• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

He shook his head and frowned, "Don't worry about the lawyers. Not right now.... You should sue the fuck out of that hospital but right now... Hey, hey man, take it easy." He said quickly noticing Ricky starting to wake up, "Hey I'm gonna take Rory to go get something to eat alright? I'll be back." He promised, lifting the little boy and soothed him when he was waking up but knowing Max needed minimal distractions right now.

"Hey... Where... what happened?" He slurred a little, not able to focus his vision on her properly.

She smiled and reached for her as best she could "Hey baby. Hey... Careful honey Mommy's still achey." She told her quietly, holding her as tightly as her current state would allow "Oh baby hi. You being a little superstar for uncle Nick?" She asked her, looking at Nick and smiling a little at the relief on his face

Max looked over at Ricky as he started to wake up and gave a heavy sigh "Hey....hey take it easy." She murmured before taking his hand in hers kissing his knuckles repeatedly "You....you had a stroke baby."

Eden smiled happily and held her mom as much as she could "I missed you so much Mommy! I made you lots of drawings and cards." She said before pointing to the table area next to her bed "You want to see them?"

Carmen smiled and nodded "I even told Daddy that he wasn't allowed to show me ... til you got here." She smiled tiredly, laying back a little more now but continued twiddling with Eden's hair "Did you get bigger without me?" She asked her smiling a little. "Are you enjoying big kid school?" She asked her quietly, looking over when Noah cursed loudly and Eden was sat looking confused 'She's meant to be going to school?' She heard Nick ask and just raised an eyebrow at Noah

He frowned a little but closed his eyes and focused on breathing. "I was... Couldn't see." He told her, "Chest hurts." He mumbled, starting to pass out again already, his fingers twitching when he tried to hold her hand back

Noah went wide eyed when she mentioned school and cussed loudly "Uh....shit.....I um, I completely forgot about that." He muttered putting his head in his hands and cussing himself quietly about it.

Max held him and shook her head "Just rest babe, just rest." She whispered getting up when Iris started to get fussy for a bottle.

She smiled a little and shook her head. “That’s okay, we can work that out later. Noah, it’s fine. You’ve had…. Bigger issues to handle.” She promised, letting Eden go through all the cards and drawings she’d done, noticing nick quietly take Noah for a walk. “You’re being a good girl for daddy aren’t you? You know he needs lots of love right now. He’s been working really hard for us.” She murmured to Eden, stroking her hair and let her cuddle in.

Vinny only came back a couple hours later and handed max a key card. “For the hotel across the street. It’s not fancy but it’s clean. They’re not gonna let you stay overnight with the kids.” He pointed out.

Eden nodded and giggle softly "Yes, and I make sure to give the kitties lots of loving too." She said before cuddling her feeling relaxed finally "I missed you Mommy." She whispered.

Noah walked with Nick and shook his head a bit "I'm so fucking stupid, how the hell did I forget to get her ready for school?" He muttered in an angry tone.

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded "Where are you staying?" She asked not wanting him to be stuck there too.

Nick shook his head and walked outside with him, handing him a cigarette. “Because you’ve been busy. And I think she will survive missing the first couple months of big kid school…. Noah, you gotta be good to yourself right now. You’ve kept shit handled and been there with your wife and son. But if you want any help getting Eden sorted with school I can help.” He told him. “But don’t be too harsh on yourself.”

He shook his head. “I gotta go home max. I was gonna drive ricks car back down cause there’s no other way it’s getting home. He’s not driving anytime soon.” He pointed out, “but I got work stuff happening the next couple days. Chris said he might come up if he’s got time.” He told her, “but your hotel is sorted alright? If you need stuff from home text me and I’ll find out who’s coming up next to get them to bring it for you.” He told her, looking over when Rick started waking up again and struggling to breathe steady, stepping out to grab a nurse for him.

Noah took the cigarette and gave a heavy sigh "I know, I just....I just want shit to be normal again." He muttered before taking a long drag "Hopefully now with Carmen being awake and Keaton doing better we can move forward." He said quietly.

Max nodded and sighed heavily "Right, thank you for all your help Vin." She murmured but frowned when she heard Ricky's breathing start to get worse. She held both kids close to her just hoping that he would settle down.

He frowned and looked over at her a little scared, not very aware of what was going on, just knowing he couldn't breathe until they came to help him get more settled, closing his eyes exhausted but soon heard Rory waking up and getting fussy, looking back over at him again "C'mere." He told Max, trying to reach for her and the kids, noticing how checked out she seemed to be.

He nodded and leaned up against the wall, "You need a vacation." He told him, "I'll take Eden home in a little bit," HE told him, going back up after a little while and smiled as they walked in and found both of them asleep, letting Noah pick Eden up himself, "Can she see Keaton yet?" He asked him.

Max moved to lay with him holding Iris close to her "We'll get this figured out, it'll be fine." She muttered to herself as she did her best to keep it together, however it was causing her to check out and go into autopilot.

Noah smiled some as they found them asleep and snapped a quick photo "I dunno yet, I needed to talk to her nurse about it. You mind waiting here while I ask them?" He asked before thanking him and going out to find her nurse.

