• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

InsaneAsylum

The Chocobo Champion
Chapter 1
Beds of Betrayal

The Abyssal Dungeon
11:00 AM

The Abyssal Dungeon is known across the continent as the impenetrable prison beneath Grenouille City's massive oasis. Using magical pillars, the prison is able to create a bubble at the bottom on the oasis, where the prison is located. The prison itself is made of dark stone, and is composed of three sectors. The first and largest is the Prisoner's Sector. Here, the prison cells, courtyard, and cafeteria are located. Elite guards patrol this sector, and handle issue with as much force as they deem necessary. The second sector is the Guard's Sector. This is where the guards take breaks and there they hold their own weapons and the weapons of prisoners. The Warden's Quarter's are in this sector as well. The third sector is the Abandoned Sector. Many years ago, one of the pillars fell, and the third sector was buried beneath the crushing power of the oasis. It was once an extension of the Prisoner's Sector, but now it holds little more than a handful of monsters waiting for someone to get a little too curious.

"Eeeeeee heee hee hee hee! Get your sorry asses movin'!" A scratchy voice cackled from above. Standing up on a ledge surrounded by two heavily armored guards was a skinny pale man wearing black robes. A fancy purple scarf was draped around his neck. His black hair was slicked back, and his dark brown eyes were thin. A wide mischievous smile spread across his face, a smile the prisoners of the dungeon knew all too well. It was Maxwell, one of the high ranked guards of the prison who reported directly to the Warden. He was well known for encouraging the mistreatment of prisoners, and had a horrible grudge against nobility. His crazed smile beamed down at the prisoners as they were jammed into the dirty cafeteria by the lower ranking guards.

"Unfortunately for you lowly worms, we don't have much food for you all today. The church needs to make sure their armies are well fed during the next invasion of Feurey! You'll have to suffice with the Slop! Hee hee hee!" Maxwell's devious cackle resonated throughout the cafeteria, bouncing off the wet stoney walls and into the ears of the hungry prisoners. They knew more than enough about the Slop. It was a pale mushy goop that tasted revolting. Nonetheless it was just enough to keep everyone down there alive. The Slop had been served more and more often since the nobles had been imprisoned.

The prisoners split off into several groups as they went off to get in line for food. One of the most prominent of these groups were the Feurey Prisoners. Even after the war had ended, they were not sent home. Their grudge against Rivienne never diminished, only grew. Most of the other prisoners avoided them. All except for the 'odd' General Tourbillion. They were one of the first generals to be defeated in the Church's takeover. This short time in prison had brought out a new side of them. They had yet to speak to the nobles very much though.

Now, the chosen nobles have some time to think and and eat, unaware of the action happening in the oasis above them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Temple of Cranes
6:00 AM

Hideki’s eyes released their hold on the calm waves beyond the temple, knowing soon what would be coming for the Temple, and their beloved Crystal. He turned, acknowledging the faces of those brave enough to stand against the Tiger Clan, and to protect the Temple and its inhabitants from harm. He noted each noble and those that accompanied them. Momoka and Mirai, whom his dear niece had shown great care for. Hibiki, Naoto, and Seiichi, each hailing from the same orphanage, and the ill-fated Rat Clan, but with a strong bond that holds them together. Sheridan, whom he simply believed to be a child wanting to play war at first, but her being a daughter of Feurey and a gifted Onmyogi, convinced him to let her join the effort. All gathered to fight back.

“Sons, daughters, children of Feurey,” he began, Hideki’s aged eyes sweeping over each of them, “the Tiger Clan’s bloody massacre of the Rat Clan, their tyranny, blooms a heavy heart in myself and many of our countrymen. Now, their desire to rain down attacks upon our neighbours, the Crane Clan’s Temple, holder of our Crystal, makes our hearts all the more heavier. But you,” he said, his eyes somehow connecting with each individual’s, holding each of their attention, “each one of you, brings not only your weapons, your wit, your power, but also, your hope, your courage, your determination. Each of you brings the strength of not one, but ten warriors, in body, mind, and spirit.”

Hideki had paused, a storm passing amongst his eyes, regarding the souls gathered in front of him. “I will not lie. Not all of us will live to see the end of this battle. People may die at the hands of the wretched Tiger. But your sacrifice, your part played in this battle, will be forever heralded by the future of our people, Feurey when it finally finds peace.” He reached for his katana on his back, and pulling it from his sheath, continued with vigor, “I ask that you stand alongside me and your fellow clansmen, to cease the bloodshed of the Tiger Clan, to cleanse the soil of the blood they have spilled.” He raised his katana, and proclaimed with a determination, “We fight for the future of Feurey!”

A roar erupted from the temple, as the men and women responded passionately to Hideki's inspiring speech within the temple. They all swiftly ran to take up their positions within and outside of the hexagonal temple. Those assigned to be on the beach were already hiding in the trenches that were dug. The nobles, along with a few other troops were assigned to protect the temple entrance. The entrance was a huge arch shape, and while normally there were six of them, all but one was blocked off. Inside this first floor of the temple was a staircase winding its way up to the second floor, where they stopped. The ground rumbled, and some yells were heard in the distance. The battle had begun.

Gazing upon the temple from her ship was none other than Mimi Akai, the leader of the Tiger Clan. She wore her famous orange and black striped armor, with the helmet depicting the head of a tiger. Silently, she watched as a rain of massive fireballs came raining down upon the temple and its island. before the temple could be struck however, a golden barrier of magic appeared, deflecting the fireballs back into the lake that would hit the temple. The rest of the island was not so fortunate however. The fireballs crashed into the earth, sending up chunks of earth, and any soldier unfortunate enough to be caught up in the blasts. Lying in their wake was nothing but craters of scorched earth.

"Tell the generals to focus fire on the beach," Mimi commanded to no one in particular. A few men waiting near her quickly hurried off to begin spreading the order. She then turned to an oddly dressed archer. "We won't break that barrier so easily. Tell our friends to prepare their Shadow Spear. I want to end this as quickly as possible." The archer smirked, and hurried off.

Mimi looked to her left, then she looked to her right. She had brought thirty ships in total, the majority of her fleet. She knew that she would lose most of them in this battle, seeing as their was already a whirlpool forming between her and the temple. This battle would be bloody, just as the Fire God Feurey would want it to be.

Sheridan Sasaki
Her journey to the temple was relatively short and easy. While the distance between her mentor's hermitage and the Temple of The Cranes was very far away, her mentor used a ritual to transport her from the hermitage to somewhere close to the temple. Suffice to say, she felt bad for the bunnies that had to be sacrificed for the ritual. Regardless, she had managed to enter in the ranks of the Crane Clan's defense against Tiger Clan. It took her a while to convince Hideki that she was not a child, which was a little annoying to say at least, but she managed to convince him nonetheless. That left her awaiting for the battle to come.

Looking over her current equipment, she made sure her talismans were ready and puppets were working perfectly. Her mentor had given her some of his own man made puppets, for her to control, to assist in defending the temple. There were three in total, each resembling something vaguely humanoid. One of them held two scimitars, another held a club, and the last had a chain and ball equipped to it. Sheridan held a certain distaste for the puppets themselves. They were literal wooden puppets that had armor and weapons strapped onto them thus giving them a singular purpose, to kill. There was little to no life to these puppets in comparison to her dog puppet which was wagging its tail right beside her. Aside from her nitpicking, they would prove useful during the defense of the Temple of The Crane.

"Though why send puppets and me?" Sheridan asked herself. She held no interest in whatever strife the clans got into and she never would. The look on her mentor's face when he received the letter was awfully surprising to her, never had she seen such an angered look on his face before. While she could care less for whatever her mentor felt, she was curious on why he had expressed himself in such a way. "In the end it doesn't matter I suppose, I'll complete my duty and return back to the hermitage." Sitting down on a box, she carved the bird puppet that she had been working on prior to her departure from the hermitage. It would be a hassle dying and losing her almost finished product, so she'd had to be the careful in this fight.

She sat quietly as Hideki gave a rousing speech to his soldiers. Not bothering to move she awaited until everyone had left the room. Sighing, she stored her puppet away and got up from her box. "And so it begins," Shaking her head, she pressed her snapped her fingers, "Arise." The puppets creaked as they rose up from their positions. Cracking their parts with every jagged movement, they awaited her command. Moving out from the main hall, she opted to protect the casters who were upholding the barrier. If they were to fall then the Tiger Clan would be able to siege them with magical artillery and the what not.

Ayka Galani | Lanthane Grivois
Ayka-Lan.jpg

Tags: The Black Knight The Black Knight Takumi98 Takumi98 Orikanyo Orikanyo King Crimson King Crimson

It was during moments like these, when that banshee Maxwell screeched and cackled at the sorry state of the prisoners of the Abyssal Dungeon, that Lanthane imagined what he would have been doing at such a time, to take him away from his abysmal reality. Perhaps he would have been at Nanoo's shop, drinking tea, discussing what she was selling and making, what Lanthane had concocted himself. Perhaps he walked the streets, bored and restless, but at least having good company as he did so. Often, he had thought about the warmth of a woman against him, whether it had been his own bed or hers, basking in the sunlight that peered through the curtains to greet them.

The thought of the latter was euphoric, but in thinking of something so high, the man fell a long and devastating fall. The Slop, infamous for its liquified, yet, chunky texture, its tasteless and yet somehow still sour taste, dropping into Lanthane's bowl was a depressing symbol of said fall. He had silently accepted the 'food' he was provided, and moved out of line to find himself somewhere to sit and mull as he did every morning.

Something hooked Lanthane's ankle, and he lurched forward, dropping his bowl and his cheek striking the ground. The howling that followed after told the imprisoned noble what had happened, who had tripped him and set him up for a nasty fall. He groaned, rising onto his hands and knees, his cheek stinging from the force of the impact.

"Oh, apologies, m'lord. Guess my foot slipped," a guard jeered, his fellow cohorts sounding once more in a cacophony of laughter.

Lanthane swallowed back, only raising a hand to brush at his stinging cheek. Despicable. Every last guard in here. He wouldn't feed the food in her to dogs. His cell was damp and cramped. The place reeked of decay and piss and shit and he was sure something had died a thousand deaths to make it smell that way. And the uniforms...a crime against style itself, and uncomfortable, and most definitely not his colour. With what string of dignity Lanthane had left, he managed to push himself onto his feet. "Quite alright...I wasn't hungry this morning anyway," he responded, though, the sliver of contempt in his tone wasn't missed by the guard. He felt a hand grab his collar and drag him backwards, and he was met with a sneering visage.

"Service not up to your standards, m'lord? Maybe you want to put in a complaint to upper management?"

Lanthane's nose wrinkled. He made a fist with his hand, despite knowing his attempts to cause violence would ultimately end badly for him. Just when he thought about swinging, the voice of a woman he knew all too well piqued up.

"Sir, don't worry, he's just cranky. He's exactly as they say he is, never at his happiest unless he has wine and women to satisfy him," she smiled, a comment that Lanthane would have battled in jest any other day, but in this moment, clearly believed it to be uncalled for. "Let me talk some sense into him. He clearly needs help understanding how things work here."

