• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Bleach: Undying: Chapter one: The Interview

8MVCLz6.png
Ema Narisawa
"AaaaAAAAAAaaaah." Ema's response came out in a lower tone as she was shaken back and forth lightly by Mariya gripping upon her shoulders. It got her a bit shaken, though not quite stirred. Not at all unusual of a thing for Ema to be quite easily distracted in her own world. Thank goodness her absentmindedness didn't manifest as much while taking care of her younger siblings... keywords being as much. She blinked as if coming to her senses, as best she the blonde could at the very least. She tilted her head a bit hearing Mariya mention getting a weapon suddenly shifting into a more steady position with her knees bent tossing out a few enthusiastic punches. Despite looking incredibly goofy doing it they actually had some good form, she did practice some martial arts at least at one time in her life even if it was quite rusty now.

"We got all the weapons we need right here! heeee-yaaaa!" She spoke trying to act a little tough that being clearly very playful with it. She wasn't the type that usually got herself worrying about things. It was always best to tackle problems head on and don't let the worry about them bog you down! Some wise person probably said that or something... where did she hear something like that? She shrugged as if to dismiss the thought before throwing one final punch forward pausing in the air as she heard Akkun speak about her... Bod?

"Huh? Oh I'm sure it will be fine. What do you mean by Bod? Is that like... something I don't know about? The chain maybe? Ooo or is that like a cute way of talking about my satchel? OOo Wait! Wait wait! Are you talking about my outfit? OOoo do you think my Bod is really nice looking? Tell me tell me, how good looking is my Bod?" She spoke clearly not catching on what seemed to be the obvious fact he had just cut off the world just short. Naturally she didn't at all know how awkward sounding it would make whatever he responded with come off as for anyone else much more aware of what the world he was trying to say was. His tone of voice didn't even at all seem to register at all in Ema's mind in the odd world she was in right now... both figuratively and literally.

Exiting the cafe, Ema had a spring in her step. She was quite excited being quite curious what all this weapon thing was about. She was already thinking of an assortment of objects it could be from ladles to diapers; frying pans to pies; brooms to Toilet Plungers. That last one sounded to be quite cruel and unusual torture though hopefully it wouldn't be something like that. She always imagined the plunger part would suck the soul out of you if it got a hold on you. Wait! Maybe that pill WAS a toilet plunger shrunk down into pill form? The very thought made her shudder at the horror. She tilted her head back looking over at Akkun.

"Well naturally the part of town where people live! Its such a nice big house! That antique room is so nice looking from the outside! I haven't seen it from the inside though really... something about 'being the most dangerous weapon of all if I went in there' or something something. What you should really truly see is her room! Mariya's room is sooooo so great and sooooooo sooooo cuuuuuute!" She spoke quite sweetly wiggling about a bit. Perhaps she was a bit over exaggerating of things though she had a tendency to do that with her friend. She always loved throwing compliments to her that seemed perhaps a bit too grandiose to be believable, though considering it came from Ema's lips it tended to hold much more weight. The upbeat girl nearly bouncing in step as she walked.

Interacted: MocaPoka MocaPoka Akkun no Baka Akkun no Baka

Mariya Manoa
Mariya (3).png

Mariya took a deep breath before walking out of the café with Akkun and Ema. She was slightly worried about leaving their original bodies just laying in the café unprotected, but she could only hope that the talking dog would make sure they were safe. It sounded like it would be smart to get these “weapons” as soon as possible. So unlike her usual easy stroll that was natural for her; Mariya trotted down the dark streets with speed and purpose. She didn’t like the fact that she could no longer see the chain connecting her to her original body now. It felt like she was floating, untethered in empty space now.

“Its not far…” Mariya said to Akkun’s question and let Ema fill in the blanks to her simple and short answer.

It was also strange to be walking with a boy even with Ema with her, especially late at night like this. Mariya tried to avoid the awkwardness of the situation by not looking at the taller boy and focusing her eyes straight ahead. Ema’s usual prattling helped her nerves… expect when she mentioned her “bod” and especially when she mentioned her own room.

