• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Blood Moon: A Reboot [Closed]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

efdd784754675ade51da126c15f412ef-jpg.368131

9d47df0ea9026204dd9c8a32f7285af9-png.368130

The familiar feeling crept up to his bones again, for the second time that day; and yet he still could not understand why it came. There was, and still is, nothing amiss. Not even then, in the early hours of dawn, when it first stretched out its spindly fingers, and clawed, cold as stone, at his gut. Try as he might, he could not figure it out, nor what it is trying to tell him.

He thought back to the hours passed, when dead leaves crunched underneath the soles of his shoes, as he walked the usual beaten path to Ryder. A murky haze enveloped the surroundings then, yet he could still recognize every sharp turn, every faded marker, and every passing establishment with the easy familiarity of a local born. But it was not until he rounded a bend, where the tall pines melted into a quaint, bottle-rocket blue structure, did it finally began.

Thunk

Seamus Finnegan had left his door open, and the sounds from within troubled the silence that hung heavily on the barren street.

Tchik

Thunk

The diner solidly stood where it has always rested for seven years, its huge neon lights radiating a ghostly orange hue above the dim. His curious gaze roamed from the deserted cola-red benches parked outside, to the wide rectangular glass window, where he caught a glimpse of Finnegan himself, his bright ginger hair aglow under the lamplight.

Tchik

The Butcher's pale, freckled face hid behind a starch white surgical mask, brows furrowed in concentration, as he hacked away at the chopping board.

Thunk

His amber eyes followed the flesh as it detached from the bone at the sharp end of the bloody knife.

Tchik

Thunk

As the black plastic liner crinkled after each severed extremity dropped to the waste basket,

Tchik

Thunk

That was the exact moment the feeling came.

TCHIK

And he could not understand why.

So he ran.

--

Bentley Lagmay grabbed his schoolbooks with trembling fingers, their glossy surface almost slipping from his clumsy grip. He tried to shake the feeling off, which he thought went away moments ago after talking to the mild-mannered blonde counsellor, but he was sorely mistaken. It still continued to gnaw at him, desperately trying to tell him something he could not place.

Bentley slammed his locker door shut in frustration, and pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. After taking a deep breath, he took a look around. Everything looks as it should be: Busy hallways, excited chatter, and the creak of heavy doors announcing the arrival of company. Everything looks as it always does. And yet--

Something is wrong.

Something is different.

Something is there that his eyes can't see.

Or maybe it was always there.

Thunk

Hiding in plain sight,

Tchik

Behind the somber, trivial background.

Thunk

Where it can easily be missed.

TCHIK

"Hello Bentley," she greeted him pleasantly. "How do you feel about this being the last day of school for this year? Do you have any plans for the holidays?"
“What are you guys up to?”

Familiar voices startled him away from his thoughts, and his attention now focused on the two girls standing beside him. Bentley sheepishly ran a hand through his unruly hair, chiding himself for not noticing them approach. He wondered if they had noticed his unease. Elysia's question and Stevie's warm smile erased the last of his worries, only to replace it with the initial excitement he felt for the party; something that he is truly thankful for. Remembering the rolled-up paper he's still clutching in his hand, he began to wave it playfully above the air, as a mischievous glint shone on his amber eyes.

"Hello, friends. I'm sure you all know about the Oxen party tonight, right? I have something cool to show. Something big. But... I only have one extra invite." He shrugged. Bentley felt terrible for not having the means to include both of his friends in the plan, but the feeling was quickly overshadowed by his excitement---

SIDE EVENT FOR CHARACTERS: Elysia Yates-Wycommin and Stevie Davis ONLY

THE CROSSROADS

Your characters arrived at a fork in a road. You can both arrive at an agreement as to whether or not A.) One of you will accompany Bentley, or B.) None of you will. Though there is another option, which is C.) Convince him to ditch the party (if you decide to go with this option, make sure your character/s will manage to convince Bentley (write your dialogue carefully). Otherwise, the choice will default to option B).

