• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐’ธ๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น'๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ ๐‘”๐“Š๐’พ๐’น๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’

cupid airlines
Cupid Airlines welcomes you on your new adventure. Whether you are on an established or it seems that Cupid may have forgotten about you. Do not worry because we are here to change that, as we are masters of providing life experiences that no one is going to be able to match. Our mission is to help you create memories that you will never forget and who knows, there might be some love involved as we may have some aces under the sleeve. But we canโ€™t discuss that much about this as a magician canโ€™t reveal all their secrets and also because it was stated and clause number 7 when you bought your tickets.

"Oh wait! I am getting a call. Just wait a moment! Our last passengers have arrived, then we can start boarding. What do you mean there's some trouble with them? Did they forget their passport or something? What do you mean that the pair that won the trip has already broken up!? And one of the other passengers has had a long-time crush on one of the guys!? What about the last one? He doesn't have the best reputation and there's not an amicable relationship between the guys? How are we going to solve this!? We need to figure out something. We need these high rankings to keep this business alive. I'll call you later to know the updates I am trying to sell our new destination."

A notice to our travelers due to recent events, Cupid's Airlines is not responsible for miscommunications and conflicts prior to the trip. We are here to provide unforgettable experiences and make bonds even stronger during the duration of your trip. If one of the promises that you saw in the brochure is not fulfilled during your stay, please contact our travel manager so we can give a solution to your problems, but this can only be done during the first 48 hours. Without further ado, I need to make a last announcement.

"Attention all passengers and guests. We would like to inform you that Flight GA456 to Denpasar, Bali, is now ready for departure. All passengers traveling on Flight GA456 to Denpasar, Bali, are kindly requested to proceed to Gate 9 for boarding.โ€ฆ
mood: <(๏ฟฃ๏ธถ๏ฟฃ)>
outfit: n/a
fromis_9 โ€“ Airplane Mode

coded by Stardust Galaxy

Last edited:
choi minwoo
Picture this: You broke up with the girl of your dreams.

A few weeks ago, you were sure you would marry her; now, you're staring at your phone wondering if you even have the right to text her anymore. What are you going to do about that trip you guys were supposed to go on? It won't even dig into your wallets if you guys just don't go, since it was a prize. But you know she was looking forward to it. With the others coming, it could just be a trip for friends. Your heart thumps dully in your chest. Should you still go?

There's only one real, logical answer to this dilemma. You think about how your friends would laugh at the fool who chose otherwise.

But Choi Minwoo is a fool; for her, at least.

When Ji-eun replied that it'd be okay, he wanted to believe it too. Even if he'd paused every few minutes while packing his luggage to stare down his reflection, practising the image of nonchalance that was so easy in all other situations. He had to do his part to make sure this trip was okay for them โ€” for her โ€” but boundaries were difficult to navigate, especially for situations of one-sided heartbreak.

Every once in a while, he wondered if they'd still be together if he'd said something.

He'd almost messed up immediately when he saw her at the airport. His arm had moved on instinct, because he'd greeted her every day for the past 2 years with a hand by her waist and a kiss to the cheek. Saved, thankfully, when he reached instead for the handle of her suitcase. He was still allowed to look after her, right?

"Hey,"
Minwoo offered a smile as he tugged her luggage towards his own.
"Did you wait long? Haneul and her friend aren't here yet?"

He fished out his phone from his pocket, brow furrowing when he found no messages from the usually eager girl. He'd been half expecting to have been woken up this morning with a barrage of messages from her โ€” she'd reminded him in the past few weeks how much she texted. Not that he minded, though. It felt nostalgic for them to be close again.

harvey. where are you?

What was the other guy's name, again? Yu...? He made a half-hearted attempt to search for a hint of their final companion's name amidst the endless stream of Bali pictures, but gave up quickly.
you coming with your friend?

A pause.
what was his name again? yuhyeok?

Minwoo glanced up to check on Ji-eun, catching her eye with a tender gaze. She looked nice. She always looked nice.
"They're coming soon, I think. I'm sure we have more than enough time, though."
he said, his voice controlled and steady. He'd missed her. He'd thought of asking her if she wanted to go together, but couldn't muster up the courage.
"Did you run into any trouble getting here, or anything?"

mood: smiling thru the pain
outfit:
click!
interactions: ji-eun, haneul
heize โ€“ falling leaves are beautiful

coded by Stardust Galaxy

SHIN JI-EUN
strawberry
Have you ever thought about how someone can impact your life? Well, Ji-Eun never considered it until Choi Minwoo came into her life. Because the reality was that there was a Ji-Eun before him, one during him, and the last one that was after him, and none of them were the same person. And despite the differences, one thing was for sure: she felt the happiest she had ever been in her entire life when she was with him.