“W-We’re not going in my room!” Mariya nearly shouted into the empty streets. The idea of a boy in her room…

Blushing, she continued to march forward and soon the three were in the affluent neighborhood. Large western style houses with immaculate yards towering above the three until Mariya stopped at one. A large and wide three-story house; if one looked closely, they would see a third story window opened with some rope curled just on the edge of the window seal. Walking to the right side of the house, Mariya stopped at a large window, inside in the darkness was the antique room.

Raising a hand, Mariya reached for the window only for her hand to pass through. Nodding to herself, she took a step forward and passed through her home’s walls and window with ease. Entering the dark room, she immediately noticed a strange light. A warm orange and red glow was coming from the “sword area” of the room. Purple eyes widened in wonder, Mariya went towards the warm and ethereal light.

Closer now, Mariya could only imagine that the light and warmth must be coming from lava. Expecting to see that a mini volcano had erupted in her house; she was even more surprised to see that the lava like glow was coming from a strange sword. A fairly normal, if old, looking katana with a red hilt, sheath, and gold square guard.

“The lost and weak come to the unearned safety of security. Provided by the strength of the strong. Predicable and disappointing. Duty bounds me to tolerate such burdens. Hurry and grab me before natural selection decides to remember you mistakenly exist, girl.”

The voice was deep, ancient, and male. Strong and steady. Completely foreign, yet deeply familiar.

As if she had been put into a trance, Mariya realized that the glowing katana was but an inch away from her reaching hand. Stopping a moment before touching the weapon; she tried to make sense of what was happening. Was the sword talking? This was obviously the weapon that the dog was talking about, right? The heat from the sword was painful…

“Stop being weak and indecisive and grab me, girl!”

Jumping from the force of the voice; Mariya grabbed the burning katana. The instant her small hand wrapped around the weapon it burned and their was pain… but she felt powerful.

Hanarei Hanarei Akkun no Baka Akkun no Baka

REN KAZUKI
Ren watched events unfold before him with a fairly open mind. first a cage was brought out and it seemed to move on its own, then the owner of the shop offered up some crazy pills to everyone and people began to drop like flies. Ren walked up to the dog and took a pill for himself, he was sure if this pill ended up killing him his parents would miss him, but he wasn't one for missing out on any opportunity so he looked at the dog, "gotta live for the moment right" he said as he threw the pill in his mouth and swallowed. Ren felt strange suddenly as he heard the thump of his body hit the floor but found himself still standing, then he looked around the room and found that many of the other people who had taken the pill were standing also, and out of the ones that were missing a chain connected to their bodies on the floor led outside. He looked down to find a similar chain attached to him.

Peering around Ren saw the creature now stilling in the cage, an ugly monstrosity to saw the least but Ren didn't seem to be bothered by its looks. "So we have to find a weapon to kill that thing huh, well I know just where to look" he said as he rushed out through the door and down the street. As he ran he felt strange, almost as if he were dead but not quite, people on the sides of the road couldn't seem to see him as he shoved his way past them, nor did they hear his apologies when he bumped into them. He ran for a good while, reaching him home, and quickly heading inside. as he walked in through the entry way he saw his father and mother sitting on the couch, chatting away. "Hey just popped in for a moment heading out again though" he said but to no avail, as they didn't seem to hear him. So instead of dwelling he walked to his training room. as he opened the door he could almost tell something was off, in the middle of the room there stood a Katana, fairly standard size but it was standing up straight on its own, Hey Kid... Ren heard a voice call out in his head as he walked towards the blade, Guess its still too soon for me to tell you my name, but be warned, make sure your ready before you ta- "Yoink" Ren said completely ignoring the voices warning as a wave of power surged through him. He suddenly was dressed in a black kimono type outfit with the sword that was standing up attached to his side. Just as he turned to head back to the cafe he heard a voice "HELP ME", and ran outside trying to figure out where it had come from.