The guard looked between Ayka, and Lanthane, whose expression had softened to an apologetic expression. For a moment, he seemed as if he'd refuse the offer, to throw Lanthane about like a doll. But he relented, shoving the man forward instead. "Make him understand his place here."

Ayka kept up that sweet smile of hers, turning, and taking Lanthane by the arm. As she led Lanthane to a bench she had managed to grab for herself, she murmured to him. "Still not making many friends, I see."

"I didn't even provoke him," Lanthane hissed, rubbing at his cheek. "Nothing, and he just trips me up for the pleasure of it. I did nothing wrong, Ayka."

"You were about to. And he would have caused you serious damage," Ayka mumbled back, hoping to knock some sense into the former prince's head. "You think you and your noodle arms would have held up in a fight against him? This place is driving all common sense out of that head of yours," she scolded, sitting him down on a bench beside her, where she had left her own bowl of gruel. She shifted it towards him and murmured, "Here, take some of mine."

Lanthane grimaced, before he turned his face away from it and mumbled, "No, thank you. I've lost my appetite. And I don't know how you stand to eat that stuff. Dogs eat better than this."

"They do, and usually better than humans too," Ayka pointed out the crass reality of life, particularly as someone living in Rivienne. Lanthane glanced away. She was lucky herself where she landed as a child, but there were plenty who would have been thankful for something like this. "As disgusting as it is, you still need to eat, Lan." Ayka kept shifting the bowl towards him, but the man refused to relent. She sighed, and she took a spoonful, forcing it through her mouth, down her throat. Better to breathe through the nose, and swallow quickly, she had learned. Silence lay over both of them like a blanket, until Ayka leaned closer to him and whispered, "Have you seen or heard anything from him?" She sighed as Lanthane shook his head. "Shit."

Neither had seen Gerran, this 'him' they referred to, since they had been incarcerated. Lanthane grew sure every day that Gerran's instructions to 'trust him' were the final words ever exchanged between them. He had visions of Gerran's body being thrown into a mass grave of traitors and criminals after his unwavering loyalty to the fugitive prince had been discovered. The thought of his death being on his shoulders was uncomfortable to bear. He shifted in his seat. "I'm sure he's safe, or at least, as safe as he can make himself be. He has to be careful too, you know. He probably isn't even allowed down here, considering how tight security is." Lanthane had tried to reassure himself of this, moreso than Ayka, who had nodded in agreement.

"Yeah...yeah, you're probably right. I mean, he looks like a meathead. But he's smart enough to keep up the act." Ayka glanced to the other heads around the cafeteria. A blonde woman with locks extending far down her back, Clarabella, from House Gavenia, if she was getting her nobles right. The small figure of Lanthane's sister, Vivian. The brooding face of a white haired man. A tall blond, perhaps a mercenary...or a criminal...or a poor soul thrown in here by accident. You wouldn't know. What she was sure of is that there were plenty of people that didn't deserve to be in here.

Lanthane sighed, leaning his head on his hand. "You know what I regret, Ayka?" The woman looked questioningly to him, and he pouted, "Not whoring and drinking more." He couldn't help but smirk afterwards, knowing that kind of talk would get a rise out of Ayka. She narrowed her eyes, then raised her hand in a swift motion, though, Lanthane was quick to shift away from the hand. She pulled it back.

"You're lucky I can't strike you in here."

Adalbrecht Cocksburrow
The Abyssal Dungeon
c859a6aba32473d1905e172536e51eac.jpg
It hadn't been a good day.

Not that any day was a good day.
Especially here in the prison he dreamt about being in only in his nightmares, typically after one of his aunties told him they would ship him off here when he was being bratty. That or boot camp. Or the wooden spoon. He only had to be told once often or not, espeacially after he had gotten the wooden spoon on the bum... In truth he more or less stayed away from doing bad things because he didn't want to make anyone angry or sad.

A far jump to where he is now, a dark knight imprisoned for alleged "heresy," bastards were preparing to cut their way into his home from the start... At least he saved his people from that group of sloppy butchers! Truly, excessive religious doctrine makes one a terrible swordsman. Not that he was any master... In either of his combative facets. But here he was, having to deal with the bullshit from the guards and that gods damned nasally rat Maxwell. It took ever single ounce of his will power to not yell at the man or attempt to punch him in his weak snivelling face.

...Though thats the dark knight talking...

"Hey man, you okay?" a gigantic scared man still in massive chains and manacles asked the noble man. "Ah?" Adalbrecht rose an eyebrow and scratched his forehead. "You gotta relax... Take your time and breath, meditate on life.." the big man's voice was as deep as the abyss, and had a metalic ringing sound from behind the metal contraption atop of his head, a small slot enough to fit water and food within. "My appologies Killmonger, I was lost in my inner darkness." Adalbretch admitted to the man, who nodded solemnly.

"I understand that, but self care is important, remember, we are all here for you." the behemoth attempted to comfort the much smaller man, as another pipped up. "Yeeeeeees! You should remember that we're all in this together!" said a voice that was like nails on the chalkboard and high pressure steam escapeing a broken pipe at the same time. And honestly, the person the vocie belonged to looked like it as well, skinny and rat-like. "Weeeeee are all friends here in the Healthy Abyssal Living Club! Heheheh!"

Not to long ago he had been approached by this group, in truth, he was pretty certain he was going to have his nethers remade when the group of five came upon him.... But it turned out they were a ray of sunshine in this dark place. Helping people, making makeshift bandages, teaching people ways to eat slop without throwing up. Many tips and tricks to make life more or less bearable down here.

And the most important lesson was, never ask why somebody was down here.

They were also the resident head of the "Anti-bullying" squad... So... Maybe prison really did reform people? From whatever they were before. If they ever got out he'd offer them a parcel of land to work on, build something for themselves...

The man sighed at this thought. If he ever got out of here at all...

....Was that woman looking at him for a second? She was rather pretty... Wait was something wrong with his hair? Did he have bed head again!? he thought he damn well tamed that damn cowlick this morning! Conversations rolled on around him as he turned to his meal...

It was that time of day again...

Remember what you were taught Adal. Back straight, head tilted, bowl up and shovel it in as fast as possible. All in, get every bit, ignore the smell, ignore the tongue curdling taste and texture, keep going, half way there, force through, feed the fire in your belly so that the flames extend the shadows!

And done! he placed the bowl down... Ready for the SECOND part of the battle...

Keeping it in....

Lady Clarabella of Gavenia

One by one, prisoners from across the country were dragged into the dank, filthy cafeteria, led in shackles and pushed around by heavily armed soldiers.
There were many reasons why they were there, paupers who stole to feed their families, psychopaths who killed for pleasure, Faurey clansmen captured in a war long since past, and more recently, nobles who had been deemed enemies of the kingdom's new regime.
One particular noble girl stepped into the inhospitable room, her long, silken hair trailing behind her like a long, golden shroud.
She seemed but a small child, when compared to the great and terrible men and women around her, and yet there were few among them who stood so proudly, her head still held high, despite the prisoner's rags she wore, and her steps still filled with a serene, resolute purpose, despite the chains wrapped around her ankles.
Allegedly, she was caught sneaking into a town on one of her family horses, and from there, she was subsequently captured.
A pair of guards approached her as she took her seat, malicious intent obvious in their steps, and in their faces.
Ever one to take pleasure in bringing suffering to those of high pedigree, and viewing her continued dignified mien as a willful act of defiance against the bleak, soul-crushing melancholy of his dank, decrepit prison, the mad second-in-command had made a concerted effort to break the highborn girl's spirit, even offering a healthy gil-purse to whomever among his crew could successfully reduce her to tears.
A bounty that still had yet to be claimed, and if the frosty, stalwart glare Clara gave the two guards as they approached was any indication, today was not the day that would change.
Not that that would stop them from trying.

"Hehe! If it ain't the lil' Gaven girl! Does the missus find our cuisine to be to your satisfaction?" One of the guards mockingly jeers, stooping low to look into her glass-colored eyes.
At first, she says nothing, not even bothering to acknowledge his existence, before daintily wiping her mouth off on a small patch of cloth, and giving the guardsmen a sideways leer.
"Frankly..." the young duchess replies, her voice calm, weighted carefully with a measured, diplomatic sophistry that contrasted sharply with her youthful appearance.
"...I must say that it is quite unlike anything that I have ever imbibed upon."
She takes another delicate sip of her gruel, taking care to dash the slime quickly down her throat before her senses could be assaulted by it's repulsive flavor.
Taking a wry peek at the twin guardsmen, she finds her efforts rewarded with a matching pair of hideous, snarling grimaces.
It seems that she'd disappointed them. For shame.
Their spirits didn't stay low for long, however, a nod between the two, a silent exchanging of thoughts, and then their attention was back on the girl, wicked smiles back, and on full display.
"Weeell, if that's the case, how about we add some fancy, exotic garn-ai-shes to spice it up for you?" one of the guards sadistically chuckles, before reaching into his pocket, and pulling out a tightly clenched fist, the faintest sound of whatever was clutched within crunching within his grip.
With an
exaggerated gesture, he unfurls his palm, sprinkling Clara's bowl with a fetid topping of crushed dungeon crawlers, severed legs and wings still twitching with life as they swam in the viscous glop.
Taking a firm clasp of her shoulder, the second guard leans intimately close, whispering mockingly in her ear, "It's the least we could do, in exchange for your family's oh-so-generous donation to the cause."
With one last howling cackle, the pair walk off, leaving the noble girl alone once more at her table, her face stone-eyed and emotionless, staring deep into her ruined gruel, while her hand trembled in anger, tightly clutching her spoon until her knuckles were bleached stark-white, their parting words still stinging in her ears.
Just how much longer could she last in here?
Orikanyo Orikanyo Arcanist Arcanist InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Gathered at the Temple of Cranes Hibiki, Naoko and Seiichi attended the rally. Seiichi hung on to every word doing nothing to hide his overflowing rage, while Naoko grasping the hands of her companions looked back and forth between Hibiki and Seiichi with worry and concealed fear. Hibiki looked at Naoko and Seiichi with a flat expression but warm eyes ignoring the speech he thought about the recent turn of events.

Hibiki, Naoko and Seiichi were about to embark on another extermination, some Ballistic Chicken's had been making trouble again near a small farming village eating some of the livestock and given that their group was in the area they got the task. As soon as they were about to head out the Tiger clan began it's purge, The door of the inn was suddenly kicked in and Seiichi was barely able to raise his shield in time to stop the blade of their attacker.

Recovering from the shock, the party properly got into their positions Seiichi as vanguard Hibiki to his left and Naoko behind them ready to tend to any injuries. Hibiki and Seiichi looked each other and nodded, without a word Hibiki got behind Naoko. With a shout Seiichi slammed into the Samurai staggering him and putting the other Samurai behind him off balance. Using that momentum Seiichi continued to charge through their attackers at least a dozen with Hibiki following up Seiichi by stabbing the stunned enemies in their way with skilled precision even Naoko started hitting some of the enemy samurai with her staff. Like this they broke through their attackers and fled the village with the intention of vanishing into the forest.

They successfully lost their attackers and stopped to rest "Who the hell did we piss off this time? Attacked by a dozen unmarked Samurai so suddenly and in the open at that!" Seiichi exclaimed

Hibiki shook his head, "I don't know but now that everything has settled down I just realized, there were no civilians on the streets besides our fighting I never even heard any signs of panic."