Did she regret the breakup? Of course she did. There wasn't a moment she felt her feelings toward the boy, who owned her heart and soul, crumble even a tiny bit. But the insecurities arose, despite that she knew him perfectly.

People say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. But in a world where Ji-Eun was like the moon, who couldn't shine on her own, Minwoo was the sun that illuminated everything and everyone around him. Then why did she break up with him? The answer was easy to say but difficult to accept. Ji-Eun didn't want Minwoo to realize that she wasn't special while he was away, that his perception of her was clouded by his feelings, and sooner or later that fog would dissipate, showing him how flawed she really was.

Then why did she still agree to go on this trip? If Ji-Eun's reasoning behind her actions was to keep Minwoo's perception of her still intact, then why did she decide to put herself in front of him in her most vulnerable and flawed state? Perhaps it was because she wasn't ready to let him go, and if she was being honest, she wasn't sure if there would ever be a time when she would be ready to see him part from her heart.

But there he was, standing in front of her, and since the day of the breakup, the gray contact lenses through which Ji-Eun saw the world since that day dissipated as soon as she saw that smile.
"No, I didn't. I just arrived not too long ago, and it seems I was the first one to arrive,"
she stated, feeling the awkwardness between the two when not too long ago it was full of trust.
"No, I didn't. My cab arrived on time and there wasn't a lot of traffic. What about you?"
she replied.
"I think I am going to go and buy something to drink before the others arrive. Do you want something?"
mood: sappy girl
outfit: here
interactions: Minwoo
Heize - So, It Ends? feat. Colde

coded by Stardust Galaxy

AHN HANEUL
apple!
Haneul was really, truly getting over it. She dyed the tips of her hair blonde, and she was getting over it. She looked at the gorgeous boy sitting next to her in classes, the one who'd never go for someone like her but maybe would give her something else to think about anyways, and invited him on vacation, and she was getting over it.

Until her best friend broke up with his girlfriend.

Haneul was good at messy. She was practically the queen of messy, especially when it came to Choi Minwoo. Still, Minwoo going on a trip with her and his ex-girlfriend, insisting that they were all just going as friends, that it was fine? That was messy, even by her standards.

Of course she was going to go. She wouldn't be a good friend to Minwoo if she just left him on a trip with his ex without any support, and she wouldn't be a good friend to Yuhyeon if she invited him on a trip just to cancel last minute. That was why she was going. She was being a good friend, and she wanted to relax and have fun with her friends, and there was nothing more to it. She really did think it would be fun! If something more happened, well, it's not like she was planning for it.

Haneul had barely slept the night before, too lost in anticipation and imaginary vacation scenarios. It wasn't too much of a surprise that she woke up slightly late, not completely packed, and with her phone uncharged. Haneul scrambled to pull herself together, only remembering to plug her phone into a portable charger when she was a handful of minutes away from the airport.

For once, multiple of Minwoo's texts waited for her. Maybe she was starting to rub off on him after all.

OMG, was rushing! almost there!
She shot back, before frowning slightly at the next message. She'd cleared bringing Yuhyeon with Minwoo. Well, sort of, after inviting him first, but still.
yuhyeon:-( play nice

When she arrived at the airport, Ji-eun was already there, and so was Minwoo, hand on her suitcase, looking at her like they were still together. Despite all the years, Haneul hadn't learned how to stop her insides from twisting together at the sight.

She had, however, gotten rather good at pretending.

"Hi! You're both here,"
Haneul greeted them with a smile, as though they were all old friends, as though the thought of a full day of airports and airplanes just filled her with excitement.
"How are you? I can't believe it's time, I feel like we've been waiting on this trip forever. Were you two just waiting here?"

mood: travel time
outfit:
click!
interactions: ji-eun, minwoo
Soovi โ€“ make the move

coded by Stardust Galaxy

kim yuhyeon
cherry
The alarm had gone off a little too early by his standards. Then again, it always did. Thoughts of beaches & oceans could only motivate him so much to get out of bed โ€” in fact, the dreamlike images of vacation were far too calming, and they lulled him halfway back to sleep again.

