• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom |D R A G O N B O R N| {A Skyrim Lit+ Roleplay}

Buhzookalee

skyrim_faenza_icon_by_nosferatu_arucard-d5u6yta.png
| D R A G O N B O R N |
skyrim_faenza_icon_by_nosferatu_arucard-d5u6yta.png

{A SKYRIM LIT+ ROLEPLAY}

The-Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Banner.jpg

{P L O T}

Alduin, the World-Eater, has been defeated by the legendary Dragonborn, leaving Skyrim out of total destruction, but still overrun with Draugr, Dragons, Vampires and every other malicious creature upon Tamriel's surface. Dungeons are still laying unopened, and earth untouched by any explorer, and the underworld of the Dwarves lying still and dead-like. Now months after the epic battle, have more dragonborn appeared? Has a new mysterious force risen up to completely wipe out those who can harness the thu'um?

{R U L E S}

Please read through rules before posting. Use the OOC forum for discussion, questions etc. Post your character to the character creation thread and I will approve you through PM. A general map of Skyrim is on the Maps Page.

{FORUM POSTING}

When posting, please post more than 2 sentences. A paragraph is preferrable because this is supposed to be an indepth roleplay, but I do realize that sometimes not much can be put when waiting for character interactions. Also, each post can have more than one character's reply, but please make sure that you include in some sort of form the character's name, age, species, location, and (optional) mood.

banner icons copyright-http://messinmotion.deviantart.com/

banner image copyright-
http://strategy-game-guides.com/

SkyrimMap.jpg

{R U L E S}

• Please follow all moderator and forum rules.
  • Characters may be NPCs in the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim game, but must stick to the characters personality and physical appearance.
  • Do not roleplay as more than one NPC if you want to play an already made character, but you may play as many original characters as you want.
  • Please do not date your own characters, it makes the story between them predictable to atleast one person.
  • All armor sets and weapons, clothing, and thu'ums (dragon shouts) must be from the Elder Scrolls V or from any add-ons associated with it.
  • Please be courteous to other players.
  • All off-topic comments should be in either (),[],or {}.
  • This is not a cross-over RP, so keep strictly to Elder Scrolls lore, history, and facts.
  • This is a mature role-play so there will be swearing, violence, romance, etc.
  • Please add your character information to the forum so I can approve and add you to the character list. I will PM you when approved, that way I don't spam the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
{{I want to welcome everyone to the Dragonborn roleplay! I'm very excited and eager to start, we have some really awesome characters and LET''S BEGIN!!}}

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-None Equipped
  • Armor-None Equipped

Blue dress, leather corset,

amulet of Mara

• Mood-Exhausted
  • Location-The Bee and

Barb, Riften

Minau stared down into her glass of wine lazily, relaxing after a day of harvesting dragon bones and scales. Her muscles ached and her head hurt, but the scorch marks on her left side were feeling slightly better, and she wasn't sure if it was from the potion she had brewed or if it was her fourth glass of wine. To Minau, it had all been worth it. She had just finished mastering daedric armor smithing and was just starting to learn how to mold dragon bone and scales into armor. She dreamed of crafting her own set one day.

Keerava, the light-scaled, Argonian innkeeper of the Bee and Barb in Riften, swayed over with the dwindling bottle of Surilie Brother's wine. In a low raspy voice, she asked the weary Khajiit, "Can I get you more wine? Perhaps have something brought to your room?" Minau looked up at the wide, reptilian smile in front of her and said, "I'll finish the bottle for you. That should be good." The bottle tilted and tilted over her glass until no more wine was produced from it's lips and Minau sniffed the wine's sickeningly sweet aroma. She took a big swig, thinking to herself that Black Briar would never be able to produce something to her liking. She left the mead, ale, rum, brandy, etc. for when she wanted to get roaring drunk.

As of late, Minau had been wanting to get drunk more and more. She felt alone in the world. The only person she had was her black draft horse stallion, Mighty Hisirafa, and there are just some things a horse cannot provide as far as companionship goes.