Seiichi and Naoko looked at Hibiki stunned but came to the same realization. " We better tell the Rat clan, they might want to know about this" Suggested Naoko.

Just when she suggested that they heard a familiar squeak. A white rat could be seen running towards them a piece of paper on it's back and blood covering it's otherwise pristine white fur. No one said a word as it approached Hibiki with a light squeak. They were taught about the significance of the color of rats used brown was common orders and requests, black secret priority orders and white was for emergencies. Hibiki took the paper and read the note, puting the note in his pocket he coldly looked to his companions, "The Rat Clan is being hunted to the last by the Tiger Clan. The letter says any survivors are to rush to the Temple of Cranes immediately."

Hibiki returned to reality as the rallying speech ended, looking towards his close friends and retainers a quiet fire burned in his eyes. The other day he confirmed from another survivor that his teacher Hiroto was one of the victims of the attack. With that quiet fire in his eyes he gestured for Naoko and Seiichi to follow.

Locke’s face scrunched up at the shrill cackle of the skinny-ass bastard. Baring his teeth a little, he promised to himself that one day, he was going to break him over his knee like a damn stick. The guards didn’t shove him along too much because his elbow had slipped last time—that was what he had told one who had tried to get rough with him. His elbow still hurt too. Locke walked over to the cafeteria line with a large, fake grin on his face.

“Woo-wee what do we got here? Nice hot porridge with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a knob of melted butter?”

Other prisoners were looking at him as though he was crazy. The noble had finally lost his marbles. He set before the server his bowl. “Fill it all the way to the top!”

Again, a few prisoners were glancing his way with upturned lips and wrinkled noses. Either Locke had mastered how to eat the goop or maybe he had done what some of the crazier prisoners had done and burned their taste buds off with a candle.

The fat, warty and crusty (was there even enough adjectives for this creature?) cafeteria man cracked a snaggle tooth at Locke before he dumped two large helpings into his bowl. The white, quivering goo spilled a little over the side and slapped the floor like liquid shit as the man handed the bowl back to him. Locke raised it to his nose and flared his nostrils just inhaling the funky paste.

“Mmm; just like mama used to make.”

The sellsword followed the shifting line until a loud clatter announced an accident. Locke stopped to regard the revolving bowl on the floor, the downed pathetic form of a tripped man ( Arcanist Arcanist ), and the white slop that had been wasted. He regarded the scene as his smile shrank. He slowly blinked his blue eyes before they rolled over to regard the howling offenders. Wasted gruel…at least his portion was all right. Locke glanced down at his jiggly bowl as he reminded himself that he still had his.

Locke didn’t even take a seat at the table before he brought the bowl to his mouth and drank it down as though it were a bowl of warm milk and honey. When he had drank it down to the last glob, he tossed the bowl over his shoulder with a clay-like shatter and jogged over to the cafeteria table. He jumped on top of one, crouching low and startling another prisoner. Before the man’s eyes, Locke’s hand dunked into his bowl of white slime and shoved a fistful of the stuff into his mouth. The prisoner’s face flushed green as he clapped a hand over his mouth, watching as Locke chewed it some—how long had it been sitting there? He then proceeded down the length of the table dunking his hands into the bowls of other prisoners who weren’t quick enough to pull their bowls away. Those that did actually felt ashamed for even defending the crud. No one would have complained if Locke had stolen it.

His hand had dunked in and out of the blonde girl’s ( King Crimson King Crimson ) so swiftly that there was only a creamy depression where the bug pieces had been. The guards pointed at him and growled, “There ‘ee goes! Doin’ it again!”

The guards raced over to the tables to try and coax the crazy sellsword door only to receive a face full of slop.

“IT’S ON MY FACE! UGH! I-I CAN’T SEE!” a guard shrieked in disgust.

Another guard was bent over vomiting for some had gotten in his mouth. Some prisoners started laughing, finding the scene all too comical. They looked like hunters trying to catch a shit-throwing monkey. Who knew the slop could be used as a weapon to repel guards?

Vivian Grivois | Lyari Morcant​

Vivian had been seated for a while, staring down at the Slop that sat in her bowl like a congealed mess of burnt lumps in what was once slightly watery goop. By now it solidified just a bit into something still equally gross. As the clatter of a bowl filled her ears, she looked up, eyes zeroing in on her brother Lan as a guard picked on him. She was ready to rise from her seat when a hand gently gripped her arm, stopping her.

Her gaze landed on the young woman who sat beside her, Lyari. Ever since they had seperated from Ashe she's stuck by the Princess' side like glue. The young Morcant shook her head, and Vivian sighed softly as she sat back down. Luckily, by then her brother had a woman coming to his aid.

For a moment, when the woman's eyes fell to her, Vivian gave a small nod as if in thanks.

Things hadn't settled down for long, as the guards began to pick on yet another noble before one of the prisoners began to act out. Stifling a giggle behind her hand at the antics, she quickly took notice of the soft gagging sound of her dear friend beside her and glanced to her right then in silent worry.

Lyari had a hand to her mouth to hold her own disgusting breakfast down in response to one of the guards retching. The man sitting to her left shifted slightly , leaning forward to rest his elbows on the table and blocking the girls' view of the guard in question. He was a man of nearly six feet, broad shouldered with large hands that were lightly scarred from doing some kind of work, while the left side from his cheek to above his upper lip sported what appeared to be more recent scarring, as if a cat had clawed at his face. Tan, his eyes were the color of storm clouds over blue waters. His hair was black and messy, reaching his shoulders, with two braids framing the right side of his face that had strips of blue fabric woven into them.

He had been here just a little longer than the girls, but had looked out for them during most of their time here after Lyari ducked behind him trying to avoid a guard she crossed. He let her, and some sort of odd friendship of sorts took place, and while he didn't speak much and mostly kept to himself the girls didn't mind much from their unlikely ally.

"Don't try to force it if it wins out and comes back up, better on the floor than on yourself more or less." He grunted in a low drawl to Lyari, though it was an attempt at humor Lyari seemed to consider it a moment.

"If you'd stayed with Ashe, you wouldn't have to eat this stuff." Vivian quietly pointed out. They'd talked about it before, and Lyari always gave the same response more often then not. While Vivian had been the one to insist that they split up once news of the hunt for nobles reached them, it had taken some convincing, both Lyari and Ashe had disliked the idea, but then again Vivian didn't like it much herself.

Once she was sure it was staying down, the Morcant muttered, "he'd probably be in here with you then and I wouldn't be able to find my way here to bust you out," which they both knew to be true. Vivian had asked Ashe to watch Lyari for her before she attempted to turn herself in, but Lyari had quickly turned herself in as well.

Lyari's response earned a sidelong glance from the larger prisoner beside them as he leaned back slightly, a slight shake of his head signaling the two to stop that conversation even under the sounds of chaos around them of screaming guards and laughing prisoners. So both girls easily changed the subject to the current Prisoner making a ruckus and how long it may take the guards to get him this time.

Mentioned: Arcanist Arcanist King Crimson King Crimson Orikanyo Orikanyo The Black Knight The Black Knight InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Last edited:
Adalbrecht Cocksburrow

"...Guess the clowns are at it again." the nobleman eyed the scene going on, truly this man had no idea how to not cause worse shit. he was likely going to get a beating, or worse, have his hands burned, or some other horrible punishment. Though.. Another problem came about...

it was that time of day again.

"Alright fellahs, lets begin." Killmonger spoke up, standing up straight towards the others. "it's time for the friendship hour!" the screeching one laughed, with Adalbretch only sinking lower and lower into his "i sincerely don't want to do this" look. "Come on Adal, one friend a day keeps saddness away." Killmonger chimed, before he walked off to speak to a group of folks who welcomed him rather quickly, he was a popular fellah in here after all...

The other one, who he really needed to catch the name of, started off to another table and started doing tricks, getting a few claps for his efforts...

The handful of others at the table silently scampered off as well... But...

What in hell was HE gonna do!?

he had to at least do something, he didn't want to make Killmonger sad, last thing he needed to see was that guy crying again. he just... had to go over to another table and... be friendly... Gods why was this so hard!? He was a noble, and this was definitely no ballroom or court.... Should he simply act as he was taught? What was it that father said to do when speaking to women? he wasn't so helpful with men... Holy paladin... more like closet perv.

Small wonder Mum's book had that hex front and center...

Still, he remained faithful after her death, so guess it's somewhat of a look but don't touch thing....

Explains the flock of maids...

His history tutor also had large... Personalities...

And his swordplay instructor...

Alot of people he learned and interacted with were... well equipped...

Guess hindsight is clear, dare say father had his priorities... Not that Adal could blame him...

With the final thought Adal rose from his seat, chains clinking, he eyed the room and... He wished he could say he had a target... Who would he talk to? There was that staring girl from before... But...The man she's with was odd looking... Theres two smaller girls but...The man they were with looked like a bear just waiting for something to go amiss, best he avoid them...

Then theres the young looking lady who was being picked on by guards... Then whatever that one buffoon is doing...

....One friend... thats all it takes...

Placing his platter at the return area he eyed the stareing woman again, and the man who sincerely looked like he needed a drink... Wait.. Was that gods damned Lanthane...? The whoremonger himself!? But... the smaller woman.... perhaps he had better chances there... better than allowing the guards to still take rpesidence.

Watching the commotion moving further away from the woman he began to step towards her, his eyes eyeing her for a second warily before seeing clearly who she exactly was... "...Lady Clarabella? To imagine house Gavenia locked down here as well... truely these pigs have turned the tables... Sticking noble hearts like your family in pens while they play farmer..." he sighed, solumn and sad. "... I am Adalbrecht Cocksburrow. I am... sorry... we are to meet here of all places.." best remain polite, even a dark knight is still a KNIGHT after all!

Fury on the streets, Soft as silk in the.... How did that saying father spoke of go?

King Crimson King Crimson

Last edited:
Yui Akai/Ryuichi Kubo
7d943f70b66c3d6de77cd3c17b0d796b.jpgd16f521d25140420dddeb461a1c004f4 (1).jpg

Yui gazed up at the Temple of Cranes with a sense of impatience. She watched as the large, flaming projectiles flung up to the temple, impacting the magical barrier before being rebounded straight back into the Earth below. Droplets from the lake whipped against her skin, carried by the winded impact of an occasional rogue projectile reaching out near their fleet.

She paced from spot to spot on the hull of the ship, finding a suitable position for mere seconds before her frustration began to gnaw at her, forcing her to shift around once more. Her eyes never left the image of the Temple, sitting so high and mighty in the distance. It seemed as though the building had descended down from the heavens above, melding in with the sky and the elegant clouds so serenely. A bitter feeling rose in Yui’s stomach, and she bit her lip in an attempt to quell the worried expression from breaking out upon her face. There was still no explanation about why this battle was happening in the first place, and upon such an esteemed institution nonetheless.