Lime Boolaki

“Oh? Taeko! It’s just you.” Lime wiped her forehead as her eyes scanned the chain hanging from his chest. “Let’s get going. I’m afraid if there’s a time limit to this whole thing, we’ll be stuck like this. Let’s find this weapon.”

The walk to the school wasn’t too long, but it sure was dark. Trees blocked out the sun most of the way until they actually got onto school grounds. The school was surrounded by a seven or eight foot wall. Lime couldn't really tell. She just knew they’d have to climb over since the main gate was locked up.

“Follow me,” she said before crouching down. Her legs muscles tensed up for a brief moment before she jumped up into the air. Her hands grabbed onto the wall, and she pulled herself up on top of it.

“Your turn, Taeko.”

Lime thought for a moment, before reaching her hand down to help him.

“This isn’t a crime... is it?”

IG42 IG42

Taeko Suijin
Thankful for the slower pace Taeko was able to get his 'breath' back by the time they reached the school. "I guess as long as the chain is still linked to our bodies we're fine? Probably?" He mused and with characteristic disregard for safety gathered up a short length of the chain and tugged on it. "Seems strong enough, not like we could hold an axe or anything to hit it with anyway."

Staring at the wall he pressed a hand against it wondering if there was some way he could phase through the wall like a proper spectral until Lime simply jumped and pulled herself up. Looking up he made a rather pathetic hop at first then grabbed the top of the wall on his second attempt and flailed his feet trying to find purchase until Lime offered her hand, taking another moment to try and pull himself up he took her hand and the resulting hit to his masculinity. "Crime? Of course not, trespassing is the act of physically entering the property without permission but our physical bodies aren't here are they?" Rolling over the top of the wall he hung off the other side and managed to drop onto his feet without falling. "So I'm heading for the science lab, you want to come along or find your own whotsit?"

Regardless of Lime's response he made his way over to the window to the lab and after a couple of minutes succeeded in ghosting his way through the glass, standing in the darkened room Taeko looked around at the empty desks topped with gas taps. "Well now what?" He said to the empty space. "You're finally here." Hearing a seemingly distant voice Taeko turned on the spot trying to identify the source. "What? Who's there?" The voice gave a girlish giggle of contained excitement and spoke again coming through more clearly. "Oh I think my name will have to wait for the moment, more importantly now that you're here we can finally start the experiment!" Looking into one of the corners the voice seemed to be emanating from. "What are you talking about? Where are you?" Another giggle filled the room and a tall storage cupboard swung open of it's own accord. "Over here of course, can't do much science without instruments."

Going to the cupboard Taeko looked inside and saw a sheathed sword that was nearly as long as he was tall nestled among the shelves of beakers and bunsen burners, without any further prompting by the mystery voice he took the sword in hand and gently withdrew it from it's sheath. As the first inch of the silver streak running up the centre of the inky black blade caught the moonlight a shiver of energy ran through it and swept through Taeko lifting the oppressive feeling from his chest and re-clothing him in black, looking down at himself he felt a moment of panic at the lack of a chain on his chest but heard a cry for help before he could think on it and rushed towards the sound.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Akkun Mashiro
Akkun 1.jpg
Akkun was listening to the prattling of Ema in an almost auto-pilot manner. Giving the occasional grunt of acknowledgment. Only the unexpected shouting of Mariya about not going to her room was enough to shock him back into reality. The area of the town they had entered was unfamiliar to him. There were many large houses and parks in the area. It wasn't necessarily the wealthiest part of town but it did pose a sense of comfortable living. A bit of envy entered into his mind, not for himself but for Aiko.