Minau looked down at her amulet of Mara and fingered it longingly, noticing that her claws were chipped and ragged. Her mother, Shinra'ja, would've been furious with her. She could see the dark-furred feline now, standing over her growling, "Shinra'ja taught her daughter better! Any Khajiiti woman skilled in the ways of Goutfang, Whispering Fang and Rawlith Khaj, knows her claws are a precious weapons. Shinra'ja is ashamed!"

Suddenly, Minau caught the conversation of two off-duty guardsmen behind her and slowly turned her long tufted ears to listen to them speak. One leaned to his comrade and said, "I hear that dragonborn are being killed across Skyrim. Three months ago there was a murder of one in Solitude, and then Winterhold, and just last month there was another in Falkreath. Some say the dragon priests are exacting revenge for Alduin's death." His buddy started mumbling it was nonsense, but Minau knew to never trust coincidences.

She had hoped for a long night's rest, but something gnawed at her, telling her she wasn't going to get what she wanted.

. : Fora-wha : .

• Argonian-Female-20

• Weapon- The Bow on her back

• Armor- Leather armor covered with a slit robe for maneuvering.

• Mood- Alert

• Location- The Dwemer ruin of Kagrenzel

Darkness pervaded the air all around Fora-wha. She sat and meditated by the fire that was tended by a fellow tribeswoman named Kargah. The other tribeswoman, Seebum-Nah was standing near the doorway, keeping watch as to make sure nothing could come and harm the priestess.Kargah spoke up to Fora-wha, "What are you looking for, Milady? Anything in particular?" Fora-Wha opened one of the slits that surrounded her eyes and looked to Kargah, who was now making food for the small group. "I'm looking for a hist tree." Kargah looked at her with a very confused look. Even Seebum-Nah overheard, moving from her defensive stance to pay attention to Fora-wha.

"There couldn't possibly be any Hist trees in skyrim, Milady. We haven't seen one in years.". Fora-wha stood up and stretched. "It's somewhere in skyrim and I'm going to find out where. I'm just as confused as you are as to why a hist tree is here. but I know it will help me find fellow tribesmembers. They flock to the hist like a mother."

Fora-wha looked deeper into the Dwemer ruins to see one long hallway leading down into further darkness. "Kargah, watch over camp please. I want to look further inside." Kargah had smiled and pulled out her sword to sharpen. Fora-wha walked further in, touching the walls and inspecting the simple pipes that ran throughout the ruin. Ever since she was a mage for the Telvanni Fora-wha learned many things about magic and study. She longed to search in ruins for long lost civilizations and lost artifacts. Her favorite was in-fact the dwemer ruins scattered all throughout Tamriel. The fact that the dwemer suddenly dissapeared was fascinating to her. She had solved multiple disappearances in her life and wondered about more. There was always the fascination with the question, "Where did they go?". It was always just a particular mystery.

The air seemed to catch a very strange smell as Fora-wha wandered farther in. It was almost a mix between blood and piss. She started to get worried and pulled out her bow for safety. Then, a light. It was sudden at first and then seemed to work like a construct. The light moved as if something had gotten in front of it then moved away in succession. Shadows danced on For-wha's face.

She moved forward, wondering if it was a strange object and suddenly the chamber opened into a much larger room. Scattered everywhere, were bodies of bandits. Blood covered the floor and weapons lay beside their past owners. Strangely though, it seemed as if the injuries were caused by their own weapons. The most fascinating part it seems, was the center of the room. There was a pedestal that had a spinning yellow orb on top. It was the source of the light from earlier and what was lighting up the room forward. She moved closer to the object and inspected it closely. It seemed to be of Dwemer origin and had strange magic emenating from it. She looked to her left and right, then without thought, touched the object.