After an expedited, grueling trip back to the Tiger Clan from their travels out in Feurey, she and Ryuichi were met with nothing but vague excuses. There was barely any time to exchange her greetings with her family, many of whom she hadn’t seen in at least two years, let alone be offered a detailed retelling of the reasoning and decisions that lead up to the event. One moment she was home, the next she was here, staring out upon the large Temple with a sense of fire rumbling low in her stomach. Regardless of her knowledge on the situation at hand, she felt the butterfly feeling of anticipation upon thinking about such a huge battle. It was bound to be exciting.

Yui didn’t know much about the Temple of Cranes. Her only memory of the Temple was from when she was resurrected by the crystal years ago. She had awoken disillusioned, ghost traces of pain still emanating in her abdomen. Cared for and brought up to speed by the shrine maidens, her experience at the temple wasn’t necessarily a bad one. Just weird. Coming back to life wasn’t as seamless as she had expected it to be.

Strained shouting and loud commands pierced the air around her in a roar, blending into the heaving sound of the projectiles as they soared through the air to their destination. Yui’s eyes turned to the hull situated two ships to their right. She watched as Mimi stood valiantly, her armor gleaming in the light of the raining fire. The metallic surface glistened and sparkled in the whipping splashes from the lake. In her eyes, Mimi didn’t look like a villain. She looked like a liberator. Yui looked back up to the Temple with a reignited sense of vigor. If Mimi had decided to betray the other clans' trust, there had to have been a good reason for it.

Yui thought of the old man Hideki, who watched over the shrine. He must have committed some serious act of corruption or sin. Taking advantage of the crystal’s power was dangerous. Not only did it possess immense, untapped power, it threatened the Akai family’s survival. If Hideki had somehow figured out how to interfere with the crystal’s ability to resurrect––Yui clenched her fists. No, Mimi couldn’t be in the wrong about this; something dangerous must have happened for it to reach this level of involvement.

Ryuichi glanced over at Yui, noticing her frustrated disposition. “Itching to get into battle are we?”

Yui smirked. “You know I can’t turn down the opportunity for a battle this size,” She sighed. “I mean, fighting petty criminals and low level beasts just gets so boring after awhile.”

Ryuichi let out a huff of amusement. “Well, not many people itch for bloodshed like you do.”

She gave him a bratty expression before returning to her mindless meandering around impatiently. Ryuichi turned his attention back to the scene laid out before him. His gaze was hardened with skepticism. Mimi’s sudden attack on the Rat Clan came as a surprise to both of them. Now this. While Yui was quick to back up Mimi’s decisions with logic, he was never able to wrap his head around any reasoning in the situation. To attack the Rat Clan was one thing, but for Mimi to take measures this far and attack the Temple of Cranes itself? There were no explanations to defend that decision. No good ones, anyways.

Ryuichi looked out at Mimi’s ship as the warrior discussed things with an odd looking archer. Per usual, her face gave no indication of emotion or motive.
“Just what are you planning, Mimi?” Ryuichi thought to himself.

Rivienne

“O-K!” Morgan said, slupring down the last of her slop.

The orange haired woman suddenly hopped up from her seat amidst all the commotion. With Maxwell and the rest of the guards attention on Locke, she turned and began scanning the room. Maxwell was still up in his perch watching the chaos. His face was twisted with anger as he watched one man make a fool of some of the guards. The rest of the guards weren't looking very attentive either. They stood around, watching the spectacle like they were at a theater. It was perfect timing. Today was the day afterall.

Morgan approached the Feurey prisoners, and asked one thing to them. "What sort of creature waits for its own demise?"

A man with a nasty scar arching from his ear to his lip responded a few moments later. "Sheep."

With that response, Morgan pointed to Locke, then she pointed to Maxwell. They nodded, and rose form their seats, heading towards Locke like a pack of wolves. However, the Feurey prisoners switched up their expressions once they got close. They smiled and laughed, with a few hopping up on the table with him. The rest of them danced around, and cheered. One on the table whispered into Locke's ear, "My name is Minamoto. Knock Maxwell a good one for me would ya?" A moment after Locke heard this, he would feel the men on the table pick him up, still cheering.

"It's a great day today, what say all of you?!" Minamoto called out to the prisoners, holding Locke above his head with ease. Minamoto's arm were like tree trunks, but he was a little short. Compared to Killmonger, he wasn't much of anything. Nonetheless, his arms took a light green tint to them. Still sitting at a table, another prisoner from Feurey held a scrap of cloth with a symbol written on it. It was a makeshift tag for spell casting.

"So let us begin! Phase 1: Secure the Keys!" Minamoto screamed. He planted his front foot down into the table, and launched the Noble up towards the railings above. Maxwell didn't quite register the incoming body until it was too late. "WHAT THE HE-" Locke crashed into him, and the two fell in a heap. The two guards next to Maxwell were stunned, not sure what to do.

Back in the cafeteria below, the Feurey prisoners leapt upon the closest guards, using surprise and numbers to overtake them. The other prisoners were quick to join in, needing no explanation for a riot. Of course, the veteran guards on the floor were quick to draw their weapons and cut down an approaching prisoner.

Minamoto called out once again to the mass. "Phase One?!"

The Feurey prisoners responded all at once, their voices resounding throughout the room. "SECURE THE KEYS!" Their cried bounced off the dark stone, echoing down the halls. The prison break had begun, but it would only get harder from here. Minamoto repeated these words once again, this time, every single prisoner responded. Their voices rattled eardrums, and no doubt causing some headaches.

Meanwhile, The Morgan had gathered up Vivian, Clarabella, and Adal. She had a very specific set of instructions for them. Her strong arms guiding them away from the chaos a bit. "Alright you three, see that guard with the red streaks on his helmet over there? He has the keys to the cells. If we want to free the rest of the prisoners, we need to get them from him before he escapes! Once we get the keys, I want you all to go and free as many prisoners as you can, ok?" Morgan made it sound like a simple request, but it was a lot to ask of two small girls and the crazy Cocksburrow. "I'd say you should make use of your other noble friends. Royalty should stick together after all! Good luck!" With that said, Morgan smiled warmly before shuffling back into the brawl. She was quick to throw a powerful punch into the face of a guard, regardless of his helmet.

1594146596760.png

--------------------------------------------------

Feurey

As the Tiger Clan ships approached, the whirlpools began to grow. Some ship were pulled off course, and into the impending spiraling doom of the whirlpools. This was what the Tiger had prepared for though. They were prepared to lose as many ships as necessary. Another round was loading into the ship's artillery. However, instead of a blazing ball of fire, the Tiger Clan was loading glowing purple boulders. After a few moments, they were launched, and the defenders of the Crane Temple were forced to watch as the purple boulders bounced off the light barrier once again. The boulders crashed down into the earth below near the temple, with some rolling down onto the beach.

It looked like a feeble attempt at breaking the barrier, but the boulders purple glow started to pulsate, and give off a low hum. Several minutes later though, the boulders suddenly burst open, sending chunks of rock flying in all directions, likely tearing apart anyone standing too close. There was something standing where each boulder had been though, something... almost human. When the purple dust cleared, the monster was clearly visible.

It had pale skin all across it's body. It had two human heads, but where the faces would be, there was only a bloody gaping mouth lined with teeth all around from top to bottom. the heads were partially attached to one another, but they constantly pulled in opposite directions, begging for isolation. Its shoulder were extra wide to accommodate for two heads and a merged neck. The monster's rib cage broke through its skin, and its torso was thinner that it's muscled legs. The creatures arms looked as if two human arms had grown one on top of the other, with the palm of one merging with the backhand of the other. Some of the beasts had up to ten fingers on one hand, while others only retained five. The creatures let out blood curdling screams, and charged into the ranks of the Crane Clan. The Nobles at the bottom of the temple would find exactly six of them sprinting towards them with no intention to stop.

There was only one thing these creatures could be... Darkborn.​

Last edited:
Yui/Ryuichi

It was impossible for Yui to not feel a stab of guilt while looking out at the ships being sucked into the whirlpool in front of them. The wooden frames snapping and crushing under the sheer weight and force of the tunnel of water was an audible groan that pierced the air even back to where they were standing.

At this point, Yui’s mindless wandering had ground to a halt. She was left in awe at the scene before her. The fire began to dull in her stomach just thinking about the destruction and questionable measures that Mimi was seeming to be taking. Sacrificing ships? Blowing up innocent survivors and possibly Tiger troops on the ground? It just wasn’t adding up in her mind. All the teachings, all the lessons in the Tiger clan revolved around one thing, inseparable bonds.

Ryuichi looked over at her with worry furrowing his brow. There was a dying sense of pride in her widened eyes. The light from the firing projectiles reflected in the empty glass stare. He knew this wasn’t going well. What he had predicted, dreaded even, was unfolding before him at an alarmingly increasing rate. By the way Mimi was frivolously sacrificing troops, who knew when Yui would be expected to be led into the blaze as a sacrifice.

As the pair stood there, their stomachs sinking at the battle before them, the unspeakable happened. Large, purple boulders were flung up at the Temple of Cranes. They flew through the air with a slow, dreadful kind of weight to them. The projectiles crashed into the magical barrier as expected, falling to the ground with a shuddering impact.

Yui couldn’t take her eyes off the sight. When the clouds of dirt from the impact had begun to clear, menacing, almost human forms began to show themselves from the wreckage. Her heart jolted at the sight of them. Monstrous, disgusting creatures with mutated limbs. Yui’s knees seemed to buckle slightly. There’s no way that they could really be–

“Darkborn,” Ryuichi stated in awe. “Those monsters are darkborn. To think Mimi would go this far.” He clenched his jaw.

Yui had never seen his features lined with this much anger before. The look in his eyes was almost unrecognizable, sending a bolt of fear running deep into the pit of her stomach and getting stuck there, as if it had hit a pool of tar.

“Yui,” Ryuichi’s tone was stark. “I need you to listen to me.”

“Okay,” She said distractedly, her eyes continuously darting back over to the darkborn off in the distance, their forms writhing uncomfortably.

“Do you remember after you were resurrected by the crystal? What you told me?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know, something like I’d owe you something in the future. Advice I think.”

He nodded. “Yeah, advice. You told me that if a situation ever arose similar to the Guyui Bagar you would do what I said. No questions asked.”

This time, Yui looked over at Ryuichi with her full attention. Soldiers scurried around them in preparation, grabbing weapons and readying the ship for navigating the whirlpools.

“We have to betray the Tiger Clan,” He stated.

Yui scoffed. “How could you even joke about that?”

Ryuichi’s gaze hardened, but he softened his voice to avoid being heard by the soldiers passing by. “I’m not joking. I think something happened to the Tiger Clan in the years we’ve been gone. Something’s happened to Mimi. I can feel it, I know you can too. Until we can be sure what their intentions are, I think we should escape and help protect the Temple. If Mimi gets ahold of the crystal–”

“I said enough.” Yui interjected, her eyes ignited with anger. “Do you even know what you’re asking of me? To abandon my family? My parents? My whole life? Over what? Your personal doubts?”

“She’s using dark born for fuck’s sake!” Ryuichi was straining to keep his voice down. “Yui. Please. I don’t beg you for much, but you have to open your eyes with this. You’re in denial.”

Yui looked at the strained expression on Ryuichi’s face. She hadn’t seen him express this much raw emotion to her since she died in his arms. She remembered looking up into his face as her vision darkened, seeing the devastated, hopeless look cement in his eyes.