Mariya began to deliberately approach one of the houses and Akkun assumed that they had reached their destination. It was a very nice house. He couldn't help but notice a rope descending from a third story window. It reminded him of a scene from a story he often read to Aiko. He turned to ask Mariya about it but was amazed by what he saw. Mariya seemingly passed through the wall of her house like a phantom. Then he remembered that they were truly nothing more than spirits right now. He waited a moment before pushing through the wall behind her. Akkun stood in a large room full of antiques as he looked around he saw Mariya focused on a particular area of the room. Peering over her he didn't see anything strange or out of the ordinary. After a few moments it looked as if she was grasping for something. In an instant she looked to be pained and her clothes were transformed into black ninja like garbs.

"What the hell is going on? Are you OK?" he asked Mariya as he approached her. He looked around one last time to ensure nothing dangerous was around before saying, "That's one down, two to go. We can go after mine next." He began to walk towards the wall he had phased through in order to enter the house. As he phased through the wall he expected to be hit by the cool night air, but was disappointed when he felt nothing. He scanned the distant building for a landmark so he could gain his bearing. After finding one he mentioned to the two girls "I think we can get to my apartment in about 10 minutes if we walk fast." he waited a moment in case their was any disagreements.

As he and the girls walked to his neighborhood you couldn't help but notice the drastic change in the standard of living. The large houses steadily gave way to a plethora or run down two story apartment complexes with trash and other rubble piled in random areas. Akkun felt a bit of embarrassment as he led to two cute girls into a window of his life. None the less he tread on. As they reached his apartment complex he took them up a rickety set of stairs to the second floor. His was the last apartment. As he reached the door he instinctively reached into his pocket to find his keys only to monetarily panic when they were nowhere to be found. Again he had to reminded himself that he was a spirit. Akkun turned to the girls and said "Fell free to come inside" He pushed one arm through the door still looking at the girls "I would offer you some drinks but...yea..." as he phased through the door he was standing in the genkan and began to remove his shoes before reminding himself, yet again, about his spirit form.

Akkun's apartment was small. It consisted of a kitchen, washroom and bath combo, and a main room that was used as the living room and bedroom. Aiko was sleeping happily on the futon sprawled out on the floor. "Right where I left you" Akkun whispered as he smiled. As he began to look around his apartment for the sword or whatever he was shocked when he heard a child giggle "Have you come to play?" it asked. Akkun reeled around expecting to see Aiko awake and expecting to start one of her childish games. Much to his bemusement Aiko was still fast asleep. This time he heard the voice of an older man grumble, "Why do you look so confused? Please tell me you aren't touched in the head" the voice complained. As Akkun started to follow the sound of the voice he asked to seemingly no one, "Who's there?" he began to slowly turn in order to identify the direction of the voice. This time a soothing women's voice answered, "Who am I indeed. It is a bit to early for you to comprehend my name" she stated plainly. Akkun had finally pinpointed the direction of the voice. It was coming from Aiko!

Dread overwhelmed him. He hoped that his rash decisions had not negatively effected Aiko in any way. As he approached her she seemed to be peacefully asleep on the ground. Upon closer inspection he saw her cuddling what looked to be a tanto that was glowing in a beautiful mixture of colors, like a small ambient rainbow. The scabbard was a dark ebony, the hand guard was wrapped in purple, it was capped on both ends with a silver looking metal with beautiful designs embedded, and the hand-guard was shaped like a prism. As he stared at the sight in front of him he was jolted back to reality. This time all three voices in unison demanded, "Take me into your hands!" and in a moment of sheer determination he grasped the short sword and a wave of energy overtook him. His was blinded by the same myriad of colors that radiated from the sword. Just as he thought that his body and mind could no longer bare it the energy and colors subsided. He stood unmoved in his living room for a moment. Not sure what had just transpired. He looked down at his body to see that he was now wearing the same black garbs that Mariya was wearing. He could feel the sword was on his back just above his hips. " OK, I never want to do that again" he whispered so as not to wake his sleeping sister. He approached the girls and with a hint of relief in his voice said "Ema, I guess your next."