Suddenly a series of metal cages formed an area around the pedestal and the floor gave away. All Fora-wha saw was darkness below the pit. Then. A splash.

||Alaric||

• Bosmer Elf- Male- 18
  • Weapon: Glass Bow, Steel Battle-Axe (just in case)
  • Guild Armor (set), Amulet of Talos, Emerald Ring of Major Archery
  • Mood- observant
  • Location- The Dwemer Ruin of Kagrenzel

The darkness was in abundance, and Alaric was sure to use that to his advantage. Each step, precise and coordinated in such a manner that could be considered graceful. Vex would scold him otherwise. The dwemer ruin was filled with traps that had been set off and the poor souls who hadn't moved out of harm's way fast enough. And, It seemed there was another victim just waiting to be claimed.

He had been shadowing the Argonian tribe, making sure not to be noticed at all costs. The stakes were high with this mission, and so was the danger. Of course, they didn't know that. But, who was he to tell them to take the peril off of his mind. He followed one particularly brave Female into the mysterious depths. She seemed to be their leader, the way she held herself and the subtle commanding tone she used to order her companions away. As they both descended into the ruin, the smell of death became thick in the air. The victims, bandits of course, had been there for days...which meant whatever killed them was still roaming about.

The Argonian woman drew her bow, and Alaric drew his as well. He was all to sure that he wasn't noticed, but he had to be sure. As in all cases of his work, failure meant imprisonment or certain death. And he was about to subject to either option.

His leader had found herself at the heart of some room, with a glowing object in its center. It was deadly. The Bosmer could tell by the movement of the mechanism, but it wasn't the lock-box. This was something greater. He watched as she placed her scaly hands on the object. Without warning, the floor beneath her collapsed into a pit, with her falling through helplessly. He smirked, smug in his knowledge that he wouldn't have fallen prey to something as meandering as touching the relic. You never touched the relic if you saw it was performing some peculiar ability. He stepped forward to see if she was dead, accidentally knocking over a bucket which echoed throughout the room.

"So much for stealth." Alaric sighed, as he took down his hood.

.: Fora-wha : .

Argonian-Female-20

Weapon- The Bow on her back

Armor- Leather armor covered with a slit robe for maneuvering.

Mood- Alert

Location- The Dwemer ruin of Kagrenzel

Water broke the fall it seemed. "Why would there be water below if it were a trap? What was the point?" She looked to her surroundings. It was like an inverted island with land all around the sides and water in the middle. There were massive bones in the area that seemed as if they belonged to a mammoth. They were nearby a mammoth graveyard anyway close to Riften. Perhaps the bones were taken here? but why? Then Fora-wha heard a sound up above. Kargah or Seebum-Nah must have followed her down through the tunnel. "Seebum-nah! Kargah! Are you up there? send down the ropes! I need to get back up!". But there was no answer. Suddenly then, there was a faint rattling sound from behind Fora-wha. She looked behind her to see a bone that had fallen in the nearby sand. Something had knocked it over. She knew she was not alone.

She reached to her back for her bow but it seemed to be gone and scattered in the water. She did not know a bound bow spell but she had the power to conjure bound arrows anytime so she did not have to worry about a quiver. She looked around the water for a bow to defend herself from whatever was in the darkness. A bone then flies from the cave near Fora-wha's head as if it were thrown. There is obviously a sentient being in here with her. And without her suspecting it a small hunched figure made it's way into the light with a piercing scream and with a jump, made it's way onto Fora-wha's body readying it's weapon to bash her head. Then with a qick move, Fora-wha grabbed the pale being by it's shoulders and threw it off of her. She desperately looked in the water for her weapon as the rest of the small creatures attacked.

"Seebum-nah! Kargah! come quick!"

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, 23

*Weapon: Magic and a katana enchanted with Chaos damage.