She sighed, the anger in her chest subsiding slightly. “Fine. We’ll escape. But only because I don’t know how our ship will fare against that whirlpool. But let’s get this clear,”
She pointed a finger at him. “I am not betraying the Tiger Clan. I’m learning more about the situation.”

Ryuichi sighed in relief. “Fine, whatever, I’ll take it.” he grasped her hand and quickly led her towards the back of the ship, where the rowboats were kept. They passed a flurry of soldiers shouting and running about, most carrying weapons and positioning themselves for attack. The pair blended into the frantic atmosphere of the ship easily, ducking and squeezing their way through the narrow passageways until they reached the small line of rowboats secluded from all the commotion.

Ryuichi quickly began uncovering the boat and preparing it for descent. As he worked, Yui looked back at the scurrying crowd behind them. The fear that had nestled itself in her stomach still lingered. She dreaded that Ryuichi was right about the Tiger Clan. Looking at the soldiers, their movements lined with fear instead of pride, fear that they were fodder for Mimi’s cannon of destruction–that wasn’t what she remembered at all.

The tight grip of anger directed towards Hideki and the Temple of Cranes committing some kind of corruption began to loosen and lose any sense of logic to it. Mindless lies she told herself in a desperate attempt to back up Mimi’s actions. Naive.

“Take my hand,” Ryuichi said, jolting her from her thoughts. Yui grasped his outstretched hand tightly and stepped up into the rowboat.

As they began to lower down into the water far below them, Yui’s eyes locked onto the scene of the battle commencing far in front of them. If Ryuichi was right, she’d do everything in her power to free the people under the Tiger Clan’s––no, Mimi’s––corruption. She would reclaim the Tiger Clan’s name and save Mimi from whatever force she’d fallen prey to.

The fire that had lit in her stomach earlier upon the thought of an epic battle reignited, but this time, it was directed at a different objective. She, Yui Akai, would be the savior of the Tiger Clan.

The small rowboat silently made its way through the fleet of ships, headed for the Temple of Cranes and the battle that awaited them there.

Hibiki, Naoko and Seiichi gathered at the bottom of the temple. There was an eerie sort of serenity the cries of attackers and defenders desperately cutting each other down, the crash of boulders on the temple's barrier. It seemed both very distant and very close. Suddenly for a brief moment the battle went silent, several purple boulders flew through the air crashed on the barrier and rolled back down towards the beach, fighters of both sides running out of the way.

Hibiki and his companions along with all the other noble defenders watched intently when nothing happened several of the younger less experienced nobles relaxed laughing at the failed attack. Hibiki signaled Naoko to get behind Seiichi his mind restless even as the fighting resumed on the beach. He was not the only one as the clearly more grizzled of the nobles also got in their own combat formations.

Naoko looked at Hibiki with worry, she knew he was on even higher alert ever since the purple boulders showed up. Several minutes passed and the group watched the purple boulders explode killing or maiming any within fifteen meters, when the sickly purple smoke cleared humanoid monstrosities were standing there and began charge to the temple. They killed any that were in their path with no regard to the side they were on attacks seemed only to piss them off.

Hibiki looked towards Seiichi with steely eyes "When I die focus on staying alive until I get back, do not let those things even touch you or Naoko if they do you will die, If this place even looks like it will fall save yourselves. Understood?" Naoko and Seiichi could only nod, they did not miss the implication of his words Hibiki knew he would get killed. This frightened Naoko.

Naoko fought back her tears as she watched Hibiki hurriedly set up a couple of explosive traps, and caltrops covered in Kalard Vaipar venom. It was a desperate move and the traps would not distinguish friend or foe, but looking at the beach he knew all the defenders on the beach were dead men walking anyway. Finished with his preparations Hibiki gathered a bow and arrows from a nearby archer and systematically applied Kalard Vaipar venom to each of the ten arrowheads and poured the rest of the bottle of venom in the quiver he placed on his back.

Hibiki readied the bow as Seiichi drew his katana watching the Darkborn franticly rush towards their location. Naoko could only curse at her own inability to fight and bitterly prepare to heal her two companions.

Sheridan Sasaki
Again boulders rained upon the temple, this time however the boulders radiated with dark magic. Sheridan's head snapped towards the source. She had been making her way towards protecting the mages that erected the barriers, but that would have to be done at a later time. The Darkborn in front of her had to be dealt with first. While they didn't seem to be too dangerous, Sheridan didn't want to take the risk. Her master had experimented on such creatures before in his sick research. That and perhaps maybe she would be able to obtain some useful resource, for her puppets, from the darkborn. She'd have to ask Hideki for permission to examine the darkborn.

Enough of thinking, now was the time for action. Lifting up her arm, she pointed towards the darkborn. "Rend, slaughter, kill them." She said in a neutral tone. The three puppets, and her puppet dog who decided to opt to 'growl' at the darkborn, stopped their creaking and turned towards the darkborn. Suddenly, they made a mad dash towards the darkborn with an intent to paint the darkborn's remains onto the walls. Pushing past, running over, and throwing all opponents and allies alike from their path, they charged at the darkborn. There were three puppets, six darkborne, and many other people. Her master's puppets could probably handle the darkborn, though it was a little reckless of her to send them all in. Then again, these weren't her puppets so she didn't exactly care if they came out broken or not.

The puppet with the chain and ball stopped shortly before the darkborn. It began to swing it's the chains rapidly, causing the ball to become a blur before tossing it at one of the darkborn. The puppet with the scimitars and the puppet with the club stayed in front of the puppet with the ball and chain. They were going to ward off the darkborn in case they all rushed in at once. Granted, that might be difficult since that set off some traps before reaching the darkborn. A small mistake on the youthful, looking dark mage's part.

Sheridan decided to stay back from the battle. While she could try and help, she was sure that her dark magic wouldn't be as effective on a darkborn. They were, after all, made out of darkness. It would be like trying to wrestle with a carp except with darkness. She would have to rely on her master's puppets and her allies for this encounter. Though, while she could try to physically harm the darkborn with her magic, she'd require a lot of preparation for it. That and she didn't not deem it necessary enough to use magic.

A blink of the eye, and a blur of movement, and the black insect remains floating in her bowl were no more.
However, despite their removal, Clara still found herself resigned to pushing her serving of slop away, not so troubled by it's taste, or by any remaining chitinous surprises, but instead worried that if she were to take another bite, she would contract whatever horrid malady plagued the mind of the once proud noble who had dipped from her plate, and was now dancing atop the tables, shoveling the revolting paste into his mouth like some common beast, much to the amusement of the other prisoners.
"It is customary to hire a fool for such inane displays, not become one yourself," Clara huffed disapprovingly to herself, not sharing in their revelry.
Once, her family fought side by side with the Highwinds, and to see the heir of their once proud clan gallivanting about like an unrefined pig, for the young noble girl, was but the latest in a long list of humiliations she had to endure, and yet another reminder to the dire nature of her situation.
How long until she was like him, her mind warped and broken within these cruel walls?

It was a chilling thought, one that she mercifully had little time to brood on, as a large shadow descending upon her, causing her to look up from her defiled bowl of grey slop, and into the stormy eyes of a large, imposing youth, who decided to take the seat across from her.
Surprisingly, he recognized her, if not her family name, lamenting how they were forced into pens like livestock.
"Indeed," she curtly responds, the man's metaphor drawing unpleasant images of laid at the end of the lives of such creatures within her mind.
"It is quite a travesty, to be treated to such inhospitable conditions."
After taking a small, light sip from a cracked cup of water to chase away such visions, and collect her thoughts, she manages a small, soft smile,
"However...I will say that despite our dour surroundings, I believe we are well met, Sir Adalbrecht of Cocksborrow. Such pleasant conversation, I've found, is a rare commodity in this squalor, and does wonders to remind me that we are far more than simple beasts waiting for slaugh--"
An abrupt, harsh yell suddenly echoed throughout the cafeteria, followed by a violent crash as the foolish Highwind boy was suddenly sent flying through the air.
"W-What in the name of the Gods!?" Clara exclaimed in shock, bolting from her seat just as the body of a guardsman soared into her table, splintering the thing in two.
Before she could react further to the carnage surrounding her, a sudden surge of force lifted her off of her feet, carrying her away from the chaos.
To her surprise and horror, to her side, she could see the dark knight that she had been conversing with receiving the same treatment, lifted away in the scarred, muscled arms of some red-haired brute, effortlessly hauled about like a rag doll.

After being deposited roughly on the ground, Clara finally managed to get a good look at her newest captor.
Her face was familiar to the young noble, and like the rest of her, was scarred, bearing the visage of someone who had seen many a battlefield.
However, the scarring didn't seem to touch her bright eyes, or her enthusiastic smile, which seemed almost childlike in comparison.
...As were her manners, Clara mentally noted.
"I find it quite presumptuous of you, making such demands towards one such as I, and especially towards Her Royal Highness, without offering so much as a name..." Clara sternly chided, ruffling out the new creases formed in her clothes from being handled so roughly.
"...However, circumstances being what they are, and seeing that, at the very least, our goals are in some way aligned, I shall find it within myself to look past your transgressions for now."
Finished fussing with an unkempt dress, and with her equally unkempt savior returning to join in the brawl, Clara then turns her attention towards her other newfound, stalwart companion.
"Sir Adalbrecht, I trust that that ruffian in the red helm will be of little challenge for a man of your stature?" she asks, taking mental note of how, like her, he showed signs of being familiar with the ways of a battlefield.
The thought of shouldering such a dangerous task on just one man, a stranger at that, stung her pride. But alas, a young, dainty, maiden such as herself would have to trust in his strength.
If only she had it with her, then she could make a difference...
She must make a visit to the armory before she took her leave. Surely, it would be waiting for her there?
First, however, she had far more pressing matters to attend to, such as the young woman at her side, who similarly, had been abducted in the wake of the prison riot.
"As for you, Your Highness..." Clara began, her words, like her gaze, were steady, measured carefully with utmost respect, and carrying with them, a heavy gravitas that matched their situation.
Clara had only met the girl on a scant few occasions, from the other side of the room at extravagant banquets and balls, but never had she been this close to her; the princess of the Rivienne Kingdom.
Possibly the last...
"...You are one of the last surviving connections to the Grivois crown. As such, your safe escape is imperative above all else; leaving this place means nothing if we are only to return to a land that wishes to see us returned to these chains. I suggest you take the earliest opportunity to flee this prison, I shall take the task of liberating our comrades."

Interacting:
Adalbrecht, Orikanyo Orikanyo
Vivian, Takumi98 Takumi98
Morgan, InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Hideki Murato
Hideki.jpg

Tags: Misuteeku Misuteeku Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Pepsionne Pepsionne

Hideki had found himself on the beach among his nobles. Better for him to fight amongst his comrades than cower behind the shields being held up by their mages. He had a duty to his people, his fellow clansmen, Fubu Warui...he felt his fist clench, but let it loosen of its own accord soon after. What she had done was unforgivable, but he couldn't let that cloud his judgement in the battle ahead. The battle was already working in their favour, with the shields working effectively, the whirlpools pulling Mimi's ships into them as they broke and disintegrated, flushing away into the depths below. Yet, something wasn't quite right. Surely they would attempt to steer away, fall back at least.

