• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood poisoning (closed. if many are inteeested we can try a group. just shoot a pm)

"It's good." Said Nick but it was hard to tell if he was still delirious or joking like he normally did. "I want to go to bed. I'm sleepy." He paused for a moment before adding something he probably never would have dared said. "I don't want to be alone. Would you care to... to sleep with me?" He thought about it for a second and then realized how it came out. "I mean actual sleep, not sex.... I wouldn't ask that, I just.... I don't want to think about her. And I think you're great." His face turned a dark scarlet as he blushed and there was no hiding it from anyone. He had finally bad it down the stairs and held the second door, the one to his room open. The open space down there was were the washer and dryer where, which he didn't mind. All that he cared about was the dark room that stayed cooler than the rest of the house, and the fact that it wasn't up a flight of stairs. "Ta-Da." He aid in soft voice. "Knew I could get down here without falling." 

Elira felt the blood rush to her cheeks, almost losing her footing on the last step. She let his words sync in, biting her bottom lip. "I-I know what you mean." She murmured,  moving down the steps after him. She messed with the hem of her shirt, unable to meet his gaze. Elira took a huge breath, letting the loose strands of her hair that weren't in the ponytail curtain her face. 

"Right. Great." She whispered, still fidgeting with her shirt. Elira looked around his room, it had a distinct Nick feel to it. A weak smile came to her lips, finally forcing herself to meet his gaze. 

"I mean if you don't want to that's okay." Said Nick as he rubbed his arm with h's good hand. Still not all the way there Nick laid down as if he was about to sleep, still in his normal clothes. He didn't mind, the clothes had stayed clean during the fighting after all. "So you were a lone wolf before us?" Asked Nick curious. He had never asked her story before, it seemed to personal of a question, but curiosity got to him at last. He was laying there, his right arm, the one with stitches stuffed between the pillows and under his head. He normally slept on his right side as to keep an eye on everything else which mentis back was nearly pressed against the wall.

Night had fallen by the time Thorne made it home, perhaps about ten or so. Thorne had never bothered with keeping time very religiously, it was how he was raised, he only looked at the clock when he needed to, not when he wanted to. It would still be a few hours before Tina made it home but he was two tired to wait for her. If he hadn't stayed up so late last night he would have been okay. He went into their room, one that had cages all along most of the walls, each with a different amazing animal in it. Then on one corner was a very net and organized bookshelf. All the shelves but the last was med up of medical books, the last being reptile or amphibian books. All the books were as current as they could be. Next to the books was a simple desk, where Tina would sit at every night as she wrote in her diary. Thorne went to the desk and using a scrap piece of paper wrote a note for. "Tina, i'll probably be hard asleep when you get home. If you need anyone to talk to just wake me. Just know that i'll always love you. Maybe tomorrow we can go for a walk or a run. I don't care how we go as long as we are together." He signed the bottom of the paper, a habit that was hard for him to not due, he was after all over 70s years in age, although he didn't look it

"I mean....well...um...y-yeah it's fine." Elira took a deep breath again mentally kicking herself for tripping over her words. This was so stupid. She could fall asleep next to him, it wasn't as big a deal as she was making it out to be right? She sat down on the bed next to him, crossing her legs and releasing her hair from its confines. Elira put the black band around her wrist, casting her blue gaze over to the man beside her. His question made her arch an eyebrow at him. "I was." Elira replied looking up at the ceiling of the bacement. "It's complicated, my past isn't exactly as glamorous as I make it out to be." She replied, finding it difficult to open up to him. She rubbed the back of her neck, laying down next to him. Elira looked at his face for a long moment. "I never knew my mother and my father didn't deserve to be called that. I was left on the steps of the orphanage at age three..." She trailed off, looking a bit lost in her thoughts. "You probably don't want to know the details." Elira concluded, looking away from him again a bit unsure. She didn't know if she could ever be anything besides a friend to the man next to her. Not when she wasn't willing to be second to someone else. As harsh as that sounded in her own mind she couldn't lie to herself. Elira turned back to look at the plaster of the roof above them, covering her eyes with her arm.