*Wears: Mourning clothes, a black cowl to cover his face, his magic Wolf Gauntlets, and his famous silver sapphire ring

*Mood: Elated

Mjolnir downed some more honnigbrew mead as he told some fair ladies and gentlemen of his fight with bandits. His words, slurred with drunken influence. "Sho I shed, 'You looking for directions?' Then the guy who I ashoomed was da leader pointed a knife to my shroat, shreatening, 'No, but I want your money. Giva here, or I'll shlit your neck like an old ladiesh pursh!' Sho I flicked my wrishtsh, and..." Surt flicked his wrists and opened his hands, and fire suddenly spawned in them, ready to burn any threats to come. They audience sat there like kids watching a dragon fly over. An old nord, who was also drunk, hollered, "Take care of those flames!!" Surt sneered at the other drunkard, and flicked his wrists again, banishing the flames. He continued his story. "Long shtory short, I burned them all to a crishp."

He stood up, his cowl seeming to float gracefully atop his head. His ruby red eyes widened at the mention of dragonborn being killed. He walked by the guards and sat down next to a dark-furred Kajiit to eavesdrop on the guards, then walked away as soon as he lost interest. He jogged to the small wall that almost completely surrounded the local trade center and sat on it. He removed his cowl, revealing his snow white hair that seemed to glisten in the moonlight. He held his silver sapphire necklace-no...his life, in his hands. He tightened his grip on the necklace. With a chuckle, he thought, "
It's funny how something as dear a life..." He caressed the sapphire. "...can be taken as easy as removing a necklace..."

||Alaric||

• Bosmer Elf- Male- 18

• Weapon: Glass Bow, Steel Battle-Axe (just in case)

• Guild Armor (set), Amulet of Talos, Emerald Ring of Major Archery

• Mood- observant

• Location- The Dwemer Ruin of Kagrenzel

The Bosmer pulled his bow from it's resting place on his back, having an arrow notched in mere seconds. He was ready to take down anyone who tried to attack him. He heard the approaching footsteps--and then silence. Taking a few more steps away from the pit, he got to the entrance of the room when it began. The screams were brutal and terrible, shouts of agony boncing off the walls of the ruins. Alaric stepped back, expecting the worse was coming for them.

Out of nowhere arrived a swarm of Falmer, the forsaken race once known as Snow Elves. Alaric Released the first arrow that was strung, letting it find a home in one of the creatures' chest. He kept firing in rapid succession. Niruin taught him well, and he wasn't gonna die in this over glorified, piss-rank cave. When one fell, another replaced it, as if they were a militarized force. The numbers became too much for him, and he was grazed by crudely mad weapons as he tried to put distance between himself and the mob. When he found a break in the bodies, Alaric inhaled deeply, feeling the power of his bloodline course from his very soul.

"

KRII LUN AUS!!!

"

he shouted, the wispy force of death falling from his lips and forming marks on the Falmers' skin. They cried in agony as the stench of decay filled the space. One by one, the creatures fell, shattering into dust as they hit the floor. When it settled, Alaric placed his hands on his knees, breathing hard. It always took a lot out of him to recite that particular thu'um. He turned and looked down into the pit, seeing the female was still alive. "Do you need help?" he asked, feeling remorseful that she had to endure hearing what could be her whole tribe slaughtered.

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-None Equipped
  • Armor-None Equipped

amulet of Mara

• Mood-Exhausted
  • Location-The Bee and

Barb, Riften

Minau had watched the stranger sit down next to her, listen to the same conversation she was eavesdropping in on, and subsequently leave. She was confused... Had he known about the attacks? She didn't know but she paid for her drink and left her stool.

He was sitting on the wall, staring at something and Minau walked towards him quietly. She rounded the wall and said softly, "My name's Minau. I noticed you sit down and then leave. Did you hear the guards? Something troubling you?"

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

*Wears: Mourning clothes, a black cowl to cover his face, his magic Wolf Gauntlets, and his famous silver sapphire ring

*Mood: Alert/Worried

Mjolnir lifted his head at the Kajiit voice. He quickly stuffed the necklace in his shirt and turned to face this, 'Minau' character. It was indeed the dark-haired kajiit he sat next to while eavesdropping on the guards conversation. His blood red eyes seemed relieved that she was just looking for conversation, but he soon shook his head, mentally shaming himself for the prejudice. He finally answered, "Yeah, I heard them...and I'm not particularly fond of..." he decided to keep his identity a secret. "...people killing Tamriel's strongest people. Ever. Of all time." He hastily put his cowl back on and stood up. His eyes, no longer showing "Well, I best be on my way. I have business to attend to in Whiterun regarding what we heard..." He walked off to the main gates, still wobbling thanks to the excessive amounts of mead.