And that was when it hit - quite literally, at their feet. The boulders, giving off an ominous purple glow. Hideki's hand had already firmly sat on the hilt of his katana, ready to unsheathe it at any given moment. Fissures spread through the boulder, cracking, until there came a burst, and people either dropped to the ground to avoid the scattering pieces of boulder, or had met undue ends with it. Dust rained upon them, and when it cleared, Hideki looked up, shielding his eyes all the while, only for them to widen at the sight that had appeared

"No...it can't be...!"

Darkborn. Hideous, foul creatures, nightmarish that had plagued their land, were now right on land at their blessed temple. Mimi had indeed sunk to a new low, but curious yet, how could she have gotten her hands on them, and tamed and contained them like so?

But there was no time for such thoughts. Several of the creatures that had landed let out deafening screeches, before they charged towards any sign of life on the beach. An unexpected setback to their plans, but a setback they needed to deal with, and quickly.

"Hold your ground! Show no mercy!" Hideki commanded his fellow nobles, unsheating his katana, honing in on one Darkborn in particular. This one was trailing an oversized arm over the ground, its body being pulled by its sheer weight, with not two eyes, not three, but four on its body - one on its already disfigured and weeping face, and three either side of its neck. Hideki inhaled deeply through his mouth, the stench - that rotten decaying stench - and the grotesque sight enough to make one's stomach turn in on itself.

Sheridan's puppets seemed to come in handy, for one possessing a ball and chain swung and swung, until it had been tossed at said Darkborn Hideki was focusing on. The ball crashed into chest, making it stumbling a little. Within its chest, a dent had already been made in its chest, yet, it managed to still stand. It let out another screech, and with much effort, lifted his oversized arm to strike at the puppet. Hideki took that moment to move swiftly, and strike. With the Darkborn's arm lifted into the air, Hideki moved in, slicing at its side. The Darkborn screeched again, its arm dropping with a echoing thump to the ground, completely thrown off its action. Hideki took the oppurtunity to move around it, slicing at its back, though, it would take much more than slashing at it to take it down. He kept his eye on that arm, the Darkborn's trump card, and soon, watched it suddenly rise to swing around at him. He barely avoided the swing in time, but knowing its reactions, and its speed, he could use it to his advantage.

Hideki just hoped that the other nobles could hold out, that their Temple and its inhabitants could remain unscathed too. He hadn't noticed the small rowboat that was slipping through the Tiger Clan's ships, silent and stealthy in its approach towards the shore. He had much bigger problems to focus on in front of him.
[/heightrestrict]

A blink of the eye, and a blur of movement, and the black insect remains floating in her bowl were no more.
However, despite their removal, Clara still found herself resigned to pushing her serving of slop away, not so troubled by it's taste, or by any remaining chitinous surprises, but instead worried that if she were to take another bite, she would contract whatever horrid malady plagued the mind of the once proud noble who had dipped from her plate, and was now dancing atop the tables, shoveling the revolting paste into his mouth like some common beast, much to the amusement of the other prisoners.
"It is customary to hire a fool for such inane displays, not become one yourself," Clara huffed disapprovingly to herself, not sharing in their revelry.
Once, her family fought side by side with the Highwinds, and to see the heir of their once proud clan gallivanting about like an unrefined pig, for the young noble girl, was but the latest in a long list of humiliations she had to endure, and yet another reminder to the dire nature of her situation.
How long until she was like him, her mind warped and broken within these cruel walls?

It was a chilling thought, one that she mercifully had little time to brood on, as a large shadow descending upon her, causing her to look up from her defiled bowl of grey slop, and into the stormy eyes of a large, imposing youth, who decided to take the seat across from her.
Surprisingly, he recognized her, if not her family name, lamenting how they were forced into pens like livestock.
"Indeed," she curtly responds, the man's metaphor drawing unpleasant images of laid at the end of the lives of such creatures within her mind.
"It is quite a travesty, to be treated to such inhospitable conditions."
After taking a small, light sip from a cracked cup of water to chase away such visions, and collect her thoughts, she manages a small, soft smile,
"However...I will say that despite our dour surroundings, I believe we are well met, Sir Adalbrecht of Cocksborrow. Such pleasant conversation, I've found, is a rare commodity in this squalor, and does wonders to remind me that we are far more than simple beasts waiting for slaugh--"
An abrupt, harsh yell suddenly echoed throughout the cafeteria, followed by a violent crash as the foolish Highwind boy was suddenly sent flying through the air.
"W-What in the name of the Gods!?" Clara exclaimed in shock, bolting from her seat just as the body of a guardsman soared into her table, splintering the thing in two.
Before she could react further to the carnage surrounding her, a sudden surge of force lifted her off of her feet, carrying her away from the chaos.
To her surprise and horror, to her side, she could see the dark knight that she had been conversing with receiving the same treatment, lifted away in the scarred, muscled arms of some red-haired brute, effortlessly hauled about like a rag doll.

After being deposited roughly on the ground, Clara finally managed to get a good look at her newest captor.
Her face was familiar to the young noble, and like the rest of her, was scarred, bearing the visage of someone who had seen many a battlefield.
However, the scarring didn't seem to touch her bright eyes, or her enthusiastic smile, which seemed almost childlike in comparison.
...As were her manners, Clara mentally noted.
"I find it quite presumptuous of you, making such demands towards one such as I, and especially towards Her Royal Highness, without offering so much as a name..." Clara sternly chided, ruffling out the new creases formed in her clothes from being handled so roughly.
"...However, circumstances being what they are, and seeing that, at the very least, our goals are in some way aligned, I shall find it within myself to look past your transgressions for now."
Finished fussing with an unkempt dress, and with her equally unkempt savior returning to join in the brawl, Clara then turns her attention towards her other newfound, stalwart companion.
"Sir Adalbrecht, I trust that that ruffian in the red helm will be of little challenge for a man of your stature?" she asks, taking mental note of how, like her, he showed signs of being familiar with the ways of a battlefield.
The thought of shouldering such a dangerous task on just one man, a stranger at that, stung her pride. But alas, a young, dainty, maiden such as herself would have to trust in his strength.
If only she had it with her, then she could make a difference...
She must make a visit to the armory before she took her leave. Surely, it would be waiting for her there?
First, however, she had far more pressing matters to attend to, such as the young woman at her side, who similarly, had been abducted in the wake of the prison riot.
"As for you, Your Highness..." Clara began, her words, like her gaze, were steady, measured carefully with utmost respect, and carrying with them, a heavy gravitas that matched their situation.
Clara had only met the girl on a scant few occasions, from the other side of the room at extravagant banquets and balls, but never had she been this close to her; the princess of the Rivienne Kingdom.
Possibly the last...
"...You are one of the last surviving connections to the Grivois crown. As such, your safe escape is imperative above all else; leaving this place means nothing if we are only to return to a land that wishes to see us returned to these chains. I suggest you take the earliest opportunity to flee this prison, I shall take the task of liberating our comrades."

Interacting:
Adalbrecht, Orikanyo Orikanyo
Vivian, Takumi98 Takumi98
Morgan, InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Vivian Grivois | Lyari Morcant

Vivian watched with raised brows as more prisoners were joining in with Locke, and the last glimpse she had of the chaos was the green tint to one's arms as the picked up the very man who started it all. Blinking as she suddenly found herself removed from her seat and led away from her friend she glanced at Morgan curiously. She felt a sense of familiarity from both her and the other young woman, but their names escaped her a moment. She knew the blonde, recognized her at least, but she wasn't sure they interacted much more than the occasional formality.

She simply listened to them talk and when addressed, turned her attention to Clara. She frowned softly at the noble's words and then a name came to the face.

"Surely you could use some kind of assistance in freeing the fellow prisoners?" She muttered quietly, a heaviness to her tone. The thought of being part of what remained of the crown was a weight on her shoulders, because if Lan was the only sibling who had been caught that she knew of she had no clue what happened to the other siblings who hadn't gotten away and hid.

There was really no telling what would happen upon waking at the crystal, and she wasn't sure she wanted to find out.

She wanted to help anyway she could, Clarabella was a noble yes, but she was part of her kingdom and one of her subjects, and she'd be damned if she couldn't do something to help at least a little.

"Once the opportunity presents itself, I'll go, but I want to help however I can first and foremost." She clarified, hoping that Lady Clarabella didn't take offense or misunderstand her words in any way.

Lyari had noticed Vivian be dragged off somewhere and stood to follow, but gave a surprised squeak as she was grabbed and pulled back by the man who sat beside her just as a guard flew past the two girl's now empty seats with a clang and thud of an armored body impacting the ground.

"Oh, thank you, Sir Tarkik." Lyari blinked. She wasn't sure if that guard was okay, since he wasn't moving at the moment, but was distracted from that by a hand ruffling her hair.

"Just, be careful, yeah? And drop the Sir. Not rich, just a commoner." The large prisoner sighed in relief, before his gaze quickly swept the room as he continued to talk. Lyari had done the same, then poked him in the side and pointed in the general direction of Lanthane.

"Over there." She spoke. She had temporarily lost sight of Vivian among the chaos, but she spotted the Princess' brother. At the very least she could stick by him until she found her friend again. She, admittedly, didn't know Lanthane as well as Vivian, but she knows of him. She also knew that Vivian was fond of her siblings no matter how close or distant they were.

Tarkik simply nodded and stood, while not the tallest or widest prisoner there he made it look easy to navigate through the fighting bodies of guards and prisoners, an elbow landing in the face of one guard here and another thrown over the shoulder into a fellow guard there, a before letting Lyari move past and around him to Lanthane's side.

"Your Highness..." She greeted before trailing off, now that she was here, she...didn't know what to say to him. Should she tell him that she technically lost his sister in the fighting? She knew that Vivian could hold her own well enough if things got tough more often than not, yet she didn't know if he knew.

Or if he could hold his own in a fight, she had assumed that most nobles knew basic fighting, but glancing up at the man she wasn't sure.

"Um, I came over here originally because Her Highness would of likely wanted me to stick by your side in such a situation, but I can assist you." She added. She wasn't sure exactly how she could help, but she knew she could!

Mentioned: Arcanist Arcanist Orikanyo Orikanyo InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum King Crimson King Crimson

Sheridan Sasaki
Much to Sheridan was surprise, yet it was not unexpected. The blow dealt by Sheridan's puppet had significantly damaged the darkborn, but did not kill it out right. Any normal human would have died with that much force applied to their torso. Though this was the darkborn. Beings of darkness, Sheridan would not be surprised if they were partly undead as well. As the darkborn began to approach the attacking puppet, Sheridan was about to command her other two puppets to intercept and dismember the darkborn. As much as they were powerful, they weren't clearly intelligent. Though before her puppets could make the move, Hideaki dismembered the darkborn himself. Although the darkborn lost its arm, it did not seem phased as it swung at Hideaki who narrowly dodged it.