By the time Yuhyeon rolled his luggage onto the pristine marble floors of the modern expanse, dressed in an oversized sweater and a dark hat keeping down his bedhead, he was late. Fashionably so, of course. Just in time to board fairly leisurely and settle in for the flight. He never did get what it was about airports and traveling that prompted people to arrive so absurdly early, in comparison to everything else. Nerves, he guessed.

Gate 12... Gate 11... Gate 10... He paused. What lane were they supposed to meet at again? As he rid himself of a half-empty latte, Yuhyeon turned towards his phone, scrolling past unread messages until he arrived at a candid profile picture of a girl with bobbed hair. A stream of pictures of Bali in all its glory greeted him, cut off only by a short exchange.

Rmb Gate 9!!! See you there :-D

The animated voice he read it in, which decidedly didn't suit his friend, brought him a small smile. He glanced up, just as the right gate came into full view.

Haneul shouldn't be hard to find. Her new hairstyle wasn't the most typical, amidst all the heads of long black hair. And, well, he wasn't too hard to spot, either. They'd catch each other quickly enough, as long as she was already there. If she wasn't... well, he knew Ji-eun, too, only as far as knowing meant one or two choppy conversations. He remembered her, still. He was almost confident she remembered him as well. Choi Minwoo, on the other hand, was unfamiliar completely.

Didn't those two break up, anyway? There was no rumor in school that didn't get to Yuhyeon eventually, and this was one of the most recent. But he supposed it was none of his business, whether they were exes or still together or on-again-off-again.

He was just here for Haneul and a free vacation. Would it be awkward, when half the party could hardly be considered friends? Yes. But if Kim Yuhyeon couldn't overcome that and have fun anyway, who can?

In the middle of his thoughts, Yuhyeon spotted a familiar frame, and his smile grew into a grin as he headed towards the small gathering. With a quiet few strides, he reached behind Haneul, and his hand came down โ€” softly, but without warning โ€” on her head, slightly messing up her hair.
"Hey,"
he greeted, glancing down at her before shifting his eyes to the other pair,
"sorry, I'm a little late. Did you wait long?"

mood: head empty
outfit:
comfy
interactions: everyone else
baekhyun - get you alone

coded by Stardust Galaxy

choi minwoo
If he noticed Ji-eun's apprehension โ€” and of course he did, because he was nothing if not observant โ€” he chose not to acknowledge it. Surely his own was showing in his mannerisms, but what else could they do but pretend to carry on their uneasy truce? Somewhere in his heart, spitefully, he felt relieved she didn't seem unaffected. It would've hurt more.

"I think I am going to go and buy something to drink before the others arrive. Do you want something?"

He didn't get a chance to reply before Haneul's cheerful voice piped up, chipper as ever. Surprise flashed across Minwoo's features, and he glanced down at his phone to realise that he'd missed her texts. She was a welcome arrival, though, and Minwoo felt his expression soften at the sight of his beloved friend. "You're both here! How are you? I can't believe it's time, I feel like we've been waiting on this trip forever. Were you two just waiting here?"

"Morning,"
he said, straightening his posture to greet her with a teasing smile. A hand remained on Ji-eun's luggage, pushing both towards his legs.
"I'm surprised you made it on time."
He studied her for a moment, noting the slight dishevelment of her appearance โ€” knowing her, she'd probably packed this very morning and thrown on everything in a rush. Minwoo's free hand reached out to tug the bottom of her cardigan, straightening it where it'd tagged onto her jean pocket. It was a quick, casual motion, and he brushed off the slightest bit of dust before his hand returned to his side, slipping into his jean pocket.
"I hope you remembered to bring everything. Where's your friend?"

As if on cue, an unfamiliar figure entered into view. Minwoo's lips pressed into a small frown as the man reached for Haneul's head, though he pushed away the discomfort as his eyes shifted to meet his own. "Sorry I'm a little late. Did you wait long?"

"Not at all,"
he replied smoothly, extending his hand for a shake,
"You're Yuhyeon, then? Nice to meet you."

He pulled Yuhyeon into a light shoulder bump, releasing him as soon as the greeting was over. A small, polite smile, before he turned his attention back to Ji-eun.
"You still want that drink? I could go with you,"
He caught himself, adding slowly as he addressed the other pair, too,
"If you want. Or we could just head in now since everyone's here."

mood: hmm......
outfit:
click!
interactions: ji-eun, haneul
heize โ€“ falling leaves are beautiful

coded by Stardust Galaxy

SHIN JI-EUN
strawberry
The sudden change of behavior of Minwoo didnโ€™t go unnoticed on Ji-Eunโ€™s eyes when Haneul arrived, not that she could blame him for it, from any point you look at it there was no way you wouldnโ€™t think that going on a trip with your ex was the right move. And despite that Ji-Eun was the one to be decided to break up things with him and that she knew perfectly the type of relationship with him and Haneul had, she still felt uneasy looking at them. And she started wondering if she did she ever make him as happy as Haneul did?

