• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Erasing the World

Saul Distor

Saul looked at Innocence. He reminded him of Maya. He had the positive attitude and the smile... Except he's male. He nodded at the boys question before looking up at the older brother. He seemed like the complete opposite. Serious and quiet.

'How strange.' He thought, his expression remaining blank.

He then heard the boys next question and nodded. He had already eaten... Kind of. He was still hungry since he didn't eat much, a bite or two out of his toast was all, so joining them wouldn't be so bad, hopefully.

'Maybe I'll be able to work on my drawings.' He thought, casting a quick glance at it before looking back up.

Saul still needed to create the mechanics of it and then start coloring to get it the correct shade and shadow.

Saul shook his head quickly, regaining his train of thought and started walking in the direction that the two were walking in.

Innocence grinned when Saul had agreed to go to breakfast with them.

The boy absolutely adored meeting new people and making new friends, but Oliver always intimidated the one's he got.

Innocence grasped his brothers hand in his left and Saul's in his right. "Let's go~" The child nearly sang out.

Oliver sighed, "I swear you were passed out on my shoulder like two seconds ago."

Innocence flashed a smile towards his brother and Oliver groaned, keeping up with the quick little past that his baby brother had persisted.

"So.. Saul." Innocence spoke. "How is your day going?" Attempting to create small talk was Innocences specialty.

(Sorry for not replying @StoneyJr . I fell asleep.)

Vince pulled on the chains again hearing a crack as he felt his hand break free (and break from the force of him pulling). Someone walked in and this surprised him, people never showed up.

"Hello" they said, making him look up at them again. "Do you need some help in here?"

Vince pointed to the key on the table as he tried to stand upright. The chains were weighing him down and now he had an extra problem. "I need you to take me to wherever the medicine is, and where the scientists put their things." Vince said, pained breaths falling from his mouth. He finally had someone to help him, he could get out of here.

@StoneyJr

(Short post but I'm busy, sorry.)

Saul Distor

Saul jumped slightly when he felt Innocence's hand on his. He didn't expect his to hold his hand so it freaked him out a bit. But he said nothing and let Innocnce drag him down the hall.

'At least he knows where he's going.' Saul thought, looking behind him and trying to force himself to take a mental picture of it, 'Al the halls look the same. How do they know which one they're going down?' He continued to be bewildered as they approached the breakfast area.

Since he was caught up in his thoughts as usual, he almost didn't catch onto his question.

"Oh... Good. You?" Saul said, before glancing at Oliver and saying, "Both of you."

Olivia didn't have a chance to answer before Saul started walking away.

"Well..bye then?" She spoke to herself, then chuckled a little.

She didn't hold it against him. Saul often drifted like that, so it was nothing new to her. Turning around, she continued to walk the way she was before, heading back to her room.

It didn't take Olivia an overly large amount of time to find where she came from, and twisted the handle of her room, pushing the door open with a smile.

"Jared?" She called out quietly, "Huh...he must've gone back already.." She spoke to herself again when she didn't hear a reply.

But whatever, this was a good time for her to get dressed anyway. And so she did, pulling out some jeans and a grey vest, finally sliding on her favourite black jacket again. She looked around, then grabbed up her headphones and walked over to her bed, sliding out two boxes from underneath.

"Hey there beautiful." She giggled, opening one of the lids and lifting out a rather sizeable revolver, proceeding to lift open the other boxes lid, revealing an abundance of bullets.

She loaded up her revolver with some pellets, then two holders with some more pellets, two more holders with shock bullets, then finally, she loaded up five holders with normal bullets.

Olivia much preferred to use her non lethal pellets and shock bullets, but knew that this place and it's inhabitants were unpredictable at times. But hey, at least she was allowed her weapons. Unlike alot of others, she was trusted not to go ballistic, just like Jared was.

She slipped the holders into a pack hanging off the side of her waist, attached to her belt, then slid the revolver into it's holster against her other side.

Jared looked on with slight surprise at the guy in front of him, then to the side where he'd pointed at the keys. He walked over and grabbed up the keys, then straight over to unlock the chains holding this guy down.

"Come on," Jared huffed slightly, helping him to his feet, "I have you now. Let's get you some help."