Please make your decision, and choose wisely!

Elowyn Elowyn Little Lozy Little Lozy

Last edited:
Heather let out a 'tch' at Veronica's dumb defences for why she wasn't at school with Heather. "You know Jenna is so annoying, I can't bear 5 seconds alone with her, and Beth is in Florida remember? God, are you trying to pawn me off on someone else?" annoyance was laced in Heather's tone as she spoke. Her annoyance caused a few passerbys to give her weary looks, pitying the person on the other end of Heather's annoyance.

Heather stopped leaning on the wall and began to walk down the hall towards the exit of the school. "Ya, I guess. Madeline's great and all, but I doubt her party is going to be like amazing. I don't really like parties anyway..." Heather muttered the last part under her breath as she exited the school, Veronica only hearing a mumble of something uneligible. "How about you, you excited?" Heather asked as she slammed her car door and began to drive along the pathway Veronica walks.

Heather spotted the girl with her back turned to where Heather was driving and pulled over. Rolling down her window Heather hung up her phone and said, "Get in dumbass." after saying that Heather rolled up the window again and impatiently tapped her fingers against the steering wheel as she waited for the other girl to get in.
Interactions: Juju Juju

Last edited:
Veronica flinched at Heather's rant about the other groupies. Damn, she forgotten all about Beth's trip. Lucky bitch... wish I could get out of this hell hole, she thought, even if it was just for a day. She imagined what it would be like to walk barefoot on a beach, to feel the ocean flow around her feet and wash away both the sand and her worries. Unfortunately Her reverie was soon interrupted when Heather asked her about the party.

"How about you, you excited?

She gave a sigh. "No, not really. Her parties are always lame, you know? Though sometimes I fe-"

Heather hung up her phone and said, "Get in dumbass."

Veronica knew that voice anywhere. Dammit Heather. Ugh, shouldn't have took that detour. She placed her phone in her pocket and turned around to find none other than Heather pulled up on the side of the road, waiting for her to get into the vehicle her father had given to her. "You know, the school is just up ahead? You didn't need to pick me up..." Even as she said the words, Veronica knew they didn't matter. There was no convincing Heather otherwise. Admitting defeat, Veronica got in. "Thanks..." she said, brushing a lock of her raven hair out of her face so that she could give Heather a sheepish smile. Trying to get rid of the guilt in her stomach, she flipped open the visor mirror and began fixing her makeup. "You really shouldn't have wasted gas on me though. It's expensive at this time of year." she added before reapplying some lipstick.

seasonedcat seasonedcat

[class=Notes] //So this is an older code that I tried to fix up to look nicer// //Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well // //These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// //or color codes// //this code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code. // // when typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press ente// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// [/class]
[class=Notes] //The background image// [/class]
girl from that one show.gif
witty-tv-characters-suburgatory-tessa-altman.jpg
[class=Notes] //the image in the cirlce and the border// [/class]
[class=Notes] //the transparent with background and the border and below is the text// [/class]
"Yeah, don't get fnopeked up by Jax.".
Cassie saw others approach, Jax, and a lighter appearing from one of the other's pockets. She wondered if it was a mistake to show up, and if she was walking in on some secret Oxen meeting, but despite her better judgement, she approached the group. She was relieved to see that not everyone sitting (or standing) around Jax were Oxen members, and eased up. She plopped down a few feet away from him and said to no one in particular:
"So, what's the scoop? What are we all doing sitting around a cripple?"
Cassie soon realized that with the snarky remark, she was opening herself up to any backlash from the injured boy. Thinking quickly, in an attempt to soften the blow and save her ass, she added:
"Nah, really. I'm kidding. Jax is tough as nails anyways."

[class=Notes] //Below is the purple box and the content meant for tags// [/class]
Interacting:
Located: Les pistes
Mentioned:
code by AgWordSmith AgWordSmith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back