Dust to Dust

My favorite superhero is definitely Doctor Strange (YEAH!!!), followed by Dead Pool (SUPER BADASS), and then Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!!).

If you were to make them a team, they would completely destroy evil. Because they're awesome.

Alright. Firstly, I do not approve of your rather generic hero choices. Secondly, let's stop talking about such things in the thread. We're clogging it up a lot.

Just to run this by you guys ([MENTION=4077]Luka[/MENTION] [MENTION=3672]Ixidor92[/MENTION]) the game is going to start in a ruined city, where we are looking for supplies. Based on our back stories, it would make logical sense for Luka and myself to already be adventuring with each other. I because of my character's weakness, and because Luka isn't insane.

Ixidor92, I'm going to give you a choice. I actually don't see why you would join the party as your character is kind of an insane, rather primal character, so I will let you decide whether or not you're apart of the party already. Also, I really need you to give me a solid reason why ​you are apart of the party. Thanks.

He would not be part of the party to start with. Not in my mind anyway. As to why he would join . . . I'll get back to you on that. Maybe he finds a connection with one of them or something.

Before I start up the role-play thread, [MENTION=3672]Ixidor92[/MENTION], pm me the reason(s) why you join the party.

Also, do you guys think that we should wait for one more, or start it up with just us three?

Hm... Well more would be better BUT if you start it now everyone can see it and maybe want to join.

Good point. However, I still need that detail about Ixidor92's character.

*cough cough*

[MENTION=3672]Ixidor92[/MENTION]

Alright, [MENTION=3672]Ixidor92[/MENTION] sent the reason via private message.

The thread shall begin shortly, I assure you. [MENTION=4077]Luka[/MENTION], the thread will begin with you and I hunting for supplies such as food, water, shelter for the night. Ixidor92 will hopefully be coming in soon afterwards.

Haha, you found me out Robin. I am very interested in fact, but I'm just a little worried about commitment. College has a way of taking away all of my free time lol Also I'm a tad bit scared since I am new here, but if you're ok with me not being here during exam times then I would love to give this a shot!

Sure, that's fine. How about we work on your character now, and implement him/her into the story once you find the time? That way you can be apart of the story when you have the time, without being out of the loop. Sound good?

Name: Etheridge "Ether" Tandir

Class: Two Handed Warrior

Strengths: Ether was never one for brute force. Don't let her age fool you; she is as agile as a bird, with balance to match. She is quick on her feet, and is even capable of using a bow, or two weapons at once, which is usual in her case. Due to the pact she made, she is capable of using dark magic, which after a few years she finally learned that she had it, although, it makes her lose energy, causing her to get exhausted or weak very quickly.

Weaknesses: Ether isn't the strongest of women. Although she's quick, she can't go head to head with brute force. She also does not fear dying, and that pushes her to take risks that a more reasonable woman would not. She walks on the edge entirely too often. Lastly, the pact she has made gives her weird effects on her health especially. She gets exhausted or weak too easily, and can often times hear the "evil words" whispering to her, which causes her to get angry, confused or discouraged sometimes. She does her best to ignore though.

Personality:

Ether is an enigma. She is quiet, calm, reserved, and when she does speak, it can be sharp and condescending. She seems like a cynical woman, and in many ways, she is. She has all but given up hope on mankind, but deep down, she truly does care. All of her efforts are towards a greater good. She once sought to end the bad, and now, ironically, she seeks to save the world from the very things that ruined everything. Ether is a good woman, once you get past the cold exterior and cynicism. She is honest, loyal, and courageous, ready to lay down her life to protect those close to her. Although she has reason to hate most things, she does not hold on to grudges and does not blame all the actions of the few. In addition, Ether is honorable, following through on her part of any deal she makes, and she expects others to do her the same courtesy. When that is not the case, she will pursue until she makes it so. She does have a sense of humor, though she does not often allow it to show. If you can get her to smirk, then she finds either you or your joke to be funny. Whether or not that is a good thing is to be determined on your part.

History:

Years, Lethan Tandir and Arinel Tandir, two commoners, gave birth to their first child, a girl they named Etheridge, after her great grandmother. Naturally, Ether does not remember the early years, but her first memory came when she was a wee youngin', five at most, when her parents gave birth to her sister, Telessia. These childhood years were spent in a typical fashion; playing in the forest, learning the bow, and later the sword, and being taught how to survive in the world and the difference between right and wrong. Etheridge's family traveled often, and never stayed in one place for too long. During one of the summers, Ether and her family were on the road once more, when they encountered a group of demons, created by the wrath of Anastasia. Ether and her father drew their weapons, but the demons outnumbered them seven to one. They fought well, but when Ether saw her father fall after sustaining an injury himself, she realized she could not win, and fled with her mother and sister.