Jared made sure the hallways were clear, before walking him out, and down to where the nearest medical room was, making sure to avoid corridors that had camera's in their corners. He didn't want to be seen helping someone he wasn't supposed to, wary that some of his privileges might be taken from him.

"Who are you, exactly? And why were you chained up? I would much prefer not to regret my decision to help you." He spoke with a cold tone, very unsure of whoever this was.

@TheCrookedEagle

"Uhh" Iro said standing up still feeling awful as he held his bleeding arm. Maybe I can find someone to help Iro thought to himself before sending whoever he could reach a message for help. He reached someone or at least he hoped he did, someone besides a scientist. He looked for a second before drifting back into unconiousness.

"I'm Vince, and I was chained up because I killed someone who shoved a needle in my arm." Vince replied, holding his hand as he followed behind Jared. "Hey have you seen any scientists with a revolver? They stole it from me and I'm gonna need it if we're gonna get out of here."

He took a look behind him, making sure there was no-one else around as they continued through wherever they were. "Also, where are we, and what's your name?" Vince stumbled a bit, as he seemed to fall over his own shoes. He wondered for a minute, unsure if this person was actually helping him.

@StoneyJr

Skylar turned the corner while following her laptop's directions to the person who had the in need of repair nanobots, "Lets look up who it is exactly..." she thought to herself out loud, curious on who's nanobots were not functioning correctly. She quickly typed away while continuing to walk down the hallway, not watching where she was going.

Innocence released his grip from the two's hands when they had entered the cafateria corridor. The smaller brother quickly perched himself at an empty table and pulled Saul into an empty chair besides himself.Innocence pulled one of his legs to his chest; he smiled as he wrapped his arms around the leg and rested his head against his knee.

"Oh, my day just started." Innocence sqeauked."But, it's been calm."

Oliver stared at the pair, only nodding in responce to the question he had been asked.

Oliver, then, ran a hand through his kid brothers hair to gain his attention. "The usual?" He asked, symbolizing to food.

Innocence nodded, smiling. "Yes! Saul do you want something?"

Oliver blankly stared at the kid.

@Princess Ktyria

Last edited by a moderator:
Sith wandered back into the breakfast area, claiming his seat he had left a little while earlier to learn of the trouble in the others. That being said, he didn't learn a single thing which he thought was a bit comical, but ended up slightly better having what can only be described by him as an ally. He wondered why he came back though, its not like he can eat, nor is it a relaxing room. Was it habit or was it the whole obedience kicking in?

He rested his arms across the table, leaving more scratches and dinks in it over the past lifetime. Actual messages were left childishly into the side of the table; probably before he lost the will to do so. He only recognized the existence of it because of the lately examining of his surroundings. He realized this place sure has a lot of things he really doesn't know about that he wants to, even himself.

((Heyy, sorry for the late reply! I have no idea where to start, because I'm sure as hell not gonna read all those replies, but I'll just pop my charry in somewhere I guess. Hopefully it'll work out ^.^))

It was early for Maverick. He woke up in a tangle of scratchy bed sheets, his hair certainly not agreeing with him that morning, and his plain white sleeping tee-shirt somewhere on the floor. The blue light of a digital clock was showing a time... 9:00? 11:00? He couldn't tell. All he knew was that it was before 1:30 which was his usual wakey time. His eyes were clouded and he couldn't see a thing. Grabbing his glasses from the rickety night stand beside his lumpy bed, Maverick slowly stood up and scratched his head, placing his ugly square pair of specs on his face. A sudden surge of hunger quaked through his body, and he remembered that he had always gotten up at around afternoon, never in time for breakfast.

"I suppose there's a first time for everything." Maverick grumbled as he pushed out in to the corridor with nothing on other than his purple boxers and his glasses.

He made his way to the cafeteria where there was a plethora of other prisoners gathered at tables, chatting to each other. He noticed a similar 'on edge' vibe coming from everybody in the room, including himself. Maverick made his way to the drinks and opened up a pouch that housed a single tea bag-- rooibos tea. He had never been much of a coffee drinker.