"How troublesome." Sheridan muttered to herself. Seeing that the ball and chain do significantly no damage, in the sense that it did not die, made her realize that she might have underestimated the power of the darkborn. It would look like she would need to take in some action as well. "Paint the walls with their blood, leave no remains." Sheridan ordered. The puppets began to reacting properly. Repositioning, the ball and chain puppet moved away from the darkborn that Hideaki was fighting and began to target another puppet. One movement, it swung the ball over it's head and tossed it at one of the other darkborn in the back. The puppet with the club would join in Hideaki and try to smash the darkborn into paste by slamming it's club down. The final puppet would defend the chain and ball puppet in case any darkborn approached.

Now, Sheridan herself. Some of her spells were outright useless considering she was facing against a darkborn. Life draining, hallucinations, and darkness curses would have an minimal effect on the darkborn. Though they were still of flesh and bone. The chain and ball managed to make a good dent into the torso into the darkborn, meaning it had bones. Taking out her talismans, she threw them up and began channeling. They circled around her as she did, "I curse thee a dark path," she chanted. It would take a little while before she would unleash the spell since she needed to weaken the darkborn severely. "I curse thee a shallow grave."

Adalbrecht

c859a6aba32473d1905e172536e51eac.jpg

Truly, life can throw you a fast one without so much as a warning. Lady Clarabella seems to be one of the courtly ladies Adal tries to avoid, lots of words and pomp. Guess she has to have it given her size... Not that it was a bad thing being small, appearance wise she had a almost doll-like cuteness to her, with her demeanor giving her the true noble airs. She was unique to say the least, if only she had some... Assets to bring it all together...

Man he had been down here to long...

But now he was being dragged away from the commotion, a prison break, which he had little time to think of given the fact he was being handled like a wet sack of potatos. Ah... Now heres a nice pair of... Arms...

Yes, a very strong woman, with firey red hair and a personality to match. Granted her assets were modest, but fitted her very well.

He didn't have much time to think on this before he was set to work... Guess it was his turn to put forth his effort in this endeavor.

Broken from his thoughtfulness about the finer things in life, he was brought back to the present.

Where he was being given orders left and right.

Well.. Guess he did have the most chance to take down that guard.. "Hmmph... I suppous I shall take him down... Though the big man's idea of leaving this place peacefully has fallen through." he paused and looked to the crowd, and smiled. "...But his idea on making as many friends as possible was a good one... Espeacially during this riot, it makes team work even easier.." their plan had indeed worked, friends unlikely were now attacking in teams and together, even when driven forward by words of the new ring leader the men were supportive of one another in ways guards would never imagine prisoners would be.

Harmony... Within the abyssal prison?

Truely the brightest light comes from admist the darkness!

Adalbrecht smiled deeper with a step forward from the duo of noblewomen. Oh how long had he wished to do this? How long had he wanted to crush these pigs beneath his heel!? Ah... he can feel it coming forth... Yes... The swelling anger... The rage... THE WANTON DESIRE FOR DESTRUCTION!!!!

"Nothing... Nothing...." he lurched forwards, eyes downcast, before raising up towards his target once more. "NOTHING SHALL GET IN THE WAY OF OUR ASCENT!!" The man lunged forward like a beast, a guard fell into his path from the crowd's rampage nearby, he held little care for this man as he stepped atop of him during his rush forwards, ripping the blade from the guard's hand. "FACE MY STEEEEEL!!!" his yell was clear over the rancor of the crowd, the red helmed guard only had a moment to put his blade between Adal's and his body.

"Behave and go back to your cells! now!"

"SQUEALING PIG! I SHALL SLICE THE BACON FROM YOUR FATTY HIDE!"

"Ww--wwhat!?" the red helmed guard knew there were crazies admist these nobles, but this one was a maneater!?

"FALL TO MY BLADE!" Adal twisted his sword in his grip, bringing the blade low and sliding it up, cutting the guard across the arm. "A RIVER OF BLOOD SHALL SPILL! WEEP!" he stepped back into a stance, before twisting his sword with a flourish. "DEATHBRINGER'S STRIKE!" With a downward strike the blade bit into the man's shoulder. And with a swift kick Adal pulled his sword free, swiftly grasping the keys from his belt.

"...Lay to rest in this accursed abyss pig, this darkness shall rise once more!"

Takumi98 Takumi98 King Crimson King Crimson

Locke had a white, paste-covered hand crammed to his knuckles in his mouth when a band of Feurey prisoners joined him on the table. The blonde protectively clutched the bowl of gruel against his chest as he bore his teeth at the strangers like a defensive dog. Even as they laughed, danced around, and cheered, Locke continued to scowl until one discreetly whispered into his ear: My name is Minamoto. Knock Maxwell a good one for me would ya?

The blonde’s eyes flicked up to the imp, and a long, fox-like smile stretched across his face. His brows then shot up to his hairline when the Feurey prisoners effortlessly hefted him into the air. Locke spread his arms and tensed in surprise as the bowl of slop clattered and broke across the table and floor. Before he knew it, the little man and his friends had sent him flying through the air.

Locke’s eyes near bulged from their sockets until he saw where he was headed. He saw the blood wash from Maxwell’s face and savored it, saving it in his mind to enjoy repetitively later. What made it even more satisfying was how Maxwell’s head went between Locke’s legs, getting crotch punched in the face before the weight of the noble sent him tumbling backwards to the ground with a crash. Locke felt his ass cheeks against the guard’s face and with the tensing of his bowels, he released a loud and abrupt flatulence that the guards to his left and right felt through the floor. The “noble” leaned to his right cheek as he rode the putrid gas out until his insides were completely rid of it.

The guards began coughing and fanning their faces. Maxwell was long knocked out by his fall, but Locke was certain that fart would be lingering in his nostrils when he woke. Locke snagged a sword from the right guard’s hip, while he was distracted and used the pummel to punch the left guard across the face. The left guard staggered as the weight of his armor shifted.

“Wretched bastard!” the right guard yelled as he charged the armed knight.

Although Locke could have murdered the guard, he was a Rivienne guard, and Locke didn’t want to murder a man for doing his job. He allowed the right guard to curl his fingers like claws into the shoulders of his prison tunic before he graced him with a knee to his groin. The guard’s face instantly lit up. His eyes shrank and a burst of air left his lips as he stared dazed and creepily into Locke’s eyes. Locke calmly removed the guard’s grip from his clothes and merely walked around him over to the railing.

Locke hopped onto the rail and stared across the mess hall at all the chaos that had erupted from the prison break. He then turned his nose over his shoulder and recoiled at his own stink. Fanning the lingering fumes of processed slop and excrement, Locke muttered, “Oh god; I overdid it. I guess you could say that was a…sloppy one. Hm, hm, hm, ha, ha, ha, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!”

The knight screeched his crazed laughter into the air before he glanced down at a guard who was brandishing his sword against a group of Feurey prisoners. There was a mad glimmer in the knight’s eye. He was a predator stalking prey!—and honestly, he needed a way down. Locke crouched and lunged from the rail. He swung his feet forward and landed on the guard’s shoulders before his weight forced him to fall flat on his face. The guard had cushioned Locke’s descent as he stood on top of him, wiping his feet clean against his back as though the guard were a rug.

“LET’S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!” Locke exclaimed.

Ayka Galani | Lanthane Grivois
Ayka-Lan.jpg

Tags: The Black Knight The Black Knight Takumi98 Takumi98 Orikanyo Orikanyo King Crimson King Crimson InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum
The entire cafeteria burst out into chaotic noise, swift movement above them - that man, dancing on the tables earlier and throwing slop about like a disobedient performing monkey, had practically torpedoed towards the Warden on the next floor above them - and shouts of, "Secure the keys!" bounced off the already precarious looking walls of their prison. Guards struggled to control the raving prisoners, and some had been bold enough to brawl with them if the guards got a little too hands on.

Lanthane almost shit himself over the commotion, standing in a state of complete and utter disbelief. Sure, he knew of prison riots, and there were a few occassions when prisoners stirred up some drama - like that Locke one before he had been launched over their heads - but he hadn't thought he'd be surrounded by one to this degree. Meanwhile, Ayka clutched onto his arm, not out of fear, but an excitement she couldn't seem to contain as she bounced a little beside him.

"I can't believe it! We're gonna be part of a full-blown prison break!"

"Prison what now?!"

"Oh, I see," Ayka began, with a mock frown and tutting, "you were so distracted by the muscles on that General that you didn't even take in what that Feurey prisoner said! Phase One? Secure the keys??" She laughed, shaking Lanthane, a noble out of his depth and quite honestly afeared. "This is our ticket out of here! She must have something planned!" She gestured with her head towards Morgan and a few of the nobles she had attempted to discern earlier.

Watching Morgan converse with the nobles, the young woman - Lady Clarabella - conversing with Vivian, it only seemed to hit Lanthane in that instant. "By the Goddess, what an oppurtunity! We have to get out of here!" Though, before the two could plan their course of action from here, a younger woman stopped by his side. She addressed him genuinely, a welcome gesture after these past few weeks, though he struggled to remember where she recalled that face of hers from. As she spoke to him. The brief mention of 'Her Highness' alerted him that she knew his sister, and before Lanthane could think of answering, Ayka was the one to do it for him.

"Oh, a companion of Lady Vivian!" Ayka turned her head to Lanthane, as if to remind him. She looked back to Lyari and gave a bright smile. "The more the merrier, I say!"

"Yes, some more company wouldn't go amiss," Lanthane gave a charming smile of his own in reply.

The brawling didn't seem to be coming to an end any time soon. In fact, another man had just managed to get his hands on a sword, raving about darkness, and blood, and...pigs...? Regardless, the duo watched the sword meet its target, and in the process of its extraction, a handful of keys finding its way into the man's hands. Ayka regarded the scene with a share exhale, Lanthane winced at the delivery of blows. Well...and the choice battle lines from Adal. He always had...interesting things to say, from what he heard with those who could actually wield a sword against another person. Most men, and most especially guards, just yelled whilst running their swords through crudely made Feurey battle dummies.

"If you would like to accompany me..." Ayka hummed, gesturing for both Lanthane and Lyari to follow behind. She arrived beside Adal, tutting at the visage of the man on the ground. "Wow, you certainly did a number on that guy." She looked up to the man, oddly chirpy for witnessing a guard's death at lunch.

No sooner than she had struck up conversation, did Locke descend from the railing above, and landed on a guard, sending his face crunching into the ground. His cries for them to get out of this gods-forsaken prison resonated greatly with Lanthane. "You know what, I agree with the madman. We need to get moving!"

Attachments

• Ayka-Lan.jpg
    Ayka-Lan.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Upon Hideki's shout Hibiki loosed his arrow and Seiichi attacked. Their targets were the group of darkborn fighting with puppets and a girl invoking some sort of dark magic. Hibiki quickly ran out of the couple dozen arrows he possessed after hitting each of the darkborn with at least two arrows, so he dropped the bow and hoped that the toxin would do even a little bit to the monsters. In that moment Seiichi was already engaging a darkborn alongside a puppet with a club. Seeing Seiichi was doing okay Hibiki engaged another darkborn that managed to slip a little closer to the girl, he slashed at it's back a loud screech assaulting Hibiki's ears when he tore a shallow gash through it's torso the skin acting as a light armor

After managing to get it's attention Hibiki smiled as the darkborn swiftly swiped at him with it's thick arms each with the power to turn his bones into powder if they hit and the claws sharp enough that he was sure his armor would only just prevent a fatal wound. Hibiki dodged the attack and countered with another slash causing another scream from the abomination. Fortunately it lacked intelligence making it easy for Hibiki to read letting the back and forth between the two continue with Hibiki taking no hits thanks to his agility.