Jon was in the living room when Joel had come home with Sam. He turned when he heard the footsteps, seeing the sandy blonde man enter the room with a couple bruises and a fithy shirt. "Shit, Joel what happened?" He asked, sharply. His face was blank but there was concern in his quiet tone. The other man crossed the room and engulfed him in a tight hug. "I'll tell you about it in a bit.." Joel whispered content with just hugging the other man.

"No one's life is as glamorous as they make it out to be. The brighter the light shines, the darker the shadows are cast." Said Nick wisely. He had read that somewhere once before, although he couldn't recall from where. "I don't mind hearing about, but you don't have to tell me about it until you are ready." He sat up and wrapped an arm around her to comfort her. "I've done the lone wolf thing, and I'm sure you'd agree that this pack life  is so much better. Before I got a pack again my life was shrouded in complete darkness, Then Tiana came, she was like a candle in it, each person that joined added another flame. All except you." He was quick to finish what he was saying so she didn't take anything wrong. "You shone like the sun, shine on. Shine on you crazy diamond." He was going to refer to the Beatles song Here comes the Sun, but at the last minute went with Pink Floyd. Those two songs seemed to make the most sense for what he was trying to say. Those two songs seemed to convey what he couldn't say in words. "I know I shouldn't say this as a leader, but if anyone in this pack left I'd be okay, but if you left I don't think I'd handle it. Something within my soul has been pulling me to you. I'm done with fighting that pull." 

When Tiana arrived home she could tell that nearly everyone was asleep. the house was too silent and dark, which suited her fine. The beeping noises from the hospital got tiring after a long shift. Not wanting to wake anyone by accident she removed her shoes and carefully made it to the top of stairs and opened the door to her's and Thorne's room. She saw Throne sleeping there, in his incredibly mundane pajamas. Even in summer Thorne wore long sleeve pants and shirts to bed, he hated being cold. She knew that he had sworn to never be cold unless he could help it after escaping his mother, a witch who had turned evil, a witch who thirsted for more power than she deserved to have. Tiana quickly got changed before sitting down at her desk and saw the note Thorne had left her. It was very sweet and made up the long day she had. She was going to let him continue sleeping, and instead used her diary to write down her thoughts of the day, besides the act of writing helped wind her down.  

She was blushing so hard she didn't know what to make of herself. His arm came around her and she felt the calmness of his touch relax her entire body. Elira moved her arm from her face to stare at him with wide eyes. As his words washed over her she couldn't help but feel just a little relief. Like the guilt she had felt for her feelings towards him had been pulverized. Her lips curved into a grin, not getting the reference to the song but found the words amusing. Elira's palm found his cheek, her grin faltering slightly after noticing what she had been doing.

"I'm glad....I thought that pull was just something I had been imagining." 

She breathed, looking into his eyes for what seemed like forever before moving herself closer to him. "This pack as been the only kind of family that I've ever had. But you, you're something different. In a good way." Elira teased, resting her cheek against his chest, thankful for the feel of safety settling inside her. A part of her knew there wouldn't be any nightmares or the horrible feelings that accompanied them tonight.

Nick laid back down, going slow so that she moved with him. "I hate to ruin the moment but I'm tired. Shall we go for some sleep?" Asked Nick as he began closing his eyes. If she responded he didn't know what she had said, having fallen asleep seconds later. That night Nick had the best sleep he ever had, it was peaceful, the flashbacks which occurred every now and then didn't try to surface, he instead dreamed happy thoughts, most of which Elira was there with him.

When morning finally came it took Nick a minute to recall everything from the day before. He had been shocked that Elira was in his room before he remembered the moment they had shared. He smiled at it, happy that something had happened between them. He carefully moved himself from her as not to wake her and began taking a shower, after being cleaned he changed into a clean set of clothes and headed up the steps the begin breakfast. His knuckle twinged a little as he began cooking but it didn't bother him enough to cause him any major discomfort. He looked up at the clock as he finished up the last of the food and was glad the weekend was on them. It meant most of the pack was either off, or worked small shifts. He was thinking about setting up a hunt for the pack, everyone would be able to blow off steam and relax, plus it'd be nice to have fresh food that wasn't bought at a grocery. If the pack played it right they could bring down two deers, eat one then and there and then have a grill session the next day. 

