• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fallen Gods

Kyero

Three Thousand Club

fallen_gods_by_kumoriryuu-d8v4cyu.jpg

The RP World

The RP world is an open sandbox, meaning that there is no true beginning or end to aim for, nor is there a chronological timeline that you must strictly adhere to. Once the RP begins, you are free to take your own adventure at your own pace.

However, to that effect, there are numerous things that you will need to be aware of and information you’ll have to keep track of on your own in order to ensure that if you encounter other player characters dates and times aren’t mixed up or misconstrued and everything lines up the way it’s supposed to.

Things you’ll need to keep track of on your own:

* The date

* The time

* Your character’s current location and any locations they visit during the course of your posting

* Items your character possesses

What else does this mean? There is more than enough in this RP’s world to provide every character with the chance to shine and the chance to engage on countless quest and adventures against the unnatural and the wicked.

So what am I asking you to do? I’m asking you to play solo.

Yes, I said it. The dreaded “s” word: Solo.

Playing solo seems to be a source of both fear and disinterest in almost 95% of role-players these days for reasons which escape me. I am going to encourage everyone to face that fear and overcome their disinterest in writing for a character who is on their own and try to harness the power of being a solo role-player. Believe me, there is a tremendous amount of freedom in it which group role-playing cannot provide since you always have to wait for someone else to post and wait for details to be given during the RP’s timeline. OOC, you can chat and enjoy conversation amongst yourselves as much as you like. But seriously, I encourage you to challenge yourselves and try your hand at solo play, at least for a while, and forge your own adventure separate from the other players unless you absolutely feel that you have to team up with someone else because you can’t role-play successfully any other way.

Player Choices

The choices your character makes during the course of your adventure will affect the other characters.

Something as simple as slaying groups of monsters who are disrupting trade around just one major city on one continent could positively affect the economy of another continent where another player is, helping them buy items for lowered prices or acquiring items otherwise unavailable due to higher quantities successfully making it through the trade routes thanks to there being no monsters.

Another example of how your choices affect other players even when you don’t directly interact with them is if your character manages to destroy, or help to destroy, a group of people/monsters/spirits which have people living in fear. For instance, destroying a criminal organization which has people across multiple continents living in fear after the sun goes down or in crowded cities where pickpockets and backstabbers roam. Destroying them could make the journey through what were originally “rough” and “dangerous” areas of cities and such safer for other player characters and open up new possibilities for exploration, investigation, and interaction with the populace.

Exploration and Character Life

Exploration is going to be a HUGE part of this RP. Traveling the length and breadth of the land on foot, on horseback, or on the back of something else, you’ll constantly be moving during the course of this RP.

Why?

Purely because there is just so much that you can do!

Your character has so many options available to them that it’s going to be a struggle just to accomplish what you want versus what you need and what is forced upon you by circumstance.

Your character can live the life of a farmer or rancher. They can be a banker, a restauranteur, a librarian, a general goods salesman/woman, a trader, an innkeeper, a musician, a story teller, a thief, a mercenary, a bounty hunter, an assassin, a fence, a pickpocket, a crier (spreads rumors and such), or literally anything else that can fit in with a mideval fantasy RP world!

Theoretically there are no limits to what your character could be. Whatever you can think of that fits this kind of RP, you can do it (but for more outlandish professions, please notify me of what your character is and be sure to ask my permission as I need to keep some balance among player character strengths and weaknesses for when and if they eventually meet up).

As I said, exploration is going to be a huge part of your characters life almost regardless of what profession you initially choose for them. So get used to it!

This sounds interesting! Though, a roleplay like this would need major DM/GM guidance (map creation, city descriptions, workings of various economies, cultures, etc.). Would a character like this function in this fantasy world? I've been looking for a roleplay to implement him into.

Ire said:
This sounds interesting! Though, a roleplay like this would need major DM/GM guidance (map creation, city descriptions, workings of various economies, cultures, etc.). Would a character like this function in this fantasy world? I've been looking for a roleplay to implement him into.
Oh believe me, I have all of that (some of it still on the way though it is planned) and more for you waiting in the RP.

And yes, that character does work in this kind of RP.

So please drop by to see what's currently available to you. I have yet to finalize the listing of major cities, capitols, nations, kingdom, etc., but just about everything else you could need is present and accounted for. Obviously, since it's not finished in construction, you can expect more to show up over the next few days as I prepare to start the RP.

Oh! Oh! I can bring my very first rp character ever into this! Well, maybe, depending on the lienency (spell check, on phone) of creating a race. Definately interested!

[QUOTE="The Akolite]I'll join.

[/QUOTE]
Have we met? Your username sounds familiar for some reason.

[QUOTE="The Akolite]Yours as well, but I don't remember what from.

[/QUOTE]
Hmm... Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back