• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Book Of Shadows: Chapter 1 the Unexpected Journey

"Come on," Ophelia said, shaking her head as the sound of pounding hooves drew steadily nearer, "we have to go; the Queen is on the move." The siren approached a tree, and knocked on the trunk, revealing an opening big enough for them to fit through. As Jason started to wake up again, Zelphar shapeshifted back to his usual childish body, steadying the former and leading him towards the compartment.

"In, all of you." Ophelia commanded, ushering the humans inside the tree, which contained a little room. Jason was too stunned to say anything in response, but he had regained his senses, and hurried in without help. Zelphar followed, and Ophelia closed the door. Suddenly, those inside the tree heard a female voice begin to converse with the siren, and Zelphar knew who it was. The Queen.

"Ophelia, my dear siren," she said. The boy could hear the evil grin on her lips. "I felt a disturbance in my land, and I smell human blood." Jason almost fainted again. This joke was seriously getting out of hand. "It's why I'm out here, your Highness," Ophelia responded, "I felt it too. I saw six of them." Zelphar almost screamed, "You dirty traitor!" but restrained himself, luckily.

"They were headed south." the siren finished, and Zelphar suddenly felt a bit ashamed. He also felt grateful, and would have to ask her why she did so, at a later time. "I didn't follow, for I knew your trees and says would," Ophelia added; a nice touch. "Carry on, my dear one." the Queen said, and Zelphar held his breath. He wasn't sure they were in the clear yet.

Ophelia watched the queen and her driver dash off in her sleigh. Ophelia leaned on the tree and watched. When the coast was clear Ophelia opened the trunk up and half of them tumbled out."well now isn't that pitiful."Ophelia said with almost a delightful grin. She was majorly twisted. "Best get them to Kardof as quick as we can. The tree's and her spies will soon know the truth."Ophelia says and helps the other's out.Ophelia was not a creature of habit. So for her to even be thinking of helping the humans was causing treason for her.

Ophelia looked at the forest and whistled and almost haunting tune.She smiles when a light shines as if making a path" and there is our short cut to Kardof. "Ophelia says." Though we should get the humans coats of sorts. Tell me humans was it snowing back in your world."Ophelia asked. She knew the answer by looking at there summer pajamas.

Irish Ice Queen

Savvy was utterly confused at this point. She had heard a woman speaking to the rude lady she had encountered upon waking up in this strange world. Instead of fighting things, she decided it would be better just to go along with everything. Ophelia had reopened the tree and Savvy watch most of the group fall out, she chuckled a bit to herself. After the others had picked themselves up, she followed suit walking after them. Ophelia had asked had it been snowing back home, Obviously it was not snowing, considering they were all wearing summer clothing.

"Considering that most of us here are wearing light clothing, the answer is no." the words left Savannah's lips cold and emotionless.

Damon was looking around when all the sudden he was in the snow. The very cold wet snow. He sighed pulling himself from the ground again speechless. He followed the rest of the crowd, staying in the back. Jason had woken back up, and was now carrying his own weight. The where walking along for a while then suddenly this light had appeared in the snow almost leading the way. He shivered, his teeth slowly beginning to chatter. He had dressed in sweat pants and a tee, however he did not sleep with shoes or socks, which after this he believed he might start sleeping in normal clothing shoes and all.

Zelphar heard the Queen's sleigh driving away, and a moment later the door to the tree popped open, sending Jason to the ground. "Well now," Ophelia grinned, almost smirking, "isn't that pitiful." Jason glared at her but held his tongue. "Best get them to Kardof as quick as we can." Ophelia said, "The trees and her spies will soon know the truth."

As the siren began to assist the humans, Zelphar nodded his thanks. Not only for helping them up, but for tricking the Queen and for helping them at all. Ophelia whistled an odd tune, and then smiled as a path seemed to light up. "And there is our shortcut to Kardof," she said. "Though we should get the humans coats of sorts. Tell me, humans, was it snowing back in your world?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "It was somewhere..." he muttered sarcastically. "Considering that most of us here are wearing light clothing, the answer is no." Savannah stated coldly, and the teen smirked. Zelphar examined the humans' clothes. "Yes," he agreed with Ophelia, "We will need to get them new clothes, or at the very least something to keep them warm, in this weather."

Ophelia smiles and shook her head." Well there is your answer about where you are this is not Ea-rth or where ever your from."Ophelia went into the tree and came out with seven coats and seven boots."here take these, you will all need them especially."Ophelia says.