"Is there seriously nothing to spike this with?" Maverick questioned out loud, referring to the lack of alcoholic beverages, which there have never been any of in the vicinity anyway. It was his way of making the place seem less dry and more bearable, joking like that. He had never been downer. Grabbing the hot water, he poured it in to his mug, glancing down at the scars that were all over his chest and tummy. He never felt self-contious of them, because he knew probably every other person in that room had similar ones. There were multiple on his back, too, one specifically long one running down the length of his spine. Maverick began to pile sugar packet on sugar packet in to the mug, making a grainy mess all over the counter.

"Oopsie," Maverick whispered as he stirred up the contents, leaving the packets sprawled all over the counter.​

Jared ignored Vince's question and stopped walking, tilting his head down at him.

"What do you mean 'get out of here'?" Jared squinted his eyes a little and frowning, slightly confused as to why he'd want to leave.

After he considered it, Jared thought it was understandable that some would want to leave, considering how some were treated.

He shook his head and tried to smile a little, "Look, I'll get you as far as the medicine room, but I can't help you escape. I don't want to escape. And even if I did, I refuse to leave Olivia alone here. I'm sorry."

He took up a slow pace once more, making sure he was out of sight of any camera's completely now.

"The name is Jared, by the way." He whispered slightly as he spoke this time, not looking back, just walking down the hallway.

Olivia waltzed out of her room, feeling alot more confident with her weapon now. She'd also picked up Jared's maces and gauntlets, assuming they'd be going to train later on.

She walked down the corridors, looking for her brother. She attempted to use her power to sense him. And getting a general idea of his whereabouts, she headed around a corner after him.

It didn't take her long to find him, turning the corner to see him...but who was he with?

"Hey, Jared? Uh...who's that?" She asked, smile faded slightly.

"Sh!" Jared hissed, "Get against the wall, make sure there's no camera's."

Without thinking, she obeyed her brother, backing up against the wall, her gaze darting up to the corners or the ceiling.

"Clear." She spoke in a very serious tone, "Jared, take these."

She handed Jared his equipment, and peaked around the corner, checking the area for anymore camera's.

Jared didn't waste any time slipping on his gauntlets, and sliding each mace into a pocket of his hoodie, ready for a fight just in case.

"The hell have I gotten myself into.." He whispered to himself.

@TheCrookedEagle

"I refuse to leave Olivia alone here."

Vince looked up at the boy slyly.

"Who's Olivia, your girlfriend?" He asked, taking a look around.

"The name is Jared, by the way."

Vince only just heard this as he looked through a door window. "Hey, look in there!" He said quietly. "Dude, that's my gun!" He said even quieter. As he heard someone behind them.

"Hey Jared? Uh...who's that?"

This must have been Olivia, but she didn't sound like a girlfriend. Vince ignored their conversation, making sure no one else was in sight before picking the lock. He looked up at the camera above him, and grumbled to himself for a minute. He lifted himself up before ripping the camera out of it's socket. He quickly grabbed his revolver, his ammo, and what seemed like a bandage before closing the door behind them. "We need to get out of here, now." Vince said, attempting to reload his revolver one handed. He eventually succeeded, before he looked at them again. "I need you to help me get the others out, you don't deserve to be left here. What if they decide you were just as bad as me? Then what?"

@StoneyJr

PROGRESS POST

"We still have to test them," one of the male scientists muttered, chewing lazily on a pick. "I can't believe the Head held it off to let them wander. Why do we have to gather here anyway?"

"Shut it before the Head hears you," a woman hissed, walking about the room, carrying some kind of portable chart. "He must have a reason to let them do this."

"Of course," came a gruff voice, and the large group of scientists gathered in the same room stiffened and turned their heads, bowing them as a sign of respect at the same time. "Raise your heads...good. Since there's rumors flying, I'll let you all in on what I'm planning to do."

"Sir, I think it's risky to let them wander," a young man said. "Some of them are somewhat...unstable--they may bring harm to others."

The Head lifted his hand, silencing the one in a lower position. "This is necessary to get them prepared for battle."

"What...?" The entire group seemed confused, but once the words settled in, their faces changed into that of shock.

"Yes, I am sending them out," The Head confirmed. "But before that, we must give them rigorous training. I will assign each subject to a scientist. You are to train them to the best of their ability. Of course they had their own years of training, but for this week, you will need them in top shape."