Elira only let out a soft hum in agreement, letting the tiredness that pulled at her lull her to sleep.

When she woke up, she found the empty spot where Nick had been. For a split second she thought that he hadn't meant anything that he said last night and it was just the drugs talking. But even with the meds loosening his tongue he probably wouldn't have said anything about her being some crazy diamond or something. She smiled sleepily, yawning as she removed herself from his bed. Elira had never been so happy to be coated in another wolf's scent before. It was odd. Moving up the steps with caution, she made it to her bedroom on the second floor without alerting anyone that she hadn't slept in her room to begin with. Luckily the bathroom was empty so she showered quickly. Dressed in some jeans and a old batman shirt, she wandered into the kitchen seeing Nick at his normal spot cooking. "Hey." She mumbled poking buttons at the coffee maker like she usually did. 

Jon woke up with a loud yawn, not understanding why he was so warm until he looked over at the other man laying next to him. A smile pulled at his lips slightly, untangling himself from Joel's grip. He wanted to let the other man sleep a little more, knowing that being such a drama queen was exhausting.  Running his fingers through frazzled hair, he walked into the hallway just as Elira was coming out of the bathroom. She had an unusual glow about her. Jon didn't say anything as she ventured downstairs and instead occupied the bathroom for himself not wanting to squander the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick turned around and smiled. "Good morning. Did you sleep good?" Asked Nick as he brought over the last item, orange cinnamon rolls, or rather two batched of it. They were one of his favorite things, even though it meant cheating on Elira's bakery. "Sorry to cheat on your work place, but these are so easy to cook this way." He sat down and began fixing his towering plate of food. He was hoping that everyone else would be down in a few minutes to have some alone time with Elira. "All I have to do is call into work and tell them why I ditched them, but aside from that I'm off today, you know if you want to do anything together? Maybe catch a movie, or go for a hike out in that park?" 

When Thorne woke up he let out a massive sneeze. Tiana's... No maybe it was his one hair that had tickled his nose, caused the the sneeze. He quickly slapped his hands over his face as if that would have prevented the sound. He looked around the room and saw the lights for his tanks were already cut one through the timer, so that meant it was already about 7 or so. He quickly shook Tiana awake. "Come on let's shower before they take all the hot water. If its cold I'm just waiting till tonight." Tiana was the only person that Thorne talked this comfortably around. In fact he almost sounded like a normal person talking instead of a nervous robot.

Tiana cracked one eye open as she said "Cover your mouth better when you sneeze. I don't need your cooties in my hair." She was teasing him as she got up and stretched. Both her and Thorne's were a complete mess, almost looking as though they had taking turns in their sleep to make the others messier. She finally finished her morning stretch and gave Thorne a gentle push off the bed, letting the blankets wrap around him. "Last one in  get's to hear Nick talk about how the Roman's were ripoffs." She let out a playful laugh as she dashed to the bathroom. 

"Shit." Said Thorne as he quickly untangled himself and chased after her. He was glad she had gotten up so easy, and was feeling pretty positive they'd have plenty of hot water to themselves. If they hot water he'd listen to Nick all day about the Roman's and what idiots they were. Second later he was already in the bathroom and watched as Tiana set the water to an acceptable temperature. "So shall we deliver your friends take to them later today? I'll probably finish it up in a few hours at this point." He said as he began undressing and hoping into the shower after Tiana.