Ether and her mother were wounded badly, though her sister was only scratched and bruised. The three of them stumbled through the forest, and into a cave. Still fearful that the demons were chasing them, they ran deeper into the cave, until Ether and her mother could go no further. It was all she could manage to start a fire, and when the light illuminated the cavern, the trio was stunned. The corpse of a demon, or at least what she thought, began to stir from it's slumber. It rose, the tallest ends of it's wings too high to see in the dark, and Ether realized what it was. She had heard legends of demons in her childhood. Evil and rotten creatures, those who despised light and day just like Anastasia herself. Death at the hands of the demons before now seemed a much better option.

The demon glared at the trio, and spoke. Although it's mouth did not move, the words made the cavern tremble. "I am Selendis, who I serve is known to many. Your fumbling and fire has disturbed me." With that, Selendis flipped his claw, and the fire died. Almost instantly, the cavern was illuminated by an eerie red glow that seemed to emanate from everywhere at once. He refocused his gaze on them, and Ether, now out of her stupor, remembered the one thing that could save them. "Make a pact!" she shouted, "With my mother. Save her life!" Selendis growled low, then grinned widely, nodding. "So be it."

Ether looked at her mother, and she only nodded. It was the only thing that could work. Ether turned and faced the demon, accepting the deal that was placed out. Before her eyes, her wounds healed and she was back from the brink of death. Although, her right eye turned red, and rests an eerie symbol in the middle of it, thus being the sign of her pact, and the dangers of the future to come. ( Hence why she covers it with her hair for safety measures. ) Whether she die young, or turn evil, you may never know, demons aren't truthful creatures. That wasn't the only thing. At that very moment, Ether's mother and sister slumped over immediately afterwards, dead. In a fit of rage, Etheridge slayed the demon and survived from the unknown there on out. Alone.

• ( I'm a bit iffy on this form myself, so if you want me to change anything, please let me know. )

(Now this should be acceptable. I think.)

Name - Licht Fluer Noire

Age - 28

Class - Doomcryer

Gender - Female

Strengths - Licht specializes in dark magic and she can see and smell in the dark.

Weaknesses - Having lost her family at a young age, Licht has hallucinations about her parents. Licht also seeks the love of others. She is terrified of Anastasia.

Appearance -

View attachment 10578

Personality - Licht is whimsical and child-like. Licht is often smiling and acting polite, even when threating to kill the person. She does have some sadistic tendencies.

History - Five years after Licht's birth, she and her family was attacked a necromancer, her mother had the life sucked out of her and his father was killed by skeletons. As for Licht, the necromancer spared he since while he found her hiding under a bed, he felt he had enough by killing her parents. She spent three weeks at the ruined house grieving her unexpected loss and trying to keep herself alive. Then one day, a little rabbit hopped into her hands. She began to smile until a figure appeared in front of her that made her skin crawl. It was the great Necromancer Anastasia. She began running for dear life, but Anastasia grabbed her hand as if she was not going to kill her. She decided to stay with her for a while and teach Licht dark magic in exchange for aiding her plunge the world into darkness. She now lives as Anastasia's pawn, living simply to send the world into an ceaseless darkness.

[MENTION=3348]Liztopher[/MENTION], I really like your character. If you can constantly implement your weaknesses and use them as an asset in your role-playing, I think that your character works well. However, keep in mind that demon's aren't cut and paste opponents. They're all different, all large and powerful, and all very difficult to defeat. Simply one would give anyone trouble, and any more would more than likely result in death against anywhere from two to ten people. Demons are all different, and all should not be messed with.

[MENTION=3293]The BetterKuja[/MENTION], You really missed the mark with this character. Your history is rather small, and "Demoths" don't exist. I think that it's rather clear what characters can and cannot do from the history, and I never implemented such a creature. I like the weaknesses that you laid out, but "blood lust" is not a weakness. I would recommend trying to look over your history and strengths, and trying to change them to match the history of the game.

1) Necromancy in this game is the manipulation and presentation of darkness and shadows. That means that you can darken an area, changing the lighting from bright, to dark. After spending enough time to substantially fill the area with darkness, you can then manipulate the power to attack your opponents through deceit and blinding shadows. That is the power of necromancy. Anastasia has gained the ability to summon demons through the power of the Dragons, and centuries of study and practice.

2) I really like the thought that Anastasia was your mentor at some point. However, you still cannot learn the ability to summon anything outside of looming shadows. Demons summoning is a completely different kind of magic which only Anastasia has yet to master.

3) Note: Anastasia was insane. If she was going to teach you, she would have taken you as a tool, if nothing else. A servant to assist her in combat. She literally went insane; her entire plan is to completely block out the sun. Yeah...

[MENTION=1758]RobinDenstro[/MENTION] Just to warn you... When I really like an RP I will post as soon as I get the chance. So if I start to over post just tell me xD

[MENTION=4181]DozenRoses[/MENTION], alright. Feel free to spam the forum so that you can send me that private message. :bigsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back