Interacted with MocaPoka MocaPoka Hanarei Hanarei

Last edited:
8MVCLz6.png
Ema Narisawa
A short while earlier...

Ema had behaved herself quite well when at Mariya's house... well as good as she could. She naturally was quite the talkative type so she naturally had to toss a word or two in along the way though for the most part being nothing of substantial worth outside a few compliments towards her friend... and perhaps one very short and quickly cut off line hinting at her bedroom again. To her she just thought it was cute. Despite Ema's attempt to hook her friend up with a guy she wasn't exactly the type to really think about any sort of implications she might be making. Even if her mind did possess more perverse thoughts she wasn't exactly known to come up with clever play on words. Truthfully it was probably quite scary to most if they knew what poorly thought out words of advice she might likely toss her siblings way when trying to teach them a life lessen. Perhaps given with good intent but likely coming off as a complete or a questionable mess.

When it came to Akkun though she was a little bit less 'good'. A quick giggle from Ema looking at Mariya seemed almost devious in intention despite her bubbly glow about her at the idea of visiting her house. Perhaps a little strange given the fact Ema was still oblivious to any insinuations that could be made from it. She just honestly thought it was cool seeing what a guy's house would look like. She nodded to Akkun not seeming to be in any rush at all to get her own weapon. She was perhaps a bit too carefree about the whole situation then she should be. To her it was all just fun and games as of now even with that scary thing in the cage seeming to reflect danger that might be lingering around the world for them. She leaned over holding her hand up to cover her mouth as if to whisper to Mariya. Being it was Ema she naturally failed horribly at actually whispering with her words easily coming off loud enough for Akkun to hear.

"Mariya, hey Mariya... we can see what his room is like! Oooo I bet its fancy! I wonder if he has that race card bed! Hehe... Katsu always begged to get one when he was younger. Its so cute when I tease him about it now trying to deny he ever wanted it." She spoke giggling a bit very cheerful as they headed to Akkun's home.

The neighborhood looked rather familiar. Quite similar to where she remembered living back when she was much younger before her father's restaurant managed to get enough footing that they had extra money to move to somewhere a bit nicer. Seeing his place and being invited in, Ema didn't hesitate to jump right through the door inside. It half seemed like she was about to barge in even if he hadn't actually invited them in. She glanced around looking on seeming quite excited to see the place. It was small though it didn't stop her at all from enjoying checking it out. She couldn't help but glance over noticing Aiko staring at her with interest. She heard Akkun speak only causing her to lean in a bit keeping some distance despite trying to get a closer look. Akkun arguing with himself was perhaps strange to most but It didn't even phase Ema. What did catch her attention was the light that came from Akkun very similar to her friend changing him into a shinigami.

"Ooo Ooo me next... me next!" She spoke bouncing excitedly as if expecting some light show to happen. It took Akkun speaking up to realize that wasn't going to just spontaneously happen.

"Oooooh... okay! On then, to the Arcade!" She spoke out pointing her finger up in the air triumphantly. She blinked as she paused, lifting her hand tapping her finger to her chin.

"Oh wait... yes....to my house!" She spoke up lifting her finger once more as if to take back her earlier words. She haven't the slightest clue why she had mentioned the arcade. it just sounded fun to say more so. She couldn't recall the last time she had been there.

As if some strange modern telling of the three little bears, Ema lead the two to a residential area. It wasn't as lavish looking as Mariya's though it was a step above the neighborhood Akkun was in. A rather middle class neighborhood right on the middle oft he scale of the two if one had to put a label on it. Several condos all sat in a row. Each two story building seeming to support two or three portions of which a family could live in. The building themselves varied in terms of shape with some looking older while clearly newer buildings dotted between replacing what had once been more defunct residence long since torn down to fit more thne one family while some of the older homes were clearly converted to suit more then one resident splitting the house separate from one another. Ema stepped up to what was her home looking to be a bit of an older building though one that clearly had gotten work with what had been a single house clearly showing itself split into two separate sections with the remodeling while retaining some of the once single home structure varying with the other side having a portion of a porch and a window to it while hers simply had a small deck to the door with the wall jutting out with a much more modest set of windows. She stepped forward to her door as if about to walk through before pausing.