Danny was the first one up this time and hugged Sam as she woke up. "Morning." She was oddly cheerful as she spoke instead of sounding as 'Bad ass' as she could. It was due to the success they had the night before, and knew they'd be hearing Nick brief the little bit of the pack that hadn't been there. Which was, if she wasn't mistaken, Tiana, not knowing Nick had already visited her, Thorne, Tino, and Jon. So about half the pack was in the dark, which wasn't too bad considering it. Then a though crossed her mind, "Hey hurry and wake up, you are going to learn some self defense today, and so is Joel. Even if it means beating it into the pair of you. Hell anyone else that needs it can join.I'll talk with Nick about it. Perhaps he can give us some pointers.... Doesn't Elira know a thing or two as well?" She began reeling it all into her head. Perhaps, and she wasn't sure, but just maybe they could all take turns teaching everyone something different about fighting. She wouldn't be surprised if Thorne was good at nasty fighting, using tricks to win, or if Tino knew how to throw nearly anyone out a window. Maybe this would turn out to be a good idea,

"Let me get 5 more minutes." Said Sam in a croaking voice. It was clear that she had been in a near dead sleep. The exhaustion from the previous night had been to much for her, taking too much energy out of her. Sp she made up for her lost energy with sleep. When she did finally wake up she was going to be starving. She listened as Danny rambled on about training and fighting. "No Mulan montage. We can't cram an entire session of training into "Make a man of you" let alone several training sessions. No one wants to hear that song every time they get hurt." 

Elira watched as the onyx liquid poured into her empty mug, it's heavenly smell was already starting to wake her up. "Yeah, actually. I haven't slept so well in a very long time." Was her reply, looking over her shoulder as Nick pulled breakfast cinnamon buns from the oven. Her nose scrunched in distaste mentally preparing a lecture on how making them from scratch was one hundred times better than getting that store bought crap. Instead she gave him a mildly unamused look from the corner of her eye, sipping her beverage carefully. "Mnhm." Elira grabbed a few pieces of toast, not touching the abominations that Nick seemed to like so much. One of these days she would just sit and bake her heart out, maybe the Paco would understand what she was talking about then. "Speaking of, I have to call my boss as well." She mumbled in between bites of toast. Her blue eyes looked over at him thoughtfully, she was just happy to be around him. It didn't matter what they did. "I um...it doesn't matter, we could um...watch a movie or something." Elira shifted, a pink tint entering her cheeks and flaring a darker color around the tips of her ears. She busied herself with taking a large gulp of coffee not sure how to act in this situation. 

Jon had evacuated the bathroom just as Thorne and Tiana started heading that way. He really didn't want to think about why they could both be running to the bathroom. It didn't paint a very PG picture in his mind. Shivering in disgust, he strolled back into his room to find Joel still snoring away and sprawled out across his entire bed. Jon held back a chuckle, shaking the man's bare shoulders softly. "It's time to wake up there, blondie." He mused quietly, pushing at his shoulders enough to rouse the man. Joel rolled over, opening his eyes sleepily. "Sunshine...five more minutes?" He groaned, pulling an extra pillow over his head. Jon narrowed his eyes, silently grabbing the pillow with enough force that it almost ripped. "Up." He commanded slapping the man's butt in order to get his point across. Joel yelped a bit, pulling himself half way out of the bed with a goofy glare. Like he was trying to be made but was laughing so hard it was impossible. "How about, we stay here for a little bit." Joel whispered with a teasing grin which earned him an eye roll from Jon.

Tino was still sleeping, having come home from a rough night at the bar he found it best to hole up in his room for at least 12 hours. The man needed his beauty sleep after all especially if he was going to get the girl. Even in his sleep he was formulating a plan. He saw those looks between them, it didn't matter everyone has their limits and Tino was hell bent on finding them. Even if it meant fighting the Alpha for something that should be his.

Nick smiled happily at her answer. "Cool. The movies and then maybe some ice cream." He added the ice cream part last minute remembering a cozy little place that sold comics,ice cream, and had a cafe all joined into one store. It was a very nice place and the atmosphere was perfect to Nick. "I'm thinking maybe the noon showing of whatever we want to watch. There is the new comic book, turned movie out now. You know Explosion. The one with guy who can blow up anything he touches. Could be a good movie, I haven't read the reviews, its one of those Indie comics." He dabbed at an imaginary tear. "Because Marvel still has a few months before a new movie." He stuffed an entire roll into his mouth as he finished talking and chewed it quietly.

