• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Bugs, Cats, and Newspapers (1x1 with ReminiscenceOfRegret)

ForsakenWings

Voice in the Deep
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Paris's new superheros have made their appearance and the city could never be happier to welcome them. While some are weary, the high school newspapers could never be so ecstatic to cover the story and possibly, the identity reveal?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tikki, why didn't you wake me uppp?!"

The morning broke with an cry of despair as Calvin desperately tried to throw on his clothes and brush his teeth. The kwami gave a weary smile that seemed to say "oops?" without any audible sound. It was bad as it was not getting enough sleep from doing late night patrols with his partner, but being late to school? His parents would kill him the moment they recieved that sort of notification!

Not to mention meeting with Clarissa, she of all of people would want his head if it seemed like he ditched the morning for some sleep. It took Calvin the next ten minutes to get himself situated. Maybe if he...

"I know that look, you know using your powers like this isn't always the best idea.."

"I know, I know! Last time, I swearr!! Now, Tikki!! Spots on!" With a soft red glow emitting from the boy, Calvin's current outfit was replaced by his LadyBeetle suit. "Sorry, Tikki. I know misusing the power of the mirsculous isn't an emergency, but my future as we know it depends on it"

With his bag on and window open, he flung his yo-yo to the nearest buildig, zipping his way towards the school.

Meanwhile, a certain newsreporter was scrolling through the pages of the online news. With her legs crossed and snug against the school's bench, she was waiting for her bestfriend to arrive. Aah, another wonderful headline. "LadyBeetle and Cat Noir save Paris once again!!" With a gentle awe, the girl swooned to the side. LadyBeetle was definitely leaning toward a fine young man and Cat Noir was an idol!

"I sure do hope to get that next scoop with the two's official statements..."

Lorelei had been woken up that morning by an alarm. As she had got up and got dressed, Plagg floated towards her while rubbing his eyes.

"Why are you up so early?" He complained, stretching out slightly and yawning. "It's too early. Sleep more. We don't have to be at school for a while longer. Or, better yet. You could just not go at all."

She brushed him off, knowing full well that his persuasion attempts wouldn't best her. She'd finished getting ready and went to breakfast. Although it was a lonely meal (she ate by herself), she enjoyed the idea of all the things she could do that day at school. She would learn and talk to friends....It would really be a great day. She promised herself that.

Once done she'd jumped into her family's car and headed off to school. Along the way she pulled out a piece of Camembert and held it out to Plagg. "This should wake you up." She whispered, before rolling her eyes playfully.

The car pulled up at school and she got out, grabbing her bag once she made sure Plagg was safely inside. She walked to the doors, knowing her friend would be found somewhere. Likely in the classroom, honestly. He was always in there getting the next article for his club. She rushed in and headed straight for class, joyous when she entered to find him sitting in his usual seat. She slide into the seat next to him, looking over his shoulder.

Ethan was working on his laptop, covering a scoop regarding the identities of the two new superheros of Paris.

"One day, when I find out who they are people will really appreciate the purpose of the newspaper club." He said, glancing to her with a smirk. He was proud of his accomplishments in the club. They had done a lot of articles and really did try to cover things well, but she couldn't help but hope the identities were kept under lock and key.

"I know you guys are trying really hard. How is the research coming so far?" She asked.

"Great. Really. There are clues everywhere. You just have to look hard enough for them."

Clues everywhere?! She had to be more careful.

The school was in sights, and LadyBeetle had to make his landing somewhere. The roof was usually open and no one really dared to go up (unless a couple of their artistic students decided they needed more photographs). With another swing, he tucked and rolled onto the roof. Taking a moment to feel if he had hurt anything, he decided to stand and dust himself off. Nothing out of place, all his limbs still attached... He was good! With a flash of red, LadyBeetle was once again Calvin. Tikki flew to the boy's face with her arms crossed, prompting a chuckle from the boy. With apologies flooding out, the kwami chuckled with him.

"Alright, let's get you to class." She said, nudging him to head off towards the exit off the roof. Calvin smiled, nodding and heading down the stairs to his first class. The ladybug suddenly cheered from his bag. "Cookies?"

"Yup, I thought I might as well pack a good couple everyday if I'm going to be out and about." He said before hushing up as a few students passed by him. "Also, careful, I promised to bring Clarissa some forget-me not seeds. "

"Like I'm going to crush those!" Tikki huffed, the boy bursting into a fit of laughter once more before heading into his class. He spotted the head full of brown hair in the middle row, grinning as she scrolling through her phone. Probably doing some reading on other sites about Ladybeetle and Cat Noir. He passed by is classmates, waving a few 'hellos' as he made his way up.

"Good morning, Ethan, Lorelei." He saluted the two as he swiftly took his seat behind them and beside Clarissa. The brunette looked over to her bestfriend, flashing a grin that seemed to match his. "And Clara! Your flower seeds!" The boy began to shift through his bag, being sure to avoid hurting or showing the swami that hid within it. Finding his hands empty, he blinked a few times.

"Did you forget them again?" Clara asked with a teasing number of punches to his arm. The boy slumped in his seat. He either forgot them on his dresser, or they flew out of his bag on his way here. He could practically hear Tikki scolding him for being late, he'd probably hear from her later.

"Mmmmmmaybe?"

"You're hopeless in the morning!" The girl laughed before the boy nervously laughed with her. "It's cool, dude. I still need to get a couple of pots from your shop to even put them in!"

Lorelei and Ethan responded to the greeting in near unison, waving at Calvin with warm smiles before returning to their conversation. They sat close together, discussing the possibility of visiting the park this afternoon.

"You can come, right? There is supposed to be some pretty neat stuff going down." Ethan commented, closing his laptop and slipping it into his bag.

"Really? Like what?" She asked, pressing her elbow against the desk and leaning her chin into the palm of her hand.

"Like...um...." He tapped his index finger against his chin in thought before smiling sheepishly. "I don't really know. I just heard someone talking about something cool going down in the park....so I thought we'd check it out, y'know?"

"Oh, okay! I understand!" She smiled, nodding. She knew he got nervous about things like this. He liked to know everything, so it embarrassed him when he didn't. "I'm sure we'll figure it out."

"So, you actually want to go with me?" He asked, tilting his head some. She was always rather busy with her other responsibilities (especially her duties as Cat Noir) that accepting these offers was kinda risky. She could end up having to cancel last minute.

"At the moment, I'm good to go." She replied. If something came up, she'd try to handle it as quick as she could, just so Ethan would be happy.

"Oh, and I'll need your help soon. Investigating the superheroes will take a lot of work, so having you by my side would be great." Lorelei smiled at Ethan's words, but it always conflicted her when something like this happened. She was one of those superheroes, and the saddest thing is that he couldn't know. Her best friend and a real passionate researcher regarding these things. It was often sad to think about, but she tried to be positive.

"I would be glad to help." She responded, knowing Plagg was just in her bag trying to hold back laughter. She opened her mouth to say something else but shut it when the teacher came in, knowing class would begin soon. She pulled out her supplies and waited patiently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back