"Sir, is there a program we should follow?" asked another scientist.

"Yes, I will hand it to you later today, after you test them. For now, let them have their fun before we take them away. After all, they won't be able to sit and chat anymore. But I would like to get started as soon as possible--there is no time to waste. That is all." Afterwards, the Head moved from the room and into the hallway.

"What--putting them for battle?" gasped a one of the scientists. "Already? They might not be ready! A lot of them aren't!"

"I know, but that's what the Head said...I bet things must be getting pretty bad up there."

"It's finally time to show the fruit of our research, huh?"

"Anyway, how do you think we should keep them in shape? One of them refuses to eat!"

"Force it--we can't let one subject lead to the demise of all. They work together on the front lines."

"I don't know--there are a couple that don't click very well."

"Silence!" The lead scientist glared down at the others. "For now, we take every subject to the examination rooms--we need to catch up on their ratings and status anyhow. Work with your current subject until the Head says otherwise. Make sure to check every detail. Make sure they don't have a limp, a sore foot, anything. We need them in top shape before they go to battle. We have a week."

With that, the loud speakers were turned on.

"All subjects...please return to your rooms," a scientist announced through the microphone."

One by one, scientists began to file out of the room, a slightly nervous look on their faces. But no matter what they had to get their job done.

They were going out to war.

[i'm finally free!! Uh, somewhat, but sorry for leaving so suddenly? It looks like the RP is about to die, so let's try to breathe life into it again~!]

Skylar grumbled in protest but did as she was told, leaving her quest and returning to her room. She turned off her laptop and put it in her bag to charge before turning on her computer scree, it flashing to life. "...Alright, let's see what you guys are up to. You don't normally do this unless something is about to happen..." she quietly stated to herself while typing away, taking a sip of her delicious coffee.

Alex simply followed his orders and returned to his room, awaiting for what was to come. A test perhaps? He didn't know what was going to happen, but he felt something was going to happen; something exciting...

Jared was about to speak up when an announcement was made throughout the facility.

"All subjects...Please return to your rooms."

Olivia looked over to her brother and the new guy he'd picked up with a slightly worried expression,

"Come on..we have to go." She spoke softly, almost sadly.

Jared turned to Vince and looked him in the eyes for a few seconds, then sighed,

"Look Vince, if you wanna leave, go for it. But we're not coming with you. Got it?" And without even waiting for an answer, he turned around and started walking off, "Come on then." He smiled over to Olivia, taking hold of her wrist and walking her to their room.

"Was he really trying to escape?" Olivia asked, still a little stunned, "Why would he want to leave this place?"

"I don't know, Livvie," He looked down and smiled at her, "Just have to hope he'll come to his senses and not try to hurt anyone."

@TheCrookedEagle

With the announcement that made Sith stop in place to listen to thr group that gave him his orders, he instantly turned from where he was walking and started to head back towards his room. He wondered what kind of reason they had for interupting the one day he had to himself considering it was seemingly getting him better with making friends. He passed room by room again, still trying to find some stimulus in the blank halls now, rather than making a map in his mind of the entire building. He hit his door, not literally of course, and went inside with a long breath and sigh, the vents working harder than anywhere else with the steam thats breathed out as always. He looked around the room for once, and regret it as he paid too much attention to the work table and thought of what went on there.

Vince caught up to Jared and Olivia before pointing his revolver at them. He wanted to say something, make him turn around and help him, but he put his revolver in his pocket and turned back. He ripped his necklace off and rubbed his eyes as his vision shortened, it was better than feeling like he lost his hand. He walked to what looked like an exit before looking around. It wasn't this easy, was it? He turned back, and ran back to Jared and Olivia as they continued to their room. "Okay, you two, I need you to let me hide in your room." He said, making sure no-one was nearby as he pulled his revolver out. He was making a bad choice here, but he needed to wait for a scientist.

(Confused myself writing this, dunno how.)

@StoneyJr

Last edited by a moderator:
(Oh god, RPN stopped giving me notifications so I just assumed nobody had posted. Shit. My bad c- :)

When the announcement came over the PA, Alice had already made it back to her room. She wasn't sad to go back, because in her room she could be left alone with her thoughts. Aside from the occasional scientist, her room was a safe place. Comfortable. Alice reclined on her bed, gazing at the monitor simulating her preference of scenery. It had been a forest clearing earlier, but with the way her clothes were making her sweat it seemed more appropriate for her to be on the peak of a mountain.