After Thorne and Tiana finished showering and got changed they headed down the stairs to start on breakfast. Both were starving and were happy to be clean. "So does everyone know about the attack yet?" Asked Tiana as she sat down and began fixing her tidy plate.

Swallowing quickly Nick cleared his throat befoer speaking. "I'm going to wait until everyone is down here and then tell everyone at once. Save my breath a little, so stay here until after the pack meeting." 

She took a few steps closer to him, a wicked grin threatening to split her face in two. "You had me at ice cream." Elira breathed with a teasing tone. She was trying not to think of this as a date-date and more of a friendly outing that way she could handle how to act.

Possibly.

Maybe.

Probably not.

Elira moved in even closer while he was talking, not taking much notice of her own actions until she was starting to boost herself up on the tips of her toes. Brought to the real world by him stuffing a bun in his mouth, the laughter started bubbling out of her uncontrollably. She fell back against the counter, gripping her sides as she laughed uncontrollably. It was getting increasingly hard to look up at him without giggling so she kept her focus on the tiled floor. "Too..much...can't....breathe..." She gasped out in between fits of giggles, finally starting to calm herself down as Throne and Tiana moved into the kitchen. She sipped at her coffee, still not looking over at Nick. It wasn't hard to tell that  she was struggling to hold back more giggles.

Jon and Joel where in the kitchen not too much longer after Tiana and Throne made their enterance. Joel practically ran to the freshly baked cinnamon buns, piling a couple onto a plate. "Pwak mweting?" Joel asked around a mouthful of food, wincing as Jon hit him upside the head with a mute glare that told him not to speak with his mouth full. Jon's amber gaze flew over to Elira, arching an eyebrow as he studied her for a second. His highly observant eyes than traveled to Nick standing next to her, taking in the appearances of the Alpha and second Beta. There was something different in the way they stood, in the glances they gave each other when they thought no one else was looking. Even though that had gone on for a while now it had seemed to be more apparent today. "You look like you slept better, the bags under your eyes aren't as obvious." Jon stated, taking a piece of toast and buttering it.

Well that was one way to sour her mood. Icy blue orbs narrowed at the Spaniard, "Thanks, Jon. Your observations never cease to be welcome." She growled, the sarcasm of her sentence hid the bit of venom that had leaked into it. No one ever liked to hear about the not so admirable features of their face, Elira included. She watched as Jon shrugged nonchalantly not oblivious about her irritation he just didn't seem to care. 

"You're welcome. If it helps you're not acting like a hermit either and the attire is a bit more girlish than usual." He supplied, ignoring the way Joel was frantically making an 'x' with his arms and shaking his head. Elira gave him a sickly sweet smile, the coffee in her mug began to boil spontaneously. The fizzes and rumblings of the liquid seemed to increase as her fingers gripped the cup almost too tight. Jon opened his mouth to say something else only for it to be covered by Joel. The blue eyed man gave Elira an apologetic smile, not really knowing how to calm her down without saying something that might make the ceramic in her hands melt. 

Nick could hear the coffee begin to boil over and calmly stuck his finger in the hot liquid and began to cool it. He didn't want coffee to stain the floor. "Why thank you Jon, Glad I'm pretty today." He said as he pounced his long curly hair in his palm. He was diffusing the situation the best he could without making anyone more angry. He took his finger out of the coffee and was fairly certain that it'd be too cold for any sane person to find good without a pound of sugar in it. "Sorry I didn't mean to make it cold." He leaned in to whisper to her. "Don't worry you're always pretty. Besides we are getting ice cream and he isn't. So we still win."

With a wide grin on her face Tiana took another bit from her food. She had a pretty good idea what was going on now, but couldn't be positive. She never had hoped to be more right in her life, not even when she was trying to pass her nursing test. She gave Nick and Elira a knowing wink and quickly looked back down at her plate as not to raise suspicion.

