @Ember Spark, I've just gotten back from a funeral so I've been writing it bit by bit. I will have it finished today and anyone is welcome to interact with Dr. Hayes or Mrs. Whittington. Neither of them are going to bite, yet, and they're actually really sweet despite some of the tension that may be in my first post.
I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you are doing well.

So id like to ask where's this going? I know there's like 4 more people who need to post but its been... What? Weeks? I'd just like to know if this is gonna go on. I'm really interested in this RP.

@Ember Spark

I'm also wondering what is going on. I really want to be apart of this RP as well and actually busted my butt editing and revising my character sheet and post to make sure it was the best I could give. I don't want this excitement and effort to go to waste.

papachan said:
@Ember Spark
I'm also wondering what is going on. I really want to be apart of this RP as well and actually busted my butt editing and revising my character sheet and post to make sure it was the best I could give. I don't want this excitement and effort to go to waste.
Right? Plus this RP is great and we have an amazing bunch of writers.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm much too excited for this to go to waste. @Ember Spark @papachan

I'm thinking that we are just going to have to continue with whom we have, and the others will have to catch up. If they don't post within the next few days, I'll open CS applications again, and we will move forward with who is posting.

How does that sound?

@Elephantom @Joan the Rebel @Fioreo @heavenly @Princess Ktyria

But those of you who have made your first post, you're welcome to post again. Those of you who haven't made your first post, please do so ASAP.

If you haven't posted already, please post by the end of the day, or early tomorrow! If not, I will consider your CS application at this point WIP, and we will continue with whom we have that have posted. If you are going to post soon, but you cannot today, please let me know as soon as possible.

This post includes:@Elephantom @Fioreo @heavenly @Princess Ktyria

Users who are viewing this thread

Back