Ophelia handed one coat to Zelphar, "figured out of all of us you be cold considering your the closest thing to human."Ophelia says. Ophelia smacked Jason on the back of the head."manners I am sure you had them in your world."She says coldly.Ophelia walked away as the teens put the coats and boots on. Ophelia stood at the edge as she looked around, she kept her ears open for any thing on it's way. Her breath caught in the air freezing. Ophelia turned." Lets move humans, dont have all day."Ophelia says

Irish Ice Queen

"Well," Ophelia smirked, shaking her head, "there's your answer about where you are. This is not 'Earth' or wherever you're from." Jason froze. He hadn't thought about that. The 'siren' emerged from the tree bearing coats. 'Mildly convienient...' Jason thought, but he didn't dare say anything. If they really were in 'Allegon', or whatever, he figured he shouldn't be a smartmouth.

"Here, take these." Opehila continued, "You will all need them especially." She handed one to Zelphar, and he nodded again. "Figured out of all of us, you would be cold, considering you're the closest thing to human." Zelphar offered a smile. "Thanks; are you sure you don't want it?" Jason felt a smack on the back of his head, and he rubbed it, glaring. "Ow!"

"Manners-- I am sure you had them in your world." Ophelia stated coldly. So much for keeping from being a smartmouth. He bit his tongue to keep from yelling, and he forced himself to put on the boots and the coat. "Let's move, humans," Ophelia said, watching out at the land. "Don't have all day." Jason almost muttered, "All night," but managed to keep it just in his head. "Indeed," Zelphar agreed, looking at Althusar.

Savvy jerked the boots and coat from her throwing them on. She had never been one for the be nice to others campaign. Beginning to warm up as they traveled she listened to the others around her talk. This place was continually getting stranger by the moment. She wondered when they would get to where they were taking the students.

Damon thanked Ophelia for her offering of the coat and boots, finally his feet could warm up, unfortunately he believed he may have frost bite on a few toes. He spoke softly, " How much longer?" He question really anyone whom would have an answer from him. It seemed like they where on a never ending journey, one that would seemingly end most of there lives. All because of one Kid finding something he should have never stumbled on.

Ophelia shrugs" not long just follow this lit up trail, trust me you won't free now. Those are made of Wanewolf fur."She says

Ophelia looked at Zelphar when he offered the coat."No thanks I dont feel the cold. Plus the cold feels good on my skin."She says her breath clung in the air heavily. She trudged along in her pants knee high boots and corset top. She kept trudging through the snow.She looked around, as the stopped over a ridge at a wide looking almost sea."almost there just cross the river and it should be in a clearing just beyond on that I can see the smoke rising from kardofs camp" she says

Irish Ice Queen

"How much longer?" asked one of the others, Damon, if Jason remembered correctly. "Not long," Ophelia replied, shrugging. "Just follow this lit up trail; trust me, you won't freeze now. Those are made of Wanewolf fur." Jason had no idea what 'Wanewolf fur' was, but apparently it would keep him warm in this stupid tundra, so he remained silent.

"No thanks," the siren replied to Zelphar, "I don't feel the cold. Plus, the cold feels good on my skin." The kid shrugged and put on the coat, all around thankful to get out of the weather. As Ophelia began to walk forward, she looked over before saying, "Almost there; just cross the river, and it should be in a clearing just beyond that."

Zelphar joined her by the edge and nodded his agreement. "I can see the smoke rising from Kardof's camp," she finished, and the boy looked at the humans. "Do you think you can walk that far?" he asked, and Jason nodded. "Yeah, sure, how hard can it be?" Zelphar nodded, though a little skeptical. "The river is frozen, I believe..."

Savannah was glad to see smoke rising from the camp, that meant there was fire, and fire meant warmth.

Can you walk that far?

Zelphar had asked them, "oh hell yeah, there is fire and right now that means that I will surivive the cold." Savvy chose her words carefully, they would likely get out of the cold into another prediciment. It didn't look too far, but it was becoming apparent that in this world things are never what they seem.

<3

(Sorry been working and sprained my ankle at work yesterday and made it worse at work today. I shall reply later )

Irish Ice Queen

Ophelia walks them along to the river.She stopped at the edge and tested the ice. She walked on it gently. She started to trudge across the river. It was a bit of a walk but was easy.She finally stopped on the other side and waited on the humans and Zelphar. She bit her bottom lip as she kept an ear out for any of the queens spies.they would be at the camp in no time well at her pace not the humans pace.

Irish Ice Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelphar said nothing as they walked, then paused and waited while Ophelia tested, then crossed the ice of the river. When she reached the other side, the young shapeshifter turned and looked at Jason. "After you," he said, and the human grunted. "Fine." he muttered under his breath, before making his way towards the frozen terrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back