"What?" Asked Thorne who had caught Tiana from the corner of his eye. He hadn't picked up on anything different. He didn't spend a lot of time looking at his fellow pack members and so it made it far more difficult for him to pick up if something was different.  

"I'll tell you later sweetie." Said Tiana as she wiped her mouth. "Hurry up and finish eating, I'll keep you company while you finish up the cage. I'll text her when we are heading her way." She was having a hard time keeping her smile hidden. If anyone asked she would just lie and say she was looking forward to the day.

The sound of sizzling brought her gaze to the bubbling coffee with Nick's finger in it. She almost dropped the cup when she realized what she was doing. She blinked, still looking down at her cup of joe in slight horror. It was too cold to drink by the time Nick removed his finger. His apology had heat rushing to her cheeks, keeping her gaze on the coffee as it started to steam again. When she was certain she had warmed it enough she set the cup down and picked up a piece of toast instead, casting Nick a playfully annoyed look. "True, but you didn't have to stick your finger in my drink." She grumbled, biting into her toast with a mockingly hurt expression. 

Joel smiled greatfully at Nick, peeking his fingers away from his Mate's face. Sometimes Jon was too blunt for his own good. A quality that was good for a lawyer, but sometimes he was a bit extreme. "You're always fabulous, Nick." Joel mused with a chuckle, grabbing another cinnamon bun to put in his mouth. He was trying to hide from Elira's slight glare every time he took one but they were just too good to refuse. 

Jon continued to eat his toast quietly, not much for speaking unless he had something to say. But his gaze kept going from Elira to Nick knowingly, watching the way they interacted it was pretty obvious there was something going on. Instead of pointing it out, however Jon stole a piece of Joel's food content to keep it quiet for a little more. He wasn't sure how his brother was going to react though, sometimes it was hard to tell if Tino was jealous of Nick being Alpha ir the way Elira looked at Nick how he wanted her to look at him.

"Hey I can stick my finger in a better place." Said Nick before turning scarlet. "That came out way wrong. I am so sorry." He was trying to insinuate that he'd put his hands in her food next time, but had come out sounding like a creepy pervert. He sat back down and finished his breakfast in silence. It didn't take him long to finish and he was about to yell up the stairs for the others to join him when he saw Sam and Danny walk into the kitchen. All that left was Tino to join them, He headed up the flight of stairs careful to stay focused where he was walking. Standing at the middle of the hallway Nick yelled "Yo Tino. We got the porn channel for free this weekend. Get your butt down here, we got a meeting to do real quick okay." He headed back down the stairs smiling at his own stupid joke. He figured if Tino heard porn he'd wake up instantly, plus Nick had a really loud voice when he needed one. "Just have to wait a few minutes now. I don't think he'll be long."

Sam and Danny were eating as fast as they could without choking or seeming too rude. Sam was indeed very hungry after the events of last night and wasn't fussy about what she ate. She wondered briefly what the meeting was to be about, before figuring it must be about the events of last night. He had mentioned they'd need to do a meeting last night, but had never gotten to it. Not that she minded, she was happy to go on to bed and try to relax when they got home.

Elira turned cherry, almost choking on her piece of toast. He probably didn't mean for it to come out that way, but his remark was giving her some dirty thoughts. She heard Joel muffle a laugh which brought her gaze to his. Narrowing her eyes for a second before drinking a bit more of her coffee. "No need to apologize." She mused a sly smile curling her lips upwards. 

Tino groaned, pulling his jeans on as fast as he could. He grabed a random shirt, glaring daggers at the door. He was already on his way down but he hadn't been moving very fast until now. He sauntered down the stairs, grinning lecherously as he walked into the kitchen. "I'm going to hold that free porn comment to you." He retorted, grabbing a few pieces of toast. Looking up at Elira he smiled charmingly, situating himself opposite of her. 

