Dust to Dust

[MENTION=4193]Venomarrah[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4181]DozenRoses[/MENTION], I'm having some second thoughts about your characters. As this role-play is about morbid insanity, dark depression, and bleak hope... having characters that are not only content with death, but enjoy it... it kind of defeats the purpose. Both of your characters are relatively emotionless in a role-play completely concerned with emotion. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

Hey, Robin, can I get in on this role-play? I realize that it's closed, but I feel like I could fall into place rather well. Please?

Uh... *cough* I thought that I marked this role-play as closed. I'm sorry, but I can't throw you into the role-play. That would simply be unfair to my other players.

I agree with Venomarrah. I don't think that either of our characters are emotionless. An emotionless character is one that is a blank slate; they can have no passion or motivation because they lack feeling. Just because a character accepts the idea of death and even enjoys the death of others does not mean that they are a blank, emotionless shell. For example, a trained killer might not fear death because overconfidence has made them think they can't be killed, but when finally pushed within an edge of their life, that conceit could falter and lead to fear. It may take more to draw out displays of emotion from such characters, but they are in no way incapable of it.

Furthermore, these sorts of characters do not inherently detract from the sense of "depression and bleak hope" that you mentioned. You can't have light without dark, and in the same way, emotionally hardened characters that have been desensitized to the cruelty of the world provide a contrast in which to better appreciate the small hope that yet remains. When a noble hopeful sees the poor state of the world reflected in another person, it reminds them that they have not yet reached that point and that they still have a chance.

Thank you [MENTION=4181]DozenRoses[/MENTION]. There's more to them than being 'the bad guys'. They are characters with a rich past to work with, for better or for worse. Though I agree, the worse is not much of a choice for the best story line. I can say as to Eveline, she is a comic relief most of the time. She does not spring laughter, but makes you think on alighter note. maybe makes you slip a smile. She is a character of change, from broken to new in the span of these events.

[MENTION=4193]Venomarrah[/MENTION], A comic relief?! *sigh* Fine, you can keep the characters how you want them. Just keep in mind the thick depressive atmosphere, okay? Don't stray from the mood of the game simply because you want to make a joke or show that your character is prideful or witty. This role-play was completely made to be saddening and emotional. Do not avoid that fact.

I'd hope you'd believe I'd take this rp seriously.

"Comic relief usually means a releasing of emotional or other tension resulting from a comic episode interposed in the midst of serious or tragic elements in a drama. Comic relief often takes the form of a bumbling, wisecracking sidekick of the hero or villain in a work of fiction." -wiki.

She relieves tension, yet also creates more from her personality. She does not, nor will, crack jokes. She is a sarcastic, self centered assassin who is put into the position of helping others for her later on gain. She is as serious a character as the next. Now, I do not see you misinterpreting or judging anyone else a highly as you do I, maybe it's because we conversate further outside of the Rp, but frankly it's quite frustrating. I say one thing, and you decide to pick at something of which I say to make me look a fool. I love the story, the characters, the people playing within it, and you, yourself for your creativity and way of thought. But it seems I can't speak without you replying with an eye roll, or comment of the obvious that is plainly known yet not stated by myself. I believe others would agree.

Basically, all I'm asking is for you to be a little nicer, and treat everyone like they hav a basic education, please.

Alright, I can appreciate your thinking on that. I will try to ease up a bit. I have simply seen a lot of childish or self-centered people on this website, and I would like to keep this role-play focused on emotion and depression rather than my-character-is-cooler-than-yours thoughts and design. Okay? That's all I ask.

Feel free to do as you will. Though I will say nothing of character creation for now on, I might say something here and there about lack of focus or anything of the like. Nothing more.

I understand your annoyance, as I have seen it too. But there are also great writers here, who are very, very smart and fair. I do appreciate your comments when the tone is helping, or comments and suggestions. Thank you for understanding.

[MENTION=1758]RobinDenstro[/MENTION] tomorrow morning I'll be leaving and will be gone for four days, and will be unable to reply unless my hotel has wifi. Just wanted to let you know before I left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back