[Astrum: Heavens] The Galactic Cantina

So about those characters... the XO for example. Are they Storyteller NPCs or can we control them as well? Because at start I set out to roleplay pretty much everyone in my nation, and then after a while I resorted to roleplaying exclusively the commander. I'm used to single-character freeform RPs so this came naturally for me. Is it ok to share control of all nation characters?

The way I do it is that I usually RP a single main character, sometimes two or three, during a mission. I might do a little controlling of minor characters when it would be inpractical to have to wait for a mod to (like when I've had my character call up to the command ship as a demonstration a couple times). In my experiance, it seems to usually be a mix of mod and player control of the NPCs who aren't the big guy in charge of the mission, with it mostly going towards the Mod, though the squad/team/army/etc is following the player's commands.

highdarklord said:
The way I do it is that I usually RP a single main character, sometimes two or three, during a mission. I might do a little controlling of minor characters when it would be inpractical to have to wait for a mod to (like when I've had my character call up to the command ship as a demonstration a couple times). In my experiance, it seems to usually be a mix of mod and player control of the NPCs who aren't the big guy in charge of the mission, with it mostly going towards the Mod, though the squad/team/army/etc is following the player's commands.
He says, acting all expert-like, having been on exactly 1 away mission. :tongue:

But HDL is right - You have control of minor NPCs to a limited extent, usually defined by this factor: 'Would the NPC ordinarily follow the player's main character's orders?' - If yes; You have limited control over their actions and can bypass unnecessary mod one-liners, so if you tell Private Bob to open a hatch, you can have him do it without waiting for me to say he does it. - If not; Then you have no control.

In all cases, however, you don't get to define their personalities or how they might react to certain situations. I reserve that pleasure for myself and it adds more unpredictability to some situations- When you as players can't just go; "Every member of the team valiantly used themselves as body-shields for the Commander!" Or other such nonsense. ;)

After all they might feel inclined to plunge into that horde of enemies, to die valiantly for their homeworld - Eh, Freeman? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey now, the number of missions I went through with Uziel when he had his RPs going... same principle as I understand it, just different God so to speak ;D

Cold. Wet. But the busy is also being hammered by Cold and Wet so more free time, most it used shivering. ^^ Otherwise doing okay. xD

DRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLL...... BANG BANG BANG..... HAMMERING.... DDDDRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLL.... BANG BANG.... CLANK CLONK.... HAMMER HAMMER.... DDDDDDDDDDD D D RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......

All frakking day, since they're renovating the elevator in our apartment building. I'm telling you guys, if they don't finish soon, I'm gonna lose it.. I mean, Go crazy.. nuts.. Insane.. Bonzo.. lose possession of my facualties- Three fries short of a happy meal,

WACKO!

xybsg.jpg

Aren't you... aren't you already crazy.. nuts.. Insane.. Bonzo.. lost possession of your facualties- Three fries short of a happy meal,

WACKO!

Yes. Completely and utterly crazy in the coconut. :cool:

But -10 Nebulapoints for not getting the

In other news, posts and things to come tomorrow or the day after.. I had a bit of a hectic weekend and need a few days to just.. kick back and, relax. Not worrying about- *DDDRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL* -FFFFFFFF... :(

[QUOTE="Helix Nebula]Yes. Completely and utterly crazy in the coconut. :cool:
But -10 Nebulapoints for not getting the

.[/QUOTE]
.no... NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I CAN'T HANDLE THAT!!! -10?!?!?!?!asef~!

THE HOLY ORDER OF THE NEBULA DEMANDS I DIE FOR SUCH A HORRIBLE INFRACTION!

OH GOODBYE SWEET CRUEL WORLD! I HAVE SHAMED THE GREAT NEBULA AND MUST PAY MY PENANCE!~!$#~

Well... didn't carry out on it... sacrificed a small bus of virgin nuns though... I think that's worth a couple points...

Wow.... uh.. I had no idea you were, that batshitinsane devoted! Sure, um... Here;

[media]

[/media]
+5 Nebulapoints!...

Freeman said:
You get an Al'kesh.

HolyFireX said:
How do u hide text or images? i can't find the bb code for it
You can do spoilers with,

Code:
[spoiler]lorem ipsum dolor[/spoiler]

lorem ipsum dolor
Or you can do,