"Meh." Said Nick shrugging. "Maybe I have a subscription card to Nat Geo for you. You know so you can get your topless ladies in." He stood up and made sure everyone was paying attention to him. "Alright so some of us know what happened last night, the rest are in the dark. I won't water anything down, and I'll be straight to the point." He quickly recapped everyone on what had happened letting Joel and Sam have a chance to add anything he might have forgotten they had said before they arrived, and repeated the gesture for anyone else to add what they needed to say about the events of last night. "So in a nutshell we need, all of us, to keep our phones on us. I want everyone to have GPS tracking enabled. If you get in trouble just send whoever is the easiest contact to reach a message with just 3 periods. Whoever receives that information will contact everyone else they can. Any questions?" He began pulling his hair back into a pony tail and tied it in place with a simple band he had in his pocket. Last night had concerned him greatly and hated the thought of hunters targeting the pack. 

Thorne stared in shock at the news and noticed the bandages on Nick's hand. He had mentioned seeing Tiana for stitches last night. Thorne was secretly glad that his mate had stayed at the hospital last night and hadn't been involved in the danger.

Tino had the decency to chuckle, listening to Nick patiently as he recounted the events of the previous day. His brows furrowed, looking over at his brother and Joel for a second before moving his gave to Sam and Danny. An open attack like that didn't spell out good news. Let alone why these hunters would be roaming around searching for werewolves to kill. Most of them now a days wouldn't bother a pack as long as they were friendly or kept a low profile. Tino's eyes went back to Elira concerned about the brunette getting caught up in something similar to what happened to Joel and Sam. Even with those freaky little powers of hers, he couldn't be certain that her saftey was guaranteed. Not that he would tell her this. 

Joel shrugged, "Seems pretty reasonable to me." He added after Nick had finished ordering them to keep their phones on them. Jon shifted next to him with a troubled expression, but he too agreed with the terms. What bothered him was why this incident had happened. These Hunters would have to have been watching the pack for a while to know that they were anything but human. Hell even the people in town didn't know that they were all something else entirely. 

Elira ate her food passively, not really listening to the group conversation. Her mind was off somewhere else, absently finishing her coffee. She didn't even noticed that Nick had pulled his hair up until she just happened to glance over, brought back to reality by some random flip in thought. 

"Alright then. Dismissed. Go have fun and what not." Said Nick with a casual wave with his hand, letting everyone know that he had no more on the subject. He looked at Elira and gave her a wide smile. "I think that went well. So shall we be getting ready to go?" He asked not caring, or rather not really noticing that he wasn't being secrete about his plans with her that day. It was as if she had always been with him all of a sudden and that everyone knew about it already. He was simply that comfortable being around her, and even though he hadn't acknowledged the wolf in him, the wolf saw Eilra as his, and he as her's. 

Joel looked between Nick and Elira, a smile curving onto his lips. It was about damn time. He had been rooting for the pair for as long as they had known each other. Jon glanced at his partner knowingly, grabbing Joel's wrist and muttering some excuse about wanting to show him the new thesis for Law school he was working on.

Tino sat for a few more seconds, a bit stunned by Nick's words. Elira had smiled at him, elation radiating off of her as she agreed to, what sounded like, a date. He crossed his arms, morphing the pain her felt into complete irritation and annoyance. He left, mumbling something in Spanish as he headed out the door. 

"Excellent." Said Nick as he grabbed his flip flops and slid them on and pulled out his phone. He quickly typed in the movie place and showed the listings to her. "Now I'm thinking explosion man. It's some indie comic book turned movie, so I could be good. I'm not in the mood for a horror flick as they have just gotten so bad these days. I swear they're going to make a horror movie based on haunted legos. But I'm up for pretty much anything else."  Nick's problem with horror movies were honestly how fake and unrealistic they tended to be, and that was coming from  a guy who loved comic books and D&D. It was like every time someone lost an arm, or head they'd loose blood equal to that of two or three people, and now they focused on jump scare tactics. However with all of that said he did like suspense, some were scary, and others were between being scary and adventurous. Suspense was something that kept someone on the edge of their seat, wandering what would happen next. A good example was "The Martian" It wasn't scary but it was filled with intense moments, wandering if Mark would live or die.