Ji-Eun was sure things couldnโ€™t get any more awkward. What could top going on a trip with your ex-boyfriend and the best friend of that ex-boyfriend? Well, it seemed life was just mocking her at this point as she saw Kim Yuhyeon arriving as unbothered as someone could. Did Ji-Eun have a problem with him? No, she didnโ€™t, but definitely, it wasnโ€™t on her plans that out of everyone; the last person that would go with them on this trip would have been the guy she had a crush on back in high school.

Not that she still had feelings for him, but his mere presence was enough; for the girl to remember that poem she wrote back in high school about him and that everyone read as it was posted on the school tabloid, while everyone congratulated her for talent Ji-Eun just wanted to be swallowed by the earth and never show her face again, and the only thing she got out of it was him telling her on their graduation day how lucky the guy from the poem was never realized that it was about him and that all this time her feelings were just one-sided, and with that just like the end of her high school time her crush in Yuhyeon came to an end.

Which at the beginning felt like the end of the world, but then Minwoo came into her life and lit up her days in a way she didnโ€™t know was possible, but now she didnโ€™t have Minwoo again by her own decision or most likely by her own insecurities. โ€œYou still want that drink? I could go with you,โ€ Minwooโ€™s voice broke that inner monologue that she had going on inside her mind.
โ€œOh, yeah, sure... We can go to...โ€
Ji-Eun started saying but took a glance at the other pair
โ€œOr maybe it would be better if we all went. I think itโ€™s better if we stick together before the boarding starts.โ€
mood: this can't be happening
outfit: here
interactions: Minwoo, Yuhyeon, haneul
Heize - So, It Ends? feat. Colde

coded by Stardust Galaxy

AHN HANEUL
apple!
โ€œIโ€™m surprised you made it on time.โ€

Haneul made a face at the words, even though he was right. Heโ€™d known her more than long enough to know she had more of a chance of being late than not. Known her habits longer than anyone, really. MInwoo reached out to straighten her cardigan, and Haneulโ€™s cheeks flushed with something between embarrassment at the touch and at showing up so un-put together (Ji-Eun always looked so put together), but before she had the chance to craft a reply, a hand came down gently atop her head.

Haneulโ€™s eyebrows raised in surprise, which then disappeared just as quickly. Yuhyeon. The touch was familiar, even before she could see who it was. The tension held in Haneulโ€™s shoulders released, and she turned to face him, her smile brightening, back to being genuine and not just a show.

โ€œHey,โ€
She responded, quietly but warmly. She hadnโ€™t doubted heโ€™d make it on time, but it was somewhat nice to have someone as likely to show up late as her. Haneul looked between him and Minwoo as they greeted each other. It had practically just occurred to her that this was their first meeting. She wasnโ€™t nervous about it. It was just a friend meetingโ€ฆ another friend.

The moment passed easily, thankfully. Haneul watched, surprisingly pleased, as Minwoo pulled him into a side hug, and the conversation jumped back to the discussion of drinks.

โ€œYes, we should go together,โ€
Haneul echoed Ji-Eunโ€™s statement. It would be awkward to force Minwoo off with his now ex, even if Ji-Eun hadnโ€™t been right about the logistics of splitting up. She started towards the lineup of airport shops, sticking next to Yuhyeon but all too aware that Minwoo had finally let go of Ji-Eunโ€™s luggage.

โ€œAttention all passengers and guests. We would like to inform you that Flight GA456 to Denpasar, Bali, is now ready for departure. All passengers traveling on Flight GA456 to Denpasar, Bali, are kindly requested to proceed to Gate 9 for boarding.โ€ฆโ€ The overhead announcement called, at the same time as the cashier at the coffee shop called โ€œNext,โ€ and signaled for them to make their order.

โ€œHm,โ€
Haneul pressed her lips together, making a half-second decision,
โ€œI could try to order for us quickly, but someone should go check in? So they know weโ€™re here?โ€

mood: travel time
outfit:
click!
interactions: everyone!
Soovi โ€“ make the move

coded by Stardust Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back