He frowned and closed his eyes “am I… dying?” He managed to ask her, using his good side to reach and hold iris’ hand, not taking his eyes off of her. “Looks… like you.”

He nodded and sighed a little hoping he could convince Noah over the next couple days to start going home at night and actually getting some rest.

Max looked over at him with frightened eyes and shook her head some "I don't know..." she whispered truthfully to him before looking down at Iris who was now just staring at Ricky and smiling.

Noah got to her nurse and rubbed at his eyes a bit to try and wake up "Hi, I was wondering do you by chance know when my wife could see our son? I understand it might take some time but she has been asking about him." He explained to the woman.

He frowned and closed his eyes for what felt like a few seconds but when he woke up next it was dark outside and he frowned. “Still… wanna… divorce?” He mumbled.

She nodded. “Day after tomorrow. Doctor wants some more answers on the damage to her spine before we start moving her around too much.” She explained. “Are you alright? You’re looking a little pale.” She told him frowning.

Max looked over at him when he woke up again later that evening and shook her head "No...god no...I never did...I shouldn't have ever said that." She said softly taking his hand in hers again.

Noah nodded some and gave a small smile "Thank you, and I'm alright just tired is all." He murmured before heading back to the room only making it about half way before he collapsed from exhaustion.

Carmen frowned as she woke up to a bit of commotion in the hallway, “what’s going on?” She mumbled. “Where’s Noah?” She asked Nick, seeing Eden was still cuddled up to her.

He frowned and no squeezed hee hand. “Feels like… something squeezing… my chest.” He told her quietly, looking up at her. “I love you…. Favorite…. Wife.” He teased her with a little smile.

Nick frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "He just collapsed in the hall.he's alright, its exhaustion." He explained to her shaking his head some "He's done the best he could to take care of himself, but these days he hasn't been doing well." He told her truthfully.

Max let a few tears fall and smiled softly at him "I love you too favorite husband." She murmured to him before squeezing his hand "You are my world."

“Did they… did they say what’s wrong?” He asked her quietly hoping to get a straight answer but knowing it was unlikely. “I’m not ready to go.” He told her quietly

She frowned and watched him come back in with an ice pack pressed to his forehead, frowning at him while they got him into the chair. “You’re going home tonight. That’s an order.” She told him seriously.

Max shook her head some "No they're still waiting on the test results." She said quietly giving his hand a tight squeeze "You aren't going to go baby, we're going to get you through this okay?"

Noah sighed some and gave a small nod "Alright, I'll go." He said softly before yawning "They said day after tomorrow you can see Keaton."

He frowned and just watched her til he passed out again, his nurse popping in to make a couple checks and smiled sympathetically at the woman. “Ma’am I’m afraid the kids can’t stay the night.” She told her. “But if you like in the morning, we do have a day care spot for visitors to use.” She told her.

She smiled some and nodded slowly while Eden and nick said they’re goodbyes and headed out, “can you scoot closer?” She asked, waiting til he was next to her and she got him to lift the ice pack, grimacing a little. “That looks nasty…. I mean you do have a long way to fall when you pass out.” She teased him.

Max gave a small nod and got their things together "Thank you for your help. Do you have my contact info if you need me?" She asked softly gently shaking Rory to wake him up so they could leave.

Noah chuckled some but soon groaned "Oh don't make me laugh, that hurts my head more." He pouted before taking her hand in his "You ready to meet him soon? If we can, I want you to be the first to hold him."

She nodded. “You’re on his emergency contact list aren’t you? Perfect then yes we got it.” She told her. “If you wanna leave him a note at all we’ll make sure he gets it if he wakes up.” She told her and waited til she’d written one out before making sure she took the kids and left.

She smiled and watched him tiredly. “Does he look like anyone yet?” She asked, squeezing his fingers. “Did we go with Keaton?” She asked him

Max arrived the next morning with Iris in toe but Rory was in the day care area. It had been a rough morning already with the two if them but she hoped they'd atleast get some answers for Ricky today.

Noah nodded and smiled at her "He's going to be tall thats for sure. The nurses always say how long he is for how early he was." He explained happily "Keaton Nicholas Davis, you want to see a photo of him?" He asked while he got ready to get his phone out to show her.

She nodded and reached for it, looking over the photo and frowned. “Do they think he’s gonna be alright?” She asked him worried

He glanced over at her and frowned a little but didn’t say anything for a minute. “I don’t think you’re … in the right room.” He told her. “Waiting for…. My wife.”

Noah gave a small nod "He's a fighter, just like his momma." He said with a small smile "They said he'd one more surgery on his heart, but they're confident that he'll be okay. It's just going to take some time is all." He murmured

Max frowned deeply when she walked in and heard him say that "Huh? Ricky I am your wife?" She said quietly

She frowned but nodded slowly, swallowing back tears "It's not fair on him." She said quietly, handing his phone back and closed her eyes, "Why didn't they do something before it got to this point? How many times have we told them he's a danger?" She asked

He frowned and watched her some "No... No my wife is.... I don't know." He mumbled, "Are you?" He asked her looking confused and a little scared as his nurse was coming in to do some checks

"Oh good you're here, we tried calling a couple times this morning but it was going straight through to voicemail. Could I have a quick word outside?" She asked her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back