Elira had grabbed her own shoes at this point and was quickly wrestling with the grey vans. She looked up at him, tying the laces neatly. "The exploding human one sounds good." She mused with a quirky grin, standing to her full height once she was done. Elira had never been very tall, compact sized and vertically challenged she spent a lot of time wishing that she had managed to grow a few more inches. But when she stood next to Nick she wasn't as concerned about it for some reason. Her hands fumbled with her hair for a moment, weaving the threads into a high ponytail with some difficulty. Blue eyes wandered over to Nick, amused with his reluctance to watch a horror movie. Personally, she loved the classics. Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Halloween. They were some of the best of the best in her opinion, but they didn't make movies like those anymore. Though the psychological thrillers were good too. The brunette arched an eyebrow, smiling slyly. "Chick flick it is then." She teased, making sure she had her wallet and keys along with her phone. Elira already concluded that she was driving. As much as she might have liked Nick she sure as hell hated his car.

Nick was about to object her taking her car, mostly as he didn't like the idea of her using her gas for the date he was paying for, then thought better of it. His car was tiny, there was no lying about it. He had only gotten the car because it was cheaper than the other options, saved a ton on gas, and the big reason he got it, was that it reminded him of home. Back home nearly everyone had small cars, as they had small roads. He followed her and waited for her to unlock the doors before getting in. "The theater is in the mall so we'll have plenty to do before our show starts. Oh and no worries about the corny stretch yawn to put my arms around you. I have a much smoother move for that. I should write a book about it." 

Elira rolled her eyes, moving the car out of the driveway and towards the main roads. Her fingers tapped against the leather wheel, smiling despite how much she was trying to school her features. "Mnhn, I'm sure. You're the King of Smooth." She teased, muffling her laughter with the back of her hand. Elira wondered which stores she could drag him into before the show. Not that she would buy much of anything, the bakery wasn't exactly a high paying job. Then again she felt that it was better to do something that you loved rather than go to some crappy job that you didn't like. After a comfortable twenty minutes in the car, Elira parked the vehicle in the gigantic lot owned by the Mall. 

"I'm smooth like a smoothie. Speaking of we should totally get one." Said Nick who had his own pre-movie shops to hit up, but it was only two of them. He wanted to check out the beef jerky store, yes a store full of, not only beef jerky but jerky made from different types of meat around the world and in different flavors. The second was a historical replica store that he enjoyed despite everything they ended up getting wrong. He didn't mind some of them weren't off by too much and others made him laugh hard with all they got wrong. "So what store do you want to go to first? I already know my fist pick." He asked as he got out of the car and popped his back and squinted in the bright sun.

Before Thorne was ready to work on his enclosure he first need to feed the 11 snakes he kept as well as the 30 plus amphibians that shared his and Tiana's  room. He kept a deep freezer in his room that was filled with pre-killed and frozen rats ranging from new borns all they way into large adults. He began counting out what he needed and tossed them into a 5 gallon bucket. He could still see the blue bottom of the bucket, which was normal as he carried it and his sign into the bathroom. The sign was a simple laminated paper that read: "Thawing out snake food. Be back in under an hour. If in your way just call me and I'll move it" the sign would hang on the curtains of the bath tub and he placed the bucket of rats in the tub and began running hot water to it. The pack from what Thorne could tell didn't mind him doing this in the tub everyone shared for one big reason. Thorne was good at detail cleaning the bathroom and he always cleaned it after feeding snakes, being sure to disinfect everything that would put some doctors to shame. His rats took less time than normal to thaw out and Thorne drained the water and picked the bucket back up, before leaving the bathroom he flipped his sign so that it said: "Cleaning in progress." Back in his room he quickly fed all the snakes and began dividing crickets up and tossing those into tanks as well. Sighing with a sense of accomplishment he smiled and began working on the bathroom. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back