Seiichi was doing rather well in his fight as well with the puppet there it's attention was on two targets minimizing the hits he had to worry about blocking with his shield though each hit on his shield jarred his arm rattling his core. Seiichi was very glad he was fighting with the puppet he did not know if he would have been able to take constant hits from the darkborn even if it was only on the shield. Seiichi just hoped the thing would die his shield was already showing signs of breaking.

Naoko did not participate directly in the fight but she used her magic to keep Hibiki and Seiichi healthy and in fighting condition. Most of her focus was on Seiichi, healing his bones and muscles as they strained against the strength of the darkborn. She did not know if her friends could keep up with the insane tenacity of these darkborn, she could only pray that they could hold on

Phase 1: Secure the Keys

The guards in the cafeteria were taken down quickly thanks to the sudden camaraderie of the prisoners. Even Morgan was surprised it all went so smoothly as she looked upon the fallen bodies of numerous guards. Some had been killed, others had been knocked unconscious. As much as the Ex-General hated slaying her own people, they were pawns of the church, so she couldn't go easy on any of them. Taking a deep breath, Morgan ran her fingers through her hair and snatched the keys from Adal's hand. "Good work, Cocksburrow." She said with a grin.

Morgan's muscles flexed as she raised the keys above her head. "This is Phase One! Now, while we free the rest of our enslaved brothers and sisters, our noble friends will take the guard's pathways to crush our captors between our combined might!" With that said, the door leading from the canteen to the hall was torn of of its hinges by some of the stronger prisoners with a loud crash and a vocal roar. The prisoners surged into the hall, sprinting forth like darkborn infestation.

Before Morgan followed them, she turned to the nobles. "I don't care how many of you come with me, but some of you need to go through those guard halls as quick as you can. If y'all don't take them guards from behind, I'm fear'n we'll be annihilated. The Warden is damn sure to have set up a defensive line by now. So... go!" Morgan yelled at them before jogging after after the rest of the prisoners.

Now alone, the nobles had to make their way through the narrow upper pathways. Normally getting up to them would be incredibly difficult, part of the walkway along the wall had broken off, giving the group a slope to climb up. Once up there, the group would be able to move along the path until they came upon Maxwell and his two bodyguards' unconscious bodies. Locke's deadly gas had still incapacitated them. They shifted as if they would wake up soon. Behind them was the a door that would lead them all the way to the first checkpoint. It was there that they needed to flank the guards or else every single prisoner would be killed as soon as they tried to enter the first checkpoint.

When the nobles did decide to head down the hall, they would eventually meet with a small group of guards coming to meet them. There were three guards armed with a sword and a simple buckler who seemed very surprised to suddenly come face to face with such an odd group. After a moments hesitation, the three guards would charge forward with their blades ready to swing. They weren't above beating down young little noble girls either if they had come this way.

The main group of prisoners had gone to rescue their brothers that were still in their cells. Before Morgan even got there with the keys, they had pryed some of the bars open enough for them to slide between. Whatever guards were in this long room were rushed and beaten. There were about three levels to this room. Each was lined with cells, and the prisoners swarmed them all. On the bottom floor was a large metal door, the one leading to the first 'checkpoint'. Sometimes the prisoners would be allowed free time there in small groups to get some physical activity, but that hadn't happened in a long time.

Suddenly, a rumble could be felt all across the prison. It cam from above them, on the surface. Something was happening up there, something loud.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feurey

Despite the darkborn being taken down relatively quickly, they did their job of not only tear holes in the Crane defensive line, but demolishing their spirits as well. They dark malformed corpses stunk like a long killed animal. However, the real threat had just arrived. The first Tiger Clan boat had just made to the island. Without hesitation, Tiger Clan soldiers lept off the ship, and into the shallow waters beneath.

Another ship reached the island, and another ground of soldiers hopped out. Most of the tiger clan's army were made of three simple types of soldiers. The first was a man with a katana and a wooden shield. The second were the spearmen, and the third were the archers. Still on the boats, archers began their rain of arrows down onto the beach like a black cloud of death. Moments after the first volley, the troops charged. Spearmen led the charge their goal to skewer any poor souls caught unprepared. Behind them were men with shields, and behind them were more spearmen. There were at least one hundred soldiers on the beach from those two ships alone, and more had yet to land. If one were to gaze out to the lake, they would see what looked like a never ending wave of ships, dotting the lake like dragonflies.

Because of the holes the darkborn had made in the Crane defenses, a number of Tiger Clan troops were able to progress directly to the temple with little resistance. A small group had made it up towards the temple. Five spearmen, three men with shields, and two archers. The archers were trained to fire at magic users, so they could recognize them at a glance. One fired an arrow at Naoko, and the other fired an arrow at Sheridan. If the girls were paying any attention, they would see the archers turned to aim at them. Of course, the archers kept their sights set on the two even after they fired in order to keep the pressure on them.

Meanwhile, the other eight troops would have to be taken head on. If the nobles failed, then the temple would be lost before anyone even realized it.

Back down on the beach however, another ship had just landed. Hopping off of this one was Mimi Akai, Shetook in a deep breath, and glared up at the temple. It was so close now. So very close.

Sheridan Sasaki
Despite the effort they put up the darkborn made against her puppets and her allies, they were eventually put down before Sheridan could complete her spell. What a wasted effort, she felt that she needed to- "Urk!" A sudden arrow plunged into her shoulder before she hid behind cover. It seemed like the darkborn managed to distract them long enough for the main army to enter in the fray. Blood seemed into her white clothes as she winced in pain. Her talismans still floated into the air lying still due to the ceased chanting. Though now that she had a target, she'd get she could finish her spell now. "Let your path be plagued with misery and pain, let that path become faded away in an instant. Lost Time," With a simple gesture her talismans burned black before dissipating into the air.

The archers would suffer from sudden aging as their bones became weak, hair started to fall off, and skin became wrinkled. This spell was supposed to be used on the darkborn so that breaking them would be much more easier, but sadly that wasn't the case. Sheridan winced as she slid back behind cover and held onto her now arrow embedded shoulder. While she could care less about dying, the pain was more irritating to deal with. She had no healing spells and even if she did, she didn't know whether it was okay to remove the arrow. Though it was irritating her a lot, so she might as well get rid of it. Commanding her puppet dog at her side, she made it forcefully remove the arrow. She hissed at the sudden removal of the arrow before moving on. Despite the injury, she could cast more spells, and command the puppets.

There were no shrine keepers so she doubted that any of them would be able to remove the curse from the archers. That being said, she ordered her puppets to turn their attention to the squadron. The ball and chain puppet tossed its ball at the front row soldiers, if any were dumb enough to try and block their attack then they'd be crushed by the incoming ball. The double scimitar puppet began charging in. It held out it's swords from front to back before it's arms started rotating around its body. Becoming a deadly spin top, it began to charge into the front line in an attempt to shred whatever front life they had left. A little rash on Sheridan's part, the puppet had a chance of getting destroyed but it didn't matter to her. The club puppet just retreated back in case any would attack Sheridan.

"Now what to do with this..." She muttered to herself. Pressing her hand onto her shoulder she tried to apply pressure. If she remembered correctly, it was to prevent blood from gushing out or something. She didn't know. All she remembered was piercing corpses with a needle, not the other way around. Regardless, they were in a bad position. The Tiger Clan's armies were going to swarm the temple if this kept up. Taking a few more talismans she thought carefully of her next spell, "I guess I'll try to use this," She muttered to herself. While injury inflicting spells were not apart of her spell list, she still had some spells that could do ti.

Yui/Ryuichi

“Um, Yui? Do you think you could help me paddle?” Ryuichi looked up at Yui’s figure as she stood at the front of their small row boat valiantly, her eyes glued to the battle a ways in front of them.

She looked back at him in confusion before her expression softened apologetically at the sight of him struggling to keep the boat moving in a steady direction. “Oh–right, sorry.” Yui sat down and began rowing her set of paddles as well, speeding the rowboat through the water swiftly.

Now back on track and moving at a reasonable pace, Ryuichi focused his attention out toward the worsening scene in front of him. In the distance he could make out vague figures battling the writhing, unseemly forms of the darkborn. A chill went up his spine as he watched the monsters’ inhuman movements.

One particularly small group caught his attention, as their attacks seemed unflinching and full force against the frightening creatures. As Ryuichi looked closer at the group, he could make out a young girl in command of what looked like wooden puppets. The puppets' movements were stiff and erratic, zipping quickly to break through the thick skin of the monsters. There was also a trio of skilled fighters taking on a darkborn close to the girl, charging in headlong against the beasts using brute force and support enhancement from a mage. Ryuichi’s eyes widened as they landed on the final form that completed the small group. An older looking samurai, whose movements were lined with skill and age. From his clothes and body movements, it could only be one person–Hideki.

“Yui,” Ryuichi said suddenly. “Aim for that small group on our right. Hideki is there, we should help them fight those darkborn.”

Yui nodded, her smooth hair whipping in the increasing wind surrounding the approaching whirlpool. She looked back at Ryuichi briefly. “Any ideas how you want to get around that first though?” She pointed innocently at the rapid, crushing force of water beginning to get closer by the second.

He looked at her blankly, his paddles going stagnant in a moment of pure lapse. “Um–I don’t know?”

This time Yui whipped around to stare at him fully. “You’re the one who suggested we ride on up there to defend the crystal! What do you mean you don’t know?”

Ryuichi just shrugged before scratching his dark hair absently. “I mean I didn’t think that far ahead. I was too focused trying to come up with a way to convince you to switch sides–I was kind of banking on you figuring it out. This isn't exactly my choice scenario.”

Yui’s eyes flared up in anger, her temper getting the best of her. As the two bickered back and forth, one of the large ships from the Tiger Clan fleet began to peel off and was headed straight in their direction.

“Wait–” Yui interjected, cutting Ryuichi off mid-sentence. “I have an idea,” She smiled deviously.

Ryuichi’s stomach dropped. Usually the sight of that smile meant nothing good for him. He turned back to see what she was talking about, his features paling at the site of the hulking ship grazing by dangerously close to them. The waves caused by the movement of the huge ship unapologetically shoved their boat around in the water.

With no hesitation and a quick metallic flash, Yui unsheathed her katana and plunged it deep into the side of the wooden ship. With a sharp lurch, their pitiful rowboat steadied out and began speeding through the smooth water. She shot Ryuichi a wide, prideful smile at having successfully hijacked the larger ship’s tactics to avoid the roaring whirlpool ahead. As soon as they cleared into safer, more shallow waters, Yui dislodged her sword from the ship, using that momentum to push them off into the direction of Hideki and the small group fighting with him.

In mere seconds of Yui’s boots hitting the soft sand of the beach, she was off, running headlong into the battle laid out in front of her. Her eyes were wild with excitement as she yelled out to Hideki and the others, “You guys need some backup?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back