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-None Equipped
  • Armor-None Equipped

amulet of Mara

• Mood-Exhausted
  • Location-The Bee and

Barb, Riften

Minau wasn't sure what think of this drunken man, but she was intrigued. He was staggering towards the Riften gate and she rushed after him, her ears perched forward in curiousity and her tail gently swaying. She tried to hurry next to the man and she spoke, "Do you need a travelling partner? I am skilled with a shield and sword and I'm very proficient with heavy armor." She felt the thu'um roaring in the soul she was walking with, and her own inner dragon was rumbling. But she didn't quite want to tell him yet she was dragonborn. "I'd like to get to the bottom of these rumors too," she began, "Something is killing Skyrim's strongest sons and daughters. This cannot bode well for the rest of the nation."

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

Mjolnir turned to Minau with a with an observant glare, but not for perverted reasons. Should he let her come? Why not? Only one more, so it won't hurt that much. Mjolnir came to a decision, and answered, "I have no reason not to take you with me, but..." he pointed to her clothes. "...you are severely underarmed...do you need to stop by somewhere before we actually head to Whiterun?" he then face-palmed himself when he recalled, "Ah. how foolish of me." He extended his hand for Minau to shake it. "My name is Mjolnir. Nice to meet you..."

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-LaasGahrot

Absorbs life essence

• Armor-Ebony armor;

lockpick, heavy armor

and carrying weight

increase. Amulet of

Akatosh. Ebony shield

with block increase.

• Mood-Excited
  • Location-Riften

Minau smiled and took Mjolnir's outstretched. "Like-wise!" She responded almost laughing. He was drunk, and it was an easy thing to forget introductions. "I do have to grab my things if you do not mind," She asked quietly and she quickly ran for the Bee and Barb. She slipped off her dress, stuffinf it into her travelling bags and hurried to put on her ebony army. Her clawed fingers swiftly closed each buckle and tie and she adjusted herself once finished. She took off her amulet of Mara, putting on her amulet of Akatosh, and she could feel the thu'um inside of her grow stronger as her inner dragon relished in the amulet's power.

Minau made sure her sword was fastened tightly to her hip as it dully glowed red and she grabbed her leather knapsack, practically running out of the room, down the stairs, and out of the inn to where Mjolnir was at. She walked up to him and said, "I apologize, I tried to hurry. Do you have a horse?"

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

Mjolnir shook his head slowly and held out a a small coin purse. "I'm gon' pay the chariot guy. I'm not much for ridin' horses..." He looked down and glared at her Akatosh Amulet. He raised an eyebrow and asked, "Akatosh? Really?" He shook his head and turned around. "Not my place to judge." He walked off to the main gates, and held them open for the lady. "Mi'lady?"

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-LaasGahrot

Absorbs life essence

• Armor-Ebony armor;

lockpick, heavy armor

and carrying weight

increase. Amulet of

Akatosh. Ebony shield

with block increase.

• Mood-Leary
  • Location-Riften

Minau fumbled with her amulet and said softly, "I'm not very skilled with magic, but I like to use restoration for when I run out of potions... besides, my amulet of Talos was broken in an accident. I feel that I must have atleast one dragon God watching over me." Mjolnir opened the door for her, and she thanked him as she passed through. She walked to the stables, and readied her black Stallion, Hisirafa. "I will follow behind you, if you don't mind," she said to Mjolnir, as she saddled her horse and mounted him. She was uneasy, not wanting to necessarily travel by night, but hopefully the vampire would not be out on the caravan roads.