"My big sis senses are tingling..." She spoke both index fingers pointed out aimed at her temple as if reading some sort of message from beyond time and space. She stepped away from the deck wandering to the window propping herself up a bit.

"You can come in if you want! Just watch out for Mister Wolf. He can be a mean ol' fellow and bite ya!" She spoke a warning as she jumped through the window entering the house. As if on queue for those who would follow, a rather intimidating looking woof statue sat right infront upon entering against the wall what was the little living room with a TV and coach, a pair of large googly eyes plopped right on top where its eyes would be covered up. The room itself was a little bit of a mess a few toys scattered here and there left out with a majority tucked in white plastic shelf containers to the side that had been clearly opened while Ema was gone in order for toys to be taken out to be played with. As if to confirm Ema's 'big sis' senses, the twins Ren and Ryo both were fast asleep, Ren propped against the door with Ryo sleeping just on the floor beside him wearing matching pajamas with a rather crude looking lion creature on them.

"My powers are never wrong!" OoooOoooo" She spoke out, her voice lower pitched as if afraid to awaken her brothers making a rather silly show of herself. Ema slowly crawled walking towards the steps, careful as to not step on her siblings (habits after all) heading up the stairs. She wandered through the short hallway passing by the door left open from the twins and the door leading to the older of her younger siblings Katsu. She heard a sudden noise as the third door swung open revealing her youngest sibling Mari. Ema paused as Mari glanced up, looking hazily up clearly half asleep having come from the bathroom. She rubbed her eyes staring at Ema holding her stuffed bird looking towards Ema. The big sister lifted her fingers up pressing it to her lips as if to shush her younger sibling. Mari looked nodding lightly to Ema as she shuffled back to bed across the hall closing the door behind her to go back to bed.

"Hurry hurry!" She spoke in a hushed tone as she shuffled forward crossing two more doors at the end of the hallway turning to the left one as she stepped through. Inside the room it was clearly left as some sort of storage area. The room itself wasn't that large particularly with several boxes and a few pieces of furniture laid covered up. Where Ema had been rather upbeat and bouncy despite trying to 'sneak' around before it seemed as if Ema's temperament had changed a bit. It was a room that not even Mariya had been in. It wasn't a room that Ema's father liked being entered into very often, something even Ema as spontaneous as she was seemed to respect, at least not bringing her siblings or others inside. In the corner Ema stepped up to a rather old looking dresser, a mirror sitting upon it. It was worst for wear with a jewelry box on the side. The more surprising part was the sheathed sword sitting up on top. She looked at the blade staring upon it. An air of silence all but filling the room. An intense stare down as the girl looked upon the blade in utter silence as the very air of silence would be broken at any second from some strange voice.

"Got it!" Ema spoke up, no sound once coming from the blade as if to speak out to her like theirs did to them as Ema quickly grabbed the blade holding it up as if in some elaborate pose held into the air that was meant to be followed by some iconic jingle.Her temperament was all bubbly as a flash of light cascaded off from her. Much like the others her own set of robes appeared on her body. The robes matched her allies fitting on her frame the dark vibrant pink... wait vibrant pink? It seemed Ema had done a rather poor job of this whole job her robe being a pink color instead of dark in shade. Not only had she managed to not even have her sword speak to her, she couldn't even get the outfit right somehow.

"Let's go! Onward to vict.... ah... shhhh shh... not so loud." She spoke as if to hush her allies. She spoke hushing them as if they had spoken loudly despite her doing so as she ushered them over to the nearby covered window in order to jump out onto the small section of roof below sloping down to the ground into her small side yard back outside.

Interacted: MocaPoka MocaPoka Akkun no Baka Akkun no Baka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back