• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: Verge of Extinction

Luelle

Eternal Light
4a2246a6d8b01be027eb83bacf3ed244.jpg

One hundred years prior to disorder, the cycle of peace and light was severely disrupted. Avatar Eiol wildly exhibited his power as an infant and was captured prematurely by a group of non-bending anarchists called the Reorder. Eiol was kept imprisoned his whole life in order for a century of reformation by the Reorder... a century to purge and enslave benders from every nation by way of enhanced chi blocking. Most of the benders were eliminated or detained, while few others went into hiding to revolt. Eiol took his last breath in the walls of a cold dungeon having unrealized his potential duty as the Avatar. The trapped spirit of the Avatar resought a newborn to desperately revive the cycle of peace and light. The Reorder's first priority was to keep the Avatar in their possession, so they would search everywhere to find the new chosen one. Hidden within one of the Fire nation internment camps, a young girl was discovered having displayed the ability to bend fire and air. She was immediately captured to restart another lifetime of bringing an end to all benders. Raised to reject the spirit world and to become the Reorder's inquisitor, the rogue avatar seeks out those who carry her "curse of bending" to bring them to extinction. Now, only those who survive the purge are the only hope left to to bring balance back to the world.

Air. Water. Earth. Fire. Only the Avatar can master all four elements....
But one day, those who could not bend the elements, decided that no one would.

The first of the four nations to fall prey to the Reorder were the Air Nomads. Their most skillful air bender neglected their culture's ideologies of peace and exclusive style of defense, and his chaotic tactics created tension and a vulnerable opening to strike. Without warning the second nation, the water tribe was overrun and some of their own people seduced into treason. The bad blood of the familial leaders drove a wedge in the alliance of their nation as a whole, and treachery from the inside resulted in their downfall. The third nation, the most resistant in the first hundred years, was the earth kingdom. Their old earth king soon passed and the heir was far too young to rule. A divide in the ruling caused a blinding distraction, and the invasion enveloped them before effective strategies could be enforced. Last to succumb was the fire nation. They put up a fight for the rest of the century. Only when the new avatar grew misled and corrupted, could they no longer stand a chance during a day of black sun. Their fire was weakened and they lost control of their militia.

Choose your place. Are you an enslaved bender? A bender in hiding?
An enforcer of the Reorder? Apart of the revolt?

The Reorder
A revolutionary group of non-benders who plot to erase all benders, so that no one has special power above them. They detained the adolescent avatar and intensively bent them to their will to create them into a self-denying, inquisitor of the Reorder. Experimenting with an ancient form of chi blocking, they were able to enhance the technique and paralyze benders from their power for an extended amount of time. Their agents specialize in this chi blocking technique and use it to disable their enemies for detainment. They gained the upper hand over the four nations with the avatar at their side and withheld a dire secret that would keep their order thriving.

Fire Nation Internment Camps
A place where fire benders are denied the sun. They are chambers with eerie crystals or metallic dungeons and cold, bitter darkness.

High Prison of the Water Tribes
Built upon the ruins of a demolished air temple, a high security prison where water benders are kept far from any water below.

Earth Kingdom Ice Traps
The ice pits where earth benders can never touch or manipulate the soil of the earth ever again.

Underground Confinements of Air
The remaining air nomads were forced underground with little oxygen and where their air bending and mobility is incapacitated.

The Phoenix Restoration
The revolt of non-benders and benders in hiding that aim to restore the order of the world by freeing the benders and bringing the Reorder to justice. Their ultimate goal, to release the avatar from their destructive influence to reclaim peace.

d8upk0s-99b48f0b-de8b-434d-8f0c-35e0286baccf.jpg

(credit for art: arcipello)

The daughter to one of the captive Masters of the Blue Flame, Ezria was discovered at a Fire Nation internment camp where she accidentally displayed the ability to air bend along with her native fire bending capabilities. She was taken to be raised by the highest ranks of the Reorder and grew to know an in-training chi blocker, Rygo, who became like a brother to her. Guided to believe and experience her bending as a curse rather than a blessing, Ezria was manipulated her whole life to appease the motives of the Reorder. Her connection to the spirit world rejected and forbidden.

Yes! And a million times Yes! I have been inspired by the resurgence of the series so I'm down for this! In fact, I even came up with a character for this reason. Just let me know when and where you are having this rp take place! ✌

But how would they fix it if the Avatar keeps getting corrupted?
They’d need to end the cause of the cycle of corruption/oppression aka the Reorder :)

But also, perhaps the Avatar needs a new vessel with the right influence. Which means killing her (depending on if she has any redeeming qualities or not) or containing her until her life cycle is over with and after dealing with the Reorder who try to kidnap each new Avatar. Or maybe the benders and the members of the Phoenix Restoration are able to soften the current Avatar’s heart somehow if the opportunity arises while maybe the spirit realm makes attempts to work through her behind the scenes in mysterious ways to awaken an unseen capacity for her to make things right regardless of her resistance to the idea OR at least to help the benders bring her to justice somehow.

It really all depends on how the story plays out by how the players choose to have the characters interact with one another or perceive things by their personal experience! Which is the fun part! ;3:

Well either way I can't wait till you start accepting characters °^°
They’d need to end the cause of the cycle of corruption/oppression aka the Reorder :)

But also, perhaps the Avatar needs a new vessel with the right influence. Which means killing her (depending on if she has any redeeming qualities or not) or containing her until her life cycle is over with and after dealing with the Reorder who try to kidnap each new Avatar. Or maybe the benders and the members of the Phoenix Restoration are able to soften the current Avatar’s heart somehow if the opportunity arises while maybe the spirit realm makes attempts to work through her behind the scenes in mysterious ways to awaken an unseen capacity for her to make things right regardless of her resistance to the idea OR at least to help the benders bring her to justice somehow.

It really all depends on how the story plays out by how the players choose to have the characters interact with one another or perceive things by their personal experience! Which is the fun part! ;3:

Ideally, I’ll create an ooc and character thread by tonight! But can’t promise anything haha.

I’m super excited as well as I’ll have my own main character I’m introducing for when I’m not controlling the Avatar or important NPCs! — I’ll most likely have him be a sacrificial lamb in order to turn the tides in a vital moment, but ultimately it’s up to you guys to bring down the Reorder and capture, persuade, or defeat the Avatar!

One thing is for certain, it won’t be easy. :angelD:

So I’m giddily expecting you guys to concoct some impressive plans and strategies while trying!

It will take several battles/attempts and it might seem like a hopeless cause at times! But if you guys are able to outsmart me or play things out wisely, then there is a way to win once we’ve reached a good climax period!

Ideally, I’ll create an ooc and character thread by tonight! But can’t promise anything haha.

I’m super excited as well as I’ll have my own main character I’m introducing for when I’m not controlling the Avatar or important NPCs! — I’ll most likely have him be a sacrificial lamb in order to turn the tides in a vital moment, but ultimately it’s up to you guys to bring down the Reorder and capture, persuade, or defeat the Avatar!

So I’m giddily expecting you guys to concoct some impressive plans and strategies while trying!

It will take several battles/attempts and it might seem like a hopeless cause at times! But if you guys are able to outsmart me or play things out wisely, then there is a way to win once we’ve reached a good climax period!
It sounds lovely! I just can't wait °^° don't forget that RL comes first, no need to push yaself!

I'll prob make a firebender or airbender, don't know yet, but I might give her Iroh vibes, that'd help XD

Take your time with that. As excited as I am I rather see you take your time with getting it all set up. Besides Im still working out my own oc to fit this narrative.

That sounds like a pretty cool idea! I myself can't handle RP more than one PC ehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back