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

Mjolnir nodded and handed the purse to the rider. He told the chariot man to head for Whiterun, and turned to Minau, asking, "A question I left out: How do you deal with royalty?" He was generally concerned. The last thing he wanted to happen there was Minau making a poor impression to Farengar. Farengar Secret-Fire: A great man to have conversations with, if know what to talk about. Hopefully Minau knew what to say if she wanted to get involved.

{{RedInkKid, did you want to restart to meet us on the way to Whiterun? And I will "totally" not judge your taptalk haha.}}

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-LaasGahrot

Absorbs life essence

• Armor-Ebony armor;

lockpick, heavy armor

and carrying weight

increase. Amulet of

Akatosh. Ebony shield

with block increase.

• Mood-Leary
  • Location-Riften

Minau was intrigued by Mjolnir's question, but she nodded to him. "I am no stranger to being in court. You'll find no trouble from me. I handle them with great care, if that is what you mean. I have a somewhat... "knack" for understanding people and using it to my advantage." Minau was no stranger to speechcraft. Honeyed words could get one very far in the world without much physical effort. Hisirafa followed along behind the carriage so that the Khajiit could converse with her travelling companion. She did not want to push her boundaries with Mjolnir, and yearned to ask him why he was asking the questions he was, but she refrained. Trust took time to build, and Mjolnir seemed to be someone who did not trust often.

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

*Mood: Alert/chatty

Mjolnir smirked and sighed in relief. "Well at least I don't have to worry about stuttering," he said with a hint of sarcasm in his tone, nut he was serious, "and I could use a sharp tongue like yours. Especially in a place like Dragon's Reach." The towering wood structure had its own DISTRICT. Of course, only three places had confirmed 'districts'. Markarth has it's own section just for the prisoners, Windhelm had the Grey Quarter, which always made Mjolnir's blood boil to have such prejudice, and then there was Whiterun. THREE districts: Plain District for the market area, Mjolnir always forgot the second one, but he calls it the 'Sky District' because of the SkyForge, and there was the Cloud District. A.K.A., Dragon's Reach. Wait. The SkyForge would be a nice detour. Mjolnir decided to ask, "Hey, Minau. If you want, we could visit the SkyForge. It's a nice scene, and you look the type who knows who to make a blade or five."

{{Sorry for my absence! Life has been sh***ing all over me.}}

{Minau}

• Khajiit-Female-29
  • Weapon-LaasGahrot

Absorbs life essence

• Armor-Ebony armor;

lockpick, heavy armor

and carrying weight

increase. Amulet of

Akatosh. Ebony shield

with block increase.

• Mood-Intrigued
  • Location-Riften

Minau raised an eyebrow at Mjolnir's remark. He was very observant. Minau was very skilled at forging, and like to wear it proudly in her armor and weapons. She smiled and said, "Yes, I would love to go to Skyforge. I trained once under Eorlund. He was amazing smith with and amazing forge. Perhaps I could hone both our weapons and armor there. I know my way around a grinding stone." The khajiit laughed and settled into her saddle. She didn't feel so stuffy around her new companion anymore and felt she could somewhat relax.

Mjolnir gave off a magical aura and Minau was interested into why he was going to Dragon's Reach. "Do you have business in Whiterun with a fellow mage?"

[[Mjolnir Surt]]

*Imperial, male, 23

*Mood: Alert/chatty

Mjolnir nodded and replied, "Yes. He is Farengar Secret-Fire.We have to talk about the dragonborn killings, and the amount of magic at the scenes. We believed that the Thalmor actually got good at their job, and started killing anything that violated their religion. Although, Farengar said that he got some new information about the magic found at the scenes. The body." Mjolnir started to stare off into space, but his eyes seem pointed at Minau's amulet. He continued, "Apparently, the kind of magic Farengar found is entirely different from a spell, or enchantment."

Mjolnir decided to go off subject, and explained, "And if your wondering how I knew you smith, I usually just asume people make their own ebony armor, should they be wearing it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back