This was her favorite scene, not for the sweeping pine vistas or occasional passing bird but the village that rested at the base of the mountain. She had committed hours of her life to watching the tiny denizens go about their days. She knew their patterns, when the children would play and the men would leave the village wrapped in thick fur coats and netting for catching the fish that must swim in some nearby river. The video never changed, but Alice noticed something new every time.

The telekinetic sighed to herself as a young woman embraced her husband, his bags full of fish, and pushed his beard aside to kiss him.

What she would give to be there. Anywhere but here.

Skylar continued to type away at her desktop, trying to figure out what exactly was about to happen to them; the tech girl did not like not knowing anything, it irked her big time to not know; one of her many traits that usually turned people away from trying to conversation with her. This continued on until she heard knocking at the door and paused, "Come in" she stated with a curious voice, wondering who was coming to see her.

Dr. Morgan, one of the scientists tasked with looking after some of the subjects and collecting data, walked into the room once the door opened.
"Hello Skylar" she smiled a bit in greeting at the girl, the one she was assigned to; even though she was suppose to just collect data, Morgan, or Crystal as she is called, thought them to be more like siblings then experiments.

Skylar was surprised by Crystal's visit, and quite pleased with it as well. Giving a small smile in return, she got up from her computer and went to give her a hug, something Crystal had taught her about just recently.
"Hi Crystal, what are you doing here?" the tech girl asked in response, wondering what Crystal would be doing here; it wasn't her normal time for a visit.

"Well, I brought you something I made for ya" the female doctor chuckled in response before producing a flash drive from her pocket and handing it to her.

Skylar took it out of her hand respectfully, staring at it with wide eyes,
"What is on it?" Skylar asked curiously in response, receiving a smile from Dr. Crystal. "It contains a table with info on some other subjects and personalities I thought you would be able to at least talk to, maybe even make friends with" the brown haired doctor stated with a hopeful smile.

Skylar looked at it for a few moments before going back to her computer and plugging it in, the table came up as promised and she nodded in approval before turning back to Crystal.
"Alright, I'll give it a try. Although I'm not sure any one of them would be interested in conversating with me" she replied in a defeat manner. Crystal sighed a bit before leaving for the door, "Don't talk that way, I'm sure they will. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go check up on a few of the others. Make sure to get some sleep soon though" Crystal replied with a small smile before existing the girls room, she knowing of the girls habit of not sleeping for days on end.

"But I'm not tired" Sky pouted before taking a sip of her coffee and turning back to the table of information, carefully studying it to the best of her abilities. I hope crystal is right about the friends part, the tech girl thought to herself before finishing up the coffee. She stood up and went to pour herself another cup, taking another sip, and returning to her desktop, before opening her fully charged laptop to the nanobots program and placing the curser over the Activate link button. After a few moments of hesitation she finally steeled herself and clicked it, activating the link portion of the nanobots. Hopefully with this she would be able to have a communication link with the rest of the subjects.

Lets give it a try, now is the best time to try it out before the battlefield she thought to herself before activating her nanobots. Hello...Hello? Anyone read me? she mentally asked the rest of the patients, if every thing went according to plan, which they should due to her being a tech genius, any and all test subjects should be able to mentally hear her.

@Anyone and Everyone who is a test subject.

((I was gonna wait a bit before replying but geez time to use some defibrillators and get this thing going again))

Sith was waiting in his room, laying on his worktable as if he was about to get a routine checkup, before sitting up and looking around, quickly scanning the room as if to find somone that was there that he had lost. After a minute of examing the ins and outs of the room from his sitting position on the table in the empty room, not exactly anywhere to hide, he let out a long smokey breath.

"Skylar?"

Despite hearing it more so mentally, it was loud and clear enough he thought he heard it in person, and spoke out in person and in mind. He was sure he heard her and not anyone else; unless she happened to somehow get on the announcements but he quickly denounced that as unlikely. He heard others pass outside the door and kept quiet before talking outloud again.

"Am I having technical issues?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back